3.5 FPS vs 3 FPS

14 bit vs 12 bit

Made Japan vs Made Thailand

Excellent Customer Service vs Customer Service Sucks

Plastic Composite (Stainless Steel chassis) vs Magnesium Composite alloy

Digic III vs Expeed

0.1 startup vs 0.4 startup

P36K - Kit lens vs P29K Kit Lens

Mostly specifications palang ito, but you can also do your homework.

Let's look at some other features that are actually VERY (i say even critically) useful when taking pictures :)

45D vs D60

EV Compensation:

-2 to +2 EV in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps VS -5 to +5 EV in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps

Metering:

35 area eval, center weighted, partial, spot VS 420 segment 3D color Matrix metering II, Center weighted, Spot

And to add more info to what's already posted:

Continuous Drive:

3.5 fps, 53 JPEG or 6 RAW frames VS Yes, 3.0 fps, unlimited JPEG

Focusing:

9-point CMOS sensor VS Multi-CAM530 three area AF sensor

And some subjective stuff--

Go to a store and just HOLD the cameras...carry them around the store...feel the grip...get a feel of the ergonomics...close your eyes and then decide which camera *feels* better...when you open your eyes, I'll bet it's the D60 that you're holding

And yeah...

Canon vs Nikon

Camera company VS Optical Engineering industrialist

:goatee:

And some subjective stuff--

Go to a store and just HOLD the cameras...carry them around the store...feel the grip...get a feel of the ergonomics...close your eyes and then decide which camera *feels* better...when you open your eyes, I'll bet it's the D60 that you're holding

And yeah...

Canon vs Nikon

Camera company VS Optical Engineering industrialist

:goatee:

Here's some advantages on the Plastic Composite vs the Magnesium Composite of Canon and Nikon.

Canon - lighter, but easily marked when bumped hard.

Nikon - heavier, but much durable than plastic composite

But, has there been a test of Shock???

Example both cameras been dropped 10 to 20 feet in a concrete floor???

Anybody...

Canon 40D vs Nikon D40

technical specs and subjective specs

Thanks in advance

Like what Penguin said.

D40 - entry level

40D - Mid-level

Both from different brand.

I suggest D80 vs 40D and D40 vs 400D.

Go to www.dpreview.com for detailed reviews and specs, there's just too many.

Anybody...

Canon 40D vs Nikon D40

technical specs and subjective specs

Thanks in advance

Better hurry sweetie, some Nikon dealers were told to clear inventory on D80 and D40 as soon as possible. This is to make way for some upcoming products like D700, SB900, D90, and some other lenses. Some will be rolled out next week, I think.

Anyway, like the others said, a more appropriate comparison would be Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 and Canon 400D vs Nikon D40. In the end, it's what you really want in a camera that determines your choice.

newbie query

ok lang ba to install the lens from the body when ur not using the camera?

whats the proper way of storing it pla?

You can have your lens off camera or on it. Just store it in a dry place or perhaps in your camera bag. :blink:

Just make sure it does NOT take a dive into salt water!! :cry:

I plan to buy a Canon 450D soon, but I got a bit disappointed when I was recently told that most DSLRs don't enable a live panel view of the image that one intends to shoot. Is this true?

If it is, then are there any DSLRs at all that offer such a view?

I guess to specify the question further, which DSLRs have this functionality and which do not? Thanks!

I plan to buy a Canon 450D soon, but I got a bit disappointed when I was recently told that most DSLRs don't enable a live panel view of the image that one intends to shoot. Is this true?

I guess to specify the question further, which DSLRs have this functionality and which do not? Thanks!

Digital SLR cameras that have live view are the Canon 450D, Nikon D300, and Nikon D3. I'm not sure about the Canon 40D, 5D, and 1Ds Mark III.

The 450D can focus with live preview, matagal nga lang. Pang studio shots lang puede. This goes for most DSLRs.

I think the Nikon D3 and D300 can also focus in live preview mode. The latest Olympus DSLRs can also focus in live preview mode (E3, E510, E420). Not sure which Sony cams have this feature though.

The 450D can focus with live preview, matagal nga lang. Pang studio shots lang puede. This goes for most DSLRs.

I think the Nikon D3 and D300 can also focus in live preview mode. The latest Olympus DSLRs can also focus in live preview mode (E3, E510, E420). Not sure which Sony cams have this feature though.

Canon 40D also has Live View. :thumbsupsmiley:

im planning to get in the future a superzoom camera like the Nikon P80 with 18x optical zoom.

Not too intimidating like the DSLR's and maybe has a better feature (specially zoom) than the usual compact/point and shoot digicams.

But not yet sure if the quality of pics is good at high zoom. wala pa kasi ko nakita display dito eh.

^ I have a trusted online contact who's willing to give me the standard package with a decent tripod at P38k all in all. I didn't want to haggle anymore because i don't mind paying a bit more for the relative safety of not going to Quiapo. ;)

Package includes:

- the 450D kit (w/lens)

- the 1 yr Canon warranty

- rudy project bag

- 1GB card

- screen protector

- 5 ft high white tripod

^ I have a trusted online contact who's willing to give me the standard package with a decent tripod at P38k all in all. I didn't want to haggle anymore because i don't mind paying a bit more for the relative safety of not going to Quiapo. ;)

Package includes:

- the 450D kit (w/lens)

- the 1 yr Canon warranty

- rudy project bag

- 1GB card

- screen protector

- 5 ft high white tripod

wag ka matakot sa quiapo basta ingat ka lang sa MANDO

Alam nyo kasi... DSLRs in its original concept never really intended to have live-view since its directed at the professional level. But, since the technology has the capability of cramping it in there there you go.

If you want cameras for the sole purpose of having a live-view might as well buy a point-n-shoot camera.

By the way... its official. Nikon will release a new full-frame camera :thumbsupsmiley:

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0807/Nikon/d700press.jpg

Alam nyo kasi... DSLRs in its original concept never really intended to have live-view since its directed at the professional level. But, since the technology has the capability of cramping it in there there you go.

If you want cameras for the sole purpose of having a live-view might as well buy a point-n-shoot camera.

By the way... its official. Nikon will release a new full-frame camera :thumbsupsmiley:

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0807/Nikon/d700press.jpg

wow kelan kaya bababa ang presyo nito

I believe the LIVE VIEW is an added bonus to DSLR's.

Canon 450D and 40D Live View has Auto-Focus.

With the Live View, One doesn't need to be in a hard angle to see something.

D700 katapat sa Canon Canon EOS 5D.

High-level camera na ang mga ito.

Again, di ko talaga magugustuhan Nikon hangga't hindi nila ayusin ang Local Service Centers nila.

Ang gulo ng Columbia!

Edited by Gideon
I believe the LIVE VIEW is an added bonus to DSLR's.

Canon 450D and 40D Live View has Auto-Focus.

With the Live View, One doesn't need to be in a hard angle to see something.

Why not get an angle finder instead? Its cheaper and works on existing cameras rather than buying an expensive DSLR with "Live View"

DSLRs with "Live View" suffers on focusing when using it most of the time.

D700 katapat sa Canon Canon EOS 5D.

High-level camera na ang mga ito.

Again, di ko talaga magugustuhan Nikon hangga't hindi nila ayusin ang Local Service Centers nila.

Ang gulo ng Columbia!

I think D700 will come out cheaper than 5D

Hanapin mo na lang si Mang Gerry ng Columbia sa Cubao... maayos kausap yon at magaling pa :P

photo enthusiast who only knows point and shoot shots.

i intend to buy my first digital camera. pero ayoko ng para lang makakuha ng litrato. interested po ako sa photography. particularly still shots. any recommendations? kung meron sa low end, mas cool. ang alam ko nikon ang the best brand. that's it. kung anong specs, flabbergasted na ako.

help?

:D