Digital Cameras

friend of mine is selling me his canon 30d... how much is a second hand cam of this type? is this a good cam? i am a COMPLETE ignoramus about this so any inputs will help...

thanks guys.

its around 32 to 38K depending if there is a kit lens included and how many shots its taken...a DSLR unlike a point-and-shoot has a certain lifespan of clicks. In this case, the 30D is rated at 100,000 shutter actuations. Generally, anything less than 10K clicks is considered low mileage.

A few words of advice...if you're not sure about getting an expensive camera, then don't buy it. Chances are you won't be using it as much as you should. Plus, anybody who has upgraded to a DSLR will tell you that the camera is only the first thing you'll buy...next is the flash, next is a better lens, next is another better lens, and so on and so forth.

Right. Whether you're buying a Canon or a Nikon, you should focus your investment on the lenses, not the body. Camera bodies, like computers, get updated frequently and you'll mostly likely want to upgrade eventually. Lenses on the other hand, are industry standard. Which means any lens you purchase now is still useable 10 years down the road.

You don't necessarily need a uber-highend camera. Just get a reasonably priced mid to entry model, but do expect to splurge on lenses.

Dude, I went to the Sony Service Center sa Escriva St. in Pasig and they said that they have to replace the lens coz ganun daw talaga kapag W-Series model ng Sony. Palit kaagad kapag nasira. Anyway, is it true? I asked them kung magkano yung lens around PHP 3K daw tapos may PHP 900 pa yatang service charge. Grabe ang mahal!

Anyway, may alam ka ba na pwede kong paayusan nito? Malapit ako sa Pasig.

It depends on the damage dude. Saan ka located so I can suggest the nearest branch???

Yup, mas maganda ang P - Program, kasi halos Manual settings ka sa camera mo.

Hindi ka ba nag PnS, biglang DLSR???

It depends on the damage dude. Saan ka located so I can suggest the nearest branch???

Yup, mas maganda ang P - Program, kasi halos Manual settings ka sa camera mo.

Hindi ka ba nag PnS, biglang DLSR???

Dude, I went to the Sony Service Center sa Escriva St. in Pasig and they said that they have to replace the lens coz ganun daw talaga kapag W-Series model ng Sony. Palit kaagad kapag nasira. Anyway, is it true? I asked them kung magkano yung lens around PHP 3K daw tapos may PHP 900 pa yatang service charge. Grabe ang mahal!

Anyway, may alam ka ba na pwede kong paayusan nito? Malapit ako sa Pasig.

Hmmm... Mukhang expired na ang warranty mo Dude.

Kung lens talaga ang sira talagang mahal yun dude. Fixed lens kasi ang mga PnS kaya talagang the whole unit na ang papalitan.

But, if you want you can just buy a new one.

Dude, dun ka na sa mismong official service center mag paayos, para may warranty pa yung changes na gagawin. But, if you really trust the person who is going to fix your camera, then why not!?!

Canon 400D user here, QUESTION lang:

Ano kayang lens ang magandang upgrade?

I am thinking of a "general-purpose" lens...

yung tipong pwede for most situations...

medyo nahihilig kasi ako sa portraiture and street photography...

any suggestion?

thank you

my walkaround lens is a 24-105 f4. an excellent all around lens.

New Nikon lens to sink our teeth into..

16-85 f3.5 to 5.6 VR, nice all-around lens... I'm a bit disappointed that Nikon set the price almost the same as the 18-200 VR.

I don't think losing 2mm at the wide end makes up for losing 115mm at the zoom side :thumbsdownsmiley: they should bring this down to somewhere in the middle of 18-200 and 18-70 prices.

Edited by penguin0109