Digital Cameras

mga bro, tulong naman, compatible ba ung Quantaray Nikon mount 55-200mm f/4-5.6 DC AF sa Nikon D40... i tried to search sa internet for compatiblity issues pero wala naman ako nakita... alam nyo ba kung meron to sariling AF motor? kasi if wala kakailanganin ko palagi manual focus right?

Bro, Wala din reported compatibility issues so far akong nakita. The quantaray lens is an AF (Auto-Focus) lens and you can either chose to let the camera/lens tandem do Auto Focus for you or you can switch it to manual and do your own focusing. I think the lense AF motor motor you are refering to is the SW "Silent-wave" (for Nikon) HSM "high-speed-motor" (for sigma) which was an added feature for more faster Auto Focus.

Cheers!

Edited by fire_breather
Guest airmax

I won this on ebay Casio Exilim EX-Z77 for only $105. May kasama pa syang tripod, case, at lens cleaner. Bargain na bargain.

http://gpctweb01.globalpct.com/ebayimages/Casio_EX-Z77/image_17.jpg

Edited by airmax
  • 4 weeks later...

im planning to buy a DSLR Camera just as a hobby. can anyone recommend a nice DSLR camera for a Hobbyist like me? and what do you think of the cannon eos 300D, 350D,400D and Pentax k110D? is it worth buying? what other cameras would you recommend? under Php25,000 if meron. Thanks!

Edited by dwyanewade03
im planning to buy a DSLR Camera just as a hobby. can anyone recommend a nice DSLR camera for a Hobbyist like me? and what do you think of the cannon eos 300D, 350D,400D and Pentax k110D? is it worth buying? what other cameras would you recommend? under Php25,000 if meron. Thanks!

The Pentax is a really good camera...unfortunately, you'll have a tough time getting good lenses at good prices. Maybe if you're in a richer country, this would be a good option.

Stick with either a Canon or a Nikon. There are a lot of users out there, so buying new or used lenses is easy.

Personally, I would go for a Canon because the 350D / 400D / 450D offer so much more than the Nikon D40 / D60. Canon's high ISO performance is much better in the entry-level DSLRs than Nikon's. The Canon also offers more focusing points and more third party lenses.

The problem is your budget...at that price, you might have to get a used camera. A used 350D kit is around 19K, a used 400D kit is around 27K. A used D40 kit is about 22K.

The Pentax is a really good camera...unfortunately, you'll have a tough time getting good lenses at good prices. Maybe if you're in a richer country, this would be a good option.

Stick with either a Canon or a Nikon. There are a lot of users out there, so buying new or used lenses is easy.

Personally, I would go for a Canon because the 350D / 400D / 450D offer so much more than the Nikon D40 / D60. Canon's high ISO performance is much better in the entry-level DSLRs than Nikon's. The Canon also offers more focusing points and more third party lenses.

The problem is your budget...at that price, you might have to get a used camera. A used 350D kit is around 19K, a used 400D kit is around 27K. A used D40 kit is about 22K.

Thanks for the info :thumbsupsmiley: . i decided to buy the cannon 350d on amazon.com ill have it shipped to my brother in new york.

got dsc-w200.....12.1 megapix wid 3x zoom....2.5 lcd.....got it for 13870 with 2 gig sony and a sony pouch....best with it...brand new.....

ganda nga yan. but i dont need a digital camera. i need a DSLR camera. Mura ang Prices sa Amzon and they sell both brand new and used cameras. :thumbsupsmiley: