Digital Cameras

Yup, nasa photographer naman yan kung anong level sya, kaya iba-iba ang point of view ng mga reviews kasi iba ang preference ng bawat user.

Canon warranty ang mga purchase sa Hidalgo, you can go to a Canon Service Center and have the warranty extended for 2 more years. Only under warranty items can be extended, kung lipas na sa 1 year, hindi na pwede.

oo nga eh, 1st try ko lang using a tele zoom... kaya praktis muna sa Sigma, tsaka na yung 70-200 F4 L IS! hehehe

ah yun pala yung sinasabi mo about sa warranty... thank you!

My cybershot is quiteold But tuwing nag flahs photos ako sa dark. Parang panget tingnan.

I want kasi is ung picture ko tas dark background. Pero mor emphasis on my face.

for the type of image you wana capture use a camera with the following features:

-a metering system that can be set to center

-have an exposure compensation

What's the best digital camera that I can get with a 17k budget?

Fujifilm finepix f100fd(latest f-series). but if you can find f31fd go for it, one of the best f-series.

fujifilm is under rated digicam coz its brand is not so popular, but for pro level, this one kicks ass!

Cybershots are popular coz of its brand, sony. but mind you, i've used alot of cybershots, IQ is un-acceptable for me.

if you want kickass digicam's (poin-and-shoot), go for fujifilm, canon, & panasonic/leica.

Canon boy ako. Tried and tested. We have an old EOS 650 when it first came out. Its still alive and kicking.

Para sa P&S naman, powershots made by Canon are good too. Pero kung kukuha ka lang din ng high end na P&S, mag dslr ka na lang. Konti na lang ang price difference, malaki na ang increase sa image quality. Ang con nga lang eh yung weight, size and no movie mode. But that's not the reason why you're bringing a SLR around anyway.

HI! I am looking to swap my 2 Nikon Lenses (AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IF-ED & Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED) for a Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens...

the 18-55 lens was purchased with my D40 last January, and the 55-200 lens was purchased just last April.

anyone interested, please PM me...

Canon boy ako. Tried and tested. We have an old EOS 650 when it first came out. Its still alive and kicking.

Para sa P&S naman, powershots made by Canon are good too. Pero kung kukuha ka lang din ng high end na P&S, mag dslr ka na lang. Konti na lang ang price difference, malaki na ang increase sa image quality. Ang con nga lang eh yung weight, size and no movie mode. But that's not the reason why you're bringing a SLR around anyway.

Really, napa repair mo na yung Actuations???

oo nga eh, 1st try ko lang using a tele zoom... kaya praktis muna sa Sigma, tsaka na yung 70-200 F4 L IS! hehehe

ah yun pala yung sinasabi mo about sa warranty... thank you!

Wow, nag-iipon ka na for the Luxury Lens!?!

Lupit dude, maganda ang picture quality nyan, may USM, 2 modes of IS and superior build.

coming this fall... Nikon D90. :cool:

Some features of the coming D90:

The new D90 incorporates an optional feature called Universal Vibration Reduction (uVR). This turns all lenses into uVR lenses, and offers a 10-stop advantage.

The new D90 builds on the D80's popular in-camera editing functions. Rather than cannibalizing yet more features from Capture NX, Nikon decided to include a full working version of Photoshop CS3 in the D90.

The new D90 does away with built-in songs, and includes a fully-fledged iPod. This ensures you're never short of a tune, as long as you have your D90 with you. And it's switched on. And you've uploaded some songs to it.

They've not only included stereo speakers in the camera itself, but also the necessary cabling for a full Dolby 5.1 surround sound setup. What's more, the D90 is capable of playing movies on the 3 inch LCD via the built-in DVD writer/player found in the second optional battery grip (MB-D90b).

In addition to the regular scene modes, Nikon have included several artistic-effect modes. You can apply these to your image in-camera. Modes include...

Black and white mode

1960s-style fast-film grain mode

Nikon long-banding effect mode

Canon plastic skin mode

KM7D high ISO smearing mode

Sony Alpha 1.3-stop underexposure mode

Point and shoot artefact mode

One of the complaints about the ML-L3 wireless remote, was that it was line-of-site. For some reason, you couldn't set up your camera in Texas, and trigger the shutter from France. To answer these complaints, Nikon has put a series of satellites in orbit that are dedicated to receiving wireless remote signals from users anywhere on the planet. These are then forwarded to your camera, allowing you to trigger the shutter no matter where you are.

More of the features here:

http://yourphotoarchive.com/laugh.htm

:thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Good day! :rolleyes:

Im planning to buy a Digital SLR for the 1st time. As of now, may Canon point and shoot ako ngayon. Medyo nagloloko na at naghahanap na yata ng kapalit. I want to buy an SLR. Sabi ng mga advisers ko ,kuno, mas maganda ikuha ng pictures ang SLR.

From what I read, maganda ang reviews ng Canon Rebel XT at Nikon D40. Do you guys have an opinion about these two brands? - ease of use, quality of the camera, after sales service.

Ano po ba ang usual life span ng mga DSLR ngayon?

May idea po ba kayo kung magkano ang Nikon D40 and/or Canon Rebel XT ngayon?

Thanks for the inputs and more power to everyone! :D

D40 is around 21K sa Hidalgo Quiapo, store warranty. 23K kung gusto mo ng warranty from the local Nikon distributor. As of the ease of use, may AUTO naman ang mga nabanggit mong cam so you can use it as a point and shoot and just venture into other modes as you get more comfortable with your camera. Rated at 50K shutter actuations ang D40 so malamang, mauuna ang urge to upgrade kesa ang pagbigay ng shutter.

Sir RustyXIII, thanks for the info. Will go to Hidalgo to take a look at the D40 and rebel para malaman kung maganda nga fit sa kamay ko ng camera. :thumbsupsmiley: