Digital Cameras

im very happy with my canon s2. bought it for 36K and another 3K for the 512 sd card. it already paid for itself... used in in 3 major projects... and believe it or not 2 of the 3 projects were video projects! WOW!

makes me wonder if my life had been easier (and more productive) if i got a video cam instead???

PS. steves digicam review helped me a lot in deciding. its difficult for me to be fiddling with several camera models before buying. so i went to megamall with the camera model in mind.

I agree, here in the Philippines, its very difficult to try a certain hardware in mind. So you have to rely on reviews. Once you buy a particular model, its definitely a "NO EXCHANGE" basis. Not like in the US, if ur not satisfied with the product, you can always say to them that you dont like it.

i have a canon s2 which i bought last Dec (and kasi we have a videocam na) because i told myself, i couldn't yet handle my then dream cam... the eos 350D

pero ngayon super crush ko talaga ang eos 400D... nag-iisip na ako kung san ako pede magnakaw... and goshness, add P13k for basic studio lighting and i'd be happy as a lark na am sure!

question lang po....

I have an SLR olympus camera with additional zoom lens.

Can I use my SLR zoom lens to an Olympus/Other Brand DSLR camera?

If not, is there any place where I can trade-in my old SLR for a new

DSLR camera with additional money? Can any shops in Hidalgo offer this?

tnx...

im very happy with my canon s2. bought it for 36K and another 3K for the 512 sd card. it already paid for itself... used in in 3 major projects... and believe it or not 2 of the 3 projects were video projects! WOW!

makes me wonder if my life had been easier (and more productive) if i got a video cam instead???

Hi just want to ask, are you saying that you used your canon S2 IS as a video cam to capture videos?, though I know that it has a capability of capturing videos, are the quality of the video the same compared to using the real video cam?

3K for a 512 sd card? i think thats too expensive as you can get a 1GB for 2k... correct me if i'm wrong...

:cool:

Hi just want to ask, are you saying that you used your canon S2 IS as a video cam to capture videos?, though I know that it has a capability of capturing videos, are the quality of the video the same compared to using the real video cam?

3K for a 512 sd card? i think thats too expensive as you can get a 1GB for 2k... correct me if i'm wrong...

:cool:

I'm actually more shocked at the price of the Canon S2...My dad just got an S3 for 28K, waaaay cheaper than the 36K mentioned for the S2.

Right now, I'm actually wishing I never bought a DSLR... everything about it so damn expensive! An external flash costs anywhere from 12.5k to 24k...a good walk-around lens (like the Sigma 24-70 2.8) is around 25k. Lately I've been drooling over a super wide angle lens... the EF-S 10-22, but its somewhere in the vicinity of 35K---nearly as expensive as a new DSLR. haaay. :wacko:

question lang po....

I have an SLR olympus camera with additional zoom lens.

Can I use my SLR zoom lens to an Olympus/Other Brand DSLR camera?

If not, is there any place where I can trade-in my old SLR for a new

DSLR camera with additional money? Can any shops in Hidalgo offer this?

tnx...

Sadly, no. Olympus digital SLRs use the newer Four/Thirds system of lenses, which are incompatible with their film cameras. As a general rule, most camera companies make lenses that are only compatible with their own. The exception being Sony as nearly all the older Konica-Minolta film lenses are compatible with their new DSLR (not surprising since Sony bought KM's SLR technology).

There are several 3rd party lens manufacturers who make lenses for different camera bodies (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina), but these are still incompatible between cameras (a Sigma lens made for a Nikon camera cannot be used on a Canon).

i have sony dsc w7 7.2mp 365 dollars and i just bought canon eos rebel xt 8.2mp with 17-55mm and 70-300mm lense all in at 1,895 dollars. (2 GB compact flash, extra battery, UV filter made in RP, trigger hand grip, camera bag)

post-42958-1157057952.jpg

Edited by juicer
i have a canon s2 which i bought last Dec (and kasi we have a videocam na) because i told myself, i couldn't yet handle my then dream cam... the eos 350D

pero ngayon super crush ko talaga ang eos 400D... nag-iisip na ako kung san ako pede magnakaw... and goshness, add P13k for basic studio lighting and i'd be happy as a lark na am sure!

Is the EOS 400D out yet? I only saw it in a website. I went to Canon Philippines and asked...

Funny, I was just about to ask them and they knew what I was about to ask and told me... no, the 400D isnt out yet. hehehe

Sadly, no. Olympus digital SLRs use the newer Four/Thirds system of lenses, which are incompatible with their film cameras. As a general rule, most camera companies make lenses that are only compatible with their own. The exception being Sony as nearly all the older Konica-Minolta film lenses are compatible with their new DSLR (not surprising since Sony bought KM's SLR technology).

There are several 3rd party lens manufacturers who make lenses for different camera bodies (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina), but these are still incompatible between cameras (a Sigma lens made for a Nikon camera cannot be used on a Canon).

Thanks for the info...

this is what I am afraid of, because sadly I had 1 zoom lens and 1 standard lens for my old SLR camera

Guess I just have to trade them if I wanted to upgrade to a digital SLR camera..

i noticed some cellphones now have a 3.2 megapixels. grabe e ung cam ko 4 MP na yun. grabe.. technology nowadays. bought a 4MP cam because some people suggested na for party cams.. pwede na ang 4MP while 5MP and above is for professional/hobbyists na.

di pareho ang picture quality ng 3.1 mp camphone and 3.1 mp na dedicated digicam.. makita mo pa din talaga difference nyan.. maganda lang ang camphone pag maganda lighting..

marami pa din features na meron ang digicam.. like flash, optical zoom, autofocus, image stability, runs on AA batteries, night mode, red eye reduction, auto timer, iso settings, macro, infinity etc..

galing ako hidalgo..

yung nakita ko sony cybershot t10 is around 17-18k daw

pero eto kase nga nailista ko.. from Henry's and Mayers shop (back of SM)

Canon Powershots:

A630 - 16.5k

A640 - 18.3k

a420 - 7k

a540 - 11k

totoo bang obsolete na yung A620, called 5 shops sa hidalgo at out of stock na sila lahat...