Digital Cameras

Does anyone know any Nikon repair centers here in Manila? I was using my Nikon Coolpix during a vacation trip, got a low batt warning, when I replaced it with freshly charged ones it won't turn on anymore. I know it's not the battery because I've tried both freshly charged ones and newly bought AA batteries.

debonaire,

as indicated above, call the following in quiapo....

henry's 733.7723

mayer 733.7598

avenue 733.5474

I took the MRT to the MRT 4? is it? got off at the last station and took a pedicab, it was a great adventure for me who never gets over there...

call watsons also at 7342978

Heard that Quiapo is a good place to get digicams...  Would you guys recommend a getting from there?

Since I'm from the South (Alabang)... I wanna make sure my trip is worthwhile... any help steering me to the right direction would be greatly appreciated... B)

never, never...bring a car.

take the lrt from any safe station like vito cruz, edsa or buendia going to monumento go down on carriedo station. take the link-up bridge to isetann department store then exit the store to the adjacent sm quiapo. exit at the other side of sm quiapo and you will find a street with hawkers. there you will immediately see watsons at the corner. the other stores are just nearby.

remember to bring just enough dough and be wary of pickpockets.

Edited by ATONG ANG

or you can just go to the BPI Express teller across from SM near Watsons, etc.. so you don't carry the cash with you too far...

I had the camera in my pocket and had them wrap the box in newspaper to be more inconspicous...

I bought from Watsons, but honestly Mayer's around the corner I think has really good deals,

cheap memory cards here too guys... Quiapo's great...

Thanks for the help so far guys!!  Really appreciate your feedback... As I am too lazy to backread.. he he! Got a few more questions...  Do these cameras from Quiapo carry warranties with them?  And what shop is the best to deal with?

for the most part, cameras from quiapo do, you might need to rail them for written assurances but i personally had my camera looked at from canon, (had a question on why my orange light was so dim, normal lang daw) and they took it in and evaluated it for me, no questions asked on warranties etc.

(ask for an OR)

Edited by ElRey

Thanks again ElRey :cool:

These cameras are brand new right? He he! I just don't wanna waste my time coming all the way from Alabang end up being "TALO"! he he!

for the most part, cameras from quiapo do, you might need to rail them for written assurances but i personally had my camera looked at from canon, (had a question on why my orange light was so dim, normal lang daw) and they took it in and evaluated it for me, no questions asked on warranties etc.

(ask for an OR)

henry's and watson's are among the friendliest and lowest.  ask for warranty receipt.

Watson's philip is more accomodating and easy to converse with...mas mabilis kausap, while si Ramon of Meyer , kupal iyon ! mahirap kausap and mayabang pa, pati kapatid sinisiraan !! i bought 3 cameras na kay PHilip pwede pa check doon, kahit 30 days ok lang sa kanya !!! Si Henry's ok din , kaya lang lagi din siyang mas mahal compare kay watsons !

Watson's philip is more accomodating and easy to converse with...mas mabilis kausap, while si Ramon of Meyer , kupal iyon ! mahirap kausap and mayabang pa, pati kapatid sinisiraan !! i bought 3 cameras na kay PHilip pwede pa check doon, kahit 30 days ok lang sa kanya !!!  Si Henry's ok din , kaya lang lagi din siyang mas mahal compare kay watsons !

henry's is very knowledgeable and honest about the stuffs he sells. if a certain model has disadvantages, they'll lay it out and let you decide. you are correct, watson's is more cheaper. this might be because they have more generic brands to choose from. this is the case with their memory cards.

My friend is choosing between W7 , T7 , or IXUS 7 , between the three cameras ano kaya verdict ninyo?

If this is more about the looks & style of the camera & your friend wants the whoa factor when pulling out the camera then get the Sony T7 trust me he will get alot of attention. However he needs to be happy that night shooting is not good, im talking only close snaps not those large group shooting. Basically day shoots are the only time when this camera excels.

Im a Canon fan of course so this would be a little bias, but you cant go wrong on either the IXUS 750 or W7. Again it will all come down to style either your friend likes the looks of the 750 or W7, for me i like the 750 style better. The Sony is abit boxy, thicker & bigger plus it uses two AA NHM cells which i dont really like hence making the camera bigger. Both share the same 2.5" screen & 115k pixels...

Image wise the 750 is be better coz its the updated model of the IXUS 700 i own and read they got rid the purple fringing and the erratic behaviour of the focusing. But reading of the W7 it has some focus problems & soft pictures too over-processed pictures...

Plus if your getting a Sony their memory sticks are expensive even if its a 3rd party brand. However if your friend is printing no bigger than normal photo album prints than you cant go wrong with either since both pack 7MP...