Linux Anybody?

anyone of you guys tried or experience eDirectory of Novell?

Pwede din ba ito sa SuSe and other linux distro?

sarap kasing integrate ung windows workstation dun sa Novell para substitute sa AD ng windows.

though ok din ung Samba para integrate sa AD.

Also meron ba sa inyo nag aaral para sa NCLA 10? balak ko kasi kumuha ng cert na ito since mahal ung NCLP / RHCT.

also need to specialize sa isang distro pra dun nalang mag concentrate.

Edited by kelvin
Guest Leviticus
@ Leviticus

question sir, bakit ginamit nyo ung openSuSe para sa mga server side nyo? I believe meron namang SuSe Enterprise 10 sp2 na pwede namang gamitin for free tapos if your company decided to buy the product activate lang ung support. Also ung update ng Ent SuSe 10, pwede i point sa opensuse. I already tried sa office namin and it works like a charm.

hehe.. allergic na ako sa mga linux "enterprise" na yan. bad experience I had while working as an IT supervisor in makati. hay.. dows wer d dayz.

kumuha ang company ng RedHat enterprise 4. ayun.. support meron. grabe sa sakit ng ulo ang support na yan. simpleng tape drive hindi nila mapagana, laking gastos pa namin sa tape drive na yun. in the end ay bumili na lang ako ng 160 gb sata drive pang-backup :thumbsdownsmiley: after 2 months of self-study I almost had that darn tape drive running, kaya lang nagresign na ako sa company :rolleyes:

oh btw.. sa FEDORA ko pa napagana ang tape drive and not on that darn redhat enterprise; eh we all know that fedora is the beta for redhat di ba? muntik nang fedora ako hanggang ngayon; that is until I experienced suse 10.1 :D

@ itikbitik

Sir, how can i add DLL manually via wine? may software kasi ung company namin na ayaw gumana dahil ung DLL eh hindi makita ng wine. infragistics na DLL ung hindi makita to be exact since sa dotnet gawa ung Software. Wala kasi akong makitang guide sa net. hope you could enlighten me.

The thing with wine is it is a hit or miss. hehehe what distro are you using? I use ubuntu for my desktop so if you go to applications > wine > configure wine

it would give you a library tab from there you might find the missing library and all you need is to add. Again it's a hit or miss but so far most .net developed stuff that I have encountered were a pain to configure. if you can give us the dll it is looking for then we might be able to find a way. Post more details.

Edited by itikbitik
anyone of you guys tried or experience eDirectory of Novell?

Pwede din ba ito sa SuSe and other linux distro?

sarap kasing integrate ung windows workstation dun sa Novell para substitute sa AD ng windows.

though ok din ung Samba para integrate sa AD.

Also meron ba sa inyo nag aaral para sa NCLA 10? balak ko kasi kumuha ng cert na ito since mahal ung NCLP / RHCT.

also need to specialize sa isang distro pra dun nalang mag concentrate.

Do research on MARS-NWE for a Netware emulator for linux. I got it to work a couple of years back. It was a thin client solution where we have a floppy boot then on to MARS server then on to terminal services. It was not a very elegant solution since we had to specify the mac on the boot disk. And it is not a very conventional use of netware. I can't remember the details of why we did that hehehe. We had to edit the image file with the mac before we write the image in to the floppy. I wish I can give you more documentation if I can just backdoor to my previous company's pub folder hehehehe. The procedures were documented in my previous work. It was a pain in the @$$ to configure. Took me a month of trial and error to get it to work.

I would still go with a SAMBA solution for an AD integration.

Edited by itikbitik
musta mga linux addict. nga pala ilang araw na lang makakbili na ako ng 1tb. wehehe mababack up ko na laptop ko. then migrate sa linux ulit. para hindi nagagalaw sa office. t** minsan pag dating ko sa opis pati ung indian na cleaner pinakekelaman laptop ko. tapos ehto may virus nanaman. miss ko na si ubuntu. wehehe. papalagyan ko ng linux squid ang company namin. daming nag uubos ng oras sa pagchat. at kung ano ano. sarap iblock ang ibang application. pag nagkaoras gawin ko talaga un.

Make that Squid+DansGuardian, makes one helluva dynamic content filter :thumbsupsmiley:

Smartasses will be scratching their butts =)

question po sa mga experts..gamit ko now is Maryan Linux ung E17 na ubuntu..installed all my neede apps and also tweaked the settings to my satisfaction..how do I install the exact image on my other pc? meaning w/o going thru the hassle of installing the base OS and then adding the apps and configuring everything..pwede ba gumawa ng live cd install based sa present system ko and how?

another question is, i've installed empathy and gyache for my im voice and video calls but so far ayaw gumana..wala akong options na nakikita sa gui for voice and video calls..any suggestions?

thank you in advance masters..

question po sa mga experts..gamit ko now is Maryan Linux ung E17 na ubuntu..installed all my neede apps and also tweaked the settings to my satisfaction..how do I install the exact image on my other pc? meaning w/o going thru the hassle of installing the base OS and then adding the apps and configuring everything..pwede ba gumawa ng live cd install based sa present system ko and how?

another question is, i've installed empathy and gyache for my im voice and video calls but so far ayaw gumana..wala akong options na nakikita sa gui for voice and video calls..any suggestions?

In theory you can

http://selfimage.excelcia.org/

create an image of the HDD then burn the image in DVD

use thumb drive or external hdd for storage which you can mount once dvd is booted.

Or ubuntu has a bootable thumbdrive option which I think is better.

There are lots of different ways of accomplishing this, can't say what's the best ... same with a lot of other things in Linux, it's just a matter of personal preference.

You might wanna check out Clonezilla (http://clonezilla.org/)

Personally, I've used dd before.

Guest Leviticus
ano na balita sa new version ng ubuntu?and compatible ba sa google chrome?

may google chrome for linux na? or idadaan sa crossover? so far nababasa ko pa lang ay wala pa according sa google mismo. still waiting though..

Guest Leviticus

the saga continues.

I spent today working in the office, on the server. as an after thought I opened up the desktop of one of the screaming fags. no problems encountered, everything running fine. just now as I'm sitting at home I got an email with matching screenshots.

apparently the fag was complaining that his linux unit was slow and is requesting for windows. I replied how is it slow when I spent the whole day working on it without any hiccups? I got no reply answer.

I looked at the screenshots sent and I started laughing. he was trying to install realplayer! engot.. I don't know what the realplayer is for in relation to the job. oh.. it was realplayer for windows that was being installed.

:upside:

Edited by Leviticus
the saga continues.

I spent today working in the office, on the server. as an after thought I opened up the desktop of one of the screaming fags. no problems encountered, everything running fine. just now as I'm sitting at home I got an email with matching screenshots.

apparently the fag was complaining that his linux unit was slow and is requesting for windows. I replied how is it slow when I spent the whole day working on it without any hiccups? I got no reply answer.

I looked at the screenshots sent and I started laughing. he was trying to install realplayer! engot.. I don't know what the realplayer is for in relation to the job. oh.. it was realplayer for windows that was being installed.

:upside:

hahaha manigas sila. install mo real player saka configure mo real player to use a single UDP port tapos block mo yung port hehehe

hanap na ako ng new linux. install ko sa laptop ko. cguro naman after a year may linux na kayang mag offer ng complete driver sa laptop ko.

any suggestions na new linux os dyan

Anong model Laptop mo? Ubuntu supports most. I have it running well in my DELL M1730, Lenovo T61, and Alienware Area-15 M15x with minimal tweak.

• 4 weeks later...