Linux Anybody?

Maybe the module the methods you use in 2.6.8 has an updated version. If I'm correct, you can try to make a sym link of the old version to the new version.

If the method is deprecated, there must be a new method that sure replace the deprecated ones. Sana makatulong.  :cool:

I have no idea. I am new to module programing, and kernel hacking. However, the driver must work for fresh installs without workarounds since it will be packaged software. So... must stick with stock kernels.

YUM is actually Yellow Dog Update Manager... synaptic can also manage yum repositories as well as Debian / Apt.. Have you tried Dag's Yum repositories for CentOS? Great for software that isn't on the CentOS update sites or on the CDs..

What device driver are you trying to compile?

Yup.

Device driver for a 16-channel DVR card. Ok na gumana na sya sa FC 3. Happy na ako. Hihi :)

Guest Leviticus

Where do you get linux distribution OS? Aside from the internet of course...

Can you guys recommend some shops or centers?

Interested ako sa copy ng Fedora or RH 9

hello.. peeps..

naka post na me before din dito.. nice to know..

buhay pa pala tong thread ng linux..

nag install ako ng linux.. ubuntu flavor...

namigay kasi yung opismeyt ko.. ng livecd at installer cd..

balik sqaure 1 ulit ako.. pero.. read a lot..

sana share naman kayo mga tips.. about linux..

gnome nga lang yung GUI ng Ubuntu..

although may KDE din daw yun kaso di ko lam pag install... :P

Hindi ah! I was using a PC from my crib, hehehe  :lol:

Ang tatanda nyo na! Naabutan ko pa naman yung dos. I was so happy when we installed window 3.1 using diskettes. You go to the dos prompt and type "win" to launch the graphical windows. Ngek!

I've used linux since 1sy year college. I just graduated from college. Do the math :D

Mga veterans na kayo! Oldies... oldies... oldies... :P :P

Ang tatanda nyo na! Naabutan ko pa naman yung dos. I was so happy when we installed window 3.1 using diskettes. You go to the dos prompt and type "win" to launch the graphical windows. Ngek!

I've used linux since 1sy year college. I just graduated from college. Do the math  :D

Mga veterans na kayo! Oldies... oldies... oldies...  :P  :P

buti nga di mo naabutan yung pag nagsasave daw ng data.. sa tape daw nilalagay..

di pa raw uso diskette nun sabi ng boss ko eh.. :lol:

I've used linux since 1sy year college. I just graduated from college. Do the math  :D

Mga veterans na kayo! Oldies... oldies... oldies...  :P  :P

I remember windows 2.0. Black and white only. Parang Apple Lisa..

Cha, we're like wine... we get better with age. hehehe :evil: :D