since Beers around the world naman to, I'll just list the ones I tried outside the Phils :

Asahi --- ok lng, does not make much of an impression

Tsingtao --- malaking bote, not too big on my rating

Singha --- i like. i really like.

Leo --- kung wlang Singha

Chang --- I will murder the next guy who gives me a bottle of this piss.

SMB-Thai --- medyo iba ang lasa

SMB-HK --- medyo iba rin ang lasa

meron pang isa na di ko ma pronouce kasi chinese eh... pero bland ung lasa nun

Amstel --- quite good

Kronenburg --- also good

Amsterdam --- a Dutch lady friend told me that this is actually brewed somewhere in the south and sold to farmers who like to get drunk quickly. 11.5% alcohol by vol.

Carlsberg --- not too bad.

Heineken --- my personal fave among the euro beers

Guiness Stout --- ahhh, bold dark lager with a load of bitters

Budweiser --- common

Coors --- am not impressed

Corona --- this one I like. 2 friends of mine a Texan and a Mexican actually were praising this beer, so I just had to try, and I'm glad I did.

Miller --- OK lng.

St. George --- Ethipia's national beer. It's actually good. I always drink one when I pass by.

Mutzig --- My usual local drink. It's got some fizz

Primus --- malty aftertaste

Ngok --- kung walang mutzig

Turbo King --- parang ihi na nilagyan ng bubblegum flavor. drink it very very cold, so that your taste buds will be momentarily numb and not actually taste it.

My local favorite : CERVEZA NEGRA OOhhh yeah... ang sarap talaga.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Germany - too bad you didn't get around too much. Some of teh best beer in the workld is here - but only if it's fresh from the brewery. When bottled it loses a lot of its character. Kolsch - a very light beer is best consumed in its hometown of Cologne (Koln). Sat in a beerhouse drinking one night - you sit at communcal tables, and they serve it in small glasses. No need to ask for a refill - as soon as your glass is empty it's whisked away and replaced by another. Easy to get drunk that way - believe me, I know first hand. specool.gif

USA - the commercial beers are generally terrible. Beck's is a German import. Not that it's any better. Of the commercially available beers, Sam Adams is perhaps the best. Closely follwed by Henry Weinhardt's. Some others are coming on the scene but they'r not widespread yet.

For local beers, Anchor Steam in San Francisco is awesomely good. Buffalo Bill's in Hayward is a great neighborhood microbrewery. Jack's in Fremont is a close third, IMHO. Red Hook in Washington state is better than the commercial stuff but not as good as the local microbrews.

There IS good beer here in the US, but it's not to be found in Safeway, Albertson's, or a local liquor store. You gotta go to the source - small production, careful quality control, the personal touch n brewing.

Italy and France - next time, try Stella Artois and let me know what you think of this stuff.

Stella Artois is a Belgian Beer,

If you want a good french lager it's Kronenbourg

If you want a good Italan lager it's Peroni.

Germany - too bad you didn't get around too much. Some of teh best beer in the workld is here - but only if it's fresh from the brewery. When bottled it loses a lot of its character. Kolsch - a very light beer is best consumed in its hometown of Cologne (Koln). Sat in a beerhouse drinking one night - you sit at communcal tables, and they serve it in small glasses. No need to ask for a refill - as soon as your glass is empty it's whisked away and replaced by another. Easy to get drunk that way - believe me, I know first hand. specool.gif

USA - the commercial beers are generally terrible. Beck's is a German import. Not that it's any better. Of the commercially available beers, Sam Adams is perhaps the best. Closely follwed by Henry Weinhardt's. Some others are coming on the scene but they'r not widespread yet.

For local beers, Anchor Steam in San Francisco is awesomely good. Buffalo Bill's in Hayward is a great neighborhood microbrewery. Jack's in Fremont is a close third, IMHO. Red Hook in Washington state is better than the commercial stuff but not as good as the local microbrews.

There IS good beer here in the US, but it's not to be found in Safeway, Albertson's, or a local liquor store. You gotta go to the source - small production, careful quality control, the personal touch n brewing.

Italy and France - next time, try Stella Artois and let me know what you think of this stuff.

Stella Artois is a Belgian Beer,

If you want a good french lager it's Kronenbourg

If you want a good Italan lager it's Peroni.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...