Which Internet Service Provider Do You Prefer?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

I was just wondering, maybe this thread could help everybody in choosing our internet service provider or our next. Ive been reading a few reviews here and there and most of the time people are ranting about the crappy service. if there is anything good in your connection please do tell. here are a few questions:

1. What is your ISP(internet service provider)?

2. What is your bandwidth?

3. How much are you paying monthly?

4. Are you really getting the bandwidth you are paying for?

5. Are you experiencing any problems with your connection?

6. Are you satisfied with the service?

7. If you are satisfied please tell why.

8. Would you stick to your internet connection now or change to another ISP? Which ISP would it be?

of course i have to answer first hehehe...

1. Im using smart bro

2. 386kbps i think..

3. im paying P989/month

4. nope... other people are paying for the same price and has a better connection

5. its reliable... always connected... but the problem is its just slow...

6. nope... if i had to call 6727277 its either i have to wait so long or they'll just hang up... but there are times that the call pushes through

7. the only thing that keeps me satisfied is im always connected... i dont get disconnected like a few of my friends... but they get good speeds thats the trade off...

8. im not satisfied and i want to change to pldt dsl... once PLDT is available in my area i would definitely convert! but... no pldt dsl yet ive been applying for a year now...:(

Ito naman ang sa'kin...

1. What is your ISP(internet service provider)?

A. Unfortunately, smartbro den. <_<

2. What is your bandwidth?

A. 384 kbps. :blink:

3. How much are you paying monthly?

A. 999 :wacko:

4. Are you really getting the bandwidth you are paying for?

A. No, according sa Download Speed Test ko ay 332 kbps or 41 kb/s. :cry:

5. Are you experiencing any problems with your connection?

A. Minsan may bagyo ay disconnected ako for 5 days. :angry:

6. Are you satisfied with the service?

A. Hell No. Ang style ng Customer Serviceresponse ay "Passing The Buck". You will be given a "Report Number" after another. A representative will promise you a "24 Hour Waiting Time and Call Back" for an update on a technical support, I always end up calling back after 3 F#C%iNG Days. Anoher thing is I hate their false advertisement sa Outlook E-mail Support, I was informed by a couple of smartbro tech support guys na, smartbro does not support Outlook e-mail. :grr:

7. If you are satisfied please tell why.

A. One more time... Hell No. -_-

8. Would you stick to your internet connection now or change to another ISP? Which ISP would it be?

A. I have to suck it up for the meantime, 12 Months Contract kase. I will definitely change to anoher ISP after my contract, any reomendations? :huh:

I miss my Satellite Dish/Cable Connection when I was abroad. :thumbsupsmiley:

kung magpapalit ka abangan mo na lang yung globe or yung happy communications... mag launch daw sila ng wimax this year... pero sana ok parin pricing... mukhang malalampaso ang smart bro kasi wireless so hindi dependent sa hard lines... pero meron din nagsabi ang PLDT mag palit ng dsl wires to fiber optic cables diretso sa bahay kaso di naman magiging available samin yun kasi wala din dsl availability samin... badtrip noh... kaya abang na lang mag launch ng wimax...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

1. What is your ISP(internet service provider)? Globe

2. What is your bandwidth? 512k

3. How much are you paying monthly? 1.2k+

4. Are you really getting the bandwidth you are paying for? there is no such thing

5. Are you experiencing any problems with your connection? yes, its not getting any faster when i want it

6. Are you satisfied with the service? yes

7. If you are satisfied please tell why. i have no other option

8. Would you stick to your internet connection now or change to another ISP? Which ISP would it be? see Q#7

I use PLDT MyDSL

768kbps is the maximum I got when I started with the service and now that rarely happens :thumbsdownsmiley: I usally get 384-512 kbps. But its gets me on the internet most of the time so really can't complain.

I just hope it stays that way. Ayoko na tawagan uli "customer service" nila to report a problem, that was a very bad experience and a waste of time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think each ISP has its own downside, depending on the area.. mine I use smartbro for 2 yrs now wla nman hassle.. My friend/ former college classmate tells me the manager of their Backbone lives near the area (sna till now di cya lumipat ng bahay) kaya lagot tlga sila pg ngkaron ng downtime outside their maintenance window. All wireless internet kahit anong ISP pa yan basta umuulan has bad connection, the rain droplets affects the LOS, adds noise to transmission. Iba pa rin pg wired connection tlga kaso olats tlga service ng PLDT, hope Globe's service team is good though haven't tried it yet. B)

• 3 months later...

1. What is your ISP(internet service provider)? VIRGIN MEDIA

2. What is your bandwidth? 10 MB

3. How much are you paying monthly? £5 = 450 PESOS

4. Are you really getting the bandwidth you are paying for? YUP

5. Are you experiencing any problems with your connection? NONE

6. Are you satisfied with the service? YES

7. If you are satisfied please tell why. SPEED

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...