Do You Let Your Partner Read Your Text Messages?

this is always a problem for me, i hate the idea that my cellphone, email and facebook is open to her access. she says that it builds trust and if there's nothing to hide, it shouldn't bother me. i have nothing to hide but it still bothers me. it's like my personal space is invaded. it's like sharing a toothbrush. it's just not healthy.

i dont mind at all.

from time to time she asks for my fone, reads the messages or look into my pics or play games, sometimes she just borrows it to take snaps of herself.

minsan nababasa niya messages ng mga kaibigan kong babae. some theras messages. some angels from club. she just giggles and makes biro to me. shes not the jealous type. but pag nagselos grabe so id rather let her read and browse my fone over and over kaysa mag duda pa.

• 5 weeks later...

if it is my future wife that will be yes, its better to be faithful iwas sa sakit sa ulo.

kong girlfriend ko eh depende but mostly i let them be wala naman siyang mapapala sa cellphone ko stick to one at a time ako its better that way walang sakit sa ulo at kong may mag txt na iba at mag seselos tell her directly the truth kong wala ka namang ginagawang milagro eh di ka matatakot ^_^

I'm not the type who'd sneak up on my significant other's phone and read his text messages. Whats the point? I feel that its cunning and malicious and downright pathetic. If you feel like you want to know something from your partner, then just ask him.

I used to have a man who'd guard me like a hawk and read my text messages. It's irritating. And it's very childish. There was even a time when he took note of one of the numbers on my phone and called. (And no, I havent had any history of cheating with him. He was just born paranoid, LOL). That was the last straw. I broke off with him after a week.

P.S. I also dont get couples who share their email and FB passwords. Hahaha.

Guest nick fury

i don't since this is an invasion of privacy but if she's suspicious and she insists on checking my messages, i guess i have to let her see it.

Edited by nick fury

I'm not the type who'd sneak up on my significant other's phone and read his text messages. Whats the point? I feel that its cunning and malicious and downright pathetic. If you feel like you want to know something from your partner, then just ask him.

I used to have a man who'd guard me like a hawk and read my text messages. It's irritating. And it's very childish. There was even a time when he took note of one of the numbers on my phone and called. (And no, I havent had any history of cheating with him. He was just born paranoid, LOL). That was the last straw. I broke off with him after a week.

P.S. I also dont get couples who share their email and FB passwords. Hahaha.

I agree with you. A relationship should be built on trust and that should allow each of you his/her own private spaces. There's really no need to know everything about each other.

I think the above is part of being mature also. The more mature the partners are, the better they will be relating to each other.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had one, I won't. I learned my lesson. I used to be paranoid and clingy. I have now learned that if he does not respect my privacy, he doesnot have the right to be part of my life.

I won't read his text messages either. It's his life and one thing I learned is that if a man wants to cheat, he will cheat. No sense in guarding a mad dog. Besides, if he can't be satisfied with me, he'll never be satisfied. Boys like that are not worth my time.

• 2 weeks later...

cguro kung pareho lng.. di ako mahilig magcheck ng fone nya pero cya lagi nkasilip sa fone ko (tamang duda o cya ung guilty?).. ako kc ung tipo na tamad na tamad magbura ng msgs.. eh ung kanyang phone eh kokonti lng ung memory storage, di pa macheck logs.. so sabi ko kung gusto mu icheck phone ko, dapat ganun din sa phone mu eh twing makikita ko eh sasabihin mu kailangan mu magbura kya malinis halos ung inbox, so sabi ko magpalit cya ng fone with same features pra fair.. hehe till then nilolock ko ung fone ko (kahit wala nman tinatago for the sense of privacy lng din) :P

• 4 months later...

hmmmm sakin d nia binabasa.. which is ok for me.. (hehe) pero sya me mga pinapabasa na medyo affected na relationship namen. pero all other text nope. importante sakin i keep nia ung privacy nia para makeep ko din ung privacy ko.. i think kc nowadays pinagmumulan ng away ang gadgets esp. cellphone email etc. pero minsan i have that strong urged na tignan when he's not looking.. pero i still think na "ayaw ko naman gawin sakin to eh.. why would i do it to him"... pero depende pa din yan sa trip ng couples.. minsan me ngng bf ako gusto ko lang sa CP nia games.. hehehe