Europe On A Budget

• 4 weeks later...

one way to save money is to buy your food at local groceries...it makes you feel more like a local. in terms of accommodation, sleeper trains are a great way of traveling and saving on hotels. corail lunea of sncf (french rail company) is great. I took a 9 hour train from st gervais (near chamonix) to paris. the beds are clean and they give bottled water and a night kit.

anybody can help me where to find cheap hotels at uk? restos?i be representing the philippines again and schedule at june leaing to london, after months of adventure I am planning to stay in londo for days any reco's?

just google easyhotel if you planning on staying in central London...restos?...if your really on a tight budget..hangout ka sa Camden Lock around 5-6pm...the food will be rock bottom prices (they start at £3-5 thenafter goes down to £1 around those times)...solve ka na for dinner...breakfast?...i microwave monalang yung tira sa umaga..

• 4 weeks later...
Nice thread! Very informative! Im still backreading but I hope to get more info and tips on the Southern European destinations...Italy, Greece, Spain, etc. Will be hopping through by March next year, and Im trying to prepare waaaaayyy ahead :-D

dont plan just go wherever and have fun and be safe., tips- go to france, italy or easter europen countries they are cheaper on most of the things girls included yumyum

...we took a road trip and spent less than the usual tours =)

basepoint was germany, so got to see berlin, hamburg and frankfurt, for the kiddies, warner brothers theme park is there too, so the foresty dark germany wont be so boring for them =) as the kickoff point, it was an easy drive across borders to austria . the towns are absolutely lovely and the snow capped mountains are a photo op at every bend! the road then led us to zurich (business-y city, not much to see) and on to luzern. wow, i loved that place! a must see! a few days in this quaint town is awesome, check out chapel bridge, and take the ferry across the river to see mount pilatus! from the ferry (its very very cold, bring a jacket, or two!), its a steeper than steep funicular ride to the peak, where you are above the clouds with the black ravens and the snow! its a multiple cable car ride down and its as scenic as a hollywood movie!...from switzerland, hop on over to paris, its just a few hours and check out the usual sites. careful tho, the subways are intricate! always bring a map! btw, the louvre is closed on tuesdays. walk the river sienne and revel in the sidewalk vendors with their beautiful paintings and cross on over to notre dame. breathtaking!...oh yeah, walk the champs elyssee at night and have some cappucinno with scones, sarap! the big ferris wheel is cool too. take the subway to trocadero for the traditional eiffel tower photo op...then go down, cross the street , go up to the eiffel and kiss your loved ones!!!!! ah paris!!!!

p.s. dont forget to swing by Paris Disneyland. its great! the disney hotels are very reasonable too =) the feel of paris disney is definitely different from LA and florida. somehow its darker and abit more stylish, but disney is disney!!

having gone to florida and paris disney i would say florida is much much better in terms of rides space etc., by the way most rides i seen in paris disney are the old one from usa but i like the kodak theater though

dont plan just go wherever and have fun and be safe., tips- go to france, italy or easter europen countries they are cheaper on most of the things girls included yumyum

Did that with my Southeast Asia tour, but ended up worrying all the time about transpo and where to get things. Ahhh hassle. After ng trip, naisip ko sayang yung time. At least sana I could have organized the connecting trips beforehand para nagamit ko yung time para magliwaliw and to enjoy the places. Hope next year its different...

• 4 weeks later...
Did that with my Southeast Asia tour, but ended up worrying all the time about transpo and where to get things. Ahhh hassle. After ng trip, naisip ko sayang yung time. At least sana I could have organized the connecting trips beforehand para nagamit ko yung time para magliwaliw and to enjoy the places. Hope next year its different...

well thats the adventure yung maligaw and maghanap hehehe., but i think hindi ka mahihirapan dito very organize ang transpo system dito malayong malayo satin., so kung sanay ka bumiyahe and mamasahe satin sa manila mas madali dito all stations have maps and most have information counters that you can ask them. believe me things are very much different in south asia than here in europe.

well thats the adventure yung maligaw and maghanap hehehe., but i think hindi ka mahihirapan dito very organize ang transpo system dito malayong malayo satin., so kung sanay ka bumiyahe and mamasahe satin sa manila mas madali dito all stations have maps and most have information counters that you can ask them. believe me things are very much different in south asia than here in europe.

Thanks! Good to know that. Pero, sabi nga sa GI Joe:

"Knowing is Half the Battle!"

I havent really prepared that well yet, cause Ill be off to China in October...yun muna.

Question lang po: Is France part of Shengen deal? Coz I heard if u want to go there u get a separate visa...true or false?

Thanks! Good to know that. Pero, sabi nga sa GI Joe:

"Knowing is Half the Battle!"

I havent really prepared that well yet, cause Ill be off to China in October...yun muna.

Question lang po: Is France part of Shengen deal? Coz I heard if u want to go there u get a separate visa...true or false?

France is part of shengen...

I have business trip next month to Germany and might go take a few days off to Rome.

Any tips regarding hotels, places to see, watch, etc ?

If you have time, don't miss going to the Rhine Valley. Hiedlelberg is also a beautiful university town. If in the Munich area, Neufwenstien Castle (model of Disney Castle) is a must. Dachau concentration camp is a worthwhile trip as well though a bit depressing.

In Rome, well the Vatican is a must see. Don't miss the Vatican museum tour (Sistine Chapel). The fountains re also must see (Trevi and Piazza Navona fountains). Go to the Spanish Steps and chill out there. Watch the world go by.

I have business trip next month to Germany and might go take a few days off to Rome.

Any tips regarding hotels, places to see, watch, etc ?

Kung gusto mo cheap hotels, look for the Dominican Sisters. I think it is near the Basilica of St. Paul. The catch is that there is a curfew. Pero mura.

Summer ngayon, medyo mainit. Marami sa Roma nasa vacation houses nila. Medyo kaunti tao. Make sure sa Trevi magtapon ng pera. Effective iyon sa akin.

Don't miss the Spanish steps at ang mga tindahan. There is also a flea market every Sunday, pero inggat lang maraming hustler. Sabi nila lahat ng ninanakaw sa Rome for the week, ibinebenta sa flea market sa Linggo.

Lasty, invest in a good travel book, lalo na ngayon may sale National o kaya sa Book Fair.

Chiao and Happy Trip. Sa totoo lang, inggit ako.

:headsetsmiley:

p.s. dont forget to swing by Paris Disneyland. its great! the disney hotels are very reasonable too =) the feel of paris disney is definitely different from LA and florida. somehow its darker and abit more stylish, but disney is disney!!

Disneyland is mainly catered for the kids kya kung kasama mo pamilya mo, ok dito. Pero kung thrill and fun ang hanap mo, I would recommend Park Asterix, mas malapit siya sa Paris compare sa Disneyland and although smaller in size comparing to disney, mas marami namang exciting rides.

Its probably because I haven't been to Disney in LA for almost a decade now and never been to Florida. But last year we went to Disney in Paris and it didn't feel any different from LA. Except of course there were admittedly fewer rides, but at least there had the more "popular/classic" rides and attractions. But like you said, Disney is Disney.... my wife and I were really tired that day.... but my son never lost his enthusiasm from the time the park opened to the time they were about to close.

• 1 month later...

i think the best bet still is to connive with a Philippine Tour Organizer with extensive connections & experience in the European country you're going to. There is no over the counter solution because there are trade offs, like a cheaper hotel would mean its far from the center or places you would want to go, hence more transpo expenses. taking the public transpo will be cheaper but for personalized tours & skeds, you would want a private ride, but for a price. Food may be cheaper if you opt for sandwiches & de lata, but what is a european tour if you did'nt even get to sample their cuisine? So know what you want and talk to a trusted & affordable Tour Company.