Europe On A Budget

Thanks sa info...mukhang enjoy nga, kaya lang parang bitin ang 18days for 7 countries

—- ok na rin sa amin yun trip at least marami countries nasama sa plan bus lang naman to Go Another country 4 Hours Drive ng tour bus.nag euro train lang kami parang from France to London ata yun coz last day namin was in london Heathrow Airport to manila.concentrated yung tour sa France and Italy..european escapade ang tawag sa trip . Switzerland Lovely place too. Bitin kami sa Switzerland.
  • Like (+1) 1

—- ok na rin sa amin yun trip at least marami countries nasama sa plan bus lang naman to Go Another country 4 Hours Drive ng tour bus.nag euro train lang kami parang from France to London ata yun coz last day namin was in london Heathrow Airport to manila.concentrated yung tour sa France and Italy..european escapade ang tawag sa trip . Switzerland Lovely place too. Bitin kami sa Switzerland.

Italy pa lang gusto ko 1-2 weeks na sa dami ng papasyalan..

Italy pa lang gusto ko 1-2 weeks na sa dami ng papasyalan..

—- puede rin mag on your own trip ka pag ka ganun.sa case namin sa Italy we had Vatican Rome , Florence ,pisa, venice .ako kasi tamad mas gusto ko may plano na ko susundan sa trip packaged na all in. Euro highlights din ang isang tawag sa trip namin, then after maybe in the future puede eastern Europe naman kami pag may extra budget .

—- puede rin mag on your own trip ka pag ka ganun.sa case namin sa Italy we had Vatican Rome , Florence ,pisa, venice .ako kasi tamad mas gusto ko may plano na ko susundan sa trip packaged na all in. Euro highlights din ang isang tawag sa trip namin, then after maybe in the future puede eastern Europe naman kami pag may extra budget .

Actually nakapunta na ako sa europe - italy (florence, pisa, milan at venice), switzerland (zurich at lucerne) and germany (munich)...10 days nga lang. planning to go again to europe on 2020 for 2 weeks...may mga plano na kasing puntahan for 2019

Actually nakapunta na ako sa europe - italy (florence, pisa, milan at venice), switzerland (zurich at lucerne) and germany (munich)...10 days nga lang. planning to go again to europe on 2020 for 2 weeks...may mga plano na kasing puntahan for 2019

—yes tama enjoy lang sa life pag may tama oppurtunity habang maaari. Sarap mag travel magastos lang pero ganun talaga.

7 cities in 10 days? too packed, too rushed. you spent more time on the road. parang mas magastos at nakakahinayang kasi you barely see/enjoy the place.

You just have to plan your itinerary well. Decide where you will start and where you will leave from first. It’ll be easier to then decide where you want to stop between those 2 cities. I agree with getting a Eurail pass. Research on each destination city and places to stay and book in advance.

I prefer exploring 1 city for a few days, before I travel to the next, to make sure I don’t miss anything and at least I don’t have the feeling that I missed seeing something important after the trip.

Zurich and Geneva are lovely, very expensive though. London and Paris just a bit less expensive from my experience. I really liked Austria, Salzburg more than Vienna. Italy is of course a must see. Germany for the history but a lot of the cities that were bombed in WW2 just feel new and lack the atmosphere of the older architecture. Portugal I enjoyed and less tourists also.

My bucket list now are the Eastern European cities. Czech Republic and Croatia where my friends have been look great.

Just watch out for pickpockets, they’re everywhere.

I usually use Pacsafe bags. They can be locked and are slash proof. And I also use either an inside money pouch around my neck or waist to separate my cash and credit/atm cards.

The advice not to keep them all in one bag is very sound.

travelling anywhere is really for the memories you will bring with you. travelling fast paced o slow paced is the same lang bcoz you can never see everything in a place or city. even i have lived a great deal of my life in qc i see new things and places everyday.

the important part is your company in your traavels and the things that happen good or bad during your trip. older people would opt to travel slower pace compared to younger people. i am considered old and i do travel at a slower pace say 3 days to 5 days per city but doesnt really make much of a difference since even if i look at the picture mostly i dont remember which part of europe the picture came from after a year or 2 but yung mga kapalpakan o disgrasya naalala ko lahat to the minute details. cheers enjoy life its the only life you will have

You can save on hotel bills by scheduling your inter-city or inter-country hops by night train. You save one night hotel bill by travelling overnight.

Restaurant eating can be expensive. You can save a lot by just buying pizza slices when in Italy - the pizza slices in Rome or Milan are huge - or crepes in roadside stalls in Paris, or any such.

Bring your own water bottle. Fill them up in those ubiquitous water fountains dotting Rome or any city in Italy. That water is DRINKABLE.

If you really are tight, or really is such a tightwad, you can save on hotel bills by sleeping in SUBWAY stations, or train stations. But just be ready to be accosted by a gendarme, or if you can hack it, try sleeping in train stations with drunks or transvestites, or drunk transvestites.

Walk. Walk. Walk. Almost all sight-worthy sights in any major European city is WALKABLE. Bring thicksoled sneakers, or the ones you use for running or walking at home. You can pretend to be European by wearing those trendy chukkas or leather wingtips, but be prepared for that attack of Achilles tendonitis afterwards.

Ok to save on check-in luggage - DO NOT check in luggage. Go in the summertime. This way, all you will be bringing are shirts, walking shorts and perhaps sandals. No bulky jackets, thermals, or winter shoes. Do not buy any big souvenirs so that all you will be carrying through the airport is your hand-carry.

Use public transport - buses, trams, subways - never cabs. Learn how to read a subway map. Or learn how to use Google Walk.

Sometimes there is a free museum day. Find that out.

If you want to drink but want to save money, don't ever pretend to be trendy and drink by a roadside cafe. Buy your liqour in a grocery and drink it in your hotel room. As a corollary, the coffee is always more expensive if you drink it alfresco than if you drink it standing by the bar inside the coffeehouse. Leave your Starbucks airs and pa-porma porma here in Manila. There is no such thing there. Hindi pinapansin ang mga Starbucks sa Europe. So wag mag-ilusyon. Coffee is serious stuff out there. Drink espresso. They will snigger behind your back if you order americano.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amsterdam.you can stay south of the museumplein or near thr vondelpark area. Hotels are less expensive compared to the central canal ring area. You can reach the center easilyvwith trams. Lots of culture, history, foods, and arts. Do day trips to haarlem and lisse

Edited by arbie1808