Free Medical Advice

papable

@doc miggy- your wife hates being toxic, right? -common reason for taking up ophtha (which was my reason). :lol:

@doc rob- you lost me at normal ejection fraction :D

@witch- we are practically neighbors. unfortunately, i don't practice anymore in lieu of early retirement. pm sent. :)

@doc miggy- your wife hates being toxic, right? -common reason for taking up ophtha (which was my reason). :lol:

@doc rob- you lost me at normal ejection fraction :D

@witch- we are practically neighbors. unfortunately, i don't practice anymore in lieu of early retirement. pm sent. :)

she was actually thinking of getting into Derma...then she had a patient die on her :blink: sad but very true.yeah, i know, how could you have a patient die on you in Derma (2 words, Stevens-Johnson)..so she decided to head into Ophtha.

migs, unfortunately she'll still see patients with sj. but at least hindi siya mamamatayan. :)

i hope she doesn't get a patient who'll develop endophthalmitis. i did during a surgical mission in isabela due to poor post-op care and the patient had to have her eye enucleated. that left me really devastated.

on the side, both i and my wife (who is a derma btw) are originally from laguna (sta. cruz & los baños) and i used to practice there.

to the rest, sorry kung ot.

mga doc, question. nasanay ako mag masterbaate 3 times a week sometimes 4. dito kasi ako abroad. ngayon pinipilit kong iwasan dahil gusto ko pag dating ko sa phil. full blast sperm ko sa fiance ko. kasi planning to have a baby na.

ngayon sobrang gusto ko nang ilabas medyo maskit na din tyan ko. 3 weeks na ako hindi nag mamasterbate. hindi ba ito masama?plan ko after 3 month saka ko ilalabas ito. may tendency bang magkasakit ako and anong sakit pag hindi ko ito inilabas.

ok lang ba tong ginagawa ko or pinahihirapan ko lang ba tong sarili ko?

any sugestion para maka buo agad ng baby? how to boost sperm? etc.

thannks hoping for the reply.

mga doc, question. nasanay ako mag masterbaate 3 times a week sometimes 4. dito kasi ako abroad. ngayon pinipilit kong iwasan dahil gusto ko pag dating ko sa phil. full blast sperm ko sa fiance ko. kasi planning to have a baby na.

ngayon sobrang gusto ko nang ilabas medyo maskit na din tyan ko. 3 weeks na ako hindi nag mamasterbate. hindi ba ito masama?plan ko after 3 month saka ko ilalabas ito. may tendency bang magkasakit ako and anong sakit pag hindi ko ito inilabas.

ok lang ba tong ginagawa ko or pinahihirapan ko lang ba tong sarili ko?

any sugestion para maka buo agad ng baby? how to boost sperm? etc.

thannks hoping for the reply.

not really my specialty, IMHO, labas mo na lang muna tagal pa ng 3 months. pigil ka na lang 1 week before ka umuwi.

mga doc, nakakaramdam ako ng sakit kpg patapos na ako umihi, what do u think is the cause?

You are experiencing what is termed medically as DYSURIA, which is defined as the sensation of pain or burning on urination.

Any source of irritation or inflammation of the urinary tract, especially the bladder, prostate or urethra, can cause dysuria. Dysuria is often associated with other irritative voiding symptoms, such as urgency, frequency and nocturia, but its most common cause is urinary tract infection. Urinary stasis resulting from urethral obstruction makes BPH a very common predisposing factor for urinary tract infection. The most common cause of recurring urinary tract infection in men is chronic bacterial prostatitis. Furthermore, as men age, urinary obstruction can induce changes in bladder compliance that result in both obstructive symptoms and increased irritative symptoms, including dysuria.

Dysuria also has other causes, such as malignancies of the urinary system, especially the bladder. Urinary calculi can damage urothelium, causing inflammation and urinary discomfort. Inflammation of mucosal surfaces, including the urethra, may occur with spondyloarthropathies and other autoimmune disorders. Certain toxins and numerous pharmaceutical agents, such as cantharidin and dopamine can be uncommon sources of dysuria.

I strongly suggest that you should consult a urologist to determine the etiology and the best treatment option for you..

:mtc:

Edited by peterparker
Good day doctors,

I have a son 5 years of age... Regarding sa bird nya na parang may warts then may nana na foul odor sa kanyang brief... Hindi naman daw masakit pag hinahawakan... Ano kaya ang problem dito?

Please enlighten me doctors... Thank you and have a good day.

Is your son uncircumcised..? if he is, he may be suffering from what is termed medically as BALANITIS, which is defined as an inflammation of the foreskin and head of the penis.. the inflammation can be due to infection, harsh soaps, or failure to properly rinse soap off while bathing.

Symptoms of balanitis include :

Redness of foreskin or penis

Other rashes on the head of the penis

Foul-smelling discharge

Painful penis and foreskin

i would suggest that you should consult a urologist for proper evaluation and treatment of your son`s condition..

i have 2 questions po sa mga docs here

1) what is the best vitamins or medicine to prevent Arthritis?

2) i had an x-ray a few months back and doctor said meron akong

scoliosis and malaki na ito 48-50 degrees na po ano po ba ang

medicine needed to prevent it na lumaki pa.

Muntik na akong di maka alis nun dahil high risk na daw po ako

pero since office work lang ako pinayagan na rin ako ng company doctor

to work for them.

worried lang ako baka next time na mag apply ako di na ako makalusot

is wearing a brace helps or any medicine will do

appreciate your help or reply

thanks

just a quick question, the 'plan b' or 'morning after pill'.. is it available here in the philippines? is it over the counter or is it prescribed? if it is prescribed.. what type of doctor should one go to to have it prescribed? a gynecologist or would a general practitioner be able to prescribe it as well?

just a quick question, the 'plan b' or 'morning after pill'.. is it available here in the philippines? is it over the counter or is it prescribed? if it is prescribed.. what type of doctor should one go to to have it prescribed? a gynecologist or would a general practitioner be able to prescribe it as well?

AFAIK, morning after pill is not available in the Philippines.

I am a 59 year old male with a PSA of 5.6 and my urologist is keen to do a biopsy. How necessaary is this? and how much should it cost.

your PSA level is a bit elevated, and by itself it`s not usually an indication to do a biopsy..

but if you have symptoms that are related to your prostate, like dysuria or difficulty in urinating, pain, discharge, etc., then a biopsy is warranted..

it`s up to your urologist if he wants to proceed, but think it`s better to be safe than sorry..

I am a 59 year old male with a PSA of 5.6 and my urologist is keen to do a biopsy. How necessaary is this? and how much should it cost.

your PSA is elevated, yes.

but the sensitivity and specificity of all PSA-based screening methods are limited. There is no single test that can determine the absolute need for a biopsy. Predictors of prostate cancer, however, on biopsy, include a PSA of > 4 ng/ml, free-to-total PSA ratio, and PSA velocity. Of all these, the rapid increase in PSA is the most predictive of malignancy, and of aggressive disease.

You have to have a thorough discussion with your urologist, as mentioned.

your PSA level is a bit elevated, and by itself it`s not usually an indication to do a biopsy..

but if you have symptoms that are related to your prostate, like dysuria or difficulty in urinating, pain, discharge, etc., then a biopsy is warranted..

it`s up to your urologist if he wants to proceed, but think it`s better to be safe than sorry..

Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to keep taking my torazosin 5mg daily as a maintainence rather than take the biopsy which will probably be followed by a prostatectomy. I am fearful of the expense of such a course of action and the radical nature of the surgery.

your PSA is elevated, yes.

but the sensitivity and specificity of all PSA-based screening methods are limited. There is no single test that can determine the absolute need for a biopsy. Predictors of prostate cancer, however, on biopsy, include a PSA of > 4 ng/ml, free-to-total PSA ratio, and PSA velocity. Of all these, the rapid increase in PSA is the most predictive of malignancy, and of aggressive disease.

You have to have a thorough discussion with your urologist, as mentioned.

Thanks for the advice. If you read my reply to Peter Parker you will see where I'm at with this problem.

Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to keep taking my torazosin 5mg daily as a maintainence rather than take the biopsy which will probably be followed by a prostatectomy. I am fearful of the expense of such a course of action and the radical nature of the surgery.

most men as they age will experience some degree of enlargement of the prostate gland..

some cases can be managed medically, others will have to be treated surgically..

i would advise you to observe and watch out for symptoms related to an enlarging prostate, like difficulty in urination, pain, etc.. this could mean that your medicine is not working for you.. if this happens, surgery would be the best option..