Free Medical Advice

papable

Good day to all..nice thread you guys got here..very informative..

I have two topics I'd like to know more about....

1.Bartholin's Gland

What does it do?

What's the difference between a Bartholin's Gland Cyst and a Bartholin's Gland Abcess?

How does one get it? What is course of treatment?

How would you know it isn't cancerous esp if cancer runs in your family?

2.Cancer

What's the general laboratory test to know whether you have cancer?

Should the test be specific to a body part ?

What are the most obvious cancer symptoms?

Is vertigo a sympton of a cancer?

Is Wrist ganglion cyst also a sign of cancer?

How about erratic bowel movement, constipation that lasts for days and then followed by diarrhea, terrible pain in the abdomen (more like a stomach cramps)that make you fall to your knees, could it be a sign of gastro intestinal or colon cancer?

Thanks a lot in advance!

let me answer your queries briefly :

1. Bartholin`s gland secrete mucus to provide vaginal lubrication. A Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. A Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage to the Bartholin's ducts . If infection sets in, the result is a Bartholin's abscess.

Catheterization and surgery are the common procedures used to treat them. Histopathologic examination of an excised cyst will determine if it is malignant or not.

2. Several different lab tests may give the physician an idea if cancer may be present in a patient, screening tests as they are called, and there are screening tests used for particular types of cancer.

Roughly, cancer symptoms can be divided into three groups:

Local symptoms: unusual lumps or swelling (tumor), hemorrhage (bleeding), pain and/or ulceration. Compression of surrounding tissues may cause symptoms such as jaundice (yellowing the eyes and skin).

Symptoms of metastasis (spreading): enlarged lymph nodes, cough and hemoptysis, hepatomegaly (enlarged liver), bone pain, fracture of affected bones and neurological symptoms. Although advanced cancer may cause pain, it is often not the first symptom.

Systemic symptoms: weight loss, poor appetite, fatigue and cachexia (wasting), excessive sweating (night sweats), anemia and specific paraneoplastic phenomena, i.e. specific conditions that are due to an active cancer, such as thrombosis or hormonal changes.

vertigo and erratic bowel movement may or may not be symptoms of cancer, it will depend on other pertinent clinical findings.. as for a ganglion cyst, it is a swelling that usually occurs over the back of the hand or wrist. These are benign, fluid-filled capsules. Ganglion cysts are not cancerous, will not spread, and while they may grow in size, they will not spread to other parts of your body.

:mtc:

a friend of mine have told me that when he was masturbating, when he reaches the climax, he can feel that the juices are coming out from his tube but when checked it out, there were none.

he has done this several times and still the same result. He is in his mid 30s

hmm.. from what you have stated above, i believe your friend may be suffering from a condition called "retrograde ejaculation", which basically happens when semen, which would normally be ejaculated via the urethra, is redirected to the urinary bladder. Normally, the sphincter of the bladder contracts before ejaculation forcing the semen to exit via the urethra, the path of least pressure. When the bladder sphincter does not function properly, retrograde ejaculation may occur.

another possible condition is anejaculation, which is the pathological inability to ejaculate in males, with (orgasmic) or without (anorgasmic) orgasm. It can depend on one or more of several causes, including (ordered by frequency)':

Sexual inhibition

Pharmacological inhibition

Autonomic nervous system malfunction

i suggest that your friend should consult a urologist to find out exactly what`s wrong..

My problem is the opposite of premature ejaculation.

Even when I was young ( twenties ) I had problem ejaculating.

It took me more than half an hour before "exploding". Since the

age of 50 years I have never ejaculated during sex. Although

I can still ejaculate by masturbation it takes me about an

hour to reach climax. Sex with a woman without ejaculating at

the end ( I stop when I get tired humping) is so unsatisfying!

I have been taking 2 Endurance tablets per day since March 8

in the hope that my body could produce lots of semen.

I have hernia ( diagnosed in 1997 ). Could it be the cause of

my inability to ejaculate during sex?

is your diagnosis by any chance an indirect inguinal hernia? if so a possible scenario would be that intra-abdominal contents might have entered the scrotum and impinged on important parts, most probably the spermatic cord which is vital for testicular function..

there could be other causes of your ejaculation difficulties, so i would suggest that you consult a urologist for proper evaluation and management..

ic. kasi the doc told me to put drops for 1 week and stop. then for a week after ok siya,then recently itchy tapos misan kumikirot left and right ears.

kurtsky, i would agree with sir otitismedia, treating a fungal ear infection takes more than just 1 week. skin infections take 2 weeks at the very least. for the ear, it should have been given for 4 weeks, then a follow-up...

a hernia, might cause certain difficulties, but you would feel pain during climax, as one of my patients complained about when i was in training. also, it would not explain a long standing problem that started in your 20s. would suggest you consult with an urologist on your problem....

Years ago I read a magazine article about the

deterioration of the quality of a man's semen as he

gets older. The article stated that as a man gets older

the probability of siring a mentally or physically

handicapped child increases.

At my age (60 years) I consider it irresponsible

to make a woman pregnant so I decided some time ago

to have vasectomy.

I learned that there is a non-surgical method of

vasectomy. My question is where can I get this type

of operation? Also there is the fear that the operation

could result in my impotency if the doctor makes a

mistake. Another question: how safe is the operation?

here are some seizure precautions that your friend can follow :

Staying Safe in Daily Life

Sometimes we don’t pay much attention to the things we do every day. But common daily activities could pose a threat to people with epilepsy. In general, it’s a good idea to have medical information available in case you have a seizure when you’re not with someone who knows you have epilepsy. You can also wear a medical alert bracelet to let people know about your epilepsy in case you have a seizure.

medical alert bracelet? where does one can buy that?

hi po mga docs what are the procedures po for BIOPSY NG PROSTATE..(ngek di po ako) alangan naman po ako.. sa lalaki lang naman po yun hihihihii.....meron po kc me i assist this coming agust 11 po.tanong ko lang po ano po mga do's and don't gawin kc po nasa 21.7 na po yung prostate nya. kc po from what i saw sa PSA (prostate specific antigen) normal value would be less than 4 ng po yata.. eh grabe na po yun di over na po di ba. sabi po ng doc sa pa admit na hospital,T/C prostate CA po yun. bale to consider pa nman yun. hope wag naman humantong don.DAT (diet as tolerated) ho ba to? CXN ano po ba to? i need to more medical terms para i know naman i explain ko po yun sa pasyente.

syanga po pala, ok lang po bang di lagyan ng KY JELLY pag meron po bang rectal examination? kc sbai po kc nung patient na interview ko po nung meron po xang rectal exam ,yung urologist di po naglagay ng Ky JELLY for lubrication pero naka gloves po xa. di ba ho ba dapat gawin ng doc meron hong pang lubricate? just asking lang po .. di ba dapat meron comfort yung patient...ano ho ba dapat gagawin ng docs pag merong rectal exam to check

for the prostate gland..?

correct me if i am wrong here mga docs, idiopathic ho ba ang enlargement of prostate? dapat ho ba at the age of 40 for men to check their prostate? kc po wala po daw sign and symptoms pag umariba na daw po ang paglaki ng prostate sa lalaki.pls pakisagot po mga doc kc concern din po kc ako sa 2 brothers ko para know nila when they reach that age.. dami na kc po akong know na DEDO sa prostate cancer po.. hope you could educate me more about PROSTATE CA po.

medical alert bracelet? where does one can buy that?

i`m not quite sure if it`s a common practice here sa `Pinas, but sa States and other countries people with certain medical conditions, (i.e. diabetes, allergies, etc.) are given a medical bracelet for them to wear which will identify them as a patient with the said medical condition.. this becomes very important in the event of medical emergencies..

i`m not quite sure if it`s a common practice here sa `Pinas, but sa States and other countries people with certain medical conditions, (i.e. diabetes, allergies, etc.) are given a medical bracelet for them to wear which will identify them as a patient with the said medical condition.. this becomes very important in the event of medical emergencies..

muchas gracias! :thumbsupsmiley:

bakit po aftermaligo lagi ako kinakati.

tapos sometimes sa gabi bago matulog kumakati katawan ko .

yung type na pag kinamot mo lilipat sa ibang part ng katawan.

there are many causes of itching, i`ll post some of the more common ones :

Itching can be caused by:

Head lice, if limited to the neck and scalp.

Pubic lice, if limited to the genital area.

Body louse. Body lice can be seen in substandard living conditions.

Urticaria Urticaria (also called hives) usually causes itching.

Xerosis (dry skin). This is the most common cause, frequently seen in the winter and also associated with older age, frequent bathing in hot showers or baths, and high-temperature and low-humidity environments.

Skin conditions (such as psoriasis, eczema, sunburn, athlete's foot, hidradenitis suppurativa and many others). Most are of an inflammatory nature.

Insect bites, such as those from mosquitos or chiggers.

Allergic reaction to contact with specific chemicals

Scabies especially when several other persons in close contact also itch.

Thyroid illness.

Hyperparathyroidism.

Shaving, which may irritate the skin.

Diabetes Mellitus.

Dandruff. (An unusually large amount of flaking is associated with this sensation.)

Iron deficiency anemia.

Parasitic infections. (including but not limited to head lice, body lice, scabies, pubic lice, etc)

Psychiatric.

Medication:

Allergy - (due to reaction of an individual's immune system to certain chemical compounds)

Photodermatitis – (sun)light reacts with chemicals in the skin, leading to the formation of irritant metabolites

Directly (e.g. morphine and other opiates)

i suggest that you consult a dermatologist if the condition bothers you and interferes with your daily activities..

bakit po aftermaligo lagi ako kinakati.

tapos sometimes sa gabi bago matulog kumakati katawan ko .

yung type na pag kinamot mo lilipat sa ibang part ng katawan.

3 things:

1. Check your soap: did you change your soap recently and that the itching started after you changed soaps?

2. Do you use adequate water for rinsing?

3. Are your beddings clean?

4. Was there a change in laundry detergent used? Your skin might be reactive to it.

5. Is your skin dry especially due to cold weather? Lotions can help.

5. It could be a psychological manifestation of some anxiety you have. If all items above does not fit with your situation, then consider psychosomatic causes.

Hi All, can anyone suggest an over the counter sleeping pill that could get me to sleep for around 8-12 hours straight? I'm going on a long trip to the US and I have a hard time sleeping in the plane. I really get that uneasy feeling and hindi makahanap ng good position to make me fall asleep. preferably sana yung tipong hindi ko masyadong mararamdaman yung bumps sa akin PERO kapag kinalabit ako ng malakas or shinake ako, magigising naman ako w/o any headaches. Tipong pang temporary purpose lang and not a medication for insomnia. It doesnt matter kung hindi ako magising para kumain sa plane as long as I get to sleep during the whole flight.

thanks in advance!!!

is it true that men who had frequent sexual intercourse are less likely to have prostate cancer later in life compared to those who had less sexual intercourse?

or is it true that one of the cure for early prostate cancer detection is having frequent sexual intercourse?

we have covered this topic before.. let me just reiterate that it is the frequency of ejaculation that is thought to be related to prostate cancer risk and development..

scientific researchers say ejaculation may protect the prostate through a variety of biological mechanisms that merit further research, such as:

- Flushing out cancer-causing substances. Frequent ejaculation may help flush out retained chemical carcinogens in the prostate glands.

- Reducing tension. The release of psychological tension that accompanies ejaculation may lower nervous activity associated with stress and slow the growth of potentially cancerous cells in the prostate.

- Promoting rapid turnover of fluids. Frequent ejaculation may help prevent the development of mini-crystals that can block ducts within the prostate gland, reducing cancer risk.

Although researchers found frequent ejaculation appeared to lower the risk of developing prostate cancer, it's unclear how ejaculation may affect men destined to develop or already in the early stages of prostate cancer.

Hello just wondering if you can help my friend. Her eyes always get red even if she is not exposed to smoke or dust, or even if she gets enough sleep. she has consulted several eye doctors still, nothing works.......I was wondering if the taking supplements like "lutin or eye berry" would really help. she by the way has eye drops. I think its like artificial tears , so that her eyes wont get dried up easily, but i dont think its working....

Can anyone advice on this matter...thanks

Hello just wondering if you can help my friend. Her eyes always get red even if she is not exposed to smoke or dust, or even if she gets enough sleep. she has consulted several eye doctors still, nothing works.......I was wondering if the taking supplements like "lutin or eye berry" would really help. she by the way has eye drops. I think its like artificial tears , so that her eyes wont get dried up easily, but i dont think its working....

Also can you guys recommend a good opthamologist for my friend . preferrably in q.c.

the redness is caused by her dry eyes. the only way to stop the redness is with the use of artificial tears. my wife suffers from the same problem, and she herself is an opthalmologist!

recent studies show that large doses of vitamin c and b complex do help the eyes in improving color and depth perception, as well as delaying onset of cataracts. but eye berry and lutein found in the market contain very few amounts of the right ingredients for it to be effective. hell, your average multi-vitamin supplement has more of the right ingredients. there are better supplements on the market, example is eye-vites. ask an ophtha, unfortunately our stock is at the clinic and i am not as knowledgeable as my wife is at her field :blush:

has your friend tried the gel form of artificial tears, by the way? my wife uses it, and she only needs to use it about 2x a day. your friend might try that..... :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi All, can anyone suggest an over the counter sleeping pill that could get me to sleep for around 8-12 hours straight? I'm going on a long trip to the US and I have a hard time sleeping in the plane. I really get that uneasy feeling and hindi makahanap ng good position to make me fall asleep. preferably sana yung tipong hindi ko masyadong mararamdaman yung bumps sa akin PERO kapag kinalabit ako ng malakas or shinake ako, magigising naman ako w/o any headaches. Tipong pang temporary purpose lang and not a medication for insomnia. It doesnt matter kung hindi ako magising para kumain sa plane as long as I get to sleep during the whole flight.

thanks in advance!!!

sorry for the late reply. have you tried anti-allergy meds? this is due to their sedating side-effects, but this is much less in newer preparations. my aunt usually uses Benadryl when she couldn't sleep on the plane. have you tried that?