PacMan's Corner

menime

Paquiao will be hard pressed to knock anyone out in this weight class, he should be smart like Floyd and just outbox & outpoint his opponent for 12 rounds and not focus on a one shot k.o.

when he was boxing at the 125-135 lbs ranks he had the power / defense of a welterweight and speed of a flyweight his opponents there were true flyweight in power and defense thats why he dominated the way he did.

• 3 weeks later...

Like it or not, mayweather is doing the smart thing by avoiding paquiao.

He does'nt give in to peer or public pressure like average people regularly do.

Call him cowardly or call him gay -- he is still, for a long time now, the top draw in boxing.

BamBam Rios and Ghost Guerrero are high calibre crowd pleasing toe to toe fighters but why are they getting peanuts?

Maywether's style is working perfectly for him. So why change it?

he always gets the lion's share in terms of money by evading punches and opponents..

so why stick his neck out?

• 5 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/freddie-roach-isn-39-t-big-idea-manny-195500081--box.html

Freddie Roach Isn't Big on Idea of Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley 2

By David King January 10, 2014 2:55 PM 0 shares

COMMENTARY | It was one of the biggest upsets of 2012, when Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley was awarded with a split decision following his fight against Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev. That is, if your name is C.J Ross or Duane Ford -- the two ringside judges who turned in questionable 115-113 scorecards giving Bradley the nod. Or you had a large bet on Bradley.

For pretty much everyone else, it was one of the greatest robberies in recent boxing history. Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KOs) dominated the vast majority of the encounter, hurting Bradley (31-0-0, 12 KOs) several times. The Filipino congressman would have probably knocked Timothy out if he was a bit more aggressive during their showdown.

Even hardcore Floyd Mayweather fans -- who typically show disdain towards anything related to Pacquiao -- couldn't help but admit "Pacman" was robbed.

Still, from now until the end of time, boxing's history books will say that Timothy Bradley defeated Manny Pacquiao on June 9, 2012.

Given the obvious injustice that transpired on that fateful night, Pacquiao's fans would love to see him exact some revenge. The two weren't able to reach an agreement following their first fight, but with Pacquiao's win against Brandon Rios and Bradley's victory against Juan Manuel Marquez - who knocked Manny out cold six months after the loss to Bradley - negotiations are once again taking place.

Not every member of Team Pacquiao likes the idea of rematch against Bradley though, respected boxing trainer Freddie Roach in particular.

"I want Manny to look good in his next fight, and I think maybe Tim Bradley wants too much money. Plus I think he will run all night and make for a poor showing for Manny," Roach said during a conversation with Michael Woods. "Ruslan Provodnikov is a better fight for Manny. They are good friends though. I'm trying not to make it happen, but to be honest, it's probably the best fight for Manny. I've seen them spar many times and it is competitive."

It's hard to disagree with Roach's stance that Pacquiao vs. Provodnikov will likely be a more entertaining bout, but that doesn't necessarily make it Manny's best option. Bradley isn't exactly a household name, but the notoriety he gained with his controversial win against the Filipino statesman has already created the demand for a rematch.

It's hard to see Filipino boxing fans passing up the opportunity to watch their national hero avenge what most in the boxing community agree was a grave injustice.

There's no such storyline with Provodnikov, who isn't very popular with casual fans of the sweet science either, and he likely won't be an easier challenge for Pacquiao.

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner who has watched and studied MMA for the past 9 years. Send him your questions @davidkingwriter and check out his blog

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...

Pacman in 12.....i see Bradley, playing not to lose in the entire 12 rounds....he will probably be running the entire match... i don't see him mixing it up with manny...i will not be surprised, if it turns to be a boring match.

I think manny will be able to stun bradley in the 3rd then bradley will run for the rest of the fight

I agree with the 2 posts of 'romyg' and 'super123'

bradley will be very cautious because of pacman's speed and power. rather than risk getting floored by pacman, he will ride it out and hope for a lucky punch.

manny should be extra careful and not try too hard to KO bradley. its ok if he just wins on points.

ang totoong kalaban niya sa linggo ay......ang BIR. hehehehehe

and IRS, which, including the BIR, are just doing what the law says..............collect proper taxes even if you are a legend. Hindi na nga makasagot si Manny coz he or his accountants are on the wrong end of the law.

Pacman in 12.....i see Bradley, playing not to lose in the entire 12 rounds....he will probably be running the entire match... i don't see him mixing it up with manny...i will not be surprised, if it turns to be a boring match.

I think manny will be able to stun bradley in the 3rd then bradley will run for the rest of the fight

I agree with the 2 posts of 'romyg' and 'super123'

bradley will be very cautious because of pacman's speed and power. rather than risk getting floored by pacman, he will ride it out and hope for a lucky punch.

manny should be extra careful and not try too hard to KO bradley. its ok if he just wins on points.

ang totoong kalaban niya sa linggo ay......ang BIR. hehehehehe

May partida pa si Bradley nung una laban. May pilay yung achilles tendon nya. But Bradley was still able to cruise around and make it difficult for Pac to KO him. In the rematch, Bradley Im sure has taken notes and will fine tune his technique. Kelangan talaga may ipakitang improvement at bago sa style ni Pacquiao. Kundi, malamang dehado sya dito. Nakita na natin na talagang hirap si Pacquiao sa mga precision fighters. Ang tanong sa puntong ito ng career nya, pwede pa ba sya magimprove?

i have nothing against pacman's new religion except that its ways may not be suitable for pacman as a fighter.

nagbago talaga si pacman after he changed religion. he may have mended his way in terms of other things but the 'sting' in his boxer's arsenal lost some of the knockout power he had some years back.

May wear and tear na din si Manny. Di naman maiiwasan yun eh. He has been fighting at weight classes na masyado mabigat para sa kanya.

Isa pa sigurong problema, hindi rin masyado na-maintain ni Pacquiao disiplina para ipreserve condition ng katawan nya. Pansinin nyo mula kay Cotto, panay na ang bulakbol sa training. Syempre yung epekto ng pagbubulakbol di naman agad agad yan nakikita. Pero nung mga sumunod ng laban, talagang nakita natin yung decline sa performance ni Pacquiao. Plus nung pinatulog pa sya ni Marquez, siguradong may psychological damage yun sa kanya.

Ewan ko lang kung sa puntong ito ng career ni Manny, pwede nya pa inangat game level nya. Ang problema kasi, may malinaw na blue print na talaga kung pano tatalunin fighting style nya. Tsaka nagiba na din mentality nya. Hindi na sya full-time prize fighter ngayon.

Ang nakakabilib si Bernard Hopkins. Talagang disiplinado. Kahit new years eve, hindi nagpupuyat. Yun nga lang, madaya sa ring.

May wear and tear na din si Manny. Di naman maiiwasan yun eh. He has been fighting at weight classes na masyado mabigat para sa kanya.

Isa pa sigurong problema, hindi rin masyado na-maintain ni Pacquiao disiplina para ipreserve condition ng katawan nya. Pansinin nyo mula kay Cotto, panay na ang bulakbol sa training. Syempre yung epekto ng pagbubulakbol di naman agad agad yan nakikita. Pero nung mga sumunod ng laban, talagang nakita natin yung decline sa performance ni Pacquiao. Plus nung pinatulog pa sya ni Marquez, siguradong may psychological damage yun sa kanya.

Ewan ko lang kung sa puntong ito ng career ni Manny, pwede nya pa inangat game level nya. Ang problema kasi, may malinaw na blue print na talaga kung pano tatalunin fighting style nya. Tsaka nagiba na din mentality nya. Hindi na sya full-time prize fighter ngayon.

Ang nakakabilib si Bernard Hopkins. Talagang disiplinado. Kahit new years eve, hindi nagpupuyat. Yun nga lang, madaya sa ring.

at 49 years old xempre importante ang gulang sa isang bernard hopkins. i cant believe na na maintain nia ang skills at world class level at his age. para di ot,pacman stpps bradley round 6