PacMan's Corner

menime

dude, bakit GMA?

sorry, not been watching much TV of late.

Pacman has got... what? 3 TV shows on GMA already? Deym!

But in fairness to Pacman, even when he is not fighting, he never lets go of his conditioning. Reason he can get away with the 60 days of training. Unlike the Rick Hattons who needs to lose the excessive pounds gained in between fights before the "boxing training" begins. Miguel Cotto is also has a reputation for being a "fat boy".

pacman is around 150 or lbs right now. he doesn't need to "work-out" that much to make the weight. kaya siguro 2 months lang ang tinitignan nila. but i haven't heard or seen anything from ariza, 'yung physical trainer/nutritionist nya (?)...

baka kailangan lang inumin ihi ni marquez?!?

pacman is around 150 or lbs right now. he doesn't need to "work-out" that much to make the weight. kaya siguro 2 months lang ang tinitignan nila. but i haven't heard or seen anything from ariza, 'yung physical trainer/nutritionist nya (?)...

Ariza still sees KO win for ‘PacMan’

Unlike in his previous major fights, the key members of boxing superstar Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao—his trainer Freddie Roach and conditioning coach Alex Ariza—have a somewhat different outlook of PacMan’s coming clash with Miguel Cotto.

Ariza is still optimistic Pacquiao would still find a way to stop the Puerto Rican World Boxing Organization welterweight champion on November 14.

Ariza, who is scheduled to fly to Manila with Roach and four sparring partners sometime this week, did not say what round such a stoppage is going to take place.

Roach, on the other hand, has publicly stated that Pacquiao-Cotto is likely to go the distance. This is quite a departure to his bold knockout predictions in Pacquiao’s previous fights against David Diaz, Oscar De la Hoya and Ricky Hatton.

Those predictions proved to be self-fulfilling prophecies almost up to the exact rounds the stoppages were going to take place.

However, Roach maintains that Pacquiao, considered boxing’s best pound-for-pound, is too fast for Cotto and that advantage would carry his prized fighter to a points victory.

Although forced to make the most of a seven-week training camp, the three-time Trainer of the Year tries to sound that such time would be enough to whip Pacquiao into shape for what they admitted would be their “toughest fight.”

Roach observed that Pacquiao is tenacious in training, pushing himself to a rigorous regimen of four-hour daily training routine six days a week, with Sunday as rest day.

But then, Roach had earlier requested vainly for training camp to be set up away from the Philippines, where PacMan has a hundred and one ways to be distracted. This happened with Pacquiao’s preparation in Cebu for his rematch with Mexican lightweight star Marco Antonio Barrera.

Pacquiao rose to boxing fame with a knockout win over the heavily-favored Barrera on November 15, 2003. During their rematch four years later on October 6, 2007, PacMan trained in Cebu for that rematch, and he was not nearly as sharp in winning a unanimous decision because of distractions.

Pacquiao seems unperturbed by the fact that his Puerto Rican foe has been training for a full month even before he could officially begin training camp.

But boxing pundits believe that against a natural welterweight like Cotto, whose ring resume includes wins over elite fighters like top welterweight Shane Mosley, an under-trained Pacquiao could be in for a shock, especially if the fight goes 12 rounds.

so what kng mlaki si cotto?! ibig b sbihin nun, pnalo n xa???

si manny nkakaalam ng condition ng body nya!!!

so kng hnggang 8 weeks lng ang kya ng body, hnggang dun lng limit nya!!!

brod mga pinoy kayo, ialis nyo n ung "crab mentality!"

wla nman msama mgmayabang eh, kng mei ipagmamayabang k nman!!!!

supportahan nyo nlang!!!!

Magbasa ka ng mabuti ng maintindihan mo post ng kinoquote mo. Banat ka ng banat sablay naman. Meron siyang coach para sa conditioning ng body niya and and Lead trainer ay MAY karapatan din kung papaano itetrain ang atleta niya.

i didn't say cotto was big, i said he was a big challenge. i agree with you that only manny knows his body better than anyone, but he's starting to be a big head. the moment you start doing things your own way that's when trouble starts imo. if he was doing more than 8 weeks before and he as winning, why should he change that now against his toughest opponent yet??

don't get me wrong, im a huge pacquiao fan. i want nothing more than for him to knock out cotto. but cotto is an extremely dangerous fighter and it bothers me manny hasn't gone down the same route he did when he defeated the likes of diaz, dela hoya, hatton and the like. i wouldn't be worried if pacquiao would only train 8 weeks against a lesser opponent but that is clearly not the case.

I agree. After seeing video clips of Cotto's previous fights, I could say na masyado ko din siyang inunderestimate. Me talo tayo tayo dito. So I hope Manny and his trainer/s can patch things up & work as a team again.

Hindi pa pinaganak ang makakatalo kay manny ngayon sa punto ng career niya!

Pati si Roach ay may "crab mentality" na sa kakadikit sa mga pinoy!

Wag tayo makinig kay Roach walang alam yan! Kung hindi dahil kay manny wala si roach!

Mananalo si Manny! Ma KO niya si Cotto ng 10 secs ng Round 1 palang tapos na ang laban!

Mabuhay si Manny! Kamatayan sa mga taong may crab mentality!

Hindi kaya kung "wala si Roach wala din si Manny?" remember, Freddie Roach has been handling Big time fighters nung si Manny ay di pa kilala ng madlang people. A large part of Manny's success should be credited to his coach/training team.

i disagree with pacman training here in the philippines, there's just too many distractions...

Correct. Can't help but speculate na ang reason why he will be training here is also to honor some of his obligations to GMA 7. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Hindi kaya kung "wala si Roach wala din si Manny?" remember, Freddie Roach has been handling Big time fighters nung si Manny ay di pa kilala ng madlang people. A large part of Manny's success should be credited to his coach/training team.

Kung wala si manny wala si roach!

naging trainer of the year lang siya dahil kay manny!

tama na ang crab mentality!

hindi mo ba kaya tanngapin na kaya ng isang pilipino na maging mas mahusay pa sa isang banyaga?

masyado kana na "brain wash" ng mga banyaga! hindi mo matanggap na may angking galing si manny isang pilipino!

isa ka nang instrumento ng mga banyaga upang di magka isa ang mga pilipino!

pinagdududahan mo ang kakayahan ng kababayan mo?

Mabuhay si Manny! Mabuhay ang lahing Pilipino! Kamatayan sa mga taong may crab mentality!

Edited by federicuger

Thousand years before manny's time NOSTRODAMUS actually predicted the coming of Pacquiao!!!

"The two greatest ones of Asia and of Africa,

From the Rhine and Lower Danube they will be said to have come,

Cries, tears at Malta and the Ligurian side.

Also ...

From the depths of the West of Europe,

A young child will be born of poor people,

He who by his tongue will seduce a great troop;

His fame will increase towards the realm of the East.......!!!!!

These two verses may in fact describe the coming of pacquaio...

Cries and tears of Malta (should be interpreted as Manila) of joy....

Was the most notable bit about Pacquaio impoverished upbringing?

West of Europe actually means west of america which is asia!!A little mistake there(crytal ball is a bit blurred)

The tongue thing is i think another error which should be refer to "his fist"

Believe it, he was talking about pacquaio, and not hitler: no self-respecting prophet would make such an egregious error.

Kung wala si manny wala si roach!

naging trainer of the year lang siya dahil kay manny!

tama na ang crab mentality!

hindi mo ba kaya tanngapin na kaya ng isang pilipino na maging mas mahusay pa sa isang banyaga?

masyado kana na "brain wash" ng mga banyaga! hindi mo matanggap na may angking galing si manny isang pilipino!

isa ka nang instrumento ng mga banyaga upang di magka isa ang mga pilipino!

pinagdududahan mo ang kakayahan ng kababayan mo?

Mabuhay si Manny! Mabuhay ang lahing Pilipino! Kamatayan sa mga taong may crab mentality!

I'm a big fan of Manny. Next time before you open your mouth or before you hit the keyboard with your fingertips, try to understand/comprehend the post you are replying to before posting the same "SCRIPTED" reply over and over again.

Geez, Why am I even arguing with you, feels like arguing with a 5yo kid. senseless.

Thousand years before manny's time NOSTRODAMUS actually predicted the coming of Pacquiao!!!

Also ...

West of Europe actually means west of america which is asia!!A little mistake there(crytal ball is a bit blurred)

Believe it, he was talking about pacquaio, and not hitler: no self-respecting prophet would make such an egregious error.

Susme ikaw ba yang nasa pic mo? LAKI mo na ah! :lol:

Makinig sa mga nakakatanda at wag magpapalipas ng gutom, tingnan mo tuloy nangyari sayo. :upside:

Sa weekend pakonsulta ka agad at baka lumala yan, hinay hinay sa extra joss ha? and ang Smarties ay hindi totoong vitamins kaya tigilan mo na..

Ingat lagi hijo... :mtc:

Edited by kleptome
Susme ikaw ba yang nasa pic mo? LAKI mo na ah! :lol:

Makinig sa mga nakakatanda at wag magpapalipas ng gutom, tingnan mo tuloy nangyari sayo. :upside:

Sa weekend pakonsulta ka agad at baka lumala yan, hinay hinay sa extra joss ha? and ang Smarties ay hindi totoong vitamins kaya tigilan mo na..

Ingat lagi hijo... :mtc:

I'm a big fan of Manny. Next time before you open your mouth or before you hit the keyboard with your fingertips, try to understand/comprehend the post you are replying to before posting the same "SCRIPTED" reply over and over again.

"Geez, Why am I even arguing with you, feels like arguing with a 5yo kid. senseless." :thumbsupsmiley:

hahaha. nakakatawa naman pati si nostradamus nasama dito!

cant imagine na naniniwala ka kay nostramadus! how many prediction ba ang tumama at how many prediction ba ang mali nya?

DID HE SAID MANNY PACQUIAO on his prediction??? come on!

ang dami ng naging magaling na boxer ng pinas! baka di ka pa buhay nun...

Also ...

galing ah! pinilit lahat ke pacman ang hula. from tongue to fist, to west of Europe to America, at blurred pa ang crystal ball. bravo! lol

baka nahulaan na rin ni nostradamus kung sino mananalo bet cotto and pacman???? paki quote nga pls!!! lol