PacMan's Corner

menime

Manny the politician? hmmmmm

I have no problem with actors and athletes buying for public office. Just as long as it is for the right reasons, with the right time, and the right tools. Nung una kasing tumakbo si pacquiao, gusto nya pagsabayin ang congresso at boxing. In fact he was training while campaining and maswerte lang siya mahina kalaban nya noon. Tapos congressman ang tinatakbuhan nya which was quite an ambitious position, kahit wala naman siyang alam halos sa pag gawa ng batas at pakikidebate. And why did he choose that position? Kasi sabi ni chavit singson daw dun siya maganda ilagay. Bakit si chavit magsasabi kung anong pwesto tatakbuhan nya. Last time I checked sa ilocos balwarte ni singson hindi gen san. And when asked kung bakit ngayon nya gusto tumakbo at di pagkatapos ng boxing? "kelan pa pala ako tatakbo? pag laos na ako?" So ano yun? dahil lang pala sikat siya kaya siya tumatakbo?

Im sorry but obviously not everybody here will agree here when I say, honesty and integrity is not enough to make good leadership. It goes hand in hand with knowledge and skills they are not mutually exclusive. Kahit ba santo ka eh, makakapagpaunlad ba yan ng kinasasakupan mo? Makakapagpatayo ba ng classroom at ospital ang kabanalan mo? Makakapasa ba yan ng magandang batas?

We all should take a lesson from Vilma Santos. She was a successful actress before being the mayor of Lipa. But when she threw her hat in the political arena, what did she do? Nag-aral yung tao ng public ad. Tumigil pansamantala sa pagaartista, inaral mabuti trabaho niya, and I have to say maganda ang lipa ngayon. Sana tularan ni Pacquiao si Vilma Santos kung sakali man, at huwag kagaya ni Bong na mas madami pang pelikulang nagawa kesa batas na naipasa during one full term ng pagiging senador.

Sa ngayon tutukan nya na muna ang pagiging boxingero. After all kahit naman kelan pwede siya maging mayor o congressman, pero he has a few more years to go before his boxing skills will start to diminish. I say make the most out of it. Sana kung tatakbo man siya hindi dahil sabi lang sa kanya ni ganito ni ganyan, sana hindi lang dahil sa sikat siya. By now he should learn na pwede naman siya manalo kahit di na siya sikat. Afterall natalo nga siya landslide ni custodio di ba?

the fact is this people who made a name for themselves being movie stars and what ever form of stardom that made them who they are.

i just wish before they would step in to politics they should be responsible and being in service would not serve their own interest but of the people.

kakasawa na e, isipin nyo si jaworksi nung nasa serbisyo lumabas sa supermarket ung doctor J rubbing alcohol nung nawala na sya wala na rin binebenta.

Sa ngayon tutukan nya na muna ang pagiging boxingero. After all kahit naman kelan pwede siya maging mayor o congressman, pero he has a few more years to go before his boxing skills will start to diminish. I say make the most out of it. Sana kung tatakbo man siya hindi dahil sabi lang sa kanya ni ganito ni ganyan, sana hindi lang dahil sa sikat siya. By now he should learn na pwede naman siya manalo kahit di na siya sikat. Afterall natalo nga siya landslide ni custodio di ba?

On most of your post, I'm always on the opposite side, but with this one, I'm with you.

If he has genuine intention to help the people, let him run. Anyway, it will still be up to the people to decide. And if yung makakalaban niya like Custodio can show their credentials, then sigurado di pa rin makakalusot si Pacman.

But If I were him, Boxing muna, If and when he decides to retire & seek a political career. Wala na sigurong masasabi ang mga tao.

LAST...

Huwag niyong tirahin yung pag english ni Pacman cos he has significantly improved. WAY better than most call center agents. And mind you, di ganun kabilis magenglish in front of a camera knowing you're being watched & quoted by millions of people around the world. When he started his boxing career halos wala talaga siyang alam sa English pero his improvement is commendable, if not, IMPRESSIVE.

On most of your post, I'm always on the opposite side, but with this one, I'm with you.

If he has genuine intention to help the people, let him run. Anyway, it will still be up to the people to decide. And if yung makakalaban niya like Custodio can show their credentials, then sigurado di pa rin makakalusot si Pacman.

But If I were him, Boxing muna, If and when he decides to retire & seek a political career. Wala na sigurong masasabi ang mga tao.

LAST...

Huwag niyong tirahin yung pag english ni Pacman cos he has significantly improved. WAY better than most call center agents. And mind you, di ganun kabilis magenglish in front of a camera knowing you're being watched & quoted by millions of people around the world. When he started his boxing career halos wala talaga siyang alam sa English pero his improvement is commendable, if not, IMPRESSIVE.

Ang pagpuna sa english ni Pacquiao is in context naman. In the ring, di naman importante na marunong siya mag-english. Heck he can use an interpreter like he did in that post fight interview with barrera and morales. Beauty contestants use interpreters even if they can speak fluent english. In fact with his boxing profession hindi naman issue ano ang educational background nya. Chuck Lidell has an accounting degree, but in the octagon that is not a feather in his cap. Bottom line I would never criticize Pacquiaos english or educational background and make it an issue being the way he is now.

BUT......

If we are talking about him being a congressman, ibang usapan na yun syempre. Kahit naman si Vilma Santos she realized that she needed schooling to prepare her for public administration. And the mere fact din naman that Pacquiao wants to finish his schooling, he himself realizes he realizes the importance of education.

But going back I just do not like the idea of someone na gagamitin lang yung pagiging sikat nya para makauto ng botante, like Bong and Lito. Tapos nung naiboto wala naman ginagawa. The one reason why I admire the likes of vilma santos (im not a vilmainian, nor a batanguenio), is that she never capitalizes on fame per se, she capitalizes on readiness and capability. Manny should have already learned from his defeat during the past poles that he would need more than fame to earn a seat in congress.

If we are talking about him being a congressman, ibang usapan na yun syempre. Kahit naman si Vilma Santos she realized that she needed schooling to prepare her for public administration. And the mere fact din naman that Pacquiao wants to finish his schooling, he himself realizes he realizes the importance of education.

But going back I just do not like the idea of someone na gagamitin lang yung pagiging sikat nya para makauto ng botante, like Bong and Lito. Tapos nung naiboto wala naman ginagawa. The one reason why I admire the likes of vilma santos (im not a vilmainian, nor a batanguenio), is that she never capitalizes on fame per se, she capitalizes on readiness and capability. Manny should have already learned from his defeat during the past poles that he would need more than fame to earn a seat in congress.

I did not make myself clear :upside: ..... Politics aside yung sinabi ko na wag tirahin ang pag English niya. But if he's serious in pursuing a political career, then he needs to improve his english obviously.

kayang talunin ni pacquiao si Uglyboy thru side step from left to right or vice-versa.... nagawa na ni Judah yan pero walang patience si judah... saka mas mahaba ang reach ni pacquiao compare mo kay judah or hatton.. kaya magandang laban talaga...

pinanood ko ulit mga laban ni gayweather Judah, Oscar at hatton... all i can say.. mahihirapan din sya kay marquez... pero may tulog sya kay pacquiao....

Mabait naman si Hatton sana di ganun kadevastating ang pagkatalo niya...kupal pa trainer niyang si Gayweather Sr, di man lang siya sinuportahan, sinisi pa.

Si Floyd Gayweather Jr sana ang gusto kong masensational knockout ni Pacman... Kupal sobra pati tatay niya sana hampasin ni Aling Dionisya! :thumbsupsmiley:

Mabait naman si Hatton sana di ganun kadevastating ang pagkatalo niya...kupal pa trainer niyang si Gayweather Sr, di man lang siya sinuportahan, sinisi pa.

Si Floyd Gayweather Jr sana ang gusto kong masensational knockout ni Pacman... Kupal sobra pati tatay niya sana hampasin ni Aling Dionisya! :thumbsupsmiley:

TAMA!!! Sana pag KO ni pacman kay gayweather, yung tipong hindi talaga makakabangon at ilalagay na lang sa stretcher.

2 million hbo pay per view x 49.50 dollars = 99 million dollars?

Magkano naman kay pacman dyan, mukhang aabot nga ng isang bilyon ang iuuwing pera ni manny ah.

half of the 99M goes to HBO

half gets divided between pac and hatton, with manny getting 58% and hatton getting 42% as per their pre-fight agreement

so that's more or less another $26-27M for pacman

Edited by Larry
pinanood ko 2last bout ni jmm. mukhang bumagal sya at hindi sya bagay sa above 140. sa laban nila ni casamayor at diaz lagi syang talo sa scorcards, tyamba lang talaga sya umaasa. umaasa sya na ung counter punch nya makakadali ng knockdown.

Yeah I agree, puro chamba lang mga knockout victories ni marquez. Puro nagkataon lang na napupuruhan nya kalaban. He could not knockdown Juarez, because Juarez was not too willing to trade. But if Juarez fought Manny, Im quite sure Manny would finish business and not leave it to the decsion

In fact maswerte lang si JMM na yung 2nd bout nila ni MP ay nasa 130. A weight manny obviously was already very uncomfortable at that time. Prior to his fight with marquez, he fought marco antonio barrera at the same wieght class. Fight night manny weighed a whopping 151 pounds after he was rehydrated, kaya di napatumba si barrera. Same is the case with marquez. But if JMM would have fought him at 140 and above, Im sure he really would get knocked out.

Marquez should really understand why he lost. If he wasnt eating power punches, if he dominated the fight by being more aggressive, then sana panalo siya. Ang pro boxing di lang naman yan paramihan ng suntok. Look at the Jones vs Trinidad fight, mas maraming natatangap na suntok si Jones, pero mas lagi naman nasasaktan at natutumba si Trinidad. The Mayweather vs De la Hoya fight was also controversial, because though ODLH was outboxed, he was obviously the one controlling the tempo of the fight. Mayweather kept backing and ducking away. That is why kahit mga commentator gulat na gulat nung lumabas decision in favor of Mayweather.

PBF=ATG

All time Gay :lol:

PBF= Pretty boy faggot

PBF= Pussy boy floyd.

So he never blemished his record or face big deal! This is because he has a habit of ducking any opponent who have crucial advantages over him. He went into temporary retirement to duck the rematch between him and de la hoya (which he almost lost to), and miguel cotto. Inantay nya muna magretire si de la hoya, at magkaroon ng talo si cotto bago bumalik.

One of the four below will definitely defeat Manny.

1. Mayweather

2. Marquez

3. Cotto

4. Mosley

Why? Manny finds it difficult to fight against great counter punchers specially pag marunong maguppercut. Although marunong sya at ang team nyang magadjust sa kalaban e ano un sya lang ba ang marunong magadjust?

1. Mayweather

2. Marquez

3. Cotto

4. Mosley

Why? Manny finds it difficult to fight against great counter punchers specially pag marunong maguppercut. Although marunong sya at ang team nyang magadjust sa kalaban e ano un sya lang ba ang marunong magadjust?

flame bait? ang tanong will they have the opportunity to face manny? Of the 4, ke Mosley lang ako mag 2nd thoughts, medyo malaks and mama talaga eh!

dapat si Cotto na lang kalaban niya.

Agree, exciting to pero gusto ko talaga malamog niya si Gayweather.

1. Mayweather

2. Marquez

3. Cotto

4. Mosley

Lahat yan kaya ni Pacman, pera lang pag uusapan... Para sakin c Mayweather ang dpat mauna tapos magsama sila mag ama...

^^^

Yep! if the manny este money is right, then bring it on. Manny does not duck nobody. As long as the price is right then bring em on. Manny will fight the fights the audience will pay for to see. The idea that manny is ducking marquez is ludicarous. Why does he need to duck a guy he knows he can floor (4 times that is)? Remember Manny took on a guy who was way too big for him, in a wieght class that is way above his league. Many analyst claimed that this was infact a mismatch since de la hoya had the reach and power advantage. But look how manny smoked him and gave the golden boy of boxing the most humble defeat of his career.

And just when we thought he couldnt get better, he demolished the king of the 140 lbs division under 6 minutes. Hatton undeniably suffered the worst punishment from pacquiao.

Now every respected boxing analyst said that Manny no longer needs to fight mayweather to establish his legacy. Even if mayweather never retired, Im sure manny would still take the pound for pound throne from him. So on his next bouts he calls the shot. Money in his favor or fight someone else.

It gets me thinking, if valero recieved the kind of punishment hatton did? Im sure patay na siya sigurado. Bitak na bungo nya

I think hanggang 140lbs na lang si Manny, sabi naman niya duong timbang siya pinakamalakas.

Medyo maliit na siya para sa 147lbs

Kung lalabanan niya sila Mosley, Mayweather at Cotto dapat hanggang 143lbs lang.

Si marquez malamang tulog din yan pag sa 140lbs

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kung gusto niyang kumita muna ng limpak limpak, another easy fight is Edwin Valero.

Baka 3 rounds din lang ito wala ding depensa.

Edited by jerzz
Kung gusto niyang kumita muna ng limpak limpak, another easy fight is Edwin Valero.

Baka 3 rounds din lang ito wala ding depensa.

Back then I thought this was such a good idea, but now I think I am having a lil change of heart. Kung inabot ni Valero inabot ni Hatton, Im sure comatose siya o baka patay na ngayon. Remember na hangang ngayon hindi makakuha ng clearance si Valero para lumaban sa Las vegas, hangang texas lang siya pwede. This is because of the motorcycle accident he was in, where he cracked his skull. In fact medyo blurry na din vision nya, you notice he has to wear eyeglasses time to time.

The thing about boxers like valero is that he has to quickly finish fights to avoid taking punishment in the head for 12 rounds. He utilizes power not reflexes and speed. In fact observe his stance, he keeps a low guard, he has nothing defensively, laging naghahanap lang ng bwelo para mas malakas suntok.

I personally would not want pacquiao to be remembered as the guy who killed someone in the ring. Anyway Manny does not need Valero. Si Amir Khan na lang pangarapin ni valero

^^^

Yep! if the manny este money is right, then bring it on. Manny does not duck nobody. As long as the price is right then bring em on. Manny will fight the fights the audience will pay for to see. The idea that manny is ducking marquez is ludicarous. Why does he need to duck a guy he knows he can floor (4 times that is)? Remember Manny took on a guy who was way too big for him, in a wieght class that is way above his league. Many analyst claimed that this was infact a mismatch since de la hoya had the reach and power advantage. But look how manny smoked him and gave the golden boy of boxing the most humble defeat of his career.

And just when we thought he couldnt get better, he demolished the king of the 140 lbs division under 6 minutes. Hatton undeniably suffered the worst punishment from pacquiao.

Now every respected boxing analyst said that Manny no longer needs to fight mayweather to establish his legacy. Even if mayweather never retired, Im sure manny would still take the pound for pound throne from him. So on his next bouts he calls the shot. Money in his favor or fight someone else.

It gets me thinking, if valero recieved the kind of punishment hatton did? Im sure patay na siya sigurado. Bitak na bungo nya

BUT Freddie Roach does. And for very valid reason, Why give Marquez the chance to fight Pacquiao? Thin Paycheck & he's a nobody! Let him chase our Filipino Pride!

kung ako tatanungin gusto ko makalaban ni pacman si mayweather kasi pareho nila natalo mga kalaban nila oscar de lahoya at richky hatton so sila nalang dalawa natitira once in for all magkaalaman na kung sino talaga ang legitimate pound for pound king