PacMan's Corner

menime

what i see naisahan si delahoya. ang totoo kaya pa nya lumaban. namaga lang talaga mata nya. and napapahinto sya ni pacman dahil sa ikot ni pacyaw. nagpapakawala pa si delahoya ng malalakas na suntok, un lang mas mabilis si pakyaw. nagtaka rin ako bakit parang bumagal si delahoya. pero grabeh never ko pang nakitang naging singkit si delahoya. tulang ng nangyari ngaun. kaya ng interviehin sya kamot sya sa ulo. naisip nya isang matinding left lang natanggap nya nung 1st round. pero grabeh resulta.

courtesy of hbo

A STUNNING UPSET; PACQUIAO KO 8

December 6, 2008 - by Chuck Johnson | Photos by Will Hart & Ed Mulholland

LAS VEGAS - Oscar De La Hoya came into the ring wearing old-school brown colored gloves. By the time he left the ring, he just looked old.

In one of the most stunning and completely dominating upsets in boxing history, Manny Pacquiao won "The Dream Match" by TKO victory Saturday night when De La Hoya's corner threw in the towel after the eighth round.

A crowd of 15,001 fans at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and a worldwide HBO Pay-Per-View television audience witnessed what was described by HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg as "one of the greatest performances by a prize fighter I've seen in 31 years in this business."

Pacquiao, who began his career as a 106-pounder and had never before fought above 135 pounds, defied the big-man beats the smaller-man logic by winning his celebrated welterweight debut against the sport's most popular fighter.

Showing why he's considered boxing's No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter, Pacquiao repeatedly struck with lightning-quick and precision hand speed to pummel De La Hoya to the face and body almost at will, and stayed fast and light on his feet to dance and dart away from taking a big punch, always circling to De La Hoya's right to avoid his vaunted left hook.

Most predictions gave the WBC lightweight champion, who has also won 20 world titles at three smaller weight classes, no chance to beat De La Hoya, a ten-time world champion who has fought as high as 160 pounds. The Golden Boy, who was moving down in weight, was expected to steamroll Pacquiao, who moved up two weight classes for the 147-pound showdown.

It was clear from the start that the theater of the unexpected was changing another boxing script.

"They said this was a mismatch and it was a mismatch,'' Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said, taking a jab at all the wrong prognosticators, many whom thought the bout should never have been made in the first place because of De La Hoya's size advantage.

The stunning part was that Pacquiao not only won but also dictated virtually every round of the scheduled 12-round fight.

"In the first round, Oscar was very hesitant and I knew we could win the fight and most likely by a stoppage,'' said a jubilant Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer who said coming into the fight that De La Hoya no longer has what it takes to win the big fight.

The latest scuff mark on his once shining career was enough for the 35-year-old Golden Boy to consider calling it a career as a fighter. Certainly De La Hoya's marquee value was diminished after continuing a trend of losing his biggest fights -- Felix Trinidad, twice against Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and now Pacquiao.

" 'Freddie, you're right,' '' De La Hoya told Roach after walking over to Pacquiao's corner. "I don't have it any more."

With his face swollen and his left eye nearly closed, De La Hoya was on his stool when his trainer Nacho Beristain told referee Tony Weeks that the fight was over.

"I stopped the fight because I didn't want him to leave his greatness in the ring,'' Beristain said. "Oscar was in good condition but he couldn't control Manny's southpaw stance or style."

"He was the better man tonight and he deserves all the credit,'' said De La Hoya (39-6, 30 KOs). "He's a great fighter. I'm not shocked because at this stage when you face someone like Pacquiao you know you're going to have a fight."

On Friday, De La Hoya weighed in at 145 pounds, three20pounds more than Pacquiao's official weight of 142, but the bigger man actually came into the ring lighter than Pacquiao, who weight 148 1/2 pounds Saturday night to De La Hoya's 147.

"I trained really hard in the gym,'' De La Hoya said. "But I told a lot of people it's a lot different in the gym than when you actually get in the ring. My style is to go forward, but he was boxing on his toes all night and waiting for me to make my mistakes. I didn't have the strength to stop him. I felt really flat..."

Asked if he going to retire as a fighter, De La Hoya, speaking over boos from the partisan crowd that he had just let down, let down, said " My heart is still in in it, that's for sure. But you have to be smart and make sure you think about your future plans."

For Pacquiao, the victory over the East Los Angeles-born, Mexican-American icon was the biggest achievement in his long career. He said he would be fighting for the pride of the Philippines and he did his nation proud.

"I knew right away I could win this fight,'' Pacquiao (48-3-2, 35 KOs) said. "I controlled the fight. I was able to defend against his jab. "I said speed would be the key and it was. This is a great victory for me and a great victory for my country."

Hindi na ko nagugulat dito. Feeling invincible na itong si Pacman. :lol:

At pag sinubukan niyang tumakbong presidente ay diyan niya mararanasan ang pinakamapait na pagkatalo niya. Unanimous Decision against him. Mahal siya ng mamamayan pero hindi naman tanga ang lahat ng pinoy para ilagay siya sa isang puwestong wala siyang ikinalalaman.

Dela Hoya stops Pacquiao in 7!

Saturday, December 6 2008/MGM GRAND LAS VEGAS

By Ron Jackson

America’s Oscar Dela Hoya (39-5, 30 KOs) scored a soundly seventh round technical knockout over Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines (47-3-2, 36 KOs) at the MGM Grand, gambling Hotel in Las Vegas. With this win he earns the right to challenge Ricky “Hitman” Hatton for the WBC welterweight belt. Dela Hoya floored Pacquiao with a combination of rights and lefts hooks to the head, which left the Pinoy fighter on the floor for several minutes where he received attention from the ringside doctors. Pacquiao was heavily bloodied and received bad cut in the left eye, broken nose and further admitted that Dela Hoya was too big and too strong for him and promised to come back in the lower division as a lightweight (135lbs.) “I think welterweight division is not for me and I thank God I survived the punishment of Oscar, he is very strong and quicker than me” Pacquiao said.

Natawa ako dito kanina. Hondacaptiva, you definitely can pull the trigger. :lol:

what i see naisahan si delahoya. ang totoo kaya pa nya lumaban. namaga lang talaga mata nya. and napapahinto sya ni pacman dahil sa ikot ni pacyaw. nagpapakawala pa si delahoya ng malalakas na suntok, un lang mas mabilis si pakyaw. nagtaka rin ako bakit parang bumagal si delahoya. pero grabeh never ko pang nakitang naging singkit si delahoya. tulang ng nangyari ngaun. kaya ng interviehin sya kamot sya sa ulo. naisip nya isang matinding left lang natanggap nya nung 1st round. pero grabeh resulta.

Well that what happens when you loose so much weight!

At pag sinubukan niyang tumakbong presidente ay diyan niya mararanasan ang pinakamapait na pagkatalo niya. Unanimous Decision against him. Mahal siya ng mamamayan pero hindi naman tanga ang lahat ng pinoy para ilagay siya sa isang puwestong wala siyang ikinalalaman.

Absolutely correct!

dapat di na tumatabi si chavit singson kay manny para di naman masira ang panonood ko!

Ay Ka brix hindi lang pala ako naiisa napamura ako ng husto ng lumitaw mukha ni sbit sa tabi ni manoy! ank ng kamote ang tigas ng mukha! puntang butiki ang leche plan!

Ka pacman wag ka na sumali sa pulitika mag artista ka na lang kun gusto mo!

ang sarap panoorin ulit ...

meron na sa pinoychannel.tv....

english commentaries.....

buti nman para hndi n ntn marinig c chino at quinito...

did u guys saw how happy noLi de castro when he went up to congratulate manny....

on the interview there was chavit also.. daming sabit tlga...

27M daw ung total ng nbigyan ng sponsorship ni pacman for them to be able to watch the fight..

natuwa lang ako sa post from MP's website.....

read on...the critics pre-fight....

so WHAT YOU GOIN' SAY NOW! WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW! -GARNETT

WATCH THIS VID...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llmi2o7sWh8

to all the folks that thought ODLH was going to win..

WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW! WHAT YOU GOIN SAY NOW!

stop crying!

BARRERA "this is a joke fight it's just for the money bad for boxing blah blh blah"

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ " ODLH too BIG"

BRAD COONEY "ODLH TKO 8 oscar too good of a left hook"

NACHO BERISTAIN "you quiero mannys punches in your face"

ANGELO "hall of wrong predictions" DUNDEE

that MMA DUDE that was talking to BRANDON VERA "your boy is 4 foot 2" blaf blah blah.. i bet u $hit ur pants after rnd 1 son.

FLOY MAYWEATHER SR. "joke fight" "ODLH is going to beat PAC like a dog"

BERNARD HOPKINS "PAC will go to school" so i guess it was the other way around huh. you old grandpa . you can see see your sorry a$$ self in ODLH hospital room

SULAIMAN "this fight is a circus match.. ill take PACs belt away coz im greedy"

ERIK MORALES "i like PAC but ODLH is just too big"

YAHOO

COTTO

MARGARITO

HATTON

SERGIO MORA

PAUL WILLIAMS

GB FAG entourage -they all looked so happy on that weign-in

name other ones i forgot

i guess all these guys just "cant see the wood for the trees"

cheers for the beleivers and shame on the pac fans that betted against him. they did it judas style.

Hehehe....great compilation of their quotes.....all i can say is "THEY EAT THEIR WORDS"...WOWOWOW!!!

Sabi nga ng mga dehadista, ito ang tunay na loyalty bet.....

Sorry for all the believers of ODLH....time to hang the gloves..

nakatulong din ang lbm ni pacman kaya minadali ang laban para makatakbo na sya sa kubeta

--> Sobrang tawang tawa ako sa comment na to! Winner. ^^

I never doubted Pacman would win, even when I accidentally read my friend's text that he lost. Congrats, Manny. Well-deserved win. Just please don't run for a seat in the government.

BRING OUT the Hitman Hatton and Floydmay WEATHER <_< :thumbsdownsmiley: GO PACMAN :thumbsupsmiley:

"Pacman vs. Hatton is the next logical fight" - Bob Arum

Balita ko si "Zorro" na sunod na kalaban ni Pacman...... tinalo na nya lahat ng ibang mexicano e......bwahaha

“I can’t make 147, so don’t ask” said Bernard Hopkins, who was holding down the Golden Boy fort while De La Hoya, accompanied by GBP CEO Richard Schaefer, was at the hospital getting checked out.

“Pacquiao can make 170,” shot back Pac Man’s promoter, Bob Arum, almost giddy over the victory.

While the absurdity of a Hopkins-Pacquiao match raised laughter, it was hard to forget that the first mention of Pacquiao-De La Hoya was greeted the same way

hmmmm :rolleyes:

Edited by jerzz
Dela Hoya stops Pacquiao in 7!

Saturday, December 6 2008/MGM GRAND LAS VEGAS

By hondacaptiva (after smoking some silly sh!t)

America’s Oscar Dela Hoya (39-5, 30 KOs) scored a soundly seventh round technical knockout over Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines (47-3-2, 36 KOs) at the MGM Grand, gambling Hotel in Las Vegas. With this win he earns the right to challenge Ricky “Hitman” Hatton for the WBC welterweight belt. Dela Hoya floored Pacquiao with a combination of rights and lefts hooks to the head, which left the Pinoy fighter on the floor for several minutes where he received attention from the ringside doctors. Pacquiao was heavily bloodied and received bad cut in the left eye, broken nose and further admitted that Dela Hoya was too big and too strong for him and promised to come back in the lower division as a lightweight (135lbs.) “I think welterweight division is not for me and I thank God I survived the punishment of Oscar, he is very strong and quicker than me” Pacquiao said.

Congrats Pacman!!! Grabe inuman dito sa apartment niya

what? the effects of weed already wore off? :P

Edited by bubuy