PacMan's Corner

menime

GAB cannot do anything once the fight is done outside the country period. They can only rebuke the license if needed but that not stop a fighter to fight in other country who will give him a license.

Were not takin away PACMAN is really a national pride and these 2 gentleman from the congress wants a piece of exposure just to make us feel that they are concern to the MAN.

GAB cannot do anything once the fight is done outside the country period. They can only rebuke the license if needed but that not stop a fighter to fight in other country who will give him a license.

True, even if the GAB rebuke his license it won't affect Pac because he fight mostly in the United States.

When was the last time Pac fought here in the Phils? Oscar Larios pa yata yun? :rolleyes:

Lapit na election kailangan ng pera maski si Pac kailangan din :lol:

Salud: GAB, Rodriguez can’t stop Pacquiao

September 26, 2008 06:14:00

Recah Trinidad

Philippine Daily Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines—Lawyer-sportsman Rudy Salud Thursday said he understands the concern of certain people over the perceived mismatch between Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya but there’s no way any local agency, including the Games and Amusements Board, could stop the event.

Salud said the contract for the fight has already been signed and only one body, the Nevada State Athletic Commission, has control and jurisdiction over the fight slated Dec. 6 in Las Vegas.

His reaction came after Cagayan de Oro Rep. Rufus Rodriguez urged GAB chair Eric Buhain to temporarily freeze Pacquiao’s boxing license to prevent the Filipino ring icon from fighting De La Hoya.

Salud said the suggestion is grossly misinformed and useless.

Salud, founding secretary general of the World Boxing Council, said that even if the WBC wanted to meddle into the event, as suggested by Buhain, the world sanctioning body has no jurisdiction over the event.

Buhain admitted Thursday that he had asked the WBC to cancel the fight because he believed Pacquiao stood no chance against De La Hoya, who is four inches taller and has a five-inch reach edge over the Filipino.

Downplaying Pacquiao’s chances, Rodriguez said: “This bout is just about money. Pacquiao has no chance. We have to protect him. He is a national treasure.”

Salud said critics must also bear in mind that despite the disparities, Pacquiao and his trainer Freddie Roach would not venture into the fight if they feel they are incapable of facing up to the challenge.

According to Salud, critics of the bout should also look back to the fight between the giant Primo Carnera and Joe Louis in 1935. Louis knocked out Carnera.

“I personally feel that Pacquiao will be able to score an upset despite the odds and the unfounded fear of several people,” said Salud. With a report from Agence France-Presse

Buhain admitted Thursday that he had asked the WBC to cancel the fight because he believed Pacquiao stood no chance against De La Hoya, who is four inches taller and has a five-inch reach edge over the Filipino.

Hmmm kaya siguro hinubaran ng belt si Pac ng WBC

Hugas kamay ngayon si Eric? :rolleyes:

Pareng Robbie,

I caught Eric Buhain in the news last night. He was saying that he does not approve of the fight but can not do anything about it. Naghugas kamay. Para que pa ang GAB if they can not enforce rules on our fighters? Pacman, as long as he remains a Filipino professional athlete should be GOVERNED under Philippine rules and regulations. I don't think Pacman will die in this fight. But a LOT of other Pinoy fighters do get hurt and sometimes die in the ring. Inutil naman pala ang GAB (because of it's chairman?), so what the fcuk are they here for?

talagang wala syang magagwa. pacqui loses his license here but I bet my worthless peyso that the nevada and new jersey boxing commissions are very happy to oblige pacqui with a license in their territories.

and nakakabwisit kay buhain, alam na nyang wala syang magagawa pero panay pa rin ang dada nya sa media. ipinagkakalandakan ang pagiging inutil nya...erferferf

if buhain's way of thinking is to be used, dapat hindi na sya ipinadala sa olympics kase alam naman ng lahat na ILALAMPASO lang sya ng mga american (and other countries) swimmers. sayang lang ang perang ginamit sa kanya, tapos ipapakita lang kung gaano kulelat sya against olympic swimmers. kung style ni buhain ang masusunod

dela hoya in 4 rounds

my money is on DLH, but 4 rnds? i am going to give you a 3 is to 1 odds that it won't happen, hehehe. to my fellow filipino boxing lovers, pacman will not be hurt VERY badly in this fight. remember, to get hurt, you have to be tagged. this fight will not end in the early rounds, this thing i can assure you, kasi may takbuhan kaya yan!!!

my money is on DLH, but 4 rnds? i am going to give you a 3 is to 1 odds that it won't happen, hehehe. to my fellow filipino boxing lovers, pacman will not be hurt VERY badly in this fight. remember, to get hurt, you have to be tagged. this fight will not end in the early rounds, this thing i can assure you, kasi may takbuhan kaya yan!!!

I kinda agree with you. Boxers who get hurt really bad are those novice boxers who've not learned to protect themselves (how to roll with the punches). It's an "automatic" skill. This is the reason that you should not trust what you see on TV. What may look like a powerful punch on the tube might just be a boxer rolling with the punch. You have to be at ringside and hear the impact of the punch to know how hard it actually is. Furthermore, bigtime fights like this one will have very good REFEREES who will protect the boxers. Boxing deaths usually occur in the boondocks where cameras are mostly the home video kind. But, no, I don't see how Manny can win. Unless, of course, DLH makes the monumental mistake of taking one in the chin. Manny's only hope, is the puncher's chance.