PacMan's Corner

menime

this is really funny.....pacman vs ODLH.....this is a total mismatch...10 to 1 favorite for ODLH......as someone in the thread said...it is all about money for megamoney.......I’m not stating that ODLH-pacman wouldn’t provide some decent intrigue, it’s liking to a freak show where everyone wants to see what whether the rottweiler can annihilate a tiger. I’d pay to see that and I’ll pay to see the “Golden Boy” vs. “Pacman” but it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be easy on the eyes. a frekshow indeed.

mukang hindi papayag si Arum na paabutin ng 147 pounds si PacMan, gaya nga sabi ni Arum sa interview after ng fight with Diaz. iniiwasan nila si Miguel Cotto.

gaya nga ng sabi, sigurado malaking chismis to para sa mga boxing afficionados. kung matutuloy o hindi, kung mananalo o matatalo? basta isa lang ang for sure, malaking pera ito para sa camp ni PacMan.

mukang hindi papayag si Arum na paabutin ng 147 pounds si PacMan, gaya nga sabi ni Arum sa interview after ng fight with Diaz. iniiwasan nila si Miguel Cotto.

gaya nga ng sabi, sigurado malaking chismis to para sa mga boxing afficionados. kung matutuloy o hindi, kung mananalo o matatalo? basta isa lang ang for sure, malaking pera ito para sa camp ni PacMan.

Kay coto ...i don't think aabot is pacman ng 4 rounds doon....bagsak siya doon sigurado

:goatee: its all about the money baby...manny fights whoever brings the biggest money in him...remember when he refused to fight one boxer when he would be receiving a lesser cut of the money...however lets not malign his ability to train...he could still beat the golden boy if he trains properly... :goatee:

Hope this is not OT. We do not have a boxing thread.

Anyway, Banal quit last night. It was disappointing. I knew he was tired from all the body shots of Concepcion, but he should have stood up and danced the remainder of the 10th. He was probably ahead on points. Had he stayed on, he would have won by decision. Oh well, it's good that he lost early in his career. But still...

Champions do not quit!

And to add to the weekend of (apparent) upsets:

Margarito KOed Cotto in the 11th round. The welterweight class king is now unclear. Paul Williams beat Margarito. Carlos Quintana beat Williams, who then beat Quintana in a rematch. Margarito beat Cotto. Floyd "Pussypieceashit" Mayweather is retired (although he allegedly got beaten up by a rapper whose name escapes me now.

Cancila got off the canvas in the 2nd and pounded out a UD over previously unbeaten Giovanni Segura. Z Gorres was scheduled to face Segura. Now we're not sure if this will even push through.

THe good news:

Bernabe Concepcion won by KO in the same card.

And to add to the weekend of (apparent) upsets:

Margarito KOed Cotto in the 11th round. The welterweight class king is now unclear. Paul Williams beat Margarito. Carlos Quintana beat Williams, who then beat Quintana in a rematch. Margarito beat Cotto. Floyd "Pussypieceashit" Mayweather is retired (although he allegedly got beaten up by a rapper whose name escapes me now.

Cancila got off the canvas in the 2nd and pounded out a UD over previously unbeaten Giovanni Segura. Z Gorres was scheduled to face Segura. Now we're not sure if this will even push through.

THe good news:

Bernabe Concepcion won by KO in the same card.

Would like to comment on the game of cotto and margarito. Lintik sa tigas ng panga ni Margarito! Di man lang natinag sa mga suntok ni Cotto, to think the fact that Cotto is also a knockout artist. Sunod ata na kalaban ni Margarito si Dela Hoya eh, bago sya mag-retire. Pinagpipilian si Margarito o si Pacquiao, kung nagkataon si Pacquiao he has nothing to lose and everything to gain :goatee:

before de la hoya fought stevie forbes, i would also agree that pacman stands zero chance against him, and that its just a big stunt, and just a fight for money... but not anymore...

pacman has a legit chance to beat the golden boy and roach knows that... otherwise he wont push for that fight to happen... while its true that dela hoya is bigger and may be stronger, pacman is faster and if well conditioned will have a lot left in his tank in the late goings... at kahit gaano pa kalaki si de la hoya at kalakas sumuntok eh walang epekto kung di naman nya aabutan at tatamaan si manny...

de lahoya was not very impressive in his last fight with forbes who is almost the same height as pacman... forbes is only 5'7" and he started fighting at featherweight division (or junior featherweight?)... if he cant knock out a small and slow fighter like forbes, how can he knock out a fast and stronger fighter in pacman?

if de la hoya is 2-3 years younger, there is no doubt that pacman stands no chance against him... but he is very old (for a boxer) and quite slow already... very ripe for pacman's picking now...

so it aint gonna be a circus and im willing to bet on that... any takers?

I will take your bet if that fight will happen.

I will take your bet if that fight will happen.

i said im betting that its not gonna be a circus... meaning that pacquiao will not be overmatched and that it will be a close fight... but i did not say pacquiao is going to win... i am only saying he has a legit chance...

so are you gonna bet on that? that it wont be dela hoya by a mile? that its not gonna be a circus? that pacman wont be overmatched?

if you do, here's how it will go... if de la hoya knocks out pacman within the first 8 rounds or he wins a unanimous decision by at least an average of 5 points over each judges' scorecard then it is indeed a circus and pacman is overmatched... and you win...

if de la hoya wins but but does not meet the above criteria or if pacman wins... then its not a "circus" and pacman is not overmatched... and i win...

let me know if its a deal and how much are we putting on the table...

it'll be a freak show, but i will still buy a ticket, watch & root for Manny! :)

Freak Show?

Pero sa Heavyweight tinalo ni Chegaev (6'1) si Valuev (7'0) tapos 100 lbs difference sa timbang.

Watch nyo sa youtube :lol:

Edited by jerzz
Nakakabwiset ung laban ni Banal kagabi. Inabangan ko pa naman un, tapos ganun ganun na lang... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Pacman is the best thing that happen to philippine boxing....it would take some time before we have anther pacman, bulok ang boxing programs natin compare to mexico and cuba ....the sport needs a lot of funding and ...we really have to look everywhere for talent, madaming pacman na di pa pinapanganak and pinanganak na ....our sports authorities must make their act quickly....olympic nga isa lang mapapadala natin ... bulok talaga !!!!! ......

Talo si Cotto, so sino na talaga ang #1 pound for pound? I think si Pacman na talaga. :thumbsupsmiley:

But I'm not betting on a Pacquiao - Dela Hoya boxing bout.

I think Dela Hoya will have a hard time making weight for the Welterweight Division (147 lbs.) and besides,

Manny told reporters that he can only go for Light Welterweight (140 lbs.).

Dapat magconcentrate muna siya sa Lightweight para magkaroon ng mga unification matches.

Dami pwede sa Lightweight and then akyat siya sa Light Welterweight para kay Ricky Hatton. :rolleyes:

Pacquiao-Dela Hoya is purely for monetary reasons. At his age, Pacman's looking to milk the cow so to speak and prepare for a life fit for royalty. That is, if he doesn't throw away his fortune on gambling. Consider that there are a lot of possible opponents in his class like Joel Casamayor, Nate Campbell, Edwin Valero, Michael Katsidis & Joan Guzman. Yet these fighters won't get him the same amount of money he will get from fighting the likes of Dela Hoya, Ricky Hatton and quite possibly, Paul Malignaggi.

Manny Pacquiao is the best boxer ever from the Philippines period! I know that many Flash Elorde fans will k*ll me for this but Manny has taken on the best and has beaten them all.