PacMan's Corner

menime

I understand na hindi masyado kasi maganda pasok ng pera with a JMM fight

It's not really that Dragonei, the real reason is because JMM is a "difficult" fighter. I saw the fight this weekend. Hayop talaga ang skills ni JMM. He is not a knock-out artist, but he is the consumate boxer. A Pacman vs JMM fight would be the bull fighting the matador. As a fight fan, I want JMM to win. But as a Filipino, I want Pacman to win. Medyo hati ang puso ko dito. But, loyalty to country/man wins in the end. Hehehehe... PACMAN pa rin.

I'm sure Pacman himself is dying to get his hands on JMM. He wants to prove himself (IMHO, he lost the first fight to JMM... though it was adjudged a draw). The fighter in Manny wants to settle the score once and for all. But his managers, wisely, would rather take this DIFFICULT fight somewhere later in the day. Perhaps 2-3 fights more (for both fighters) and if neither one loses, then this fight becomes INEVITABLE! At ang good side nito, dahil hinog sa puno ang laban, siguradong MEGA-DOLLAR BLOCKBUSTER EVENT ITO... there would be no need to even drum-up interest. This is the fight real fight fans want to see.

----------

P.S. f#&k you again DYAN CASTILLEJO... SHET, even in a fight not involving Osacr dela Hoya, you had to go out of your way to mention him. Putang inang hayskul crush yan... pakantot ka na lang kay golden boy para matigil ka na... stop ruining good fights with your inane color commentary... Argh, and I thought boxing is the last refuge of us men to escape the kikayness of women... again, f#&k you DYAN!

pacman should face jmm! stop ducking. if you really want to prove that you are the best in the division, you should fight the best. go for the title!

another excuse that pacman and his camp will make is that a fight with jmm has no money! WTF! the people are asking for it!

fight JMM before moving up to fight the diaze's.

It's not really that Dragonei, the real reason is because JMM is a "difficult" fighter. I saw the fight this weekend. Hayop talaga ang skills ni JMM. He is not a knock-out artist, but he is the consumate boxer. A Pacman vs JMM fight would be the bull fighting the matador. As a fight fan, I want JMM to win. But as a Filipino, I want Pacman to win. Medyo hati ang puso ko dito. But, loyalty to country/man wins in the end. Hehehehe... PACMAN pa rin.

I'm sure Pacman himself is dying to get his hands on JMM. He wants to prove himself (IMHO, he lost the first fight to JMM... though it was adjudged a draw). The fighter in Manny wants to settle the score once and for all. But his managers, wisely, would rather take this DIFFICULT fight somewhere later in the day. Perhaps 2-3 fights more (for both fighters) and if neither one loses, then this fight becomes INEVITABLE! At ang good side nito, dahil hinog sa puno ang laban, siguradong MEGA-DOLLAR BLOCKBUSTER EVENT ITO... there would be no need to even drum-up interest. This is the fight real fight fans want to see.

----------

P.S. f#&k you again DYAN CASTILLEJO... SHET, even in a fight not involving Osacr dela Hoya, you had to go out of your way to mention him. Putang inang hayskul crush yan... pakantot ka na lang kay golden boy para matigil ka na... stop ruining good fights with your inane color commentary... Argh, and I thought boxing is the last refuge of us men to escape the kikayness of women... again, f#&k you DYAN!

Grabe ha sobra galit kay dyan. O easy lang easy lang

Anyway Marquez is obviously an outside fighter, he boxes with finesse and calculated rhythm. He usually starts out slow but works like a steam engine. At talagang ang galing ng footing nya. Manny will definetly have his hands full. I thought that JMM won that first square off with MAnny. Manny got a little confident after that knockdown points he got. He will definetly have his hands full with JMM. Brawling wont work here

Pero un na nga, stop ducking and making excuses. Now is the perfect time na labanan nya na si Marquez. If I am not mistaken WBC is already pressuring manny to fight for that title. Ilang taon na siyang number 1 contender tapos di naman lumalaban for the title.

Ok pera pera nga lang ang boxing. But the good fights is where the money is at. A lot of people got disappointed with that Solis fight. Mas tataas market value ni Manny once matalo niya si Marquez, because a lot more will challenge him in his division

pacman should face jmm! stop ducking. if you really want to prove that you are the best in the division, you should fight the best. go for the title!

another excuse that pacman and his camp will make is that a fight with jmm has no money! WTF! the people are asking for it!

fight JMM before moving up to fight the diaze's.

Boxing nowadays is ALL ABOUT MONEY

The big money fight would be Pacquiao vs David Diaz (WBC Lightweight Champion) or Manny vs Juan Diaz (WBO, IBF, WBA Lightweight Champion)

Both Lightweight Champs are brawlers and will not give an inch. Walang urungan dito matira ang matibay, tulog kung tulog. That is what the people wants and Manny wants to challenge for the Lightweight Crown as he is having a hard time with 130lbs.

We know that JMM will not mixed it out, he will counterpunch but will not engage in a fight to finish brawl. Ayoko na makakita nung kagaya ng Pacquaio & Barrera na ayaw lumaban yung isa.

Edited by jerzz
Boxing nowadays is ALL ABOUT MONEY

The big money fight would be Pacquiao vs David Diaz (WBC Lightweight Champion) or Manny vs Juan Diaz (WBO, IBF, WBA Lightweight Champion)

Both Lightweight Champs are brawlers and will not give an inch. Walang urungan dito matira ang matibay, tulog kung tulog. That is what the people wants and Manny wants to challenge for the Lightweight Crown as he is having a hard time with 130lbs.

We know that JMM will not mixed it out, he will counterpunch but will not engage in a fight to finish brawl. Ayoko na makakita nung kagaya ng Pacquaio & Barrera na ayaw lumaban yung isa.

fyi, the marquez and pacquiao fight will be more marketable than the pacquaio vs david diaz fight

man, ano pa palusot ni pacman ngayon?!

the people are asking for it, and pbviosuly it will generate a lot of PPV shares

Basta ang Pacquiao-Marquez 2, bad for the business para kay Manny yan, hehehehhe! Di man sya matalo ni JMM siguradong mae-expose ang weaknesses nya...

bad for business even if the people are asking for it?

bad for manny coz he might lose!

show your balls money! fight marquez!

It's really a bad fight for Pacquiao because of the contrasting styles. A brawling heavy handed puncher who is more grit than style versus a slick counter puncher. The odds are about even on who will win and it may just boil down to who comes in more prepared and hungrier. Two things that Pacquaio has trouble bring to his recent fight becasue of the multitude of distractions in his life. Can he lose to Marquez? Most definitely. If there's one boxer to whom Pacquaio can lose to, it's Marquez. And that's why it can be bad for business. Sure, he can make upwards of $ 3M plus his PPV shares for this fight. But if he is beaten badly then the money train for future fights stops. Why risk it all against somebody who can make him look bad? He has a lot more to lose than Marquez. Marquez is risking his belts while Pacquiao is risking his future paydays. Smart money is he fights safe boxers and pockets his millions. And I wouldn't blame him. Does it make him less of a fighter? Probably to the most purists. But it does make him one hell of a business man.

On fighting great boxers, Pacquiao has already made his bones. The man has fought his share championship fights where he was the underdog, go to foreign lands and fought underpaid just to get good fights. And unless we forget, his two world titles came when he stepped in as a last minute replacement for the original challengers. He has fought his share of good and great fighters in their prime. He fought Barrera and Morales when they were still at their peak and while he was the upstart. And he proved his worth. It's also agreeable that he also fought them again later when the two legeneds were no longer spring chickens. But that was more gravy than anything else. Their's no faulting him if he wants to cash in. He deserves it. How many boxers are given this rare chance to rake it in? Ever wondered what's the current goal of Marquez, Valero, the lightweight Diaz's, Sotto and the rest of the pretenders in the lighter weight classes? To earn big bucks like Pacquiao.

At the end of the day, whatever he does in the ring, he will only be answerable to himself. He has proven his worth and he deserves to reap the rewards of his earlier sacrifices. As far as anybody who is anybody in the boxing world is concerned, his legacy is secured. He doesn't need to prove anything, Every win against anybody notable, again, is just gravy. Personally, I want to see him win a title at 130 lbs and at 135 lbs. Just to lay claim as the first Asian to win 3 and/or 4 world titles in different weight classes (unles Gerry Penalos beats him to the draw). Heck, he should have taken one at 126 lbs but I understand that he had to run after the bigger paydays which unfortunately were against non-title holders. He will be a Hall of Famer for his boxing exploits, the belts would just be additional bling to an already very stellar career.

Edited by brawler201

we have to understand na boxing ang kabuhayan ni Pacman, kung ano sya ngayon eh dahil sa boxing yan!

now, if he thinks the Marquez fight will not bring him the big bucks, wala tayo magagawa dun. it's his occupation! parang tayo din yan eh, pag nag-apply tayo sa isang company at medyo maliit ang bigayan ano ginagawa natin? look for other options! humanap ka ng iba na magbibigay sa yo ng malaking pera!

fyi, the marquez and pacquiao fight will be more marketable than the pacquaio vs david diaz fight

man, ano pa palusot ni pacman ngayon?!

the people are asking for it, and pbviosuly it will generate a lot of PPV shares

How? They have contrasting style.

The fight could be boring, knock downs would be rare or non existent as JMM would not mix it out. He will simply counter punch.

The people of JMM and the mexicans are asking for it but not the paying people from the rest of the world.

The Diazes are the more dangerous fight because they can knock out Manny, remember they are natural lightweight and champs. Juan Diaz is 33-0, David Diaz is 32-1 & JMM is 48-3

JMM is the easier fight. Lets see, Manny might choose the easier fight afterall :)

Edited by jerzz

Manny SHOULD fight JMM... wether in his next fight, or in the next few fights down the road. The truth of the matter is,

I'd love to see Manny win (of course). And JMM, because of his difficult style, would be a great test for Manny. Should he pass this tough test, then YES! He can claim that is the GREATEST (SUPER)FEATHERWEIGHT of his generation. But should Manny Pacquiao retire without finishing his business with JMM, that will be the asterisk to his otherwise stellar career.

Kahit lumuha pa ang mga tao ng dugo, hindi lalabanan ni Manny si JMM ngayon, not just yet...

Remember, he has two years and six fights to go, and he would not risk those last six fights (and the money that comes with it) for public clamor... Sayang ang perang darating kung lalabanan nya agad si Marquez where he is in danger of losing BAD!

Picture Jermaine "Bad Intentions" Taylor vs. Ronald "Winky" Wright, where Pacquiao is Taylor ang Winky is Marquez...

Ganun ang kalalabasan ni Pacquiao (although that fight was a draw, the once-thought invincible Taylor was exposed and look what happened to him now).

Siguro labanan nya na lang si JMM sa 4th or 5th of his last 6 fights, para may trilogy or even fourth time kung matalo man sya... By that time, he would have fought all the megabuck fights that he wanted...

finally...a post that does make sense...

It's really a bad fight for Pacquiao because of the contrasting styles. A brawling heavy handed puncher who is more grit than style versus a slick counter puncher. The odds are about even on who will win and it may just boil down to who comes in more prepared and hungrier. Two things that Pacquaio has trouble bring to his recent fight becasue of the multitude of distractions in his life. Can he lose to Marquez? Most definitely. If there's one boxer to whom Pacquaio can lose to, it's Marquez. And that's why it can be bad for business. Sure, he can make upwards of $ 3M plus his PPV shares for this fight. But if he is beaten badly then the money train for future fights stops. Why risk it all against somebody who can make him look bad? He has a lot more to lose than Marquez. Marquez is risking his belts while Pacquiao is risking his future paydays. Smart money is he fights safe boxers and pockets his millions. And I wouldn't blame him. Does it make him less of a fighter? Probably to the most purists. But it does make him one hell of a business man.

On fighting great boxers, Pacquiao has already made his bones. The man has fought his share championship fights where he was the underdog, go to foreign lands and fought underpaid just to get good fights. And unless we forget, his two world titles came when he stepped in as a last minute replacement for the original challengers. He has fought his share of good and great fighters in their prime. He fought Barrera and Morales when they were still at their peak and while he was the upstart. And he proved his worth. It's also agreeable that he also fought them again later when the two legeneds were no longer spring chickens. But that was more gravy than anything else. Their's no faulting him if he wants to cash in. He deserves it. How many boxers are given this rare chance to rake it in? Ever wondered what's the current goal of Marquez, Valero, the lightweight Diaz's, Sotto and the rest of the pretenders in the lighter weight classes? To earn big bucks like Pacquiao.

At the end of the day, whatever he does in the ring, he will only be answerable to himself. He has proven his worth and he deserves to reap the rewards of his earlier sacrifices. As far as anybody who is anybody in the boxing world is concerned, his legacy is secured. He doesn't need to prove anything, Every win against anybody notable, again, is just gravy. Personally, I want to see him win a title at 130 lbs and at 135 lbs. Just to lay claim as the first Asian to win 3 and/or 4 world titles in different weight classes (unles Gerry Penalos beats him to the draw). Heck, he should have taken one at 126 lbs but I understand that he had to run after the bigger paydays which unfortunately were against non-title holders. He will be a Hall of Famer for his boxing exploits, the belts would just be additional bling to an already very stellar career.

pac-man fights who he wants to fight. mayweather does that all the time. he picks his fights. and mayweather claims he's the best. who has he fought??? what abt pac-man? well, the guy actually drove Hall-of-Famers to retirement. don't tell me MB or EM are push-overs...it's just that manny made them look exactly like that. hell, Foreman was able to fight and won belt deep in his 40s. those asses manny beat are top-of-the-line still, though possibly not at their peaks.

manny is THE man. everyone wants to cash in...and i m f---ing impressed with the way how he handles the biz side of his career. Boxing is HIS bread and butter, just like teaching is for some sentimental bitch here. Why the hell would a teacher teach in a manila-based university than a fledgling countryside college with f---ing meager salary but lots of oh-ahs patriotic pogi points??? Yes...it's bec. teaching is his f---ing job. Darn he has some mouths to feed!!!

sure, JMM is a tough nut for pac-man. contrasting styles and all. plus manny's having a tough time making 130lbs. if he feels his body's more tuned to 135, then give it to the man...it's not like the Diazes are an easy bunch (throw in Casamayor and Pac-man's obviously at a disadvantage).

and what abt WBC??? the whole org's a joke along with Showtime. anyone who thinks it's a credible org is nuts. a fat ass can join WBC now and suddenly jump 50 rank slots just by chewing bubblegum.

Pacquiao to pick next foe

By Marc Anthony Reyes

Inquirer

Last updated 05:57am (Mla time) 11/09/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- It will be Manny Pacquiao’s call as far as his next fight is concerned.

The popular Filipino champion stressed this Thursday as he broke his silence over the issue of his next opponent from his sick bed at his General Santos City mansion.

“I haven’t decided yet,” said Pacquiao of his next foe, his voice still hoarse after battling colds and cough recently.

World Boxing Council super featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez and World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation lightweight titlist Juan Diaz are hoping to fight Pacquiao on March 15 next year.

But the Filipino ring icon said he expects to announce his rival next month while pursuing the tack that he is “the draw” for the coming fight and not his titled foes.

American trainer Freddie Roach was quoted on the Internet as saying Pacquiao should be the one commanding the megabuck purse considering his string of box-office fights in Las Vegas and San Antonio, Texas, the past three years.

Roach said he was given instructions by Pacquiao to pick “the fight that gets the most money and makes most sense.”

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...rticle_id=99762

How? They have contrasting style.

The fight could be boring, knock downs would be rare or non existent as JMM would not mix it out. He will simply counter punch.

The people of JMM and the mexicans are asking for it but not the paying people from the rest of the world.

The Diazes are the more dangerous fight because they can knock out Manny, remember they are natural lightweight and champs. Juan Diaz is 33-0, David Diaz is 32-1 & JMM is 48-3

JMM is the easier fight. Lets see, Manny might choose the easier fight afterall :)

Kahit lumuha pa ang mga tao ng dugo, hindi lalabanan ni Manny si JMM ngayon, not just yet...

Remember, he has two years and six fights to go, and he would not risk those last six fights (and the money that comes with it) for public clamor... Sayang ang perang darating kung lalabanan nya agad si Marquez where he is in danger of losing BAD!

Picture Jermaine "Bad Intentions" Taylor vs. Ronald "Winky" Wright, where Pacquiao is Taylor ang Winky is Marquez...

Ganun ang kalalabasan ni Pacquiao (although that fight was a draw, the once-thought invincible Taylor was exposed and look what happened to him now).

Siguro labanan nya na lang si JMM sa 4th or 5th of his last 6 fights, para may trilogy or even fourth time kung matalo man sya... By that time, he would have fought all the megabuck fights that he wanted...

to make things short, TAKOT LANG SI MANNY!

anyway, marquez is moving up to 135 if pacquiao wants to go up.

hahah

manny, you cant run, jmm is after you

im not saying marquez will win it all, but i want manny to show his balls and stop ducking

you are a "great boxer" right?

"He's coming up with many excuses for not wanting to fight me"

"He knows I'm the only man who can beat him. i'll destroy him"

"First of all, he complains about the weight class and In compromise to face him as high as the lightweight division,then he comments that the money was an issue, and I'm willing to take a pay cut to please the fans."

"Pacquiao also commented that he'd rather challenge for the lightweight title. All this is an indication that he's really scared and doesn't want any part og me,"

"What's wrong with Pacquiao?"

I always said that the Filipino fighters are similar to the Mexicans with their never-say-die attitude, but now Manny has disappointed me and will disappoint all his fans around the world"

-Juan Manuel Marquez

"He's coming up with many excuses for not wanting to fight me"

"He knows I'm the only man who can beat him. i'll destroy him"

"First of all, he complains about the weight class and In compromise to face him as high as the lightweight division,then he comments that the money was an issue, and I'm willing to take a pay cut to please the fans."

"Pacquiao also commented that he'd rather challenge for the lightweight title. All this is an indication that he's really scared and doesn't want any part og me,"

"What's wrong with Pacquiao?"

I always said that the Filipino fighters are similar to the Mexicans with their never-say-die attitude, but now Manny has disappointed me and will disappoint all his fans around the world"

-Juan Manuel Marquez

Tama nga naman si Manuel....... Ang boxing eh labanan ng angasan........

Mahapdi mga sinabi ni Juan Manuel.......Sinabihan "Ill destroy him"

Kaso takot si Manny eh :D