PacMan's Corner

menime

the nerve of this Gayweather Sr. to say "to lose someone below that" after what he has seen. Obviously he's just an "all talk" guy and he should be the one retiring from training other boxers. Before the fight, remember all the things he is saying to our Pacman, he even made a rap insulting Pacquiao.

dapat pala nag train na din si Mayweather Jr. para magkasunod sila ni Hatton, next fighter please, this one's out, para tumahimik si Sr.

ang reason na lang na nakikita ko bakit ganun si Sr. bukod sa yabang is he still thinks he's son is the best, coz he doesn't even compliment Pacquiao.

Sana si Mayweather Jr. na kasunod, pleeeaaaassse.

finally a match that fit for a king.... pareho lng ang laki... same age... nice demolition job..... sama tumagal p cya s lona for a couple of years...and no to polictics.... or else baka magtrain c darlene para kalabanin nya c pacman..... c darlene lang talaga nagpatumba kay pacman.....

the nerve of this Gayweather Sr. to say "to lose someone below that" after what he has seen. Obviously he's just an "all talk" guy and he should be the one retiring from training other boxers. Before the fight, remember all the things he is saying to our Pacman, he even made a rap insulting Pacquiao.

dapat pala nag train na din si Mayweather Jr. para magkasunod sila ni Hatton, next fighter please, this one's out, para tumahimik si Sr.

ang reason na lang na nakikita ko bakit ganun si Sr. bukod sa yabang is he still thinks he's son is the best, coz he doesn't even compliment Pacquiao.

Sana si Mayweather Jr. na kasunod, pleeeaaaassse.

Mayweather Sr. is just replicating the antics of Muhammad Ali's rahrah boy na ang trabaho mag trash talk (forgot his name-he coined the phrase "float like and butterfly, sting like a bee" referring to the style of Ali) but the main difference is that his boxers kept losing the big fights. To the credit of Sr., what was heard through the mike during the 1 round break was he was instructing Hatton to weave his head left to right on what they agreed upon since day 1 of training. Hatton did not follow his instructions or maybe he got wacked by Pacman early in the 1st round that Hatton had to abandon the plan. Its hard kasi, when fighting the likes of Manny, that you stick to your plans. Manny is a two dimentional fighter. Mayweather's tactics is just for publicity. Nagpapapansin pero walang pumapansin. Ni anak niya, ayaw siyang pansinin (baka napapahiya sa mga binibitawang mga salita).

Basta Congrats manny.. thanks for making our country proud again.. thanks for keeping our hopes high ... hopes that anything is possible..

Shame on those politicians who are just f*!king users... pasilipip silip pa sa likod ung ugok na taga ilocos.. kababain ka !!!.. mga politicos who used the event and tax payers money to promote themselves for the coming elections.. di kami bobo!!!

LAS VEGAS – Many expected Manny Pacquiao to win Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Nobody expected it to be so quick, so brutal.

Especially Ricky Hatton’s fans.

The Hatton band, full of forlorn faces, slowly meandered around the media center after Hatton’s second-round knockout defeat. Its members were largely unable to muster even a smile when taking a picture with a Hatton fan.

“Stunned,” is how one member of the band described the feeling. “Didn’t expect it would be so fast.”

See, these fans knew Hatton could lose. They just didn’t necessarily believe it.

“There’s only one Ricky Hatton!,” the fans would chant to the tune of “Winter Wonderland.” They beat their drums, and they drowned out the announcers and anything else they didn’t want to hear. This was their fighter, their life.

And all the cockiness the affable Hatton refused to display, these fans happily compensated for with unabashed enthusiasm. They stood and screamed and chanted here all weekend, during the undercard Saturday night and throughout the main event until the very last second.

You know, the 2:59 mark of the second round.

A smaller but just as passionate nation of Pacquiao fans exploded while Hatton’s army fell into silence as their fighter fell to the canvas. And as referee Kenny Bayless waived his arm, as Pacquiao retreated to his corner to pray and then celebrate, all these fans from U.K. could do was stare in shock as Hatton’s camp rushed into the ring to tend to their fighter laying motionless on his back.

Even in the face of defeat, even stricken with the initial uncertainty surrounding their hero’s health, many of the fans could think of nothing else to do than again offer a chant.

“There’s only one Ricky Hatton …”

For what they saw, they still couldn’t believe.

They had crossed an ocean, painted their faces, spent who knows how many paychecks and rearranged their lives for this fight, only to see it end all too fast, all too stunningly.

“Vegas makes [the trip] worth it, but I don’t know about the fight,” said Hatton fan Gavin Levey, who traveled from Scotland.

The Hatton supporters weren’t the only ones coming from long distances for the fight. Pacquiao is as much of a hero in the Philippines as England’s Hatton is in the U.K., if not more so. And those fans, filled with that same pride, that same emotion, were rewarded in seeing their fighter offer a stunning, potentially career-defining (for now) performance.

Even the Hatton fans could appreciate this.

“We’re disappointed, but at the end of the day, Manny was great,” said Levey, draped in a Union Jack flag.

Said fellow fan Cameron Stark: “We’ve seen the greatest fighter ever.”

That remains to be seen. Perhaps an eventual bout between Pacquiao and the newly unretired Floyd Mayweather Jr. will help determine that.

But Hatton’s future is less clear. Promoter Bob Arum said Hatton will be fine, that he told him not to be discouraged, that he still has more bouts to win. But Hatton’s weaknesses were exposed Saturday night. And that wasn’t lost on his fans.

“Ricky should say enough is enough,” Lewis Baird said.

It was hard not to feel for these fans. Still, Stark, Baird and Levey had a couple of chants left in them hours after the fight. But some Pacquiao fans made it their own.

“There’s only one Manny Pacquiao!”

By Jonathan Baum, Yahoo! Sports

post-188859-1241352171.jpg

READ THIS ARTICLE..

Mayweather vs Marquez Quotes

FLOYD MAYWEATHER On his comeback: “Credentials don’t lie and my record speaks for itself. I was in the sport 11 years and I was a champion for 10 years. I left on top, and I am coming back on top. I am ready to reclaim what’s mine. I am the king and no one has taken my crown. I am back because the sport of boxing needs me and the fans want me to. Everywhere I go, they go crazy. Some day someone might shut my mouth, but right now I am going to talk. I am the top dog and I am back in the spotlight. I am Pay-Per-View king. Oscar has some great numbers. But since I won that fight, so I get to count those. People keep asking me, who do you think is going to win tonight? Pacquiao or Hatton? Tonight any man can win. It’s a gamble. If you want some ‘for sure money,’ just put it under your mattress until July 18th and bet on Money Mayweather.

“When I go to the gym and lace my gloves, I think about both of my sons, both of my daughters and my mother and I try to be the best that I can be. I go out there and focus on what I’ve got to do. I am in tremendous shape. I have been running seven to eight miles a day. I am ready physically and mentally. If you lost before you can lose again. If you have never lost, than fighters don’t have the anecdote to beat you..

“I have to adjust. If you are a real fighter you will adjust and adapt. I am going to be smart. I have dominated every fighter they have put in front of me from 130 pounds on up. There have been fighters who are bigger than me, but I have made smart moves. My body has good chemistry and I am able to equal every fighter I fight.

“I don’t change for fighters, fighters change for me.”

On Marquez:

“He is a good small man but I am a great big man.

“I have never seen another fighter get knocked out three times and come back for a draw and honestly, in my opinion, Juan Manuel Marquez beat Manny Pacquiao twice.

“You know he is going to bring his A game and I am going to bring my A game.

“You can’t claim you are one of the best without fighting Mexican fighters.

“We want to show the world what you can do in a recession. De la Hoya- Pacquiao showed you what they could do in a recession.”

On Boxing:

“To everyone who is coming out and supporting boxing, we really appreciate it. Boxing is number one and the sport is here to stay.

“The main thing in boxing is that it takes skills. We have other sports that think they are bigger and better than us, but we make the most money. In other sports, you can come off of the street and be the best. In boxing you must dedicate yourself.

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ

“I am very excited for this fight. I want to thank Floyd Mayweather for giving me the opportunity to fight against him.

“Right now I want to be the best fighter and to be the best you have to fight the best.

“Pacquiao keeps running from me. And he doesn’t want to face me a third time he just keeps running away. So, I decided to fight the very very best and that is Floyd Mayweather.

“Mayweather has been out for almost two years and obviously I feel that I have an advantage. That is a long layoff.

“In those two years, I have had three very important wins against three very important fighters. That gives me the ultimate advantage.”

LEONARD ELLERBE, CEO of Mayweather Promotions

“The king is back. This is truly one of the most anticipated returns in boxing for quite some time.

“Floyd is the face of boxing, the best fighter in the world. He left the best, and he is returning as the best.

“Floyd has been recognized as a global champion for a number of years. No matter where he goes, people always say the same thing, ‘Champ, when are you coming back?’

“With all of the achievements Floyd had achieved over the years, he is the only fighter who has truly transcended the sport. Starting out with Dancing with the Stars, the WWE (WrestleMania) and now we have the number one commercial out in the country. He has done so many things as a boxer, and now he is a true entertainer.

“Floyd has always had a tremendous amount of respect for all of the fighters out there. I know he has a lot of respect for Mr. Marquez.

(To Marquez) “You have to be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.”

OSCAR DE LA HOYA, President of Golden Boy Promotions

“I am getting used to being a promoter. It is fun and it doesn’t hurt.

“Let me tell you one thing when I fought Pacquiaio, the media kept saying ‘The bigger man is going to win.’ Can we believe now that the bigger man is always going to win?

“When I fought Floyd it was a competitve fight. When I fought Pacquiao he stopped me. When Pacquiao fought Marquez, Marquez beat him. I don’t care what people say. Don’t believe that the bigger man is always going to win.

“Juan Manuel Marquez can never ever be counted out, even if he is facing the number one pound-for-pound fighter.”

RICHARD SCHAEFER, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions

“Floyd Mayweather’s back and he’s back to fight the best. He is coming back not just to fight someone, but to fight the one numero uno, Juan Manuel Marquez.

“Marquez, who beat Manny Pacquiao not once but twice is right there at the top of the pound-for-pound list. Not to mention he owns the title of being called numero uno, simply the best.

“I am going to start calling Mayweather ‘Triple M’ which stands for Mainstream Money Mayweather. He has become not only one of the most recognizable fighters in the sport of boxing, but one of the most recognized athletes in the world.”

Mayweather vs. Marquez “Number One/Numero Uno” will take place Saturday, July 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and live on HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Information on ticket availability will be made available shortly.

Pacquiao-Mayweather

Will Mayweather Avoid The Unavoidable Fight?

by James Slater - First of all, let's all be thankful that Ricky Hatton is fine physically. Taken to hospital immediately after suffering the most brutal KO seen this year so as to be given a brain scan, Hatton was given an all-clear. Second of all, let's congratulate the man who just might be the finest lower-weight fighter of his era, in the sublime Manny Pacquiao, for doing such an amazing job..

Sure, some fans will be saying right now that they knew all along "Pac-Man" would do to "The Hitman" what he did last night at The MGM Grand in Las Vegas; and that the result is not worth getting all that excited about. And maybe some fans did predict the fight spot on. This writer, however, does not mind admitting he did not see Pacquiao annihilating Hatton so quickly. And what a brutal left hand shot to the chin that was! Has Manny ever scored a more chilling KO?

Yes, "Pac-Man" was the favourite, but the way he handled Hatton like no other fighter ever has was truly shocking to at least myself. I never saw a 2-round stoppage coming, not at all. What we all did see coming, though, was the ring return of the also-great Floyd Mayweather Junior - who announced his ring return yesterday, also in Las Vegas. Knowing he would miss the spotlight, it was a good bet indeed that the 32-year-old "Money" would not make his December 2007 retirement stick. But is Mayweather coming back to do what we all want him to? Will he face Pacquiao in the fight all of boxing wants/needs to see?

In the history of this great sport there have been a number of must-be-made fights; pairings that simply had to happen. Without going overboard, Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather is a fight that must be ranked right near the top of such a list. Mayweather claims he is the finest fighter of his era, if not of all-time. To make people come anywhere close to agreeing with him he must fight and defeat the deadly Filipino southpaw who carries lethal power and almost sickening speed of hand. As for the humble and gracious 30-year-old who would take the fight in a heartbeat simply because he fears no man, if he were able to defeat Mayweather, especially by stoppage, his place in history would perhaps reside in the top-twenty or so greatest fighters of all-time.

It's clear to see, then, how huge, how important, and how vital this fight is. What we are talking about is a battle that would decide who the finest lower weight (say featherweight to welterweight) boxer of the last quarter century or more was.

The fight should be one that is not too hard to make. Mayweather has agreed to box Juan Manuel Marquez at 144-pounds in his July comeback fight, therefore there is no reason he could not make a similar agreement regarding a fight with Pacquiao. 144 would not be a step too far for "Pac-Man" and, as he has shown by already agreeing to box at the weight, 144 would be no step too low for "Money."

Everything's peachy, then, right? Well, as we all know, it's rarely as simple as that in boxing. But, as has been proven in the past, if two fighters really want to get it on - and Mayweather and Pacquiao will surely not have lost the importance of their meeting up - they find a way to do so. It really would be an absolute travesty if these two boxing masters did not clash. With so many factors to debate when picking a winner, the build-up to this one would generate literally millions of opinions, articles and rabid arguments. And then we would have the actual bout to sit back and enjoy.

Power Vs. Speed, speed Vs. speed, southpaw Vs. orthodox, brash Vs. humble, skill Vs. skill. What's not to like about this fight?

Right now, the only thing I can think of is the thought of it not happening.

What's wrong with that fight? Hatton's strategy...obviously he didnt expect a lot of things from Pacquiao, he didnt expect him to be THAT fast, and he never expected the right hooks which wore him down. You see that in the first round when he started trying to counter Manny's combos and failed miserably....then he panicked and lost all his defenses. Shame. In the end I think even if Hatton and Pacquiao are on the same strength levels, It's Pacqiao's smarts, speed and discipline that won the day. Hatton needs to learn that if he hopes to come back to the ring.

As for this "Gayweather" - he's a nuisance and Hatton ought to have fired him! Obviously, he didnt do his homework and didnt "drill the strategy" in (Ricky's) head enough to last more than a shameful 2 rounds.

Kudos to Manny. This is what Filipino is known for around the world - disciplined, fast, silent, but will exceed ALL expectations. Its a day we're proud to be in his side.

WTF? Does mayweather think he is still the king of this sport? t#ang%na! after what happened today, kahit di siya nagretire, sasapawan pa din siya ni pacquiao sa pound for pound rankings. Now that he is out of retirement, I am half sure that Pacquiao-Mayweather will happen. Unless he pussies out again the way he did with cotto.

Did you guys see that hand speed? That was unbelievable! I have never seen anything like it. Kahit slow motion, ang bilis pa din. I mean seriously, who the hell could protect himself from a hand like that? You got to have crazy reflexes to be able to duck something like that. And not to mention, those punches were landed so accurately. And mindo you having a combination of speed and accuracy in your punches is no easy task. This is what he needs to penetrate PBFs defensive game. Well? he also needs a couple of other tactics in his arsenal. But heck like I said, almost no type of defensive game will neutralize a hand speed like that. Perhaps only a good reflex.

Obviously nahirapan na si Manny sa 130 kaya di na knockout si barrera at marquez. But now manny just keeps getting better and better with each fight, he has found a weight range he is comfortable at, and boy oh boy! Manny is now surpassing the legacy of Roy Jones, PBF, and who knows maybe ODLH.

Congratulations manny

While I think that it is still a bit of a stretch (that Manny is the greatest whoever lived) there is no more doubt that Manny is one of the most LIKABLE champions. He is innately humble, while still being confident. He does not trash talk, even his badly beaten opponents. He is a genuinely likable guy. Makes me prouder that he is representing all of us PINOYS! Mabuhay Pacman.

Sa lahat ng kumontra, ngek ngek nyo! Mga utak talangka. Manalo matalo, sa Pinoy ako. t#ang%na yan... kumampi ba naman sa kalaban, kung hindi kayo isa't kalahating gago. Buti nga sa inyo. Sana natalo kayo ng malaki sa pustahan. You all f#&king deserve it.

Dude, yaan mo na sila at hwag na natin sil. Huwag na natin sila husgahan komo kay hatton sila pumusta. Alalahanin mo na me mga manchurians na kay pacquiao pumusta. Its just a boxing match nothing more.

Nung laban ni Gerry kay Juama Lopez, I knew Juama would win. But that dont mean I have no Love for gerry as a filipino. He still fought well kahit naman alam kong matatalo talaga siya

meron pang isa diyan na maingay ang bunganga bukod kay

mayweather sr. - si juan manuel marquez sinasabi niya lagi,

"MANNY KEEPS RUNNING AWAY FROM ME", pinalalabas ni

Marquez na natatakot si Manny sa kanya.

Unang una, mukhang mas lumakas pa ngayon ang katawan

ni Manny (still peaking, kumbaga), at isa pa, sabi ni Manny

kahit sino lalabanan niya, yun nga lang di niya hawak kung

sino susunod na kalaban niya. at isa pa, ayaw ni Bob arum

magharap sila at isa lang ang dahilan - small time fight

lang kalaban si marquez, kumbaga walang malaking kwarta

makukuha. at sinasabi ng mga mayweather at dela hoya

na nanalo daw si marquez sa nakaraang 2 laban nila ni