PacMan's Corner

menime

Again, I am a BIG PACMAN fan... but for crissakes, enough of this over-the-top mad adulation!!! Kada laban na lang ba kailangan meron motorcade yung tao? WTF?! Tsaka eto na naman tayo, sobra na naman TV coverage, kaya hayun, pati ermats ni Pacman naging drama queen na rin. Susmaryosep naman... medyo baryotic pa rin mentallity talaga ng Pinoy 'no?

Again, I LOVE PACMAN. Pero putsa, hindi mo ako mapa-pa-bilad sa araw para hintayin ang motorcade niya.

ang mahirap pa sa nanay ni pacman eh parang kulto kung manamit at magsalita... masyadong OA :thumbsupsmiley:

Manny is saying one thing and doing another. Sabi nya lalaban s'ya kahit araw-araw para lang sa pagkakaisa ng mga Pilipino or something to that effect pero obvious naman na may nad-udyok sa kanya para 'wag tanggapin ang victory parade na ibibigay sana sa kanya ni Mayor Fred Lim ng City of Manila, sa tingin ba n'ya nakaka-contribute 'yon sa pagkakaisang sinasabi nya? Lumitaw tuloy na he holds a grudge with Mayor Lim for demolishing his stalls in Baywalk at sa pag-singil sa kanya ni Lim ng tax due to the city government at na-pulitika na ang kasikatan ni Manny. Tingin ko naman, si lito atienza ang isa sa mga nag-sulsol ke Manny para gawin 'yon, dahil isa ito sa mga naunang sumalubong agad sa kanya pagdating n'ya. Sana 'wag pagamit si Manny lalo na sa mga politikong ina-ayawan na ng mga tao gaya ni atienza at kay gloria macapagal-arroyo, atienza ayaw na ng mga taga-Manila sa 'yo at sa pamilya mo kaya pati manugang mo na si miles roces talo :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well huwag ka din masyado pakakasiguro. Alalahanin mo there was Luisito espinosa, Mike Tyson, and Leon Spinks. Kung mga tycoons nga nalulugi at bumabagsak din, si Manny pa kaya na boksing lang ang alam gawin? It may not even be a matter of fact, but a matter of time. But Im giiving the pacman, the benefit of the doubt here. Sana nga marunongsiyang mag-alaga ng pera nya.

But the thing he should be worried about are the company he keeps. It happened to Julius Ceasar, It happened to Joseph Estrada, and it can happen to him. Remember his lawyers f#&ked him in that top rank golden boy deal? Pano mas swapang yung abugado kesa sa cliente. Remember also malacañang f#&ked him also with that refund on his campaign expenses. Not to mention his campaign managers stole money from him.

That is not accounting his life style of gambling pa. Kaya nga sana nga makinig si Manny sa tamang payo at hindi malason ang isip nya kung kani kanino lang. Because if not it will be his end, all because he gave "loyalty" to the wrong people.

I do hope ituloy nya yung plano nya mag-aral. Education will definetly do him good. Personally, I dont want him to end up as a washed up prized fighter

And if i may add, the bad boy from Dadiangas Rolando Navarete. Sikat na sikat dati si Navarete and he always received an accolades from then President Ferdinand Marcos whenever he could come home victorious, but look at what happened to him. I concur with what the above-poster had stated in his view and/or opinion that Pacman should be worried or even wary of the company he keeps. Just look at what transpired during his preparations for the bout with Barrera, he suddenly went back to the Philippines for no clear reason behind it which makes one think that there are factions in the Pacquiao camp.

Manny is saying one thing and doing another. Sabi nya lalaban s'ya kahit araw-araw para lang sa pagkakaisa ng mga Pilipino or something to that effect pero obvious naman na may nad-udyok sa kanya para 'wag tanggapin ang victory parade na ibibigay sana sa kanya ni Mayor Fred Lim ng City of Manila, sa tingin ba n'ya nakaka-contribute 'yon sa pagkakaisang sinasabi nya? Lumitaw tuloy na he holds a grudge with Mayor Lim for demolishing his stalls in Baywalk at sa pag-singil sa kanya ni Lim ng tax due to the city government at na-pulitika na ang kasikatan ni Manny. Tingin ko naman, si lito atienza ang isa sa mga nag-sulsol ke Manny para gawin 'yon, dahil isa ito sa mga naunang sumalubong agad sa kanya pagdating n'ya. Sana 'wag pagamit si Manny lalo na sa mga politikong ina-ayawan na ng mga tao gaya ni atienza at kay gloria macapagal-arroyo, atienza ayaw na ng mga taga-Manila sa 'yo at sa pamilya mo kaya pati manugang mo na si miles roces talo :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well huwag ka din masyado pakakasiguro. Alalahanin mo there was Luisito espinosa, Mike Tyson, and Leon Spinks. Kung mga tycoons nga nalulugi at bumabagsak din, si Manny pa kaya na boksing lang ang alam gawin? It may not even be a matter of fact, but a matter of time. But Im giiving the pacman, the benefit of the doubt here. Sana nga marunongsiyang mag-alaga ng pera nya.

But the thing he should be worried about are the company he keeps. It happened to Julius Ceasar, It happened to Joseph Estrada, and it can happen to him. Remember his lawyers f#&ked him in that top rank golden boy deal? Pano mas swapang yung abugado kesa sa cliente. Remember also malacañang f#&ked him also with that refund on his campaign expenses. Not to mention his campaign managers stole money from him.

That is not accounting his life style of gambling pa. Kaya nga sana nga makinig si Manny sa tamang payo at hindi malason ang isip nya kung kani kanino lang. Because if not it will be his end, all because he gave "loyalty" to the wrong people.

I do hope ituloy nya yung plano nya mag-aral. Education will definetly do him good. Personally, I dont want him to end up as a washed up prized fighter

And if i may add, the bad boy from Dadiangas Rolando Navarete. Sikat na sikat dati si Navarete and he always received an accolades from then President Ferdinand Marcos whenever he could come home victorious, but look at what happened to him. I concur with what the above-poster had stated in his view and/or opinion that Pacman should be worried or even wary of the company he keeps. Just look at what transpired during his preparations for the bout with Barrera, he suddenly went back to the Philippines for no clear reason behind it which makes one think that there are factions in the Pacquiao camp.

Manny is simple man.

If he says that he is fighting for all Pinoys for unity.... deep in his heart... he really believes that he is.

Syempre, ibang usapan na yan for all the political pinheads that surround him.

They of all people should know better.

Manny is but a man, granted that he is indeed a gifted athlete with a huge heart...BUT... (to paraphrase skitz) pareho lang natin syang mabaho ang t**!

At the least, his story is inspirational or (should i dare say it) something to be emulated by the masses...

BUT DEFINITELY

hindi si pacman ang mag-aahon sa hirap sa mga pinoy!

sa tingin ko, pag nahihirapan na si manny manatili sa 130 lbs. , panahon na para

magretiro habang nananalo pa siya. huwag na siyang umakyat sa 135 lbs. division,

masyado nang malalakas at malalaki ang mga kalaban dun kumpara sa "LIIT" ng

"BONE STRUCTURE" ni manny sa mga boksingero ng 135 lbs. , eh mahirap nang

makipagsapalaran, Oo nga merong killer punch si manny pero hindi na eh pag- dating sa

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION. Tutal marami na siyang naipong pera, sa 130 lbs. na lang

siya lumaban at pagdating ng panahong hindi na niya kaya sa 130 lbs. magpahinga na

siya at yung sinasabi niyang gusto niya makatapos ng pag-aaral ituloy na niya yun,

habang BUO pa ang takbo ng utak niya at malakas pa katawan niya. AT SIYEMPRE,

PARA MA-ENJOY NA NIYA YUNG MGA PERA NIYA, huwag na siya magpa-uto sa kung

sino man yang buntot ng buntot sa kanya diyan !

sa tingin ko, pag nahihirapan na si manny manatili sa 130 lbs. , panahon na para

magretiro habang nananalo pa siya. huwag na siyang umakyat sa 135 lbs. division,

masyado nang malalakas at malalaki ang mga kalaban dun kumpara sa "LIIT" ng

"BONE STRUCTURE" ni manny sa mga boksingero ng 135 lbs. , eh mahirap nang

makipagsapalaran, Oo nga merong killer punch si manny pero hindi na eh pag- dating sa

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION. Tutal marami na siyang naipong pera, sa 130 lbs. na lang

siya lumaban at pagdating ng panahong hindi na niya kaya sa 130 lbs. magpahinga na

siya at yung sinasabi niyang gusto niya makatapos ng pag-aaral ituloy na niya yun,

habang BUO pa ang takbo ng utak niya at malakas pa katawan niya. AT SIYEMPRE,

PARA MA-ENJOY NA NIYA YUNG MGA PERA NIYA, huwag na siya magpa-uto sa kung

sino man yang buntot ng buntot sa kanya diyan !

In his recent interview, joke lang daw sa camp nila na nahirapan siya abutin yung 130 lbs.

Other thoughts:

-Sayang yung hinanda ni Lim. I can imagine the float, the traffic re-routing, the welcoming reception, -all gone to waste.

-Ang cute talaga ni DARLENE. :D

National pride in sports

October 13, 2007 00:21:00

Mahar Mangahas

Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines -- If you feel proud, dear reader, not of Manny Pacquiao specifically, but of your country's general achievements in sports, then you are a normal Filipino, and a normal human being. You are one of 84 percent (as of 2003) of adult Filipinos who feel likewise.

In 2003, the percentages of various nationalities proud of their country in the realm of sports were: Ireland 95, New Zealand 93, Venezuela 92, Hungary 90, Australia 89, South Korea 88, Latvia 86, Czech Republic 85, Slovak Republic 85, United States 85, Philippines 84, Canada 84, Japan 84, Slovenia 84, Austria 82, South Africa 81, Spain 81, Sweden 81, Bulgaria 79, Germany (East) 79, Portugal 79, Norway 74, Uruguay 72, Chile 70, Denmark 69, Russia 68, Poland 67, Switzerland 66, Germany (West) 65, Great Britain 63, France 61, Finland 52, Taiwan 47, Israel (Jews) 40, and Israel (Arabs) 39.

In 32 out of 35 nationalities, majorities are proud of their country's achievements in sports. Filipinos are quite normal, only slightly above the median of 81 percent. We are as proud as Americans, and far prouder than our billiards rivals, the Taiwanese.

The statistics cited are from the 2003 module on National Identity of the International Social Survey Program (ISSP), which does a cross-country survey every year. ISSP global datasets are available for public research at the SWS Survey Data Library. SWS did 16 ISSP surveys over 1991-2006. It is now soliciting sponsors for the forthcoming 2007 ISSP Survey on Leisure Time and Sports in the Philippines.

Sources of pride. The ISSP National Identity module probed into 10 potential sources of national pride. Here are the national percentages feeling Very/Somewhat Proud of the Philippines, by source, in two (1995 and 2003) surveys on national identity:

Thus sports and history have been the top two sources of Filipino pride. A close third is arts/literature.

For 7 of the 10 (in 2003) categories, most Filipinos are proud of the country. But, in the bottom three categories, less than half are proud. In the top 7 the numbers either rose or were stable over 1995-2003. In the bottom 3--economic achievements, social security, and world influence--the numbers dropped.

Social class. Filipinos in the middle-to-upper (ABC) classes are particularly proud about our country's history; on this they scored 91 percent in 2003. Their pride is similar to that of the D and E classes when it comes to Filipino achievements in arts/literature and sports.

But, on all the other things, the ABCs are much less proud than the lower classes. In fact, for the categories armed forces and below, most ABCs are not proud of their country. Worst of all, only 23 percent of ABCs are proud of the Philippines' political influence in the world.

A source of insecurity. A feeling of having "political influence in the world" is a sense of having international respect. Its very low score as a source of Filipino pride marks it as our Achilles-heel.

I see this lack of pride, or sense of insecurity, in how Filipinos are treated in relation to other nationalities as behind the great indignation, especially among our ABC classes, over the "Desperate Housewives" gaffe. It recalls other offenses--the Filipina raped by an American sailor, the Filipina hanged in Singapore despite our President's plea for a short reprieve, the non-admittance of our Vice President to a party in Mexico because of a missing invitation card, the insistence that our Senate President remove his shoes for inspection at an American airport--against Filipino dignity.

Of course, Filipinos are not alone in feeling a lack of adequate international respect. In 2003, the percentages of various nationalities proud of their country's political influence in the world were: United States 74, Canada 68, Ireland 67, France 59, New Zealand 59, Australia 53, Great Britain 53, South Africa 53, Spain 53, Chile 53, Norway 52, Venezuela 52, Denmark 51, Switzerland 50, Germany (East) 49, Germany (West) 49, Israel (Arabs) 46, Austria 45, Sweden 40, Finland 38, Philippines 36, Poland 36, Israel (Jews) 35, Portugal 33, Uruguay 33, Russia 32, Slovenia 32, Japan 29, Hungary 27, Czech Republic 25, Latvia 25, Slovak Republic 20, Taiwan 20, South Korea 16, and Bulgaria 15.

Thus, in only 14 of the 35 surveyed nationalities do half or more of the citizens feel proud of their country's political standing in the world. Expectedly, Americans are the most confident. South Africans and Venezuelans, despite being mostly poor people, are also mostly proud of their international standing. Interestingly, Arab Israelis are more confident than Jewish Israelis.

We Filipinos are not at the very bottom, but rank 21st. I did not expect so few Russians to be confident about their standing. There are 14 nationalities, including Japanese, Taiwanese and South Koreans, who--whether they express themselves openly or not--may be even more sensitive than we are to cross-national breaches of respect.

http://inquirer.net/specialfeatures/ThePac...=20071013-94177

may mga abnoy kaya dito?

Edited by bret_hart

Hay naku, my thoughts on the guy

Well Its no secret at matagal ko ng sinabi that I do not believe he is fighting for our country. He is figthing for money period! All that fancy speech about "pagkakaisa" was a marketing strategy so wed buy all the product he endorses, but most of all so that we would all subscribe to PPV.

Dati rati ni hindi gagastos pinoy for a movie ticket, manonood na lang sa pirated. Pero make them believe that by supporting manny they support the philippines, na ang tagumpay ni manny, tagumpay ng pinoy, everybody shells out 500 pesos per ticket to watch the bout.

Kawawa talaga pilipinas without manny pacquiao its nothing but a third world country.

But I can respect what a man does for a living. I agree that in a way he should be an inspiration, but come on we are over rating the guy. Lets not make him into something he is not. He is a boxer period. Tingin ko hindi ang mga critics nya ang sumisira sa kanya kung di yung mga taong masyadong naglalagay sa kanya sa pedestal

Tawa ako ng tawa sa pacquaio ara mina issue. Ang mga showbiz reporters nga naman oh, kahit kumalkal ng ebak mkagawa lang ng issue para tumaas ratings, gagawin.

The only reason malilink si Manny kay Ara ay dahil sikat siya period. Eh itsurang itsura pa lang ni hindi papasang taga bitbit ng tsinelas ni Ara si Manny Pacquiao.

Oh come on people, MP has many outstanding qualities, but if you say he is handsome, then you are a liar!

Sino ba maniniwalang papatulan ni Ara Mina si Manny Pacquaio kung di naman siya ganun kasikat? Eh kahit pa me sex video sila I doubt it kung kakagatin yan ng mga baklang showbiz reporters.

Kahit magdamit pa ng mamahalin si manny, wala pa din siyang pinagkaiba sa mga kargador sa divisoria kung pagtatabihin. Pero Ok lang yan, di naman nakukuha sa porma o pagwapuhan ang boksing eh.

Pero untill he has that belt on his waist plaplastikin lagi siya ni Boy Abunda at Kris at sasabihang gwapo siya

Sasabihan ng GMA talent center na magaling siyang kumanta kahit pa ni isang nota hindi tumatama

I think that Manny is not just fighting for money but for the country as well. kahit nga si Barrera sabi nya before the fight e the Philippines will be shocked. imagine, he's aware na dala ni Manny ang Pilipinas ie he represents our country everytime he fights. This is not to take away that he's fighting for the money. of course, kaya nga sya nag boxing para maiahon ang family niya e swinerte ang kolokoy, he got more than he wished for.

Ang ayaw ko lang ke MP, i think with all the fame and wealth he has now, kala nya ay matutuwa ang mga tao sa kanya kung anumang larangan ang pasukin niya. take for instance, politics. he failed. now what's he's trying to do? nag-aaral. for what? para masabing me degree sya sa pol sci (pol sci nga ba?) and then ticket na nya to para tumakbo uli???

He should stick to boxing. period... and make the most out of it while he's still in his prime. and after boxing, he can live the rest of his life with all the millions he got and just take care of his family and businesses. kung gusto nya mas bagay na associated sya with boxing even after retirement- set up foundations, charities, build boxing gyms, etc., tulungan yung mga kapuspalad nating mga boksingero. hindi yung magiging artista sya, gagawa ng sine, mag proproduce pa. tapos kakanta pa. di pa ba sya kuntento sa mga San Miguel commercials niya? dun pa lang ay set na sya for life. so what more does he want? so medyo nalasing na ata sya sa fame and wealth niya. and so i think many people are taking advantage of the guy like GMA station na kahit hindi naman bagay sa showbiz ay pinatulan pa rin nila and of course, our beloved president GMA. kala naman ni GMA, tataas ang rating nya everytime ine endorse sya ni MP.

Edited by wizard23

Dami nyo nabola ni Manny.....Ok lang i cheer nyo si manny pero kalokohan na laban ng mga pinoy yan......

Kasi once simula matalo yan eh magkakalimutan na.....mga pinoy pa naman madali makalimot......

Remember The Hawaian Punch Brian Villoria.......Dinedma na ng Channel 2 and Channel 7 :lol: Kahit nga dito wala na nagpopost about him.....

So ang boxing eh boxing lang.....wag nyo masyado dibdibin.....

Ako mas matuwa na bumababa ang dolyar......Pag umabot ng 20 pesos ang 1 dollars sobrang saya ko......Pag naging 10 pesos magwawala ako sa tuwa......Pag naging 2 pesos.....UNREAL :lol:

Edited by edc
Dami nyo nabola ni Manny.....Ok lang i cheer nyo si manny pero kalokohan na laban ng mga pinoy yan......

Kasi once simula matalo yan eh magkakalimutan na.....mga pinoy pa naman madali makalimot......

Remember The Hawaian Punch Brian Villoria.......Dinedma na ng Channel 2 and Channel 7 :lol: Kahit nga dito wala na nagpopost about him.....

So ang boxing eh boxing lang.....wag nyo masyado dibdibin.....

Ako mas matuwa na bumababa ang dolyar......Pag umabot ng 20 pesos ang 1 dollars sobrang saya ko......Pag naging 10 pesos magwawala ako sa tuwa......Pag naging 2 pesos.....UNREAL :lol:

Hell yeah! A boxer is as good as his last fight. I hope Manny learns to quit while he is still ahead

Will Manny ever become penniless? Hmmm... Navarette, Espinosa... both professional boxing world title holders... now both penniless. Navarette is a beggar. Espinosa is a dishwasher in the US.

But is that really a fair comparison? If you combine the total career earnings of the two (Espinosa and Navarette), they would not amount to ONE Manny Pacquiao fight (since he beat M. Barrera the first time). Manny's last paycheck is around 5 M USD. Luisito Espinosa's biggest paycheck is around 150 K USD. No match... even if you factor in inflation. Manny is on a league all his own. Espinosa would probably have made more money if he was Manny Pacquiao's sparring mate.

The closest Filipino big moneymaker is Gabriel Flash Elorde. And today, even after his death so many years ago, his children are still profiting from the investments he's made. Elorde owns a COLISEUM (!) ... and houses...

It is possible for Manny to lose all his fotune still... but it will take MONUMENTAL STUPIDITY for that to happen. Let us pray that he is NOT that stupid.

WBC: Marquez must defend crown vs Pacquiao

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...rticle_id=95140

Inquirer

Last updated 03:44am (Mla time) 10/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- The World Boxing Council has issued another call for super featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez of Mexico to defend his title against Filipino star Manny Pacquiao in his next fight.

Marquez is slated to defend his title against Rocky Juarez on Nov. 3, and should he come out victorious, WBC president Jose Sulaiman wants him to stake his 130-lb title against Pacquiao.

If Juarez pulls off an upset, Sulaiman said he would also be mandated to defend against the Filipino boxing icon.

Sulaiman told Boxingscene in an interview that he believes that Marquez and Pacquiao are willing to fight each other again despite failed efforts to bring both fighters together in the ring.

“If he (Manny) declines for a third time, then I think he doesn’t want to fight Marquez, and we have to go our way,” noted Sulaiman.

Sulaiman said the Marquez-Pacquiao rematch should be held in the first quarter of 2008 “because there are no other television dates for the rest of the year, and they cannot do without the television, because it’s a big money fight. So I believe that’s going to be a great opportunity at the beginning of the year.”

The WBC had also ordered Marquez to fight Pacquiao in a mandatory defense after his dethronement of Marco Antonio Barrera early in the year.

But the Marquez and Pacquiao camps couldn’t agree on the purse and the Filipino ended up fighting Barrera again and winning their rematch by unanimous decision last Oct. 7.

Marquez came back from three knockdowns in the first round to forge a draw with Pacquiao in his defense of the World Boxing Association-International Boxing Federation featherweight title in 2004.

Meanwhile, Sulaiman also announced that after the WBC Convention in Manila, the WBC is going to hold two separate tributes to acknowledge the brilliant careers of Erik Morales and Barrera.

For Morales, the plan is to hold the celebration in his hometown of Tijuana in Mexico.

Barrera wants it either in Mexico City or Guadalajara, which is his current home.

The WBC has made it a point not to hold both affairs in one venue owing to the bad blood between the two boxing legends.

“If they don’t like each other, and there is so much controversy between them, I believe that it would be cynicism if we do the ceremony for both at the same time. So definitely the events will be separate,” explained Sulaiman. Salven L. Lagumbay, contributor

I can't really blame Manny for not being too excited about fighting JMM. As proven in their first fight, JMM's style of contra-tiempo is a hard problem for Manny to solve. And in the last 6 or so fights of his career, why risk all the potential mega-buck fights he can do if he maintains the air of invincibility he now exudes? I'd say, he is better off bundling off that tricycle-driver-demolisher Valero first (an easy win I think), then maybe go up in the lightweight, and fight a mediocre lightweight first, before going for the belt. Let the JMM problem be solved by someone else, then fight that someone else (who can beat JMM) in another mega-buck fight. If JMM keeps his title for another 2-3 fights, only then will it be UNAVOIDABLE for Manny to face that BIG PROBLEM.

I can't really blame Manny for not being too excited about fighting JMM. As proven in their first fight, JMM's style of contra-tiempo is a hard problem for Manny to solve. And in the last 6 or so fights of his career, why risk all the potential mega-buck fights he can do if he maintains the air of invincibility he now exudes? I'd say, he is better off bundling off that tricycle-driver-demolisher Valero first (an easy win I think), then maybe go up in the lightweight, and fight a mediocre lightweight first, before going for the belt. Let the JMM problem be solved by someone else, then fight that someone else (who can beat JMM) in another mega-buck fight. If JMM keeps his title for another 2-3 fights, only then will it be UNAVOIDABLE for Manny to face that BIG PROBLEM.

Kung manalo daw si Juan Manuel kay Rocky eh no choice si Pacquiao na maglaban sila.....

Kung manalo daw si Juan Manuel kay Rocky eh no choice si Pacquiao na maglaban sila.....

Even without the belt, Manny is the golden-paycheck fighter of the moment. Of course Manny has a CHOICE! What is the WBC or WBA to do? Strip him of the belt (he is not holding)? Eto sina Sulaiman kasi, they want a piece of the action (money). Nagiging irrelevant na kasi ang mga title belts (ang dami kasing boxing governing councils). I am just hoping that Manny and his managers recognize this fact. I do want to see Manny fight JMM again (a good one I think)... but only after Manny puts more money in his bank account. Boxing is a cruel sport. It is a young man's game. Manny should do well to make hay while the sun still shines. I do not want him have the fate of Luisito Espinosa, trying to re-capture the glory that once was his, but failed to make the most of.

Will Manny ever become penniless? Hmmm... Navarette, Espinosa... both professional boxing world title holders... now both penniless. Navarette is a beggar. Espinosa is a dishwasher in the US.

But is that really a fair comparison? If you combine the total career earnings of the two (Espinosa and Navarette), they would not amount to ONE Manny Pacquiao fight (since he beat M. Barrera the first time). Manny's last paycheck is around 5 M USD. Luisito Espinosa's biggest paycheck is around 150 K USD. No match... even if you factor in inflation. Manny is on a league all his own. Espinosa would probably have made more money if he was Manny Pacquiao's sparring mate.

The closest Filipino big moneymaker is Gabriel Flash Elorde. And today, even after his death so many years ago, his children are still profiting from the investments he's made. Elorde owns a COLISEUM (!) ... and houses...

It is possible for Manny to lose all his fotune still... but it will take MONUMENTAL STUPIDITY for that to happen. Let us pray that he is NOT that stupid.

Well anybody who has established himself from rags to riches and stayed that way will tell you the same thing Im gonna say.

Its not just how much you earn but how you take care of what you earn. The more people earn the more they spend. Noong isang kahig at isang tuka pa lang si pacquiao ni hindi siguro yan pupusta ng singko sa tong-its. Pero ngaun 300K na talo sa sabong tinatawanan pa niya.

Di lang si espinosa at si Navarette, sali mo pa dyan si Mike Tyson, probably the highest paid heavyweight of all time, and he got bankrupt. Hindi lang so boxing, isama mo dyan sina MC hammer, and in a matter of time si brittney spears. Kahit ba madami kang investment kung di mo naman inaalagaan malulugi ka din, at gugulangan ka pa ng mga kasosyo mo.

What manny should do is get people that he can trust. Judge people by their character and credibility and not just by how much this people kiss his ass. He definetly should fire the lawyer that got him in that golden boy-top rank mess. Because obviously swapang yung abugadong yun at ginamit lang si manny para kumita. Hindi ba me balita pa na ninakawan siya ng isa sa mga campaign managers nya?

But I salute Manny for going back to school. I hope he is serious about it equally as boxing. Madaming gusto subukan si Manny pagmomodelo, pagiging singer, at pagiging artista, but of all that mabuti naman at gusto nya makapagtapos ng pagaaral. Thankfully somebody is giving this guy a good advice. At least he will get a title of which he will hold forver, because once that WBC belt is not on his waist no more, I doubt it kung maalala pa siya ng tao. Oh come on! don't give that filipino support bullshit. Susuportahan siya ng Pilipino hangang nananalo siya, at iiwan din pag nalaos na. They love him as long as he wins, but will hate him as soon as he starts loosing. Ngayon ba meron pa sa ating pumapansin kay Brian Villoria?