PacMan's Corner

menime

For the record, two (2) judges correctly scored 10-6, and only one judge scored 10-7. The judge that scored 10-7 admitted his mistake after the bout.

The correct score for the 1st round should have been 10-6. If a boxer lose a round, he gets 9 points, max. For every knockdown, he gets one point deduction. So in JMM's case, he lost the 1st round (is there any doubt here?) - 9 points, and got knocked down 3x (minus 3 from 9) so he should only have 6 for the 1st round.

For the official scoring rules, see and read it for yourself here:

Boxing Scoring

OFFICIAL Scoring rules?!?!?! I dont think that is OFFICIAL. And who the hell is that RevJim23?!?!? although the writings have a valid point, it is very dangerous to say that that is the "OFFICIAL SCORING RULES", I will have to disagree to that. The main reason why I said it is the discretion of the judge to give the round with a knockdown a 10-7 is because, aside from the fact that it is not written in the official rules of boxing by the WBC Championship bout, those are unwritten rules in scoring that is left for the judge's to decide...

For proper guidance, read a nice article here:

By the way, that is a nice article...

if my memory serves me right, 10-8 ang score ng isang judge.

No. Two judges scored it 10-6. The other one, Burt Clements, 10-7.

A minor controversy ensued when the third judge, Burt Clements, admitted his 10-7 score in the first round was a mistake. The other judges scored the first round 10-6, but Clements said he was under the impression at the time that the Nevada Athletic Commission didn’t want a judge to score a round 10-6.

Had Clements done so, and properly given Pacquiao the point for each of his three knockdowns, he would have had Pacquiao the winner by a point and Pacquiao would have taken a split decision.

Kevin Iole Article

OFFICIAL Scoring rules?!?!?! I dont think that is OFFICIAL. And who the hell is that RevJim23?!?!? although the writings have a valid point, it is very dangerous to say that that is the "OFFICIAL SCORING RULES", I will have to disagree to that. The main reason why I said it is the discretion of the judge to give the round with a knockdown a 10-7 is because, aside from the fact that it is not written in the official rules of boxing by the WBC Championship bout, those are unwritten rules in scoring that is left for the judge's to decide...

For proper guidance, read a nice article here:

By the way, that is a nice article...

Okay, my mistake, make it a "Guideline for Correctly Scoring a Boxing Round", happy now? :)

By the way, how about this quote

Kahit na isang beses or isang libong beses (hehehehe! imposible na ito malamang tapos na ang 3 minutes nun, heheheh) bumagsak ang isang boxer, 10-8 pa rin dapat yun,

I think that is a glaring misinformation.

Again, the judge who scored it 10-7 admitted his mistake that it should have been 10-6. That means if not for his assumption regarding the Nevada Athletic Commission, Burt Clements would have scored it 10-6.

Anyway, care for any prediction? Mine is Pacman will KO JMM within 8 rounds. Peace to everyone. Go Manny!

Edited by oracle_man

he might have admitted it, but it is not wrong to give 10-7 on that first round

well i also think that it should be 10-6 but what the hell, we arent the judges on that bout.

my theory is.. the officials saw that it was a really good fight and thought that a rematch would again earn millions of money, so they screwed the points to make it a draw. for a rubber match to be possible

theory ko lng hehe

my prediction, pacquiao wins by stoppage on round 1. well thats not really a prediction but its something that i want to happen. imagine how the boxing fans would react if they saw pacman really finishing the unfinished business, meaning the unfinished first round of their first fight lol

what i can really see is pacman winning by split decision

Edited by Fright

sana d mging kumpiyansa si manny na hindi sya kayang pabagsakin ni marquez, mataas din ang KO percentage ni marquez, he KOed jimrex jaca and Jandaeng in a beautiful manner using hes sunday punch, the left hook

left upper followed by a left hook, thats a dangerous combination and we also cant deny hes hand speed. halos pareho lang sila ni manny sa bilis ng kamay, mas marami nga lang talaga si manny kung sumuntok.

i think marquez has the best upper and hook in the business, so kelangan mgingat si manny sa mga uppercut kapag susugod sya.

mm.. base sa mga nakita kong laban nya, mahina si marquez sa mga tulad nyang outboxing technician.

pacman definitely has the power to stop anyone, pro mahihirapan syang paulanan ng suntok si marquez dahil cgurado ggmitin ni marquez ang mga upper at counter hook nya, at base sa mga naunang laban ni pacman, mahina ang depensa nya laban sa mga uppercut.

ang kelangan tlagang magawa ni pacman e gwin ung right counter cross sa mga jab ni marquez, ginagawa ito ni jimrex jaca kay marquez pro kulang ang speed at power nya. kya in the end npbagsak din sya ni marquez. pero sa tingin ko kung si pacman ang gagawa nun cguradong tutumba si marquez

Okay, my mistake, make it a "Guideline for Correctly Scoring a Boxing Round", happy now? :)

By the way, how about this quote

I think that is a glaring misinformation.

Again, the judge who scored it 10-7 admitted his mistake that it should have been 10-6. That means if not for his assumption regarding the Nevada Athletic Commission, Burt Clements would have scored it 10-6.

Anyway, care for any prediction? Mine is Pacman will KO JMM within 8 rounds. Peace to everyone. Go Manny!

Hahahhaahha! Thats cheap shot, bro! :thumbsdownsmiley: Dont look for loopholes in my post just because I saw one on yours, heheheh! I'm just talking rhetorics there (the scoring). Peace!

Anyway, theres no point in arguing about that scoring tapos na yan, four years ago pa yan...

Ang fearless forecast ko lang: Pacquiao will win. I dont know how, pero he will win by decision. Im not expecting a knockout win, but there will be knockdowns, at least... But hey, if he wins by KO, cool! But if not, thats OK! :thumbsupsmiley:

(Pero duda ako na ibibigay yun kay Pacquiao kung desisyon lang...)

Edited by hardtohandle

i have sumthing to add

maraming ngtatanong kay marquez kung makakaapekto ba sa laban ung pagkatalo ng kapatid nya, sabi ni marquez hindi

kani kanina lang natalo ang kapatid ni pacman na si bobby pcquiao, 1st round KO kay Antillon

sabi nila may pagasa daw sana manalo si bobpac kung nakinig sya sa corner nya, ang instructions sakanya is stay away for a few rounds. kaso nakipagsabayan sya kay Antillon

1 liver blow, that stopped Bobpac, then left right combinations that sent him to the canvas.

makakaapekto kaya kay Pacman ang 1st round loss ng kapatid nya?

just watched an interview with gerry penalosa, one of my favorite counter puncher technician about this coming fight on saturday, or sunday here in the philippines

maganda ang interview, tama lang na si gerry penalosa ang inenterview nila tungkol sa laban sa sabado, kasi alam nya ang feeling ng isang counter puncher kapag merong kaharap na malakas at mabilis na kalaban sa ring.

hindi nya nasagot kung ano ung pakiramdam na un, pero ang sinabi nya magaling lang si marquez mag counter punch noon sa huling laban nya kay manny. pagkatapos daw nun e hindi na sya ganun ka galing mag counter

pnanood ko mga laban ni marquez after ng laban nya kay manny, hindi nga ntin makikita na masyado ung counter punching abilities nya kasi sya na ung sumusugod. pero sa laban sa sunday cgurado ako mapipilitan syang ibalik ung dati nyang style. ang tanong e kung ganun pa ba ka pulido ang mga counter punch nya. dahil nga nitong last 4 years, ang fighting style na ginagamit nya ay mas aggressive

excited na talaga ako sa laban na ito. expected na high level boxing ang makikita natin sa fight night

isa pa nga pla, sabi ni gerry penalosa nakakita daw sya ng takot sa mata ni marquez noong kaharap nya si pacman sa press conference, at si manny naman ay muka talagang tigre

kahit tingnan nyo ung mga picture muka talagang tigre si manny doon sa mga titigan nila ni marquez sa press conference haha

The biggest win Marquez can get is via split decision, that is if he plays smart and avoids going toe to toe with Pacquiao. I doubt if he can score a knockdown over Manny. Marquez won his last fight via decision against Rocky Juarez, a smaller guy than Pacquiao. Juarez was bleeding all throughout the fight because of a cut he got during the 1st round but Marquez failed to shut his lights out and didn't even knock him down. Marquez doesn't have the power that Manny possess. As for Pacquiao, he's got power on both hands, he's much faster, he fights a lot smarter by moving a lot with great defense. Marquez may be a better counter puncher but will he still be able to counter if he gets hit by one of Manny's "dinamitas". We'll just have to wait and see who's the better fighter tomorrow. For me, it's Pacquiao in 10. :thumbsupsmiley: