Trance, Rave, House Music, Progressive...

hotchic_primrose

I don't think there are original copies of it anywhere in the video shops.  The movie was never shown here and it's not a production of any of the familiar studios on Hollywood.

However, there are some copies of it circulating in DVD vendors in your area.  I actually got my copy at a supermarket near where I live.  I've seen copies of it at a popular hangout complex in Pasig too.  Backread a bit and find the photo of the DVD cover art.

thanx bro

bat ba yung mga dj pag tinatanong title yung kanta sa disco, minsan ayaw sabihin, parang kala mo nanakawin hehe, parang trade secret, damot hehe.

Unfortunately, this is very true.

Valid or not, this is the main reason why they don't divulge song/artist info:

Exclusivity

Yes. This is kinda related to "trade secret" you mentioned. A DJ is more in demand if the songs he plays clicks with the crowd and not really played in many places yet. Once the song is played on dance music prgramming on radio, such as POW or On The Decks, the exclusivity diminishes greatly. No exclusivity remains if the song crosses over to pop music radio.

The DJ will even feel worse that the song he plays finds its way to Eat Bulaga or something.

The DJ would like to retain exclusivity of the song as much or as long as possible.

As Judge Jules would say, the DJ should play something exclusive so that the crowd has something to identify with him.

But since the Philippines doesn't have DJ's making and producing their own music, the DJ is left without much choice but to retain exclusivity to the dance music he's playing as much and as long as possible.

This attitude of DJs has been going on since the "mobile disco" days of the 80s when dance records were bought from the US, HK, Europe to play on the "mobile party" dance floors. And those records were quite expensive. Some import record shops set up shop in the late 80s to the early 90s. Prices were just as or more expensive in these import shops. The Philippines had a terrible void in dance music then. Today, the void is still there though but not as bad as it used to be. And it is the void that the DJ thrives on to keep his craft a sense or notion of value. Eventually, technology caught up and the DJ is slowly being painted into a corner. The import record and CD shops closed down as a result.

Nowadays, Hed Kandi, Ministry of Sound and Galaxy/Marigold Records are available nowadays in local shops. Incomplete but not completely in limbo.

And if you know where to look, you can simply download dance music from the Internet and burn a CD. Some DJs actually do that. They know where to look while you don't.

I hope this explains the attitude of the DJ. It's not because I'm defending such a DJ. I used to be one myself. In my years as a DJ, I never displayed this sort of attitude to any of my audience ever. If people asked, I would simply tell them the artist/song info. You can't hang on to exclusivity for too long anyway.

It's knowing where to look or source your next playlist or repertoire that's more challenging for the DJ.

Edited by hitman531ph
holy crap!!! :boo:  wala na akong pera pero parang gusto

ko pumunta dyan :cry:  :cry:

paano ba pag ganyang event? siksikan to the max din o parang

uber sosyal na bar lang na tabi tabi rin ang mga tao?

Used to be an event where you'll normally find upper class crowds, models, moviestars, etc. Pero lately ina-advertise na kasi nila sa radio especially this specific event kaya I'm sure mas maraming middle-class and ciguro kung kaya ng "masa" makapasok malamang papasok sila. Usually entrance costs P250-P300 (non-consummable). They're selling VIP tables for 10k (good for 10 pax) plus to liquors).

I'd love to go to this event kaya lang mukhang masyadong marami tao dito ngayon.

Sa Boracay magkakaroon din sila ng event dun this April. Mas astig!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

NEW STUFF

Benny Benassi - Who's Your Daddy

Bob Sinclar feat. Steve Edwards - World, Hold On

Haji & Emanuel - Take Me Away

Lisa Shaw - Feel What You Know

Rasmus Faber feat. Melo - Get Over Here

Sia & Different Gear - Drink to Get Drunk

Global DJs - What A Feeling

Andrew Bailey feat. Pit Bailey - I'm Always Here

Eric Prydz - Call On Me

Shapeshifters - Incredible

Vinyshakerz - Club Tropicana

Boris Dlugosch - Keep Pushin'

Freemasons feat Amanda Wilson - Watchin'

Edited by hitman531ph

i've been waiting for this guy tiesto since 1994...anyways whats the problem here is the crab pinoy mentality ..i gez the promoters are trying to compete each other..that sucks

anyways..if you really want a real techno or electronic..not the commercial bullshit..then tiesto is ...

pero pag coñotic and you think is house is cool....hehehehe..sige eat sum candie...

really..tiesto..will take you places...

ok...heres the scenario...

why listen to regine v. when there's mariah carey?

please dont k*ll the scene..look wat happened to rock...that nirvana bullshit..he killed himself because

bullshit people (you know who are ..) were listenning to his music.

Like rap music....andrew e ...and those corny pinoy rappers killed it..

so ..please dont k*ll the scence...