Concerts

bluechips

Hanep yung concert ng INXS :cool:

The show started at around 8:15 with The Dawn doing the front act. After 4 songs Mig Ayesa joined them and sang Wrapped Around ur Finger, Baby I luv ur Ways, We will Rock U and ended the front act by jamming with Jet Pangan on U2's In the Name of Love. Then technical adjusments and tests were made to ensure that the equipments won't fail. Its lasted at around 20 mins but its worth waiting. INXS blasted off with Suicide Blonde and the crowd of 3000 to 4000 ( my estimate only) went wild. Their repertoire consisted of old faves and some cuts from the Switch album. Pretty Vegas was well applauded. Then the memorable part of the concert was their encore of 4 songs, most notable were Never Tears Us Apart ( specially Kirk's solo on the Sax).

Crowd that attended was a mixture of old time INXS's fans and those who went to see JD Fortune (probably the ones that knew INXS bec of the rockstar show). JD was a performer , Jon was still at his best on drums and Kirk was superb both on guitars and sax. Though its a bit uncomfortable to see Andrew Fariss groove (ang taba na kasi). One thing that i have noticed though i may be wrong, parang sablay pag set up ng sounds, there were times na halos di marinig yung guitars ni Tim at Andrew. Then nung front act sumablay yung keyboards at mic ni Migs.

To conclude , its one of the concert that you'll get your moneys worth :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

concerts i've been to:

Metallica - ULTRA football field

Rage Against the Machine - Cuneta Astrodome

1st NU Rock Awards - Music museum

Eheads- Folk Arts Theater

Rivermaya - Greenhills

Linkin Park - PICC

Simple Plan - The Fort

Bands i wish to watch live:

1. The Cure

2. Nirvana

3. The Smashing Pumpkins

4. LifeHouse

5. the Prodigy

not to mention... i also have watched Jason MRAZ at the tent and Avril Lavigne at the Fort

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bands i've seen live [all in sydney]:

buddy guy

santana

james taylor

the cure

suicidal tendencies

infectious grooves

slayer

sepultura

pantera