Concerts

bluechips

hey, please check out my band's frontact gigs for the month...

"ROCKSTARS ON TOUR"

May 2 Gweilo's Eastwood with Kjwan, Urbandub, Quezo, DNA and King Antares

May 9 Tropezz Greenbelt 3 with Razorback, Greyhoundz, Typecast, DNA, and King Antares

May 16 Phi Bar - Metrowalk with Razorback, Greyhoundz, Kjwan, DNA, and King Antares

May 23 19 East Bar - Sucat with Kamikazee, Kjwan, Quezo, The Ambassadors, DNA and King Antares

May 30 Club O - QC with Razorback, Kjwan, Dictalicense, Typecast, Quezo and King Antares

This is a really great honor for us to open for these bands.

Hope to see you in one of the events.

ROCK!

I remembered attending the Metallica concert in March 1993. It was held at the ULTRA baseball area. Boy, it was an experience I will never forget. I was 17 at that time, spending summer vacation as a freshman of Arch in UST. When I went there the road leading there was so crowded. Vehicles and pedestrians crammed Meralco Avenue from Shaw to the street going down St. Paul's. I also saw lots of people. People of all colors, sizes, backgrounds (coños and jologs) where there. Old and young, everyone seemed to want to see Metallica perform live.

From the long lines people where singing Metallica songs like "Sad But True" and "Enter Sandman". Honestly, I think they looked stupid. I was and still am a Metallica purist. I've loved their albums from k*ll 'em All up to And Justice for All. From the "black" album onwards, they, in my book, sucked big time. Sorry for the side note, but that was to give a background for my comment. It seems most of the people seeing the concert knew Metallica by their then newest album the "black" album which I really disliked. They never knew the thrash metal the band was so notoriously good at.

To cut the story short, I got seated in the mid-section priced at PHP750.00 and was seated at the back of the band The Dawn. They where with their dates! The front act was opened by Advent Call, they were booed because of being so arrogant on stage. They did Sex Pistol's Anarchy in the UK. The second act was Razorback, woah they knew how to rock. The audience went wild when they did JDC's Beep Beep!

After their number Metallica was introduced, the audience even got wilder! No one was able to sit during the whole show, the audience were pumped up! You'd think everyone was on drugs! It was at the concert that the claim that Metallica never missed a beat or they sound the same as you listened to their albums during live performances are true! Hanep sa galing! :thumbsupsmiley:

I loved it when they played Phantom Lord, Seek & Destroy, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Master of Puppets, One, Harvester of Sorrow and Battery! I guess I loved all the songs they played! Ibang level sila nun, and their performance was not short of profanities either. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa sobra ganda ng show nagwala mga jologs sa bleachers and they tried entering the lower boxes nag upakan tuloy mga security. Overall, it was the best concert I attended. It also for me was Metallica's last act of being heavy. Years and albums went on and they lost their touch. Nawala ang thrash, ni heavy I would not consider it. If I could bring back time, I'd love to be in that concert again! :blush: Peace!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I remembered attending the Metallica concert in March 1993. It was held at the ULTRA baseball area. Boy, it was an experience I will never forget. I was 17 at that time, spending summer vacation as a freshman of Arch in UST. When I went there the road leading there was so crowded. Vehicles and pedestrians crammed Meralco Avenue from Shaw to the street going down St. Paul's. I also saw lots of people. People of all colors, sizes, backgrounds (coños and jologs) where there. Old and young, everyone seemed to want to see Metallica perform live.

From the long lines people where singing Metallica songs like "Sad But True" and "Enter Sandman". Honestly, I think they looked stupid. I was and still am a Metallica purist. I've loved their albums from k*ll 'em All up to And Justice for All. From the "black" album onwards, they, in my book, sucked big time. Sorry for the side note, but that was to give a background for my comment. It seems most of the people seeing the concert knew Metallica by their then newest album the "black" album which I really disliked. They never knew the thrash metal the band was so notoriously good at.

To cut the story short, I got seated in the mid-section priced at PHP750.00 and was seated at the back of the band The Dawn. They where with their dates! The front act was opened by Advent Call, they were booed because of being so arrogant on stage. They did Sex Pistol's Anarchy in the UK. The second act was Razorback, woah they knew how to rock. The audience went wild when they did JDC's Beep Beep!

After their number Metallica was introduced, the audience even got wilder! No one was able to sit during the whole show, the audience were pumped up! You'd think everyone was on drugs! It was at the concert that the claim that Metallica never missed a beat or they sound the same as you listened to their albums during live performances are true! Hanep sa galing! :thumbsupsmiley:

I loved it when they played Phantom Lord, Seek & Destroy, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Master of Puppets, One, Harvester of Sorrow and Battery! I guess I loved all the songs they played! Ibang level sila nun, and their performance was not short of profanities either. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa sobra ganda ng show nagwala mga jologs sa bleachers and they tried entering the lower boxes nag upakan tuloy mga security. Overall, it was the best concert I attended. It also for me was Metallica's last act of being heavy. Years and albums went on and they lost their touch. Nawala ang thrash, ni heavy I would not consider it. If I could bring back time, I'd love to be in that concert again! :blush: Peace!!!

Those were the days! I was in row G and the people in front of us fell from their seats since everybody was standing on their seats for most of the concert - gud thing nobody got hurt. It drizzled a little bit also, a least it did'nt rain hard or it would have sucked. I also never liked music from the black album onwards...with the exception of nothing else matters though...I just wish they would have played Orion and/or Call of Ktulu...

Those were the days! I was in row G and the people in front of us fell from their seats since everybody was standing on their seats for most of the concert - gud thing nobody got hurt. It drizzled a little bit also, a least it did'nt rain hard or it would have sucked. I also never liked music from the black album onwards...with the exception of nothing else matters though...I just wish they would have played Orion and/or Call of Ktulu...

there was a metallica tribute gig in saguijo last october... hope they would repeat it....so that we could play! hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

See Grammy-Award winning artist Steven Curtis Chapman live and for FREE! Creator of the popular love song I Will Be Here, Chapman will perform at the Cathedral of Praise - 350 Taft Avenue, Manila (in front of NBI) on June 29, 7pm and June 30, 6PM.

For free tickets call House of Praise at 920.5291 loc 139

post-1000-1182399117.jpg

PAROKYA NI EDGAR had a small showing in Riverbooze's (in Marikina) 3rd year anniversary yesterday.. The anniversary featured around 10 different bands.. Chicosci also played.. I don't really watch concerts nowadays, but because this one is near mi casa, I decided to attend..

Parokya played around 8-10 songs.. The fans cheered, & flocked Chito Miranda and the rest of the band.. Its been a while since I saw Parokya live in concert.. The last concert I saw was when they played with Wolfgang in 1999, entitled "Sanctify my Birdie.." in UP, Diliman.. Yup that long..

Still, I could sense that success never went into the head of the band.. They are as humble as ever.. Wala akong nakitang ere sa attitude nina Chito.. Somebody asked for the song, "Bagsakan.." Chito said he can't do the things that Francis Magalona and Gloc9 do.. Masyado daw magaling yung mga yun di niya kaya yung rap nila.. haha..

When I first saw them in concert, Parokya was not mobbed by fans.. Everybody wanted to hear Wolfgang.. and no one seemed to care if Parokya would sing 10 or 20 songs.. I remember vividly, Chito saying na.. "Wag na kayong malungkot, malapit na kaming matapos at Wolfgang na.."

Boy! Sa ngayon siguro, equal footing na sila ng Wolfgang sa sobrang sikat na nila.. How time flies.. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Linkin' Park in Manila..bwiset sila!

di man lang pinagbigyan request ng fans for an encore! Even my fil-am friends are shouting invectives against them (they only played for a f#&king 40 minutes!

buti na lang:

1. my ticket's free care of a SMART txt contest (bronze na naging silver category courtesy of a hot chik acquaintance hehehe)

2. cheap beer! (colt Ice) served inside the audience area!

peace!

Up Dharma Down - Club Dredd, Gweilos Libis.. August 3..

I was never into the jazz, techno, electric, soul meet rock inspired music of Up Dharma but I had to watch the small session they had yesterday.. Why? Coz I wanted to see the new Club Dredd.. whoever is playing.. Surprise! Surprise! I found their music very moving.. Well, it was because of the way Armi (vocals) delivered the songs.. Powerful, to say the least..

The new Dredd is the usual cramped space much like the Timog days.. But this would do, IMO.. At the very least, Dredd is now alive and operational once again.. Will sure visit their internet site every day for updates and events..

150 entrance fee with free drink (SML or Iced Tea).. :thumbsupsmiley: Para sa akin sulit na..

Edited by revi

Guys, catch IMBUENOKUDOS live @ NU107 this Friday, Aug 10, 6pm. The boys will be promoting WBOB and will talk about juicy details of the upcoming album, which is being mixed as we speak by Eric Perlas. Won't be long now!!!

Plus you'll get a chance to hear some cuts from the album too, so tune in! We know you won't be disappointed once you hear the new material! We're so excited already! (If you can't wait to preview some new songs like "The Test" and "To Hold Everything Above," check out http://www.myspace.com/imbuenokudos)

WBOB officially starts on Aug 10 too, so please tune in this Friday, 6pm to find out how you can support INK by text voting, so they can represent the Philippines in the final competition!

Much love

INK

IMBUENOKUDOS MUSIC + PICTURES + VIDEOS + INTERACTION