The Best Chocolate Cake You've Tried

• 2 weeks later...

This is shameless self promotion but ... what the heck ... it WAS good....

For my cousins birthday I made a chocolate cake from my cousin's recipe ... instead of using hershey's chocolate powder, he made me buy a block of premium baking chocolate and melt that over a double boiler to use both with the cake and with the icing.

The result was a chunkier, moister cake with a luscious icing... :wub:

...and I made it myself ;)

Masarap din yung chocolate cake sa cost u less supermrket sa libis.  Mura pa compared to other bake shops.  Hungry Pac yata ang may gawa.  Masarap siya medyo moist ang cake itself at dripping with chocolate icing. Tunay pa yung chocolate na ginamit di lang puro coloring at flavoring.

hhhmmm... been to cost you less several times but i didnt know they have good choco cake.

in fact, the time's we've been there i never paid attention to the bakery section. :(

i know better now. i will make sure to try this out! thanks for the tip! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
I think the chocolate cake in COST U LESS is also by Hungry Pac

I pass by quite often, kasi its the only one open at 2am (its actually open 24 hours)

oh... really? :(

i thought i'd be trying out a new choco cake.

not that hungry pac isnt good.

it's just nice to have a variety!

by the way, the choco buffet in mla pen

during weekend is on again this dec!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

El Comedor is mostly known for authentic Spanish cuisine (the way i understood it, they were the ones who propogated Spanish cuisine in the country as Doreen Fernandez would claim)..but their best-kept secret is their Chocolate Cake... it's been a staple during our Christmas dinner and birthdays for some 20 years now, and I prolly have tasted most of what were already posted here but I can pretty well attest that none comes close to it..Best tasting Choco Cake... Bar None! We usually gave it as a Xmas gifts to friends and peers, and first-time tasters would only come up with 3 letters in their mouth - Wow! However, the restaurant have already partially closed due to tough competition and limited market for Spanish cuisine. They used to have a branch in Adriatico then transferred to Greenbelt 1, but they mellowed down now to I think around the Magallanes area. (The owner is apparently old now and the tradition is dangerously becoming extinct. Another bad news to it is that the pastry chef who concocted the recipe is also old and has since retired. She would only bake on special occasions/requests.)

Has anybody heard of the choco cake by Chef Gene Gonzales?  Forgot the name ("choco indulgence"?!) kasi but this used to be one of the best I've tasted when he still had the cafe/bar/resto in Morato.  I wonder if he still offer it?

not too sure but i think chef gene still maintains cafe ysabel somewhere near the wilson, greenhills area.

worth trying i suppose... if in case they still offer it.

:)