The Mazda Lovers Thread

I have a Civic 1.8S Automatic 2007 and a Mazda 3 2.0R 2009

Civic is better on engine, ride and fuel economy. The transmission has 5speed auto and I get 11-12km/liter combined nlex & city driving. The fastest I drove is 200km/h at Skyway.

The Mazda has 4speed activematic The Activematic gives you the best of both worlds - full automatic for relaxed driving in the city or semi-manual shifting for a stirringly sporty drive. But I like more extra gear of the 5-speed especially at Nlex. I get 9km/liter combined. Fastest is at 180km/h at Sctex.

Mazda for styling and features. My 2.0R has 17in rims, sunroof, skirts and more features on the dashboard. The mazda stock lang sporty look na, unlike the civic you have to dress it up pa para mag mukhang sporty.

I'm satisfied with both cars. In the end it depends on your needs and preference.

mas type ng mga younger generation ang city coz of its futuristic looks

kung timeless appearance naman ang habol mo, vios

performance wise, masmaganda power to weight ratio ng vios kaysa city (i've driven both)

anyway, both are japanese cars so its really up to the buyer... but ill go for the vios

I agree. The Honda City's edge is more on looks and interior ergonomics. With respect to torque, reliability, fuel efficiency and cost of maintenance, the Vios has the edge. I plan to replace my 1st generation Vios with a newer 1.5G Vios. The edge of the Vios in those areas far outweighs, IMHO, the "roboto" looks of the City. Besides, the interior of the new Vios is quite roomy compared to the old Vios.

• 2 weeks later...