Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

to end this debate, i thereby conclude that CARBOHYDRATES is the main cuprit!

Again, you also have to consider the total caloric expense vs caloric intake... Carbs alone cannot be blamed

sweets and fructose are simple carbs not complex...

Exactly... And they also have a higher GI

sweets are fructose (complex carbohydrates), again...carbohydrates are the main culprit.

carbohydrates are culprit if you dont burn it and stay inactive..

we all need carbohydrates to function, if you don't you will feel lethargic, and you will not be able to think properly..its the body's main source of fuel..

what makes you fat is eating too much carbs without utilizing it..

---

so to reduce your waistline..use the carbs, use the fat, do lots of lengthly cardio's, run for more than an hour.. but train yourself for it....

we all need carbohydrates to function, if you don't you will feel lethargic, and you will not be able to think properly..its the body's main source of fuel..

---

so to reduce your waistline..use the carbs, use the fat, do lots of lengthly cardio's, run for more than an hour.. but train yourself for it....

it 's not necessarily true that we need carbs to function. if you want to get to the scientific level, then fats yield the most energy not carbohydrates. although today our main source of energy are carbohydrates, its not necessarily what we need. Fats can also be our fuel source is you rearrange your macro nutrient content correctly. Remember, humans began with only meats and fats for food, only recently have we began to use carbs for fuel.

it 's not necessarily true that we need carbs to function. if you want to get to the scientific level, then fats yield the most energy not carbohydrates. although today our main source of energy are carbohydrates, its not necessarily what we need. Fats can also be our fuel source is you rearrange your macro nutrient content correctly. Remember, humans began with only meats and fats for food, only recently have we began to use carbs for fuel.

not really.. humans have been eating root crops (potatoes, kamote etc) since the beginning of time..and that is carbs.. :D

fats are slow burning fuel..you need a spark plug to power you up.. and that is carbs.. without carbs you will not be able to power up your cardio workout, and maintain it at a certain duration to tap on the fats.. i tried restricting my carb intake and my morning workout has just been pathetic.. i remember 'hitting the wall' during one of my long runs (2 hour run) and all my body wanted to do was sit on the sidewalk.. i can't even walk..

Edited by THUG

---

Yes, we definitely need carbs to function properly. that is why one needs to have a proper balance of macronutrients..

Now about the cardio, lets not get into another debate...

not really.. humans have been eating root crops (potatoes, kamote etc) since the beginning of time..and that is carbs.. :D

fats are slow burning fuel..you need a spark plug to power you up.. and that is carbs.. without carbs you will not be able to power up your cardio workout, and maintain it at a certain duration to tap on the fats.. i tried restricting my carb intake and my morning workout has just been pathetic.. i remember 'hitting the wall' during one of my long runs (2 hour run) and all my body wanted to do was sit on the sidewalk.. i can't even walk..

well if you want to bring up potatoes etc. let go even further into the past...before any of that, all humans had to eat were meat...no carbs, hence the name "caveman" diet, so we can function properly without carbs...if you want we can have a huge debate, but make sure you got studies to back your statements up, cause I will. :thumbsupsmiley:

well if you want to bring up potatoes etc. let go even further into the past...before any of that, all humans had to eat were meat...no carbs, hence the name "caveman" diet, so we can function properly without carbs...if you want we can have a huge debate, but make sure you got studies to back your statements up, cause I will. :thumbsupsmiley:

You must be referring to the Atkins diet. But then where is Atkins right now? dead. Which was assumed was due to cardiac arrest caused by eating way too many fatty foods.

High carb/low fat diet has been in the US-FDA food pyramid for several decades. And these has been agreed and confirmed upon by nutritionists, doctors etc..

And speaking of studies, running has been the oldest sport, and still, up to these days, nothing replaces carbohydrates as the number 1 food for runners. And yet you don't see competitive runners getting fat or with bulging tummy. There is even a term called 'carbo loading', where you take additional amounts of carbs before a long workout or exercise.

We exercise, eat nutritious food, not to make our bodies attractive. The number 1 goal must be to stay healthy.

--

the bottomline, it is the excess carbohydrates that makes you fat, not the carbohydrate itself. So eat carbs in moderation, and exercise. Make sure you burn the carbohydrates that you take in.

Back in the day, all people had to eat were meat, fruits and veggies, and some rootcrops...

The refined carbs started in some ancient civiliations, such as the ancient Egyptians, this is where some cases of obesity started to spring out, but we were never informed of this since the perception people wanted to show us was that ancient Egyptians had great builts

And speaking of studies, running has been the oldest sport, and still, up to these days, nothing replaces carbohydrates as the number 1 food for runners. And yet you don't see competitive runners getting fat or with bulging tummy. There is even a term called 'carbo loading', where you take additional amounts of carbs before a long workout or exercise.

but then again, let's remember that perhaps the runner's nutritional needs may vary from a regular gym goer, a basketbal player, a boxer, a martial artist.. that is why i may be biased in a way but that's why the zone diet is so sound since it ensures proper balance of macros

Back in the day, all people had to eat were meat, fruits and veggies, and some rootcrops...

The refined carbs started in some ancient civiliations, such as the ancient Egyptians, this is where some cases of obesity started to spring out, but we were never informed of this since the perception people wanted to show us was that ancient Egyptians had great builts

thanks for reminding me. I think i need to go back to the camote/brown rice diet again..

You must be referring to the Atkins diet. But then where is Atkins right now? dead. Which was assumed was due to cardiac arrest caused by eating way too many fatty foods.

High carb/low fat diet has been in the US-FDA food pyramid for several decades. And these has been agreed and confirmed upon by nutritionists, doctors etc..

We exercise, eat nutritious food, not to make our bodies attractive. The number 1 goal must be to stay healthy.

--

the bottomline, it is the excess carbohydrates that makes you fat, not the carbohydrate itself. So eat carbs in moderation, and exercise. Make sure you burn the carbohydrates that you take in.

no mate, i'm not speaking of atikins diet or any specific diet...

• 2 months later...

Heto, tried & tested ko na ito, treadmill lang everyday,

at kung dati kang malakas kumain, ipagpatuloy mo

lang, kung hindi ka available araw araw mag treadmill,

at least pilitin mo kahit 4 times a week.

Kahit hindi ka na muna mag ABS work out kasi mapapagod

ka lang at hindi naman talaga nakakaliit ng tiyan ang ABS,

makikita mo, in three months or mas maigi kung six

months, makikita mo ang malaking pagbabago.

balik uli ako dito for more details.................

is this true or a myth?

Anyone? Feedback, please.

not sure but personally, i think it's a myth.

there are times (many times actually) that i lie in bed after eating... till i doze off. i know it's bad but doing so did not, in any way, made me fatter. i hope it did but sadly, it didn't.

Wyld Posted Today, 02:52 PM

is this true or a myth?

Anyone? Feedback, please.

there are times (many times actually) that i lie in bed after eating... till i doze off. i know it's bad but doing so did not, in any way, made me fatter. i hope it did but sadly, it didn't.

It's a myth. It all depends on one's rate of metabolism.

It's a myth. It all depends on one's rate of metabolism.

I thought so too... I just wanted to be really, really sure before saying anything....

Thanks wb and transcience. ;)