Call Center Side Effects

• 1 month later...

i've been into so many relationships... though was able to handle it but then it will always be different if you'll just have that simple life...

gone into so many places... all the saturday hangouts you wished for back then and that of the sand and beach getaways...

not enough sleep... like you live 7 days a week and sleep just 3 days a week...

the effect of coffee is no longer welcome to your body... energy drinks are just plain juices...

can't do that basketball game anymore... gone tired... though sex is way too fine...

you will talk even if you are sleeping and you are daydreaming even if you are awake...

got bad temper... it's like you asked for people to understand you the easiest way they can but then they will still appear foolish to you...

malls are just another place to you on your weekend...

bad savings... you'll have this habit of spending too much of what you really need...

for the last five or six years in the industry... i think everyone should be ready and be responsible enough on their jobs...

hear you on the phone! :headsetsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Health Problems like Sleep disorder, heart problems, lung problems ( due to smoking to much to stay awake) diabetes, fatty liver ( due to excess drinking to fall asleep, and the f#&king grease fried food from the f#&king fast food joints who are the only ones open during our shift makes) kidney problems ( unable to properly take a bath room break because of a f#&king customer, or the agent has not made his first sale and is not allowed to stand up from his seat until he gets one) The reason i know about of these health problems..is because i am suffering from all of them RIGHT NOW... Been working in a freaking call center for 7 years.. And this is what i get.. I am not well compensated for this kind of s@%t. The government ( yeah right) should look after the welfare of the workers of the second most profitable industry in this TANG INANG cesspool we call a country... So for the record.. to the government and to those big shots in these nifty call centers and BPO businesses. f#&k YOU, f#&k YOU, ANNNDDD FUUCKKKK YOOUUUU!!!!

Edited by orionblaze000
  • 8 months later...

nung panggabi (or should i say shifting) ako sa CC, gulat ako dahil taas ng bp ko nung sa medical. pinaulit the next day, same pa din. nkuha nman sa proper diet and exercise. pero hirap pa rin talaga.

kaya i quit then transferred to another CC na day shift, weekends off. tapos lapit pa samin..

• 4 months later...

side effects

- kapag umorder k sa fast food konting mali lang irate kana

- pg tumawag sa kahit anong CS line supervisor agad ang hanap mo

- matututo ka mg yosi

- laging naka jacket at shades

- tubig mo eh kape na

- kasama sa almusal mo eh beer o ano pa mang alcoholic beverages

- ang team building eh kht saan basta my inuman

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1) Hirap matulug sa araw then sakit ng ulo pag nag duty sa gabi.

2) Pag nasanay ka na natutulug sa araw ang hirap naman matulug sa gabi ng medyo maaga like around 8pm-10pm.

3) Hight Blood

4) Chest Pain

5) Lower Immune System although nag vi-vitamins ka pa ( dahil sa kaka puyat)

6) Kung hindi ka nag s-smoke minsan mapapagaya ka sa mga kasama mo na nag ss-moke

7) Mapapalakas sa kape kaya lalo ka magpapa pitate.

8) Sakit sa Kidney dahil sa mga fastfood, yan lang kasi ang usually na available store during night shift maliban nlnag kung meron concessionaire ang call center. Poor eating habits.

9) mga nasisirang relasyon ng pagibig whether bf/gf palang or yun mga me asawa na, madalas natutukso kasi sa mga ka teammates lalo na kung magaganda ang mga girls or gwaping ang mga boys. pag ang lalaki naman ang Team Manager at maganda ang agent patay kang agent ka. Kung Bading naman ang Team Manager at gwapings ang agent nakuh patay kang agent ka :lol: .

10) Nauuso ang STD's sa mga agents especially sa mga homosexual.

11) Minsan mainitin ang ulo.

12) Usually walang exercise.

13) Madaling matangal sa work pag sa konting pagkakamali lalo na kung nagrereklamo sayo yun clients. Pumapasok ka pa sa office yun pala tsugi ka na, nka disable narin mga accounts mo.

14) Napapadalas ang gimik para mka pag unwind at mkapag enjoy ( although panandaliaan lang)

15) Risky ang paguwi dahil narin sa disoras na mga schedule ng work timout. kaya prone sa mga hold-up/snatch ang mga call center workers na usually nag co-commute lang.

Kaya kung meron ka ibang mapapasukan na trabaho na oks din ang sweldo better dun ka nlang at iwasan pumasok sa call center. It's not really good to your health. Kahit pa shifting ang schedule mo sa work mahirap pa din mag adjust everytime magbabago yun sched mo. Syempre mas mabuti parin yun permanent morning shift or Afternoon shift ang work mo with good compensation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ang hirap magtransition from CC to other private sectors. May kakilala ako na manager na for a big CC, pero nung nawala yung account and na-lay off sya, hindi na sya makahanap ng equivalent position sa non-BPO companies. Parang ang sabi eh hindi counted yung years of experience niya as a manager, so start from scratch ang career niya. Ayun, napilitan maghanap ng work sa ibang CC pa rin.

IMO, OK lang magtrabaho for a CC kung nag-iipon ka lang, or you're just waiting for something better to open up. Ang hirap lang pag na-stuck ka na.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Opinion ko lang po.

Malaki ang sweldo kumpara sa ibang lisensyadong engr, nurse, accountants and etc. Kaso sa pinas nga lang.

Ikumpara mo na nasa abroad na lisensyadong engr, nurse, accountants and etc. Walang sinabi ang CC.

Pero kapag pinagsama mo ang CC at lisensya mo... Mas malayo ang mararating mo.

I'm a proud RS at Dell Tech Support-Ambergris (18 months) with REE and RME under my belt.

Now working in a survey vessel as a Shift Leader.

Only Filipino in my department.

Proud to be Pinoy.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

there are good side effects naman eh

1. I got to be more fluent in English. written and oral

2. kapag lasing ako and walang inhibition, akala ng mga chick filam ako so hook up agad! LOL

3. gain more confidence especially in dealing with people

4. learned to be more tactful. sa takot ko lang na ma escalate

5. cash abound.

6. hook up galore! I already mentioned that. but anyway uulitin ko! :D

• 2 years later...

Haha ang dami...

Pimples, acne, and other skin disorders are the least of your worries. You will get mental, emotional, and physical fatigue, shorter life span, weight gain, hypertension, diabetes, psychiatric disorders such as depression, alcoholism, and bipolar disorder, etc. wait there's more... Affairs, broken families, std's, AIDS, etc.

It's okay to do it. Just don't do it too long. Transfer ka na to regular office hours, or use it as a stepping stone to find another job. Humans are not nocturnal animals, we are not built that way. Kahit pa sabihin mo sanay ka na, your broken body is telling you it's not true.

• 2 weeks later...

if working in a call center gives you tons of side effects then the root cause of it would be the cancerous tumor itself and its none other than the entire BPO industry. You come in clean and you come out a changed person.

Ang tanging hindi makaalis sa pag call center ay yung mga AYAW mismong umalis dahil naging kumportable na sila dun OR wala lang talagang mapuntahang iba.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Health hazards abound due to the different sleep cycles...I guess humans arent really designed to be active at night.

There are some upsides though:

1. if you develop it right...ex-CC emploayees have a leg up in communication skills over their non-CC counterparts. How many times have I heard good engineers look silly just because they couldn't articulate what they have to say in meetings.

2. you're much more flexible in terms of shifts and hours....in a traditional workplace any change in shift or hours would require a trip to the local union office.

3. not intimidated by foreigners...yup, even competent Pinoy managers have this colonial inferiority complex...but ex-CC folks sound confident in front of them...probably because they can talk straight...but most likely they know they're just as bright as these foreigners..

• Like (+1) 1

- pag sumagot ka ng phone kahit nasa bahay ka lang, ang una mong sinasabi: "Thank you for calling ___________. This is ________ speaking. How may I help you today?

- lahat na ata ng variations ng "have a good day" eh na namemorize mo na. ganyan ka na magclose kahit ng personal e-mail or phone calls mo.

- wa-epek na ang paginom ng kape. imbes na magising ka, mas nakakatulog ka pa.

- sira ang sleep cycle mo kasi pagdating mo sa bahay, mauutusan ka pa dahil hindi pa rin magets ng mga kasama mo sa bahay na same day ang uwi at pasok mo.