1622 replies to this topic

#1601 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Di ba nag take effect na excise tax last January 1?

#1602 Tom Hiddleston

Tom Hiddleston

Gentleman

• (05) Regular
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Cars, drinking with good company, stimulating conversations

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

Di ba nag take effect na excise tax last January 1?

Best to check your dealer. An agent texted me & said no memos on price increases yet.

#1603 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

The president signed the TRAIN last Dec 18. It has taken effect already. Ive been to the dealer already and there have been changes. Check top gear on facebook

#1604 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

The president signed the TRAIN last Dec 18. It has taken effect already. Ive been to the dealer already and there have been changes. Check top gear on facebook

#1605 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

#1606 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

https://www.topgear....-20180104-fbnew

#1607 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Heres for Honda:

https://www.topgear....-20180103-fbnew

#1608 Tom Hiddleston

Tom Hiddleston

Gentleman

• (05) Regular
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

What is wierd is, the expensive models became cheaper. Seems like the lawmakers deliberately made the high end cars more affordable for the rich.

#1609 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

because they the changed the excise tax from 60% to 50% making it more affordable and increasing the prices of the low and mid end up to 10% which is not that bad. Win-win situation for the govt. 

#1610 karayuan

karayuan

hijo de p#ta

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts
  • Interests:basketball

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Kamusta sa mga Gm’s natin dito manghihingi lang sana ako ng advice kasi nagpaplano ako bumili ng 2nd hand na suv, anu ang kailangan kong malaman na malinis ang kotse ko na bibilhin ko san pwede icheck na hindi ito carnap at malinis ang papel Nito. Salamat sa mga magbibigay ng advice. Sensya na newbie ako pagdating dito. Salamat ulit.

#1611 Mike Corleone

Mike Corleone

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Guys, any info about the new Honda CRV? In terms of fuel consumption..matipid ba sya?

I have an old model Honda CRV pa..planning to buy the new Honda CRV diesel...

#1612 jors1116

jors1116

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

akalain mo yun Forty has taken over Vios as the top selling car in the Philippines. WOW MAGIC!

#1613 Tom Hiddleston

Tom Hiddleston

Gentleman

• (05) Regular
  • 521 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

An emerging trend daw nowadays is choosing vehicles in the UV segment (SUV, Mid SUV, Compact SUV....) rather than sedans. Logic is that sedans, for their size, are priced as much or even more than SUVs which offer more practicality than sedans.

#1614 Copacetic_Guy

Copacetic_Guy

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

An emerging trend daw nowadays is choosing vehicles in the UV segment (SUV, Mid SUV, Compact SUV....) rather than sedans. Logic is that sedans, for their size, are priced as much or even more than SUVs which offer more practicality than sedans.

care to give an example on why SUVs are more practical than sedans? I'm just curious, I thought sedans are cheaper and you get a better gas mileage compared to an SUV.

#1615 Tom Hiddleston

Tom Hiddleston

Gentleman

• (05) Regular
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, It should have read Sports Sedans. I’m not talking about cheap cars like the Vios, Wigo or Picanto type. Obviously, you won’t buy an SUV if your budget is not enough. SUV’s will cost upward of P1.2M & most sports sedans cost more than that. Most SUVs are diesel powered, making them more efficient than a gas guzzling Sports sedan. SUVs also offer the height, are bigger & roomier, have more ground clearance (for floods), have more trunk room & are safer due to it’s stiffer & sturdier body. Obviously, an SUV doesn’t handle as well as a sports sedan, but most Pinoys don’t really care. Pinoys care more about the accessories (HU, airbags, button start back up camera) than the driveability of the car. Im not too sure if it was December or January, but Fortuners outsold Vios for the first time. Personally, my SUV is for family use while my daily driver is a car, more maneuverable.

#1616 Copacetic_Guy

Copacetic_Guy

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Sorry, It should have read Sports Sedans. I’m not talking about cheap cars like the Vios, Wigo or Picanto type. Obviously, you won’t buy an SUV if your budget is not enough. SUV’s will cost upward of P1.2M & most sports sedans cost more than that. Most SUVs are diesel powered, making them more efficient than a gas guzzling Sports sedan. SUVs also offer the height, are bigger & roomier, have more ground clearance (for floods), have more trunk room & are safer due to it’s stiffer & sturdier body. Obviously, an SUV doesn’t handle as well as a sports sedan, but most Pinoys don’t really care. Pinoys care more about the accessories (HU, airbags, button start back up camera) than the driveability of the car. Im not too sure if it was December or January, but Fortuners outsold Vios for the first time. Personally, my SUV is for family use while my daily driver is a car, more maneuverable.

I don't find SUV's to be practical, I have one because of a need for a better safety rating for my family and a better cargo capacity which I don't most of the time, they're gas guzzler, I can go twice the distance on my GE Fit/Jazz with the same amount of fuel, I also think they're boring to drive, well they handle very well but they are bad on cornering due to their higher center of gravity, sedans are more fun to drive.  I was planning of selling my SUV and get a WRX instead but family is getting bigger so I'm sticking with my SUV for now. I just wish Honda Philippines would add the Civic Hatchback Sport in their line up, it would have been perfect when it comes to practicality, just my opinion though. 

#1617 Tom Hiddleston

Tom Hiddleston

Gentleman

• (05) Regular
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

I don't find SUV's to be practical, I have one because of a need for a better safety rating for my family and a better cargo capacity which I don't most of the time, they're gas guzzler, I can go twice the distance on my GE Fit/Jazz with the same amount of fuel, I also think they're boring to drive, well they handle very well but they are bad on cornering due to their higher center of gravity, sedans are more fun to drive.  I was planning of selling my SUV and get a WRX instead but family is getting bigger so I'm sticking with my SUV for now. I just wish Honda Philippines would add the Civic Hatchback Sport in their line up, it would have been perfect when it comes to practicality, just my opinion though.

For that fun to drive factor, a car will beat an SUV anytime. I myself have an Accent hatch m/t as a daily driver (meaning for work) & I drive solo all the time. My daily drive is also in the expressway & places down south so using a manual makes it more fun. It is also very economical. But during weekends, going to the grocery & bring my family along to the City (QC, Manila or Makati), I need the diesel a/t SUV. It is a lot more spacious, economical for a SUV & comfortable to drive. It also has good ground clearance. I don’t really need a fun to drive car in City traffic. I need a practical one. When going on a long out of time drive with the family, nothing beats a big ride for comfort & safety. & I think these are just some of the factors that makes it popular for most new car buyers.

#1618 dlastknight

dlastknight

Insomniac

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

For me pick up is the best daily driver, convenient, economical gas consumption, and if i need to hall something large i just put it on the bed, my pick up has a comfier ride than my SUV,

Crossovers are popular also nowadays as they tend to fall in the price range of most upper tier sedans , but keep in mind that the space inside is smaller than sedans, with the exception ofcourse of the vios,mirage,etc.

#1619 Air Jordan

Air Jordan

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3229 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Baseball

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

For me it's better to buy a brand new car rather than buying a second hand. coz you won't have any headache at least for the next 3 years of usage and it's under warranty 

#1620 artedpro

artedpro

Interesting

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12221 posts
  • Interests:whitewater rafting; mountaineering;
    running ; beers, interesting babes

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

10 tips for secondhand-car buyers

https://www.topgear....ref=site_search

0 user(s) are reading this topic