LRT And MRT Services

pakiusap lang sa mga babae sa MRT, dun kayo sa car alotted for you.

siksikan na kaming mga lalaki sa likod  :(

I would definitely agree on this one... they have a car already alloted to them yet they still go to the mid and back coach... for crying out lout we're already packed like sardines back there... <_<

One more thing... I agree on the fact that most of the time... women push you when getting a ride on the train... they probably think you wouldn't mind coz they're women... but its downright annoying <_<

MRT/LRT are government owned, that's why customer service is very lousy. You know how it is in Philipine government, it's not quality of service, but who's your padrino.

* Fare cards always run out. Effect - long line from ticket booth all the way to the street (especially in North Ave. Station). Dangers - crowding is the favorite places of pick-pockets (a few paces away of the guards that check your bags). Danger of people queued up in EDSA being hit by run away vehicles. Danger of stampede - people in queue are tightly packed, if one falls, everybody falls. Danger - perfect target for bombers, will k*ll massive people without the fear of cover being blown. Just place the bomb under the dark staircase with a remote triggering mechanism, nobody will notice. Those security people, including the trained cops stationed there, are so dumb that they don't realize this danger.

* Trains too crowded - Most of the day, regardless of the time, trains are crowded. They should schedule more train on the track, and why don't the put an extra cart on the train? If you check, the platform design can accommodate one more couch/cart.

* Security lax - Guards are still 100% confident on their magic sticks (drum stick looking wood they use to poke your bag with). The guards usually use it as a probe, inserting the stick without actually looking into the bag. Are those sticks high end bomb detectors? Malusutan lang kayo nang isa diyan, ayos kayo, but then again our gov't are the best in the world at finger pointing and passing the blame.

* Air-conditioning - imagine how it feels in an overcrowded closed cart (i.e. insufficient ventilation) on a tropical country, without air-conditioning. A lot of times I get into a cart with no air-condition, not sure if it's broken. But there are times wherein after sweating a bucket, the train operator would turn on the air-conditioning 3 or 4 stations down.

* Lousy train schedule - if there's such a thing. Trains arrive in unpredictable interval, unlike in Singapore, Boston, an N.Y. subway wherein you know when the next train will arrive. Do you really have to be a first world country to have this? For goodness sake, you just need a watch!!! The MRT management should follow Singapore style in managing bus/MRT schedules. The drivers, aside from basic pay, are given an allowance. Every time the driver misses his target time on a station, a certain amount gets deducted from his paycheck. If the driver is good in keeping on time, he gets that allowance in whole. If he's lousy, that allowance disappears. If he's incompetent, he gets nothing because the deduction doesn't stop when the allowance is exhausted; penalty also eats up on their regular pay. It doesn't take a genius to come-up with this type of solution, one just needs passion in solving problems.

Same goes with our traffic problems; it's mainly the effect of poor implementation of the law. Imagine how much money the gov't is loosing because wayward drivers are not penalized, then they have the nerve to increase our taxes. To fix this traffic problem, enforcers should issue tickets. Traffic management should expect the brunt of the ticket to come in the traffic congested area, and if the tickets issued on such area is unusually low, that means somebody at the area is accepting bribe. The traffic management would issue a warning on the team leader of areas prone to bribe, a prelude to termination. Team leader in turns warns his staff to issue tickets or get fired. Our unemployment rate in the country is huge, even if you kick out all of the traffic enforcers; we have more than enough people to replace them. Why isn't this happening? You're right, their bosses is out to make money, not implement the law. Pakitang tao lang yung mga huli-huli kuno, otherwise, this problem would have been long solve. Just look at Subic in its hay day (Gordon's management), it can be done if the leader is dedicated.

The trams are very convenient to use although the MRT is a li'l crowded. I wish they could add more cars.

yes, more cars, since the first car is exclusively for women, they should add another car to compensate for the crowded cars alotted for men

I agree with this.....perhaps they should order double-decker cars. Sa itaas yung mga ladies.....sa ibaba yung mga manyaks.....tapos clear glass ang sahig ng upper deck... Ayos! :cool: Sakay ako mula North hanggang Taft nakatingala! Ha Ha Ha :thumbsupsmiley: Yun nga lang, maraming magkaka-stiff neck sa leeg..... :wacko:

pakiusap lang sa mga babae sa MRT, dun kayo sa car alotted for you.

siksikan na kaming mga lalaki sa likod  :(

I would definitely agree on this one... they have a car already alloted to them yet they still go to the mid and back coach... for crying out lout we're already packed like sardines back there... <_<

One more thing... I agree on the fact that most of the time... women push you when getting a ride on the train... they probably think you wouldn't mind coz they're women... but its downright annoying <_<

There are women who like to push or be pushed. Let's admit them. They like to be in the company of men..... :sick:

yan ang di ko maintindihan sa MRT and LRTA.

SEGREGATION daw. diba pag segregate, hinihinwalay? bakit sa 2nd up coaches, hindi naman hiwalay?

its not segregation, it is giving BETTER rights. hindi ba dapat EQUAL RIGHTS?

Yes, I definitely agree with this.....no equal rights......no EQUAL OPPORTUNITY!!!!! :grr:

Ayaw ko nang sumakay sa MRT dahil tinanggal na nila ang prepaid na mga tickets. Sana ibalik nila, kahit na tanggalin na nila ang last ride bonus kung talagang gusto nilang kumita ng malaki instead na makapagbigay na magandang customer service, lalo pang ma hahassle ang mga sumasakay kasi kailangang pumila para makabili ng ticket.

MRT/LRT are government owned, that's why customer service is very lousy.  You know how it is in Philipine government, it's not quality of service, but who's your padrino. 

* Fare cards always run out.  Effect - long line from ticket booth all the way to the street (especially in North Ave. Station).  Dangers - crowding is the favorite places of pick-pockets (a few paces away of the guards that check your bags). Danger of people queued up in EDSA being hit by run away vehicles.  Danger of stampede - people in queue are tightly packed, if one falls, everybody falls.  Danger - perfect target for bombers, will k*ll massive people without the fear of cover being blown.  Just place the bomb under the dark staircase with a remote triggering mechanism, nobody will notice.  Those security people, including the trained cops stationed there, are so dumb that they don't realize this danger.

* Trains too crowded - Most of the day, regardless of the time, trains are crowded.  They should schedule more train on the track, and why don't the put an extra cart on the train?  If you check, the platform design can accommodate one more couch/cart.

* Security lax - Guards are still 100% confident on their magic sticks (drum stick looking wood they use to poke your bag with).  The guards usually use it as a probe, inserting the stick without actually looking into the bag.  Are those sticks high end bomb detectors?  Malusutan lang kayo nang isa diyan, ayos kayo, but then again our gov't are the best in the world at finger pointing and passing the blame.

* Air-conditioning - imagine how it feels in an overcrowded closed cart (i.e. insufficient ventilation) on a tropical country, without air-conditioning.  A lot of times I get into a cart with no air-condition, not sure if it's broken.  But there are times wherein after sweating a bucket, the train operator would turn on the air-conditioning 3 or 4 stations down.

* Lousy train schedule - if there's such a thing.  Trains arrive in unpredictable interval, unlike in Singapore, Boston, an N.Y. subway wherein you know when the next train will arrive.  Do you really have to be a first world country to have this?  For goodness sake, you just need a watch!!!  The MRT management should follow Singapore style in managing bus/MRT schedules.  The drivers, aside from basic pay, are given an allowance.  Every time the driver misses his target time on a station, a certain amount gets deducted from his paycheck.  If the driver is good in keeping on time, he gets that allowance in whole.  If he's lousy, that allowance disappears.  If he's incompetent, he gets nothing because the deduction doesn't stop when the allowance is exhausted; penalty also eats up on their regular pay.  It doesn't take a genius to come-up with this type of solution, one just needs passion in solving problems.

Same goes with our traffic problems; it's mainly the effect of poor implementation of the law.  Imagine how much money the gov't is loosing because wayward drivers are not penalized, then they have the nerve to increase our taxes.  To fix this traffic problem, enforcers should issue tickets.  Traffic management should expect the brunt of the ticket to come in the traffic congested area, and if the tickets issued on such area is unusually low, that means somebody at the area is accepting bribe.  The traffic management would issue a warning on the team leader of areas prone to bribe, a prelude to termination.  Team leader in turns warns his staff to issue tickets or get fired.  Our unemployment rate in the country is huge, even if you kick out all of the traffic enforcers; we have more than enough people to replace them.  Why isn't this happening?  You're right, their bosses is out to make money, not implement the law.  Pakitang tao lang yung mga huli-huli kuno, otherwise, this problem would have been long solve.  Just look at Subic in its hay day (Gordon's management), it can be done if the leader is dedicated.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

They could not even unify the ticketing of the 3 LRT lines...

I know way before that there was an order from the palace to unify the ticketing system.

Their respond to this was to create an ID to have a ride all you can for 250 pesos per week..

so weekly ka mag papa update, mas hassle pa kesa bumili ka na lang ng Stored Value for each line.

hindi pa mag eexpire within a weeks time

Ride all you can... WTF ano yan Fun Ride????

Guest buru_tus
They could not even unify the ticketing of the 3 LRT lines...

I know way before that there was an order from the palace to unify the ticketing system.

Their respond to this was to create an ID to have a ride all you can for 250 pesos per week..

so weekly ka mag papa update, mas hassle pa kesa bumili ka na lang ng Stored Value for each line.

hindi pa mag eexpire within a weeks time

Ride all you can... WTF ano yan Fun Ride????

It is being done in other countries!!!

it's called a week pass!!!

pag bumisita kayo sa Hongkong, Singapore and Malaysia and you will stay there for a couple of days, it is cheaper to buy the week pass ticket for their MRT's

i use these railway systems sometimes. this is a convenient transportation; traffic - free and you reach your destinatiojn in record time.

but there are some rules and regulations here that will piss you off. take for example, in the MRT, bawal ang de lata. what if nag grocery ka? kahit sardinas, bawal? tama ba yun?

let us discuss the services being given to us by the MRT and LRT.

dang...i didn't know it's bein implemented until yesterday. mah sis and mom were carryin an unopened can of coke. we're so thirsty so we brought the drink and we're thinkin of drinkin it when we get off.

geezzz...that idea wuz plain stupid. why don't they just train employees how to recognize bombs, etc.

e tulad nga nun what if you did your grocery? so magtaxi ka na lang or bus?

dang...i didn't know it's bein implemented until yesterday. mah sis and mom were carryin an unopened can of coke. we're so thirsty so we brought the drink and we're thinkin of drinkin it when we get off.

geezzz...that idea wuz plain stupid. why don't they just train employees how to recognize bombs, etc.

e tulad nga nun what if you did your grocery? so magtaxi ka na lang or bus?

i remember one fine sunday morning (really, it was a clear and sunny day before these dumba$$es ruined it) and i iust finished Mass, bought a few stuff for pasalubong and went up the LRT2 station in Gilmore. the security guard opened my plastic bags, stuffed his face and said. "sir, nangangamoy po.."

oh yeah, there was some frozen, boneless daing inside.

"natural. binuksan mo eh.." i was still smiling. it was a fine sunday morning. and i just attended Mass.

"sir, bawal po ang nangangamoy sa tren.."

i thought it was a joke. when i noticed how serious he was, i simply told him (im still calm, by the way), "baka pwede tawagin mo yung supervisor mo. hindi naman talagang malakas ang amoy niyan. pag nakasara yung plastic, wala kang maaamoy."

the supervisor came out and did the same thing: opened the bag and stuffed his big nose inside. "sir hindi po pwede. aircon po kasi ang tren. pasensya na po."

"sigurado ka?" by this time, i was ready to reach for my cellphone and call my pals to give him something to REALLY worry about. but it was a sunday..

"pasensya na po. policy ng LRT."

"paano yung mga may anghit?" i was still smiling, no smirking, at him. he didn't respond anyway and i took my stuff and took a taxi instead.

buti na lang masarap yung bangus..

• 2 weeks later...

train service in the phils really sucks

napansin nyo ba yung ginagamit ng mga guards na stick?

that's the newest hi-tech xray/metal detector...pagtinusosk ng guard sa bag mo yon, di na nya tinitignan. alam agad ng detector kung may dala kang concealed weapon or weapon of mass destruction. :P nakikipagdaldalan na nga lng minsan yung mga guard eh...imbes na i-check nang maayos yung mga dala ng pasahero.

and damn, they didn't allow me to ride their train nung nagdala ako ng 6'8" na surfboard. masyado daw mahaba...bullshit!

train service in the phils really sucks

napansin nyo ba yung ginagamit ng mga guards na stick?

that's the newest hi-tech xray/metal detector...pagtinusosk ng guard sa bag mo yon, di na nya tinitignan. alam agad ng detector kung may dala kang concealed weapon or weapon of mass destruction. :P nakikipagdaldalan na nga lng minsan yung mga guard eh...imbes na i-check nang maayos yung mga dala ng pasahero.

and damn, they didn't allow me to ride their train nung nagdala ako ng 6'8" na surfboard. masyado daw mahaba...bullshit!

Actually am back to the Philippines from Singapore and I praise the mrt services here. You can actually skip traffic compared to riding a bus in Edsa to makati. Altho its 24/7 :( I still find it convenient. Security lacks here i knw but hey at least there are guards to ward off EVIL DOERS ahahhahaa compared to not having anything at all. They will slowly upgrade their equipment once they get back the money slowly from the income generated. Altho i think security force/service provide them.. I guess your complaints need to be heading to the security company the mrt (or phil government) has sub contracted or contracted.

• 11 months later...

minsan sira ang escalator and elevator going to MRT station, syempre gagamit ka ng stairs na pag kataas taas

especially sa boni station and shaw blvd station. pag dating mo sa taas, hingal hingal na tapos haba haba pa ng pila.

parang lumabalas na hinde kumikita ang MRT kasi walang pambayad sa repair ng elevator and escalator.

what the hell!

tama si marvin,

although may mga simpleng kapalpakan ang MRT & LRT services dito sa Manila (like the byzantine method of payment and turnstyles efficiency)

maswerte pa rin tayo na mayroon tayong napaka ganda at mabilis na method of transpo dito...

more thought lang on efficiency..

Tama. Kung walang MRT/LRT wala naman tayo reklamo

1. Sa buong Southeast Asia, ang LRT/MRT fare natin ang pinakamura

2. Masikip? Sumakay ng maaga or pagdateng sa dulo maluwag na

3. Mahigpit sa bomba? Remember the Rizal day bombing

4. Maamoy? Sa Singapore kahit malinis at maluwag, melon pa rin amoy... sila

tama si marvin,

although may mga simpleng kapalpakan ang MRT & LRT services dito sa Manila (like the byzantine method of payment and turnstyles efficiency)

maswerte pa rin tayo na mayroon tayong napaka ganda at mabilis na method of transpo dito...

more thought lang on efficiency..

yep may stored value card po.. ive been buying stored value cards since march.. di naman natigin un pre.. sa ayala lagi may benta.

i ride the MRT everyday since i live at qc and work near the fort. i ride it from quezon ave to ayala and vice versa. ang ayaw ko sa mrt, eh minsan dun pa lang sa entrance before you get passed the guards eh mahaba na agad pila. it usually happens pag after 6:30am. as in super haba! then another thing is, sa mga dulong stations ng TAFT and NORTH EDSA, PUNO na yung mga carts! super dami ng mga taong sumasakay dun.. kakainis! and then yung mga TAO na walang disiplina.. before nung mahal pa ung ticket sa MRT at bago pa sya, may pila sa mga entrance ng each cart eh, walang tulakan at siksikan... tapos naging pangmasa na, kaya ayun nabago ung sistema at nahaluan ng ugaling MASA na mahilig sa kaguluhan, siksikan, walang disiplina, tulakan. tapos sa pagpasok mo naman ng MRT cart, ung mga usual na nakaharang sa pinto eh mga tipong mga members ng MASA din, yung mga nahihiya pumasok and pumwesto sa gitna (either ilang sa suot nila, hiya baka maamoy sila na di pa naliligo o amoy pawis, o talagang mamaba lang ang confidence). and paglabas, sila din ang mga nakaharang. sows! magalit na ang mga mahuhurt pero totoo naman diba? pansinin nyo na lang pag sumasakay kayo ng MRT.