How About Japan (tokyo, Kyoto, And Other Cities

recommended ba magdrive sa japan in between cities instead of using jr pass for a party of 8? plan to go to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Hiroshima, Nagano, Tokyo, Yokohama...?

I think pag ako sa posisyon mo, I'll still go with JR Pass if only because it will be faster to travel between those cities. :D Sayang oras pag nasa kotse - admittedly, may sights but then again, kung hindi ka naman magtatagal sa Japan (as in 4 months, for example), make better use of your time na lang.

I think pag ako sa posisyon mo, I'll still go with JR Pass if only because it will be faster to travel between those cities. :D Sayang oras pag nasa kotse - admittedly, may sights but then again, kung hindi ka naman magtatagal sa Japan (as in 4 months, for example), make better use of your time na lang.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I currently live in Kyoto and like what most people are saying mahal nga dito so don't convert na lang. My friend recently purchased a ticket sa Cebu Pac for only 7400 all-in. Not bad db? He's going to stay with so he'll save at least 3500yen/night compared sa mga guesthouse accommodations.

We decided yung food trip will only be like one meal a day and the other two dito sa apartment. I asked him about what he wanted to do. Most people like to go to Tokyo (big city feel) but since I am in the Kansai area it'll be more convenient to go to Osaka instead :) mas malaput pa. JR Pass is really a great and sulit investment.

Ang mura lang dito ay mga electronic stuff, generally speaking unless may mga end-of-season sale at pag meron naman winner din sa mura...just plan accordingly yung gustong puntahan and prepare to walk :)

Sana may magawi dito sa Kyoto :)

Same ata yan sa nakuha naming flight for April. Halos nasa ganun din ang price. Wife and I will be in Osaka on April 3. We'll be staying in Kyoto from April 7 onwards and leave Japan on April 10.

We'll most likely visit the same places we visited last year (in Osaka and Kyoto) because we didn't get to catch the cherry blossoms. Arashiyama was also a bust because we got there a bit late and got lost in the bamboo forest (hehe... no people at that time anymore - katakot!)

In Osaka, we'll be staying at a hotel that has a spa - it was one of the cheaper hotels with available room.

In Kyoto, we'll be staying in one of the semi-Ryokans. I don't think it's a real Ryokan but it will have "that" feel. If there's space in Hotel New Hankyu (in front of Kyoto station where we stayed before), we would've chosen that - but alas, it is fully booked.

Speaking of electronic stuff saan masaya mag-check ng mga yun na ok ang price? :)

Edited by Moronoxy

We'll be dropping by Den Den Town in Osaka ... I heard that Yodobashi is a bit more expensive than the shops in Den Den Town but if we have time, we'll drop by there as well since it's near the station/s.

Geisha-stalking in Gion is actually in our list this year. hehehe

We tried Musashi in Kyoto Station (around 137 yen ata per plate of sushi), it's a conveyor-belt-type of sushi restaurant. Cheap and yummy - especially the smoked duck. :D

Na-intriga naman ako sa kainan sa Porto mall since andun kami everyday last year. Haha. Bad trip lang kasi pasara na ang mga shop pag dumadating kami kasi late na. Napa-Goemon na lang kami.

Uji - interesting.... I'll add this to the list pag may extra time. :)

Pinai, na-try mo na ba magpadala ng balikbayan box? The wife and I were thinking that if we want a lot of stuff brought home and di kasya sa bagahe, we might want to send a box over instead. Kaya lang, medyo mahal yung mga nakikita namin so far. May mairerecommend ka ba in case kailanganin namin? :D

Sorry late reply.

Let me know if Den-Den Town is good, okay? :)

Yup, geisha-stalking is really fun tapos kung curious lang kayo e yung opposite ng Gion (parang kadugtong ng street on the other side) ay yung red light district daw according sa Nihon-jin friend namin. If you can google くらすし (kurasushi) then better din kse a plate only costs 105yen :) o db?! When I go to Kyoto eki again, I will try to take a picture of that place or if it has an English name.

You can also search for the top 10things to do in Uji. Just make sure that you the JR Nara line or Keihan line from Kyoto eki para no transfers :) One of the attractions in Uji aside from World Heritage sites there is the oldest bridge in Japan is there.

Dati nung nandito ako ng 2010, unli-weight pa pero dahil sa medyo abusado din mga foreigners not just Pinoys pero other Asians too lol e ngka-weight limit na. Google mo na lang sila. Usually may marunong mag-Filipino sa ganyan. Try nyo rin sagarin yung weight limit nyo sa Cebu Pac. Keri n cgro yun. :)

I hope nakatulong ako.

Very helpful indeed! :) I'll go google those things. Hehe... except for the red-light district near Gion - since wholesom ang trip dahil kasama si misis. Hahaha

Hotel Metropolitan in Tokyo is a pretty nice to hotel to stay in. it's average is 8.4/10 in client stay review. price ranges between 130-180 USD per night. its pretty steep but its worth it for a 4 star hotel. the one thing i noticed in Japan is, the rooms are really small. so if you would stay at 3 star or less hotels. don't expect your room to be anything bigger than maybe 12-14 sq/m

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...