Smart, Globe Or Sun?

Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?

• Smart
    • Globe
    • Sun

i agree that globe people only patronize their platinum members. too bad, i reckon that there are only a handful of them than regular members. globe has bad customer service people at their business centre in ayala and robinsons ortigas. the service is soooooooooooooooo slow to think that there are not that much customers around.

im for GLOBE, it just happens that globe has a clearer signal in the places that i frequent (zambales/baguio metro manila) and mas nakakatipid ako sa globe kaysa SMART ( used to own a smart sim),  pero i'm using a SUN in partnership with my GLOBE number right now :D  :D  :D Globe for business / Sun for fun .......

bakit sa amin sa zambales e mahina ang signal ng globe. smart ang malakas. baka naman malapit lang yan sa olongapo kaya malakas ang signal. before mahina ang signal ng smart sa town namin pero someone from smart reported na mahina ang signal nila at that place tapos after a few weeks, mas malakas na ang reception ng smart compared sa globe :D

i agree that globe people only patronize their platinum members. too bad, i reckon that there are only a handful of them than regular members. globe has bad customer service people at their business centre in ayala and robinsons ortigas. the service is soooooooooooooooo slow to think that there are not that much customers around.

you bet. i believe that ayala run corporations apply the top "20/80 policy". They priorotize the top 20 percent of their customers who gives them 80 percent of their business

Maybe since the top 20% are the once that's giving them the profit margin they desire. Kaya if your not "PLATINUM" -s**t ka!

But they are not as bad as the Lopezes naman. I just moved in the area where it is handled by Manila Water- an Ayala Subsidiary and found my bill 30% cheaper than when I was handled by Lopez' Maynilad!

Going backl to the subject- Globe has special booth for Platinum members. For the rest SUFFER! E pano "poor" lang kayo" este tayo pala. Kasama pala ako dun!

Update lang po- Globe filed a case against Sun for their program of 24/7. They claim that such program are predatory and should be restricted for a few months only at best as a promo gimmick. A few days ago Piltel (talk & text and Smart Group) filed the same resolution.

Talk about bullies! They hate to see their profit shrink kasi. E pano they made us get into the habit of texting and over using our services which brings out windfall profits for them (see their corporate earnings grow!)

If only people would unite and teach these assholes a lesson or two. Say target one muna and boycott their services for a week or two or even down grade their plans and get a Sun sim as a back-up and give it a preferential usage. Baka sakaling magising ikanga!

I will start with myself and cut down my Globe this month! I will also influense my family and friends.

Anyway most of us aren't "Platinum".

By the way, I did convince to Platinum holders to drop Globe heh heh!

GLobe sucks, before, i used to use the gprs service to read my mails & stuff. a few months ago, when i received my bill, i was surprised & shocked that they have already begun charging for gprs usage. the studpid cs rep told me that they only started charging the month before. as a subscriber, i should be properly notified about it, but NO, i didn't received any text or call about it. I only found out when the stupid bill came. because of the "mix up" daw, they can "only" offer me a 50% reduction of charges instead of a complete reversal of charges.

It seems that Globe really takes care of their Platinum subscribers... I am not one, though my bills exceed the standard rate for Platinum subs... The best thing about it is that they gave me a Nokia 9500 Communicator for 80% discount...

However, the 24/7 offer of Sun is so tempting that I wasn't able to resist it... Imagine a bill of just 250 for 30 days?

I still keep my Globe line coz it's very reliable and had another phone for the 24/7.

SMART - always has signal in all the places i go to. Always has signal in my house. Innovative company. Person locator.

Smart introduced to the world (and i mean the world) the idea and the viability of electronic load... buying load in small amounts as if buying shampoo in sachet... and the pasaload was invented by Smart

I've been with Smart since 99 and i am satisfied. I once had a Buddy SIM but im now on Smart Gold since 2002...

And Smart has a more clear-cut market segmentation...

For the low-end, there's Talk N Text

For the high-end, there's Addict Mobile

And for somewhere in between, Smart

GLOBE - not always has signal in all the places i go. NO SIGNAL inside my house. Many times merely copies off Smart's ideas. No person locator service... only for the Gizmo (for kids)

I remember back in 99 whether to go for Globe or Smart... At that time, Globe had severe problems... always network busy... you can't make calls and text messages reach the recipient 8 hours later... (That's why i chose Smart)

And Globe refused to interconnect their SMS service with Smart... It was Erap who twisted their arm that they agreed to interconnect wiith Smart...

The company i work for issued me a Globe cell phone in 2003... It works but not when im at home... My boss and other colleagues and the field personnel could not reach me when im at home... I miss out on plenty of important texts... The company gave it up and switched to Smart

SUN - Gives Globe & Smart a run for their money with the 24/7 Free Calls and Text. But then, Sun has a long way to go... It's still quite half-baked. No signal in places i travel to... And even if there is signal, it's so hard to make or receive calls and texts... SUN (Digitel) rushed into the cellphone network business too quickly... leaving many things overlooked...

Actually they were there long ago as Digitel- the party phone. That was using analog. Now switching from analog to GSM is another story. Sun needs to set up new installations to cope up with signals. It was like that with Globe and Smart 6 years ago.

I just use the 24/7 whenever I can to max out my 24/7- iits defenitely value for money! Now in case, there are no signal for sun- then I use my Globe- but now it won't be as frequest as before.

hyacinth- they didn't offer to switch your account to platinum? hmmmm? Straange! I have a friend whose bill hit 5,000 only twice in a year and yet was offered to covert to Platinum without increasing his plan. Yup they gave him a communicator too! Not at a discount, but for FREE!

To each his/ her own. But I suggest you explain or site the qualities of your preferred telecom provider. I.E. "I'm for Globe or Smart because they are reliable" or you may even use this as an outlet for your pent-up disgust on their services.

Thanks and have a nice week ahead! Kung Hei Fat Choy to all who celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year! ( Too bad for this year though. The Chinese New Year falls on an Ash Wednesday! For strict practinioners of the Catholic Faith-take note!)

smart is usually for people going out of town a lot.. it has the largest network 2nd lang globe last and sun.. kaya parate mahiarp mag connect sa sun especially whne they gave out the 24/7 thing.. btw rumor has it that the only reason sun is doing this is because they are planning to sell their network, but according to some sources the buyer will only agree if they get a certain amount of subscribers... thus the call and text all you can. right now they cant even guarantee how lang the promo will last. lalo na pag pre-paid ka lang.

Smart is the better one i think parate sila may magandang promo for new subscribers.

although im a gobe user im quite dissapointed by them. 2 years ago i was one of those people who availed of the loyalty points promo. i got my t68i at the globe rate parang 17k when the going was 12k nalang ata.

then as a condition the asked me to upgrade from my advantage (255 ata) to g text 1200. I can only say it was definitely not worth it, plus they even billed me for the phone entire 17k and gave me a hard time to reverse the charge for months. again service.. kupal..

now recently i was aking if they still have that same promo. wala na daw di na daw sila nagbibigay ng phone sa old subscriber, putulin mo nalang luma mong line and get a new one.

but i got a different story from a crs on the phone when i decided to downgrade my plan after my contract. they asked me if i recently availed of any promo's cuz i hav 17k worth of credit. hmmm again again??

GLOBE should stop playing games and just lay down the rules...

I would say stick to the big networks globe or smart.. just go to where the best offer is.. currently smart has the cheaper units.. but you can always wait for them to give out their p910 for plan 1200 like last year. now thats worth the wait

The old shock and awe style eh?

They only need the "platinum" members which comprises the top 20% users.  Those who have billings of 5,000 or more per month.  The rest of us "small time" with billings of 4,999.99 -80%- they don't need. 

In short- Not a Platinum? s**t ka!

tama ka dyan my friends bro was a smart user until recently... heavy user din siya dahil lahat ng agents niya eh nakapangalan sakanya phone kaya they wer given 2 units na p900 before at 4k each, but recently a globe agent called him up asking him to transfer his account. inoffer sakanya the most expensive top of the line phone i think the new o2 xda phone.. the new one not the old one na pinamigay ng smart. and also they offered to pay the smart ermination fee worth 35k.. so now globe na siya.. wow i just wish ganun treatment sa lahat...

Just got off the phone talkin to a globe customer relation , sa customer rewards ako na transfer, sabi naman ngayun dapat average ako 1800 a month para kasali ako sa rewards. duh eh baket minention pa saaken b4 ng isang CRofficer kung 1200 lang ako a month... dami talaga double talk ang globe.. kunti nalang puputol kko na yan...

ParenG Edge, either putolin mo na o idowngrade mo and get a Sun as back-up.

That's what I plan to do.

Globe also gave me a T68i 2 years ago. But I had a 1800 plan. Now they claim they will give me rebate na lang. Actually I didn't enjoy the T68i. I gave it away after 3 days to my brother since hindi ako sanay sa Sony-Ericson. I bought myself a 6610. They are offering me a rebate of 5000 spread to 6 months if I signed up again for 2 years.

Called them and said thanks, but no thanks. Told them I had 5 lines. All my bills totalling a high of 12,000 a month with a low of 8,000 combined bills.

You'd think they will consider? NOPE! Despite the fact that all those lines are under my name.

Worst part was, I asked one of their customer service about terminating my already finished contract and apply another one to get a free phone. But i had requested to use my old number. They explained that they can only release my old number after 6 months. When I asked how will my clients get in touch with me, the Customer Service guy said "Problema n'yo yan. Not our problem".

It's useless to try to get something from them. Am fed up, so off the door I go.

You know what's strange? they got shocked when I turned down the rebate! Told them kala n'yo you can buy back your insult?

GLOBE FOR GOOD-BYE!

i never had a smart before so i dont know how smart users feel... i always go for globe before.... but i lost my phone together with my sim but right now i was using a sun sim....

with comparison to sun may signal naman sa lahat ng pinupuntahan ko.... un nga lang mahirap minsan signal... and nagsisimula pa lang kasi kaya medyo hirap pa at di pa pino operations nila...

with my globe dati??? ok naman... i will go for globe pa rin... the thing is their billing or charging... minsan magugulat ka na lang basta.... pero i like their service all in all....

sa smart sooner gonna try that provider....