Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

I just wanna share this...

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=6655

Men: Body-Building Supplements Can Cause Cancer

Baseball players, and even rap singers, have been suspected of taking illegal drugs to strengthen their bodies. Now researchers have discovered that some perfectly legal and easily available over-the-counter body-building dietary supplements may lead to prostate cancer.

Doctors discovered this when two patients being seen by at a local hospital developed aggressive prostate cancer within months of starting daily consumption of the same dietary supplement. Both men purchased the same product, one to develop stronger muscles and enhance sexual performance, the other to gain muscle. When they read the product’s label and analyzed the contents, they found that it listed ingredients that were not present, misrepresented the concentrations of the ingredients that were present and failed to list all the steroid hormones contained in the product.

Urologist Shahrokh Shariat says, "Given that testosterone supplements are in high demand, there is significant concern that supplements, in addition to the one we evaluated, may pose an urgent human health risk." Young men also need to be careful about a certain kind of oil.

One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer some time in their life. Getting the disease isn't always the real problem, because the tumor can often be targeted and destroyed. The problem is when it spreads, but now scientists may have solved this problem too.

A protein called "Tes" can block another protein, called "Mena," which helps cancer cells spread from the original tumor. BBC News quotes researcher Michael Way as saying, "[This discovery] gives us clues in designing drugs which mimic the interaction with Tes and prevent cells from migrating, although that's a long way away."

I think I need to take supplements to give me energy and stamina kasi after my workouts I feel so light headed, shaky, and I feel like vomiting.

I drink water during my workouts and I don't know if that is contributing to me feeling sick(vomiting). I don't drink naman too much...just to

get rid of that dryness in my mouth and throat.

The problem is I'm diabetic and I'm on Metformin (I've got my diabetes under control).

I don't know what supplements to take and if I should even be taking any.

Has anyone here heard of energy supplements that is good for diabetics? And something that will not give me the gitters and shakes.

I was taking Hydrocut before and it made me have palpitations but that was the old formula where they had ephedra.

thanks for your input :)

I think I need to take supplements to give me energy and stamina kasi after my workouts I feel so light headed, shaky, and I feel like vomiting.

I drink water during my workouts and I don't know if that is contributing to me feeling sick(vomiting). I don't drink naman too much...just to

get rid of that dryness in my mouth and throat.

The problem is I'm diabetic and I'm on Metformin (I've got my diabetes under control).

I don't know what supplements to take and if I should even be taking any.

Has anyone here heard of energy supplements that is good for diabetics? And something that will not give me the gitters and shakes.

I was taking Hydrocut before and it made me have palpitations but that was the old formula where they had ephedra.

thanks for your input :)

did you follow the dosage as followed or did you take in a lot more tablets?

Glucorell is a good choice since it was also originally used as a medication for diabetics in Germany.

did you follow the dosage as followed or did you take in a lot more tablets?

Glucorell is a good choice since it was also originally used as a medication for diabetics in Germany.

I took Hydrocut as indicated but as I said that was years ago when it was made with Ephedra and that's probably what

gave me the jitters.

Thanks for telling me about Glucorell...I'm going to research it and hopefully I can find it here in Vegas. Will Glucorell give

me energy and stamina like what I'm looking for? Or is it mainly for weightloss?

Edited by hottlipss
I took Hydrocut as indicated but as I said that was years ago when it was made with Ephedra and that's probably what

gave me the jitters.

Thanks for telling me about Glucorell...I'm going to research it and hopefully I can find it here in Vegas. Will Glucorell give

me energy and stamina like what I'm looking for? Or is it mainly for weightloss?

GlucorellR is basically alapha lipolic acid.. what it does is it shoves carbs into the muscle cells instead of the fat cells.

if you are looking for an energy booster, you can try checking out thermorexin. its a way better and cheaper product as compared to hydroxycut

GlucorellR is basically alapha lipolic acid.. what it does is it shoves carbs into the muscle cells instead of the fat cells.

if you are looking for an energy booster, you can try checking out thermorexin. its a way better and cheaper product as compared to hydroxycut

thanks Olympus! I just ordered Thermorexin and Glucorell R from worldclassnutrion.com. Can't wait to get them. I'll tell you how they work out.

I hope I don't bulk up though like I did when I was training 15 years ago. I want that long muscle tone and definition and not so much the bulkyness like

what I achieved before. I try to fit in a 30 min stretchingto be long and limber once a week into my 3 to 4 days of cardio/strenth training.

Unlike before, I'm not focus on the weights...I stay with my 1,3,5, and 10 lbs dumbbells and not rigorous weight lifting/body building like before.

Edited by hottlipss
thanks Olympus! I just ordered Thermorexin and Glucorell R from worldclassnutrion.com. Can't wait to get them. I'll tell you how they work out.

I hope I don't bulk up though like I did when I was training 15 years ago. I want that long muscle tone and definition and not so much the bulkyness like

what I achieved before. I try to fit in a 30 min stretchingto be long and limber once a week into my 3 to 4 days of cardio/strenth training.

Unlike before, I'm not focus on the weights...I stay with my 1,3,5, and 10 lbs dumbbells and not rigorous weight lifting/body building like before.

Actually, you won't get too muscular since women don't have enough testosterone to get muscular. Try reading up on escalating density training... its a great workout :cool:

• 2 months later...

barring really stubborn genes that predispose u to having short "stout" muscles, u can actually "shape" the muscle by modifying the range of motion during an exercise as some scientists claim. i know some here would raise eyebrows and shoot this piece...but my point is there's no harm in trying something new. in my case, variations in grips and strokes, e.g., wide-grip to narrower grip, pullup vs. chinup vs. isolations, help me overcame some of my genetic tendencies...we have the same issues btw.

also, u might want to try mixing ur resistance training with pilates and yoga. these focus on stretching and improving ur flexibility. stretching is always good for a strained muscle. they allow for fast recovery. and adding flexibility ensures u get to perform exercises with improved ranges of motion, allowing u to target those near-joint muscle fibres and maximising growth. the result? a longer, "smoother" (not chunky) muscles. nba athletes usually stretch as long as they do workout. and i guess, their chiseled bodies and functional strengths are testaments to the effectivity of these regimens. and i should know...i maximised my gains when i do pilates in between lifting weights.

wow buti nlng andito pa rin si master jacques yehey!

eto pa isa kong tanong,

which is better, ON Pro Complex (not the gainer) or Zero Carb Isopure?

Pro Complex provides a blend of protein: Whey isolates, concentrates, hydrolysates, egg albumen and etc... you see the only difference of these protein mixes is that some tend to be digested faster and some takes longer time to break down. Thus, theoretically supplies a steady release of aminos in the bloodstream. Zero Carb Isopure or other whey isolate protein drinks offer the highest biological value of protein pound for pound. Meaning, whey isolates are clear of unwanted carbs, sugar and fats. It's whey protein at the purest form. Isolates tend to be digested very rapidly promoting a very rapid rise in amono levels in the bloodstream.

In my opinion, whey isolates are great for pre/during/post workout. Pro Complex however is a good protein choice to take in between meals because it also is way more satisfying and tastes better (richer consistency and texture). If you're a recreational lifter, I'd say go for pro-complex since you are not competing in shows where dieting will really demand you for days to deplete carbs.

Pro Complex provides a blend of protein: Whey isolates, concentrates, hydrolysates, egg albumen and etc... you see the only difference of these protein mixes is that some tend to be digested faster and some takes longer time to break down. Thus, theoretically supplies a steady release of aminos in the bloodstream. Zero Carb Isopure or other whey isolate protein drinks offer the highest biological value of protein pound for pound. Meaning, whey isolates are clear of unwanted carbs, sugar and fats. It's whey protein at the purest form. Isolates tend to be digested very rapidly promoting a very rapid rise in amono levels in the bloodstream.

In my opinion, whey isolates are great for pre/during/post workout. Pro Complex however is a good protein choice to take in between meals because it also is way more satisfying and tastes better (richer consistency and texture). If you're a recreational lifter, I'd say go for pro-complex since you are not competing in shows where dieting will really demand you for days to deplete carbs.

kung protein blend ang pro complex e di parehas lang sya sa syntha-6 or sa muscle milk

e di ba mas ok mag take ng syntha or mm before bedtime kasi mabagal ang breakdown ng protein

parang naguguluhan ako

kung protein blend ang pro complex e di parehas lang sya sa syntha-6 or sa muscle milk

e di ba mas ok mag take ng syntha or mm before bedtime kasi mabagal ang breakdown ng protein

parang naguguluhan ako

Exactly. Put it this way, Pro Complex, Syntha-6 and other protein blend are more calorie densed and takes more time to digest. IMO, not really a good choice for post workout when you need protein serum levels to peak asap.

Exactly. Put it this way, Pro Complex, Syntha-6 and other protein blend are more calorie densed and takes more time to digest. IMO, not really a good choice for post workout when you need protein serum levels to peak asap.

ano po marecommend mo na post workout protein drink, master jacques

gusto ko sana ung konti lang ang carbs kasi takot ako sa mga madami ngang protein tapos madami ding carbs (for example: 37g protein 19g carbohydrates)

also posible ba na mag take ng creatine along with a fat burner @ the same time?

Edited by worshipme

sa pagkaka alam ko , based on research and tanung sa mga experts sa gym , kelangan mo ng combination ng protein and hi GI carbs immediately after workout. ideally 0.8 gram carb per kg of bodyweight and 0.4 protein . di ako sure dyan, based ko lang yan sa pagtatanung tanung ko sa mga nagggym and sa net.

Edited by mr. john
ano po marecommend mo na post workout protein drink, master jacques

gusto ko sana ung konti lang ang carbs kasi takot ako sa mga madami ngang protein tapos madami ding carbs (for example: 37g protein 19g carbohydrates)

also posible ba na mag take ng creatine along with a fat burner @ the same time?

Not unless you are competing or, under a ketosis type of diet (which I doubt), carbs are actually recommended for post workout along with the protein. The carbs ingested after workout has a low chance of being stored as body fat but is immediately stored in muscles as glycogen (At this point, your muscle glycogen storage is pretty depleted). Moreover, the simple carbs (hopefully) that you will take along with your protein after work out will give your body an insulin spike, thus enabling a more efficient absorbtion of the protein ingested.

If I were you, I wont worry too much on post workout carbs but be sensitive on the carb choices you make with the meals you have along the day.

Edited by Jacques

hello to all experts here.

had anyone tried this CELL-TECH HARDCORE Creatine. any feedback?

my goal is to build muscle. i had tried this GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein but i noticed a little improvement.

just got this Cell-Tech Hardcore 4.5LB. hope i picked the better supplements to build muscles.

• 3 weeks later...