Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

guys, sinisita ba sa airport ang whey protein? specifically papuntang province..kc bnabalak k magdala pag uwi ko sa provnce..mag stay kc ako dun for a month..bawal ba? tnx

no

all of the supplements that im taking came from the states (whey,dextrose,creatine)

The liquid creatine concept is a good theory but I have to agree with enkateam that creatine has been proven to be unstable and converts to creatinine quickly in liquids. Thus, even on its powdered form, it's never really adviced to let creatine sit too long in the liquid you'd mix it in. Ideally you should consume it after mixing it with your preferred beverage ASAP. Once again, you might want to research these products and find reviews from actual users in the net. Peace.

enkateam and Jaques,

Thanks for your advice, guys. I was able to take it for 2 weeks already and was expecting the additional kick I get during my work out which I didn't find. I was beginning to doubt, thus I posted this question.

It would have been really good to have creatine in liquid form and as stable as they claim to be.

Thanks again and I'll follow your other advice.

sikosci,

The label said it's creatine in it's purest form and is 100% stable. They claim of their "technological breakthrough" which enabled this. They even have a table comparisson of their creatine with the powder type. Very few people in the gym are familiar with it or actually used it. I just thought I'd give it a try.

sikosci,

The label said it's creatine in it's purest form and is 100% stable. They claim of their "technological breakthrough" which enabled this. They even have a table comparisson of their creatine with the powder type. Very few people in the gym are familiar with it or actually used it. I just thought I'd give it a try.

Here's the thing. If it's really a breakthrough, I guess bigger supplement companies like Muscletech, Optimum Nutrition, BSN, EAS and etc., would come out with their versions of liquid creatine. In my opinion, even if we assume that they have the technology to make creatine stable in liquids, you'd be probably paying more than creatine alone since you also pay for the "other" ingredients to make the products stable. Thus, my point is why not stick to the basic and buy creatine in its purest form? The "liquid" creatine concept may just be a marketing hype to differentiate it from its competitors. Sad part is, it seems worse from its counterparts.

I remember that Myostatin blocking supplements. In theory, the myostatin gene limits the muscle growth in one's body. They theorized that when you can neutralize this gene, you can "unlock" more muscle growth potential. They experimented this on rats and cows and their theories were correct. However, with the assumption that it would work for humans, it has yet to be proven. Several supplements came out to promote neutralization of the myostatin gene. Sad to say, all these products were only "theoretical" in nature and never really delivered results.

Supplements are good as long as it was being tested and scrutinized with medical experts and was accepted and not banned in major countries. so before you take a supplement, try to research the product on the net. ;)

in some ways i would agree with this :D

sikosci,

oh i see..thanks but at any rate do be careful with, and consider taking the powdered creatine form..

just my 2 cents :D

Here's the thing. If it's really a breakthrough, I guess bigger supplement companies like Muscletech, Optimum Nutrition, BSN, EAS and etc., would come out with their versions of liquid creatine. In my opinion, even if we assume that they have the technology to make creatine stable in liquids, you'd be probably paying more than creatine alone since you also pay for the "other" ingredients to make the products stable. Thus, my point is why not stick to the basic and buy creatine in its purest form? The "liquid" creatine concept may just be a marketing hype to differentiate it from its competitors. Sad part is, it seems worse from its counterparts.

I remember that Myostatin blocking supplements. In theory, the myostatin gene limits the muscle growth in one's body. They theorized that when you can neutralize this gene, you can "unlock" more muscle growth potential. They experimented this on rats and cows and their theories were correct. However, with the assumption that it would work for humans, it has yet to be proven. Several supplements came out to promote neutralization of the myostatin gene. Sad to say, all these products were only "theoretical" in nature and never really delivered results.

And they didn't even consider that perhaps these test animals had damaged myostatic genes

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 120caps of hydroxicut hardcore... been in here in canada for 2 months noww.. around Cad$60 with tax.. and I need to start on my workout again... what's you recommended dosage? I'm a bit overweight for my height.. 145lbs and only 5'3" but the extra weight is not all fats.. ok na sa akin yung katawan ko.. i just have to really lose my tummy... Kung wala kasi akong chest para na siguro akong butetesa laki ng tyan ko... as well as my double chin... I already have th chest and the triceps.. I just need to work on my biceps as well.. Last February bumili ako nito sa Pinas pero naka 20 caps lang yata ako binigay ko sa tropa ko di kkc alam kung pwede ko dalhin sa flight.. (i shoud have taken it though...) ang dosage ko before was 1 pill in the morning and 1 in the afternoon aroud 4pm...

ngayon.. i take the pill like two hours before I start working out... threadmill and weights... iniinom ko yung pill like 5PM bago umalis sa opisina then yung workout ko mga 9to 10PM na... tama ba or mali? I need you expert advices... 1 or two pills a day? alam ko kasi iba ang dosage para sa ating mga pinoy eh... I need to get ripped!!! daming matataba dito canada eh.. grabe ang obesity dito... ayoko matulad sa kanila...

thanx ..

Edited by vanillasky
I just bought a 120caps of hydroxicut hardcore... been in here in canada for 2 months noww.. around Cad$60 with tax.. and I need to start on my workout again... what's you recommended dosage? I'm a bit overweight for my height.. 145lbs and only 5'3" but the extra weight is not all fats.. ok na sa akin yung katawan ko.. i just have to really lose my tummy... Kung wala kasi akong chest para na siguro akong butetesa laki ng tyan ko... as well as my double chin... I already have th chest and the triceps.. I just need to work on my biceps as well.. Last February bumili ako nito sa Pinas pero naka 20 caps lang yata ako binigay ko sa tropa ko di kkc alam kung pwede ko dalhin sa flight.. (i shoud have taken it though...) ang dosage ko before was 1 pill in the morning and 1 in the afternoon aroud 4pm...

ngayon.. i take the pill like two hours before I start working out... threadmill and weights... iniinom ko yung pill like 5PM bago umalis sa opisina then yung workout ko mga 9to 10PM na... tama ba or mali? I need you expert advices... 1 or two pills a day? alam ko kasi iba ang dosage para sa ating mga pinoy eh... I need to get ripped!!! daming matataba dito canada eh.. grabe ang obesity dito... ayoko matulad sa kanila...

thanx ..

walang nagreply sa tanong ko.... 2 caps na ako ngayon before lunch and 2caps after 5pm... workout mga 8 pm .. tama ba?

thanx ..

sir, try to take the minimum dosage first sir then increase to tolerance, take it 30mins before meals

but before starting your dosage, list down your typical workout day and meal plan for the day, adjust accordingly to your desired target then take it from there

hi all!

sorry too lazy to back read....

how much does designer whey cost? and what brand would you recommend?

i am planning on buying some, but i really have no idea on what....

sasawa na ko kakabili sa fruit magic ng shake eh....

bro,

it depends where you buy it...if you buy it from a mall shop, it will cost you alot more...if you buy it from us, AFFORDABLE NUTRITION, (located at unit #35 Cityland Makati Executive Tower 1, dela rosa st. corner osmena highway)...you buy at 30 to 45% less...if you are very concern of the price, we have Precision Engineered Whey for alot less but you will get alot more...this is the best whey in terms of value for your money...PM me for more info...thanks much

sir, try to take the minimum dosage first sir then increase to tolerance, take it 30mins before meals

but before starting your dosage, list down your typical workout day and meal plan for the day, adjust accordingly to your desired target then take it from there

nagminimum dosage ako for 1 week... then 2caps 1 hour before lunch and 2 caps 5pm bago umuwi .. ok na bayun pre..

My work out schedule has been pathetic the last two weeks, just when I went back to taking creatine. No thanks to my work load. :wacko:

Jacques, do you take creatine daily even if your work out schedule is irregular? I can still manage (actually, drag myself)to work out 2-3 times weekly, though I get to skip a day or two sometimes. Appreciate your input.

Hi Jacques.

Why is it all suppplements have a disclaimer that says "these statements have not evaluated by the FDA"?

Hmmm.... If I'm correct, the FDA's (Food & Drug Administration) purpose is to actually test if a product (food products, drugs/medicine, vitamins/supplements)

1.) is safe for human consumption

2.) identifies and quantifies and verifies the macro and micro nutritional content (that can be seen listed under the nutrition facts if it's a food/beverage/food supplement product)

3.) reviews the studies and test that've been done to prove the purpose of the product (if it's a drug/medicine) if it claims to treat a certain ailment

As for most, if not all supplements, it's common to see the label "these statements have not evaluated by the FDA" Why? The simple answer is that because they are mere supplements. In other words, they are not there to replace the basic nutrition our body needs from food sources. Thus, it's not always safe to say that "Product X is the reason why Juan Dela Cruz turned to captain barbell." athletes/bodybuilders/models have the body they have because of their lifestyle (training and diet). I think the FDA can not endorse or even evaluate the claims of supplement companies with regards to their products because you have the basic assumption that the test subjects are basically people who still take in food. Thus, you can not establish a direct link wether or not if he/she has a great body/has performance enhanced just by taking the supplement alone.

This is why we've always said that before experimenting with supplements, it is important to evaluate and fix your current diet first. Maybe you don't see progress because you're taking to little of this or too much of that. When you're confident enough of your diet, for me that's the best time to consider supplements. It doesn't hurt to ask around or do your own research also.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

My work out schedule has been pathetic the last two weeks, just when I went back to taking creatine. No thanks to my work load. :wacko:

Jacques, do you take creatine daily even if your work out schedule is irregular? I can still manage (actually, drag myself)to work out 2-3 times weekly, though I get to skip a day or two sometimes. Appreciate your input.

To answer your question, yes I do take creatine everyday. Although I'm not sure if my approach would work for you, here's my input as requested. Since I was never a fan of new creatine products like CEE (creatine ethyl ester), CAKG (creatine alphaketaglutarate), Kre-Alkalyn and etc., I stick with the good old micronized creatine monohydrate powder. My research tells me that this is still the best reliable creatine form out their backed by solid research. When I cycle with ceatine, I usually go thru what they'd call the loading phase (some people actually don't think this is necessarry): 5 days of 15-20 grams of creatine split to 2-4 servings. For maintenance, I usually take 5 grams with my protein shake after I work out. On none work out days, I take it during breakfast or maybe lunch. I manage to train 4 to 5 times a week with a split program. The duration of my creatine intake wouldn't last for more than a month or 2. Then, I lay off creatine for a month or 2 also.

My opinion: If you can't establish a regular work out schedule, I don't think creatine is necessary. If your workload is too much maybe creatine is not the answer. Maybe you're stressed? Overworked? Have an inconsistent diet? If you think creatine will fix your energy requirements, yes it will help you train harder and longer but not change your physique as I assume that's what the majority's goal.

To put it more clearly: "Sayang ang ang damo kung hindi tumatakbo ang kabayo" :thumbsupsmiley:

To answer your question, yes I do take creatine everyday. Although I'm not sure if my approach would work for you, here's my input as requested. Since I was never a fan of new creatine products like CEE (creatine ethyl ester), CAKG (creatine alphaketaglutarate), Kre-Alkalyn and etc., I stick with the good old micronized creatine monohydrate powder. My research tells me that this is still the best reliable creatine form out their backed by solid research. When I cycle with ceatine, I usually go thru what they'd call the loading phase (some people actually don't think this is necessarry): 5 days of 15-20 grams of creatine split to 2-4 servings. For maintenance, I usually take 5 grams with my protein shake after I work out. On none work out days, I take it during breakfast or maybe lunch. I manage to train 4 to 5 times a week with a split program. The duration of my creatine intake wouldn't last for more than a month or 2. Then, I lay off creatine for a month or 2 also.

My opinion: If you can't establish a regular work out schedule, I don't think creatine is necessary. If your workload is too much maybe creatine is not the answer. Maybe you're stressed? Overworked? Have an inconsistent diet? If you think creatine will fix your energy requirements, yes it will help you train harder and longer but not change your physique as I assume that's what the majority's goal.

To put it more clearly: "Sayang ang ang damo kung hindi tumatakbo ang kabayo" :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks a lot for your inputs, Jacques.

I've always used creatine monohydrate powder, and only tried the liquid form once (also consulted your opinion a while back and went back to the powder). My creatine intake does not exceed 5-6 weeks. Only before, I get to work out 4 days a week split program. Now I only get to work out 3 days a week and sometimes even just 2 days a week.

Yes, I believe I am stressed and overworked, but I still manage to eat properly. My goal for now is just to maintain my work out intensity, train harder and longer, since I work out in the evening after office. Working out sort of relieves me of stress. I'm not at my best physique, but I'm still fairly okay... or so I think. :blush: :unsure:

Appreciate your inputs, always. :thumbsupsmiley:

hi all!

sorry too lazy to back read....

how much does designer whey cost? and what brand would you recommend?

i am planning on buying some, but i really have no idea on what....

sasawa na ko kakabili sa fruit magic ng shake eh....

hahaha. the fruit magic and "add protein"stuff B)

try ON protein by optimum nutrition, cheaper than designer and better nutrition content.. comes in rocky road, double chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream flavors. (vanilla sucks, so far the best flavor i've tried is rocky road and choco) :P :P

5lbs. costs roughly around P2300-2500 outside. hope this helps man :P