All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

http://www.osneaker.com/lib/yhst-95366634798048/nikepenny2black.jpg

Air Penny II

eto nilabas noong sept. 18 hindi ko nabili sa footlocker. nilabas rin ba ulit sa pinas ito?

Sana maglabas uli ng Nike airmax force. Yun gamit dati ni barkley

nilabas last year yan ulit dito. may nabili ako niyan sa finishline.com

bro, that shoe has been re-released several times over the years. i'm just about to sell a pair of the all-black retro+ (meaning a new colorway of an old model) version from about 2004 or 2005 to a customer.

that particular colorway you posted will be retroed sometime next year along with another couple retro+ versions. i sat in on a nike meeting a few years ago and their strategy is to release one or two original colors for the nostalgic consumer (such as you), along with some new colors for the nkotb, probably along with a bunch of overpriced overmatching apparel, which in the philippines, ends up going on sale for outlet customers to buy and wear, not with the shoes meant for (although, wearing overly matching apparel/shoe combos is tacky in its own right).

anyway, look for it to hopefully hit sometime next spring or summer (american calendar). not sure if we'll get them in the philippines - it probably depends on how well the current retro basketball shoes (kidd's zoom flights, the flightposites, and the upcoming penny 2 retros) do on the market.

we definitely get a lot of the new basketball stuff though, look for 2 more colorways of the hyperdunks (aside from the black Lakers) to drop this month or next.

hope that helps.

Ung phomposite na kita ku uli me ganun aku dati peru bakit naman sobra mahal na ngayun 8k plus. Lutong lugaw.

^

the flightposites retail for $180 in the US. Nike Phils almost always prices higher than abroad. when i went to HK earlier this year, some simple math told me that just about everything, from shoes to shirts to shorts to headbands or lanyards - was about 25-30% cheaper there than here. with the fluctuation of the dollar, that could change a tiny bit, but i think we still get priced higher for a lot of things.

the penny 2s posted above were on release lists for october. i'm not sure why they have been delayed but supposedly they should be dropping here. the philippines is probably nike basketball's best country in terms of shoes selling through at a good rate. shoes that fly off shelves here languish on sales racks in america.. and vice versa of course.. i guess we always want what we can't have. of course, as far as nike running, nike sportswear (casual stuff), and other categories, medyo low priority naman tayo. that's why it's always nice to shop around if you travel, to see what's available there that isn't available here.

as far as the hyperdunks go.. another colorway just dropped recently - a very simple and clean color - white/metallic silver/black - with a black heel and midsole, silver swoosh, #9 on the toe for yi jianlian (although the shoes don't really match his new nets colors, but oh well). that's one more colorway down.. there should be another dropping.. rumor was that it was going to be a black/varsity red.. but i guess we'll see what happens when the shoes show up in stores. there's a possibility it could be the chris bosh white/black/red #4 color (similar to the colorway of the huarache 2k8s) - but i kinda doubt they'd drop that many similar colorways (considering the #14 dirks already out in white/black/red/maize).

• 2 weeks later...
Bestseller yung adidas Promodel Fusion O8 na adicolor. Lahat ng pinupuntahan ko na stores kaunti na lang yung sizes. Wala pa yung size ko... :(

have you been to olympic village in galeria? they had sizes last time i checked this monday.

i preferred the promodel low team color. was able to get adidas trinoma to trasfer the stock from megamall.

Pro Model '08 Low

http://www.adidas.com/images/productcatalogue/images/products/678104_F_x_r.jpg

You play ball because the game lets you express your style. Take your style a step further with this low-top shoe that lets you customise the colour of the classic 3-Stripes.Synthetic leather upper for light weight and durability; Perforated EVA tongue for light weight comfort and breathability

ClimaCool® provides 360-degree cooling for the entire foot

adiPRENE®+ in the forefoot maintains propulsion and efficiency

FitFOAMâ„¢ midsole, made of a visco-elastic rebound foam, contours to your foot like a custom mould

Interchangeable 3-Stripes for colour personalisation; Non-marking rubber outsole

Edited by witnesseth
  • 2 weeks later...

My T-Mac 1 just "self-destruct" yesterday.

It had that shoe for 7 years and seeing it yesterday "self-destruct" while I am playing ball

is probably the saddest thing about being a basketball shoe hobbyist...

My Nike Shox, of which I used for 3 years went down on me 3 years ago...

I guess I have to move on...

BUY A NEW ONE!!!

hehehehe!