Share naman kayo good enough wine brands na around P500 lang. The ones I tried were Aussies: Hardys, Wolf Blass, and Penfolds, all cabs. Im stuck with Hardys now with their for 750+250ml free at around P350. Great for after work relaxation while flipping channels on the tube.

Let's see...for around that price tag the Chilean Los Boldos is pwede na. The ever reliable Yellow Tail is also there. Go look for some South Africans at Santi's - may mga nabili na ako dun around P500 na good enough. Another Chilean, the Ventisquero is impressive at a modest price. Actually, wala ako maisip masyado. I've been limiting my budget for everyday drinking wine at less than P300 hahahaha so what I get are all these creepy Aussie critters and creepers and what-have-you....

hi there!

thanks for visiting the mostly-empty room now. Care to introduce yourself?

Your handle is interesting, as it evokes memories of one of my favorite books - THE DHARMA BUMS - by William Burroughs....

yes, vodka cruisers are yummy. Actually, it's not the drink per se that makes the beverage good or interesting. It is the company you drank it with that would make the drink memorable. Heck, you can even drink syoktong, but if you're drinking it with someone as lovely as the moonlight that peeks above the swaying palms over your head, you would remember it as one heck of a drink afterwards....

cheers!!!

introduce eh u know me already :P yeah yer right,i dont drink really but with raspberry ruiser plus the good company hayy swapak! wanna be my drinkin bud? :goatee:

Heck, you can even drink syoktong, but if you're drinking it with someone as lovely as the moonlight that peeks above the swaying palms over your head, you would remember it as one heck of a drink afterwards....

cheers!!!

Youre right there. Even if youre drinking the fanciest wine, but if youre just in some corner street waiting for 5 guys to finish washing your car, the wine goes to waste.

I've been limiting my budget for everyday drinking wine at less than P300 hahahaha so what I get are all these creepy Aussie critters and creepers and what-have-you....

Then you should try the Spanish Gate; dry red. Nothing gets cheaper than that. :lol:

still here pare.... just lurking!!!!

nothing interesting to drink that's why!

i've been more of a SMB Pale Pilsen drinker and oolong/ume shochu drinker these past months.

i got a pair of pinot noirs from an american who was looking for outsource/offshore design activities here. they're in my fridge mellowing.

i recently bumped into Lipstick here in our office building. she was visiting a client.

we should all get together with pareng storm and the rest of the winos.

Is it a general rule that a red wine tastes better after 5 years (assuming proper storage) and tastes bland after 10 years?

not really.

Drink-now wines generally should be consumed not more than 2 years after vintage or else they would not be enjoyable. Those wines that are for cellaring can be stored not just for 5 years but for even 10 years or more depending on the winemaker's recommendation (sometimes this is written on the back label). In fact, Seppelt of Australia has 100 year old wines - always a cause for celebration there when they have to open another 100year old vintage.

Youre right there. Even if youre drinking the fanciest wine, but if youre just in some corner street waiting for 5 guys to finish washing your car, the wine goes to waste.

Then you should try the Spanish Gate; dry red. Nothing gets cheaper than that. :lol:

hahaha no pare thanks I've tried the Spanish Gate and kahit wala nang ibang wine, I still won't drink it.

They better get those gates tightly closed back there hehehe..

yes I think even if you're drinking a Rubicon but with the most boring company, I don't think you'll ever remember the wine as that good...

still here pare.... just lurking!!!!

nothing interesting to drink that's why!

i've been more of a SMB Pale Pilsen drinker and oolong/ume shochu drinker these past months.

i got a pair of pinot noirs from an american who was looking for outsource/offshore design activities here. they're in my fridge mellowing.

i recently bumped into Lipstick here in our office building. she was visiting a client.

we should all get together with pareng storm and the rest of the winos.

wow! another lurker hehehe, and you said that you saw Lipstick lurking in your building too?

good to see your handle again, pare. We've mostly lurked here for a long time now the thread is beginning to look and smell like a damp cellar.

I've been also been mostly with Pale Pilsen and the occasional Negra with friends - no fancy wine here for the longest time too. Been mostly content with those cheap critters from Down Under.

yes, that's a good idea - lets get together pare when you're free. We're just an sms away. Those pinot noirs should not get too mellow or else, like music, they would sound like some elevator music. What we expect is a full orchestra music

So what's the news with Mama Lips? Haven't seen her around....

Is it a general rule that a red wine tastes better after 5 years (assuming proper storage) and tastes bland after 10 years?

Nope - what it has to do with is how the wine was made, and the intent of the winemaker. I've had good reds that were a "drink NOW!!!!" at release, and some that were 30 years old.

My faves happen to be those that age a bit, but there are some that are really yummy while still young. A classic case in point would be beaujolais noveau, which is a wine meant to be drunk within WEEKS of fermentation.

Then again, there are Opus One or Rubicon that are released no less than after 2-3 years of barrel aging and a year or so of bottle aging.

yes I think even if you're drinking a Rubicon but with the most boring company, I don't think you'll ever remember the wine as that good...

Which reminds me - weren't you coming to my neck of the woods some time soon? Or have you been and gone and didn't call me? Remember - I've got those Rubicons and Opus Ones and Retzlaffs that are just crying out to be enjoyed - but not just by myself!

I think this restaurant is Cav, located in Bonifacio High Street. This is managed by a Swiss Chef who used to manage Grassi's. Very nice cellar and ready to drink selections. In the vendo like tasting machine you can even have a taste of Chateau Margaux for P400. Good food as well to compliment the good selection of wines. I have recently tried their Oregon Pinot, not bad at all

Last week I saw a review of a restaurant/cellar that sells wines per volume. They have this equipment connected to various bottles and you can buy the wine per mL just for tasting (before you buy a bottle). I just cant remember the name of the place.

hi not one to barge in, but yes im very much into wine actually very much a newbie when it comes to it but have been learning alot. specially cuz of wine depot and yes CAV at the fort. have recently been a follower of Zinfandel and or shiraz. trying to build a woking collection but so far still learning :D

Which reminds me - weren't you coming to my neck of the woods some time soon? Or have you been and gone and didn't call me? Remember - I've got those Rubicons and Opus Ones and Retzlaffs that are just crying out to be enjoyed - but not just by myself!

nope pare, puro neck of the canals in Asia pa lang pinupuntahan ko.

rest assured that i will tell you beforehand if I'm planning to go there. thanks pare! We'll surely cross the Rubicon when I'm there...

nope pare, puro neck of the canals in Asia pa lang pinupuntahan ko.

rest assured that i will tell you beforehand if I'm planning to go there. thanks pare! We'll surely cross the Rubicon when I'm there...

pareng bods, let me know when you are up for an eb. let's get together with storm, lips, liberty and the rest of the winos.

went to CAV last night with my wife. nice place, happy crowd.

You purchase a card with credits to access the different wines in their "vending machine" . You could sample their different wines at "flight" volume or buy a glass. It's like "Time Zone" for winos.

Nice place for an EB. What do you think, guys and gals?

some wines i tried at Cav last Friday.

Barolo Prunotto 2003 - mid crimson colors, with a complex nose of cherries, leather, spices. a very good wine!

Beringer Pinot Noir 2006 - i don't know if it's just me but the Beringer label is synonymous to a zin. so this Pinot has more flavors of a zin. for me, it's a WTF (wine to forget)!!!! (what were you thinking?)

btw, the tasting notes were made after several glasses of draft beer and a couple of Bombay Sapphire Martinis.

Edited by masi
pareng bods, let me know when you are up for an eb. let's get together with storm, lips, liberty and the rest of the winos.

let's go pare!

It's been like ages since we've seen each other! Storm and I usually bump into each other but you pare I have been raring to see again, and of course the ever mysterious Lips and the always gracious liberty...

I'd be available starting Friday, May 8 pare....

I was wondering about those vending machines at Cav, having never been there. Isn't the wine affected being in the receptacle or container or whatever, of the vending machine?