hi people, newbie here! my hubby is much into wines and i am trying to pick it up myself. i've backread from the page 1 and seems like there is much to learn by sticking thread.

my favorite is a syrah, but i have tried other varietals such as the cab sauv, merlot, pinot noir, cab shiraz, tempranillo and some champagnes.

hi people,  newbie here!  my hubby is much into wines and i am trying to pick it up myself.  i've backread from the page 1 and seems like there is much to learn by sticking thread.

my favorite is a syrah, but i have tried other varietals such as the cab sauv, merlot, pinot noir, cab shiraz, tempranillo and some champagnes.

wow!

if from page 1, then you had a massive backread - the mother of all backreads!

well, welcome and enjoy your stay here...we also do like Aussie shiraz and tempranillos.

I gather from the way you refer to shiraz as syrah and your avatar and handle that you're from the land of the stars and stripes...

hello!

i'm a newbie here also. just saw this thread this morning. bakit ba ngayon ko lang tinignan to?!

unlike liberty, i only backread pages 1-3. hehe! medyo covert kasi nasa office ako ngayon. itutuloy ko na lang mamaya.

anyway, i'm really really interested in wines but i can't seem to memorize and match the names with right kind. hindi kasi ako makabili kasi mahal pa for me. but now that i've started working, baka magawa ko na. hehe! :D

this is a great thread. i bet i'll learn a lot from here. keep posting guys!

btw, i'm thinking of inviting this girl out for dinner at "the winery" in horseshoe vill. anyone here tried it out already? medyo mahal so i want to be sure na ok... :unsure:

hi people,  newbie here!  my hubby is much into wines and i am trying to pick it up myself.  i've backread from the page 1 and seems like there is much to learn by sticking thread.

welcome! although you are a newbie i think you have a fair understanding of your wines already judging from what you have tried . we'll be glad to hear from you.

hello!

i'm a newbie here also. just saw this thread this morning. bakit ba ngayon ko lang tinignan to?!

unlike liberty, i only backread pages 1-3. hehe! medyo covert kasi nasa office ako ngayon. itutuloy ko na lang mamaya.

anyway, i'm really really interested in wines but i can't seem to memorize and match the names with right kind. hindi kasi ako makabili kasi mahal pa for me. but now that i've started working, baka magawa ko na. hehe! :D

btw, i'm thinking of inviting this girl out for dinner at "the winery" in horseshoe vill. anyone here tried it out already? medyo mahal so i want to be sure na ok... :unsure:

welcome! your interest in wines came at the right moment. there is no late start but always a new discovery! there is a wine at every price range. of course quality wines come at price but you can try jacobs creek cabernet shiraz at less than P500 per bottle. this wine has several gold and silver medals so you wont go wrong. avoid brands such as gato negro, carlos rossi and the likes -- simply bad wines and a waste of moolah. none of us would touch it anymore except if we are punished for bad behavior. :lol:

i havent been to the winery but i've seen the markers while driving along horseshoe. i think it is owned by "brumms" at galleria if i am not mistaken. you may want to try magnum at greenbelt, cork at rockwell and biancas at yakal, la vigne also in yakal but pretty pricey. these are wineshops with restos.

if you decide to go to the winery post your experience here.

remember to post tasting notes. there are no good or bad post just good or bad experiences with wine.

good luck and keep posting.

Oh yeah.  Wolf Blass has a gold label series where they feature varietals which are produced from areas which are quite well known for them.  For example:  Cabernet sauvignon from Coonawarra, Shiraz from the Barossa Valley, and so on.  I haven't managed to get my hands on any bottle from the series, but knowing Wolf Blass, these have to be good!  :cool:

Is the Gold Label their top of the line range or the Black Label? But really, the Yellow Label is fantastic VFM (value for money)! :thumbsupsmiley:

Uuhh, I was thinking more along the lines of "we're spending $$ to get those grapes to grow - we better  make $$$$$$$ from every drop of it" kind of thing, but the "babe of your dreams is a plastic toy" thing sounds way much better!!  :P  Cheers!  post-52300-1124580205.gif  Have great sunday, everyone!

Hey FD! How have you been? Been to any yummy places lately? Hehe pero parang wrong thread ano? :lol:

oo nga dami na rin walang nagpopost dito e sabi ko baka nag palit ng religion.. could be buddhist, islam,mormon, jehova, iglesia, ano pa ba ang religion na bawal uminom?  :P

i was told that a Petrus isnt really that great a wine.  well, i said i was told, ha!! :wacko: it's just a celebrity drink kaya mahal plus give credit to the fact that it comes from a small estate.  a P200 bottle of wine i have to drink, sige! tagay tayo nyan!!! hehehehe

vodka, is best served freezing (so no more rocks, except  ;) )and taken with some really salted fish like mackerel.  amaretto is great as an after dinner liquer, taken straight up.  this stuff could be really expensive.  bacchus sells the really fancy labels.  me, i like it in cakes with espresso.

Am still an alcoholic! *hic* :lol: Last week I drank Absolut Citron and some Jack too all in one night for an office friend's despidida. Hayyyy you can guess what happened next! I was paying homage to the throne the next day! :lol: Haven't had a drop of vino still. Wow halos almost a month na ako sober from vino ah! Fine time I think to have some wine. :)

Well we both wouldn't know wot a Petrus tastes like so shaddap na lang tayo. :lol: First one to taste eh mag FR na lang! Hehe. PhP 200 a bottle? I think I found some .... hehehe promise iinumin mo hah? :P

Hehe rocks ... I like that word .... :boo: Hemingway, speaking of Vodka --- there was a time when the craze in London was snorting Vodka. Yes snorting! Snort it one nostril at a time from a spoon! Euuuwww but of course I had to do it in Bora some years ago because the British MD forced all of us to do so. It is just the yuckiest thing to watch! Kasi after you snort it eh some of that liquid drips right out!! Masakit pati! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... :sick: But the upside is, WOW hanep sa tama. Derecho sa utak pare! After 3secs, I guarantee you will be feeling hepi-hepi! Masarap din ang Vodka Jello Shots!

In Bora (again) I was able to chug 6 servings of the Vodka-Amaretto mix and mannnnn I can I just say na soopah sarap sya!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: Lapit na sa heaven ang lasa. The amaretto just gives it the right clean sweetness. :D I also tried the Amaretto Sour in 90Proof, pretty nice too. I royally dig stuff with amaretto and almond (syrup)! Yeah baby!

:lol:

back in mnl again, i was trying this 2002 darioush cab sauv for lunch, nice!!!! i'm having a burger from big brother, black angus, sarap!!!!

Welcome back! Where were you again? :unsure:

Hi Everyone...i noticed that the thread doesnt have much energy as it used to have...what's happening guys? Where are the active winos??? still drunk??? hehehehe

Ola HBC! :) How have you been? Is there absolutely no circumventing that allergy to wine of yours? Like take anti-histamines before drinking wine? :unsure:

Everyone seems to be busy working, drinking and having sex. Not necessarily in that order though :rolleyes: Hope to meet you one of these days. Cheers!

Welcome to the thread Liberty! Syrah aka Shiraz rocks! Actually one of my first vino loves. :)

hello!

Welcome too ArtOfWar! Wonderful book your handle is based on! Wonder if Sun Tzu drank lotsa Chinese wine .... hmmmm :unsure: I hope your wine journey will be as wonderful as all of ours here in the thread. :)

Well we both wouldn't know wot a Petrus tastes like so shaddap na lang tayo. :lol:  First one to taste eh mag FR na lang! Hehe.  PhP 200 a bottle?  I think I found some .... hehehe promise iinumin mo hah? :P

Hehe rocks ... I like that word .... :boo:  Hemingway, speaking of Vodka --- there was a time when the craze in London was snorting Vodka.  Yes snorting!  Snort it one nostril at a time from a spoon!  Euuuwww but of course I had to do it in Bora some years ago because the British MD forced all of us to do so.  It is just the yuckiest thing to watch!  Kasi after you snort it eh some of that liquid drips right out!!  Masakit pati!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... :sick:  But the upside is, WOW hanep sa tama.  Derecho sa utak pare!  After 3secs, I guarantee you will be feeling hepi-hepi!  Masarap din ang Vodka Jello Shots!

In Bora (again) I was able to chug 6 servings of the Vodka-Amaretto mix and mannnnn I can I just say na soopah sarap sya!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  Lapit na sa heaven ang lasa.  The amaretto just gives it the right clean sweetness. :D  I also tried the Amaretto Sour in 90Proof, pretty nice too.  I royally dig stuff with amaretto and almond (syrup)!  Yeah baby! 

Hi Lipstick... welcome! (back?) ... for some time i thought nag-madre ka na (d pa pala!!) i was reading some ratings on the petrus on some wine threads. for a $1000+ i was expecting a 95 or higher rating. but the highest was a 92 for a vintage 86. well, i may not be able to taste that petrus but at least i got hold of the chateau margaux and lafite (mind you, it was served by my Taiwanese host and i just drank it! sayang wasnt much of the fancy wine drinker then. next time i know betterererer!!!)

snorting vodka? wow, pretty out of this world for me! did your brit MD snort it too? if not, it seems that you've been had!!! :wacko: hepi-hepi... boy, do i miss that feeling. when i drink now i just get tipsy... i dont drink that much anymore.

you ought to go to bacchus for that ultimate amaretto trip!

Hey FD!  How have you been?  Been to  any yummy places lately?  Hehe pero parang wrong thread ano? :lol:

Am still an alcoholic! *hic*  :lol:  Last week I drank Absolut Citron and some Jack too all in one night for an office friend's despidida.  Hayyyy you can guess what happened next!  I was paying homage to the throne the next day! :lol:  Haven't had a drop of vino still.  Wow halos almost a month na ako sober from vino ah!  Fine time I think to have some wine. :)

Hehe rocks ... I like that word .... :boo:  Hemingway, speaking of Vodka --- there was a time when the craze in London was snorting Vodka.  Yes snorting!  Snort it one nostril at a time from a spoon!  Euuuwww but of course I had to do it in Bora some years ago because the British MD forced all of us to do so.  It is just the yuckiest thing to watch!  Kasi after you snort it eh some of that liquid drips right out!!  Masakit pati!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... :sick:  But the upside is, WOW hanep sa tama.  Derecho sa utak pare!  After 3secs, I guarantee you will be feeling hepi-hepi!  Masarap din ang Vodka Jello Shots!

In Bora (again) I was able to chug 6 servings of the Vodka-Amaretto mix and mannnnn I can I just say na soopah sarap sya!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  Lapit na sa heaven ang lasa.  The amaretto just gives it the right clean sweetness. :D  I also tried the Amaretto Sour in 90Proof, pretty nice too.  I royally dig stuff with amaretto and almond (syrup)!  Yeah baby! 

Welcome back Ms. Lipstick! Nawala ka ng isang linggo, 2 pages lang ang galaw.

Was at a Japanese restaurant last night, and of course it has to be sake. But my mistake was not specifying that they serve it cold. Mainit na nga sa ating lupang hinirang, mainit pa ang iinumin. :blink: The temperature really had a big effect on the wine. When served, it was as hot as coffee, and the taste was full. As it cooled down to warm, it tasted different, but not in a good way. As it cooled down further (about as cold as the airconditioned air), it became more palatable for me. Smooth and again full to the mouth. I prefer the sake served cold - around 10 degrees. It's refreshing!

Guys, would a 1983 South African CabSav still be drinkable today, or is it most probably vinegar by now? The bottle was kept in a cellar all this time.

Welcome back Ms. Lipstick!  Nawala ka ng isang linggo, 2 pages lang ang galaw.

Was at a Japanese restaurant last night, and of course it has to be sake.  But my mistake was not specifying that they serve it cold.  Mainit na nga sa ating lupang hinirang, mainit pa ang iinumin.  :blink:   The temperature really had a big effect on the wine.  When served, it was as hot as coffee, and the taste was full. As it cooled down to warm, it tasted different, but not in a good way.  As it cooled down further (about as cold as the airconditioned air), it became more palatable for me. Smooth and again full to the mouth.  I prefer the sake served cold - around 10 degrees.  It's refreshing!

Guys, would a 1983 South African CabSav still be drinkable today, or is it most probably vinegar by now?  The bottle was kept in a cellar all this time.

i always prefer my sake cold. as for the 1983 vintage, i would always check the foil for possible "flooding" of the cork. if you see some leaks, air may have entered the bottles especially if it was kept upright. check, too, how much "gap" (space between the wine and "air space") from the foil. notwithstanding, if the bottle has been tilted during its storage, there shouldn't be much of a problem even with flooding. situation is only worse when the bottle is moved and kept upright and put on its side time and again. if kept properly, it should be smooth, buttery and mellow flavors. good luck and let us know how it went.

Edited by masi
i always prefer my sake cold.  as for the 1983 vintage, i would always check the foil for possible "flooding" of the cork.  if you see some leaks, air may have entered the bottles especially if it was kept upright. check, too,  how much "gap" (space between the wine and "air space") from the foil.  notwithstanding, if the bottle has been tilted during its storage, there shouldn't be much of a problem even with flooding.  situation is only worse when the bottle is moved and kept upright and put on its side time and again.  if kept properly, it should be smooth, buttery and mellow flavors.  good luck and let us know how it went.

Thanks! Will have an FR on it soon.

The only other time I had warm sake was on the shinkansen. It was 6 degrees outside, I had 5 layers of clothing, and the hot sake sure hit the spot! Otherwise, I prefer it cold.

Thanks!  Will have an FR on it soon.

The only other time I had warm sake was on the shinkansen.  It was 6 degrees outside, I had 5 layers of clothing, and the hot sake sure hit the spot!  Otherwise, I prefer it cold.

that is correct, my japanese friends told me that warm sake is only drank during the winter or on a really cold day. if it's summer, they usually drink it cold. top end sake (sold at more than $100/bottle is usually served cold).

this is not wine related but still pertains to alcohol.

had cocktails with my japanese friend at fiesta san miguel at the dusit. great draft unfiltered white beer. just the right bitterness, medium body light to medium finish. i dont think this is similar to san miguel draft as i had it when my japanese friend and i had dinner at an american themed resto serving baby back ribs. san mig draft was definitely filtered dry with a biting bitter finish.

fiesta san miguel is a great place, the 2nd level is fully airconditioned and a smoking section. a rarity in makati these days.

so that i am not ot. i recently got 2 pinot noir gifts - 2003 Adelsheim Vineyard and Archery Summit Willmette Valley 2003 Premier Cuvee. these are drink now wines but they could be kept for 5 to 8 years. i also got a Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 Sonoma County

Edited by masi

Been gone too long, too lazy to backread, so I think I'll just pick up here on the last page..... :P

Was at a Japanese restaurant last night, and of course it has to be sake.  But my mistake was not specifying that they serve it cold.  Mainit na nga sa ating lupang hinirang, mainit pa ang iinumin.  :blink:  The temperature really had a big effect on the wine.  When served, it was as hot as coffee, and the taste was full. As it cooled down to warm, it tasted different, but not in a good way.  As it cooled down further (about as cold as the airconditioned air), it became more palatable for me. Smooth and again full to the mouth.  I prefer the sake served cold - around 10 degrees.  It's refreshing!

Guys, would a 1983 South African CabSav still be drinkable today, or is it most probably vinegar by now?  The bottle was kept in a cellar all this time.

Don't know much about So. African Cabs, but if it was properly stored, it should be decent, even after this time. It may be past its prime - no way to tell wihtout drinking it but cabs tend to be longer-lived than most other wines so you stand a good chance of it being at least drinkable. I have a '66 Chateau Leoville-Lacasse that I picked up some 10 years ago, and have held on to. This coming Christmas/New Years is when I'm popping the cork on that bad boy. Here's hoping it's held up well!

i always prefer my sake cold.  as for the 1983 vintage, i would always check the foil for possible "flooding" of the cork.  if you see some leaks, air may have entered the bottles especially if it was kept upright. check, too,  how much "gap" (space between the wine and "air space") from the foil.  notwithstanding, if the bottle has been tilted during its storage, there shouldn't be much of a problem even with flooding.  situation is only worse when the bottle is moved and kept upright and put on its side time and again.  if kept properly, it should be smooth, buttery and mellow flavors.  good luck and let us know how it went.

What he said. :)

Sake - cold is better for the better sakes. Hot if it's a mediocre (or worse) wine.

Thanks!  Will have an FR on it soon.

The only other time I had warm sake was on the shinkansen.  It was 6 degrees outside, I had 5 layers of clothing, and the hot sake sure hit the spot!  Otherwise, I prefer it cold.

But they heat up those trains to like - 90 deg F!!! When in most of Japan in the winer, it's freezing outside, but the trains are kept way, way hot. So you get on, all bundled up, and step into a sauna. Sweat, sweat, sweat until it's trickling down your nose - then you get off and into the freezing cold. Icicle forms on nose. Repeat sevaral times. End up sick. :( Did it one time too many in a previous life.

But yes, wehn it's cold outside, warm sake can be very comforting, but I still prefer the good stuff cold, no matter the weather.

that is correct, my japanese friends told me that warm sake is only drank during the winter or on a really  cold day.  if it's summer, they usually drink it cold.  top end sake (sold at more than $100/bottle is usually served cold).

this is not wine related but still pertains to alcohol.

had cocktails with my japanese friend at fiesta san miguel at the dusit.  great draft unfiltered white beer.  just the right bitterness, medium body light to medium finish.  i dont think this is similar to san miguel draft as i had it when my japanese friend and i had dinner at an american themed resto serving baby back ribs.  san mig draft was definitely filtered dry with a biting bitter finish.

fiesta san miguel is a great place,  the 2nd level is fully airconditioned and a smoking section.  a rarity in makati these days.

so that i am not ot.  i recently got 2 pinot noir gifts - 2003 Adelsheim Vineyard and Archery Summit Willmette Valley 2003 Premier Cuvee. these are drink now wines but they could be kept for 5 to 8 years.  i also got a Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 Sonoma County

Don't know the Adelsheim Vineyards wine, but the Srchery Summit from the Willamette Valley should be quite nice in a few years. Too young right now - you'll pick up some "green"-ness in it if you drink it now. The 2001 Sonoma County cab will be good in another 3 years. Right now, it's drinkable, but not at its prime. If you pop it now, decant it for a half hour or so before drinking.

Hey - wasn't this the time eagleeyes was going to b there? Are you guys going to do a WEB with him?

I have finally got my schedule for September set - and I will be in Taiwan the week of Sept. 19 but I cannot stay. I have to return to CA at the end of the week. My kitchen remodel will be in the throes of installing cabinets while I am gone and I need to inspect them before too much time passes to make sure all is well. They'll be cutting the granite and I also hope they stick to the schedule I give them so they don't start cutting the peninsula until I get back. I f they screw that up, it's going to be another $1500 for a new slab!!!

Another trip planned for the end of October, but with my VP. Will we head over to Israel after? Dunno yet. but if we do, I think I'll tro to insert a weekend in Manila.

School reunion in Baguio coming up late January or early Feb. don't know yet how much time we'll spend in Manila - there's a big group going and I'm not planning this junket - I'm just along for the ride.

No new wine FRs, although I did have a glass of a really nice '02 Dolcetto Diano d'Alba last week. Went great with the steak (seasoned the Italian way, with lemon, thyme, salt and pepper) and pretty nicely with the eggplant stuffed with crabmeat and covered with a marinara sauce. Then becaue the service was pretty poor, they made it up to me by giving me a glass (two, actually, since they gave wifey a glass also but she doesn't drink) of a Spanish (!) "port". Tasted like it was made with rioja grapes. Not too sweet or heavy - pretty light. Don't know the producer - it was late and they wanted us out as soon as we were done! - but I will ask when I return to what may well become my new ATF Italian joint.

Hi Agxo,

Not much to backread though, somehow there's been a dearth of activity on the thread. I haven't heard anything from eageleyes as he hasn't been posting either, albeit he should be in town right now. In the event that you'll find yourself in town, let me know and I'll see if I could get the group together.

Have a great wine weekend. I know I will.

One quick driveby request:

I just got word from Leslie Garcia that eagleeyes has something for you guys and he is asking for the contact details of either Lipstick,bods1000 or masi... well I do have the numbers but I don't have permission to send it out, much less via another source even if she is my good friend... :blush:

Kindly PM him instead??? :thumbsupsmiley:

I just got word from Leslie Garcia that eagleeyes has something for you guys and he is asking for the contact details of either Lipstick,bods1000 or masi... well I do have the numbers but I don't have permission to send it out, much less via another source even if she is my good friend... :blush:

good day to her highness, i have been waiting for eagleyes to post here or pm anyone of us. he did mention that he will be in town this time of year. it's ok if he calls me, or you may want to pm me his contact details so i can call him. thanks.

Hello there! Her Very Highness has stepped out of her pedestal to honor us incorrigible winos with her very presence. Allow me in behalf of this besotted group to extend our deepest and warmest regards. Alas and alak, I mean alack, I regret to inform our Beauteous Messenger that this humble servant of yours cannot make it to meet our distinguished visitor from the Land of Bush due to pressures of work and works of pleasures ooopppsss hehehe....

sorry there, I thought I was in another thread :P

thanks for informing us of this - I do hope you have met with your fellow MTC pioneer and I do hope the other regulars here can meet with him tomorrow..

cheers!

Hello! I just saw a post mentioning the Winery. Incidentally, Brumm's Quality Wines, Inc. sent me a packet with their winelist and their newsletter. According to their flyer, the Winery will be conducting wine tasting sessions every weekend from 10 am to 6 pm. Price per guests starts from P300. Here are their contact details:

No. 5 Julieta Circle, Horseshoe Village, Quezon City

Tel. nos. 7245251, 7246306, 7222185

By the way, they deliver for free within Metro Manila if you order a minimum of 12 bottles.

I haven't tasted any of their wines, though. I don't even know how they got my name and address.

Hubby and I have been enjoyinga couple of bottle of Yellow Tail Merlot 2003 the past few evenings. It definitely is a good alternative to Jacob's Creek.

I also enjoyed drinking Stonehaven Shiraz 2004 (from Southeastern Australia) with people I work with. It tasted smooth and didn't leave any bitter aftertaste. (It tasted so good that the 3 of us finished 2 bottles in an hour.) Considering that it's only P300 per bottle at the Wine Depot along Ayala Ave., I think it's a pretty good buy.

Brumm's specializes in German and Austrian wines - so they got lots of gewurtztraminers and rieslings.

There used to be a poster here who is connected with that company but he hasn't surfaced for a long time.

Stonehaven is good value. Why not also try the Bridgewater Shiraz and the Grant Burge - also available at Wine Depot. Yellow Tail of course is that monster brand currently making huge waves in the States - the Aussie import that's changing winemaker's and winos perception about wine. Many labels now are coming up with wines with animals on their labels :P

Hello there! Her Very Highness has stepped out of her pedestal to honor us incorrigible winos with her very presence. Allow me in behalf of this besotted group to extend our deepest and warmest regards. Alas and alak, I mean alack, I regret to inform our Beauteous Messenger that this humble servant of yours cannot make it to meet our distinguished visitor from the Land of Bush due to pressures of work and works of pleasures ooopppsss hehehe....

thanks for informing us of this - I do hope you have met with your fellow MTC pioneer and I do hope the other regulars here can meet with him tomorrow..

cheers!

For a moment I thought I was in the Personals Section.... :P

It behooves me to inform you though that the gallant masi was so kind as to offer his assistance and bridge the communication problem with eagleeyes regarding the bounty the beloved visitor wishes to bestow on this privileged group of members...

cheers!!!

Hi Lipstick...  welcome! (back?) ... for some time i thought nag-madre ka na (d pa pala!!)  i was reading some ratings on the petrus on some wine threads. for a $1000+ i was expecting a 95 or higher rating. but the highest was a 92 for a vintage 86. well, i may not be able to taste that petrus but at least i got hold of the chateau margaux and lafite (mind you, it was served by my Taiwanese host and i just drank it! sayang wasnt much of the fancy wine drinker then.  next time i know betterererer!!!)

snorting vodka?  wow, pretty out of this world for me!  did your brit MD snort it too?  if not, it seems that you've been had!!! :wacko:  hepi-hepi... boy, do i miss that feeling.  when i drink now i just get tipsy... i dont drink that much anymore.

you ought to go to bacchus for that ultimate amaretto trip!

HEH! Welcome back ka dyan! :P But hey, I actually considered becoming a nun even after discovering the pleasures of the skin! :lol: Hayy but then I was sure my application would be rejected so I did not pursue it na. :rolleyes: I've tried Margaux ages ago and was wayy too immature to appreciate wine of any sort. :(

Pare, everyone had to snort including the instigator himself! I actually don't remember how I made my way back to Pearl of the Pacific that night. :blink:

Haven't had my amaretto fix yet but hopefully soon! :cool:

Was at a Japanese restaurant last night, and of course it has to be sake.  But my mistake was not specifying that they serve it cold.  Mainit na nga sa ating lupang hinirang, mainit pa ang iinumin.  :blink:  The temperature really had a big effect on the wine.  When served, it was as hot as coffee, and the taste was full. As it cooled down to warm, it tasted different, but not in a good way.  As it cooled down further (about as cold as the airconditioned air), it became more palatable for me. Smooth and again full to the mouth.  I prefer the sake served cold - around 10 degrees.  It's refreshing!

Hey there FD! :) So where was this Jap resto you had dinner at? Food any good? There's this Jap resto along Morato called Zensho and they have wot they call MOTOYAKI OYSTERS which you must absolutely try if you love oysters! Sharappppp!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Vintage SA wine, shouldn't it be good still of cellared properly? :unsure:

cheers!

Bods Bods Bods, how many time must I tell you to never utter words that refer to carpets, bushes, arid everglades etc. ! :lol: How have you been?

Eagleyes! Sorry I didn't get to catch you while you were here. :(

Agxo3! Backread ka na! Sige na pleaseeeeeeee ... kasi 2 pages lang naman backread mo. :P

Hope everyone has been well. Am so sleepy now but still need to work :angry: Baka makatulog ako dito sa oficina. :lol:

For a moment I thought I was in the Personals Section.... :P

It behooves me to inform you though that the gallant masi was so kind as to offer his assistance and bridge the communication problem with eagleeyes regarding the bounty the beloved visitor wishes to bestow on this privileged group of members...

cheers!!!

HotMommaMacy!!! :boo: Anong bounty yan????? :huh: Does it involve female sacrifices at an altar? :lol: If yes eh I want it to be bestowed upon me too!!!! Ha ha ha ha. :)