Best Browser

Avant is technically not a browser. It's an application on top of Internet Explorer engine.

Firefox is still the best for customization. But yeah, it's a memory hog. Even at 2GB of RAM my Firefox slows down after hours of use (especially after viewing lots of pics here at MTC). This is actually Firefox's feature. It saves the cache in the Memory instead of the Disk for faster access. But Firefox is so customizable, you can disable this feature if you don't want it.

Avant is technically not a browser. It's an application on top of Internet Explorer engine.

Firefox is still the best for customization. But yeah, it's a memory hog. Even at 2GB of RAM my Firefox slows down after hours of use (especially after viewing lots of pics here at MTC). This is actually Firefox's feature. It saves the cache in the Memory instead of the Disk for faster access. But Firefox is so customizable, you can disable this feature if you don't want it.

Anything built on top a IE is going to be buggy and most likely slow.

Firefox is sweet, but I hate the slow down issues after a heavy surfing session.

If you want a quick and light browser, I still submit that Opera is a pretty sweet ride. :D

i like the IE7 in vista. i tried it as an alternative to firefox and oddly enough i feel more comfortable with it. performance-wise almost as fast as firefox and not as buggy as the IEs of yore. its sleek, simple, fast. alternative to firefox. oh and as for safari for windows? id say skip it. even the brushed metal look is dated. the only saving grace for safari would be its total compliance to standards.