Exit Lines

Couldnt help but react to this...

Thats the old double standard at work here... You men persist in treating women like fragile creatures... tryin to shield them from all this hurt...

YET... you actually go ahead and do these hurtful things anyway.... What gives...

Its like saying ... breaking the news gently to women takes away the hurtfulness of the news that you actually have to break... eg -- "I cheated on you hunny but because ill break it to you gently, it should hurt less."

It doesnt work that way. Often, it becomes easier for us to take if you guys just go right out and be blunt about things -- the more direct, the easier to accept...

I call this attitude a form of misguided chivalry ... ;)

that it is..

i agree that doing it "gently" doesn't make it less hurtful, but being blunt about it is not gonna make it easier too...

the fact is, either way will be hurtful to the person on the receiving end of it...

misguided or misdirected or totally missing the point, the fact remains that it happens...

and to me, the situation will dictate the form of it...

example1: the girl is strong and tough, maybe she can handle it...

example2: a flighty, clingy, mousy girl who might even be suicidal, perhaps a "gentle" way would be helpful... (personally, i wouldn't want to be mixed up with this type)

but in both cases, you know its gonna hurt like hell and all you're hoping for is a clean break, not a messy, scandalous scene of a crime...

and in the guy's head, he is still firmly convinced that he is doing the right thing...

We'll just tell you directly, is that what you girls want?

"I don't love you anymore, let's break up, goodbye."  :unsure:

Not as blunt as that .. but certainly not in a roundabout way too.

Theres this term I hear a lot -- consuelo de bobo. Dont say things just so you want us to feel better... thats almost like lying... :)

that it is..

i agree that doing it "gently" doesn't make it less hurtful, but being blunt about it is not gonna make it easier too...

the fact is, either way will be hurtful to the person on the receiving end of it...

misguided or misdirected or totally missing the point, the fact remains that it happens...

and to me, the situation will dictate the form of it...

example1: the girl is strong and tough, maybe she can handle it...

example2: a flighty, clingy, mousy girl who might even be suicidal, perhaps a "gentle" way would be helpful... (personally, i wouldn't want to be mixed up with this type)

but in both cases, you know its gonna hurt like hell and all you're hoping for is a clean break, not a messy, scandalous scene of a crime...

and in the guy's head, he is still firmly convinced that he is doing the right thing...

i see your point moichi... well said.

i guess youre right. i may be talking about my own personal preference for honesty here...

for sure, there are ladies around who would prefer the gentler approach.

fact remains though - there should be no lying :)

peace y'all :)

Edited by Wyld
Not as blunt as that .. but certainly not in a roundabout way too.

Theres this term I hear a lot -- consuelo de bobo. Dont say things just so you want us to feel better... thats almost like lying... :)  ]

i see your point moichi... well said.

i guess youre right. i may be talking about my own personal preference for honesty here...

for sure, there are ladies around who would prefer the gentler approach.

fact remains though - there should be no lying :)

peace y'all :)  ]

yey! peace!

Guest simply_miss
naku sis,

may kilala akong ganyan!! parehong pareho...

i think nag-ego tripping lang mga guys na ganyan... u should move on na... sayang lang oras mo sa kanya!!!

sa palagay ko lang naman...

:)

Siguro nga ego tripping...feeling nila reward at award ka para sa kanila, that's why they still can't let go

They ask for the "space" and when you give it, mas nagiging demanding sila, wors, napapa praning pag may nakikitang silang kaiba or coldness sa treatment ng babae.

You can't demand, but he does.....kasi kundi you'll argue and discuss.....pero he's asking space nung lagay na yun :unsure: UNFAIR di ba? :blink:

HOPE WHEN WE TELL OUR PARTNER WE NEED A SPACE, YOU CAN STAND BY IT AND DON'T TORTURE THE OTHER PARTY EMOTIONALLY and MENTALLY BY BEING UNSTABLE WITH YOUR EMOTIONS.

Nakakaawa....i should have known better

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest REBEL_CHIC

i always tell na:

"INDE NA AKO MASAYA EH AT AYOKO NA MASAKTAN KA LNG SA HULI, UVE BEEN SO KIND TO ME AND SORRY IF YOU FEEL NA PARANG I JUST PLAYED WITH YOU"

tapos naka2inis pa yung ibang guy...

pag sinabihan mo ng ganun lagi nag-eeffort para ka sumaya...

i'd been hurt once kasi hirap n ako makawala s kahapon ko..

ngayon ang bilis ko na magpalit bf...

kung minsan sabay sabay pa...

the worst thing the more n tinatapat ko kung gaano ako kasamang babae the more na nagho2ld sila sa relation :cry:

• 1 month later...

i love you and i will always love you.. if time comes you wont be hearing anything frm me, it doesnt mean i did forget u... nver ever think of it, neither think that im angry because i wont and never will i...

maybe time comes for me to free myself, to wake up from my slumber, to control my heart not to fall in love with you again coz i am just hurting myself in the process.. i knw and feel i may not hve you in the end, so id rather learn not hve u now..

but one thing is 4 sure that.. my FRIENDSHIP would remain.. honestly it would... i want u to know that i wil nver ever waste the yrs we hve shared as friends because of our mistakes... things happened and so be it... but what matters the most is the acceptance that after all... hey we are still friends!...

finally all im asking is that... hope u wuld smile when u happen to remember me...

GOD BLESS AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Im very sorry.. Mahal na mahal kita pero ito ung tama.. Basta pag kailangan mo ko nandito lang ako.. U will always be here 4ever(sabay turo sa heart nya).. Ayusin mong pag-aaral mo ha? Ingatan mo palage sarili mo.. Kumain ka ng maayos..(sabay kiss sa noo) ohhh God! Ang hirap nun ha!.. :rolleyes:

The thought just crossed my mind a few moments ago (although this pertains not to a relationship, but to an embarrassing situation.) I was tempted to say in my best Keanu Reeves impression, "Operator, I need an exit." heheheh.

Para hindi OT:

Honesty may be the best policy when breaking up, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to soften the blow a bit. After all, this is a rather delicate situation. Tell her the specifics. The decision to break up is never an easy one, and you must have the best intentions in doing so (that pursuing the relationship further would only cause more harm than good, especially when your heart is no longer into it---if this is the case.) Tell her you carry the weight of this decision, because it was your choice---not hers. Make her know that she shouldn't blame herself why you feel this way. Words of consolation may be out of place, since you'll be the source of her grief, so it's probably better not to try and comfort her. Once you've broken the news, if she asks to be left alone, respect her wishes, but if she wishes to discuss it, then answer her questions as truthfully as possible. Once all is said and done, try to part ways as friends. If she's too hurt to accept your offer, don't force it. It's the toughest thing to do, I agree. But it's even tougher to pretend that you still love her when you no longer feel that way. That's even more unfair to her (and yourself) if you think about it.

exit line ko sa mga ex ko b4... through letter lng lahat.. hehe nde ko kse kaya na makita silang nasasaktan..

...thank you for all the good things you've done to me etc etc etc.. im so sori wala sayo ang problema na saken, i hope sna mapatawad mo ko.. nde ko gusto n saktan ka... but im really really sori... :(

and i mean it dearly.. after that break up.. nde muna ako nakipag bf ulet for months.. jst to show/prove to him na nde 3rd party ang reason y i broke up wid him.. its jst that pasaway lng tlga ako.. i guess na-fall out of love lng and batang isip p kse ako nun and nde ko maramdaman na sila n nga yung taong hinahanap ko..