What's Your Current Pc System ?

Where do you live in CA?:D You can also go for SVC, although a bit more expensive, they also have great prices and support, and you can pick up the items at their office/warehouse in San jose, CA :D Save yourself some shipping and taxes :D

Before I forget, Here's another mobo for you :D One of the cheapest REAL overclocking mobo out there in the market :D Almost as good as DFI, but much much cheaper :D

Biostar Tforce4U 939

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813138270

Or you can stick to the normal line up of Biostar, or Epox too if you're planning to go for med. OC or no OC at all :D

Epox 9NPA+ Ultra

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813123236

And if you want to future proof you system, go for Asrock, it has a future AM2 socket 940 support :D Plus, this is 32x SLI (16-16) :D But this doesn't oc well, unless you're planning to volt mod it w/ a conductive ink :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813157087

For your mem, look for something with low timings, your Corsair is already good for the price since the CAS Latency is 2.5 compared to 3 in other Value mems :D

I suggest to go 7600GT why?:D

7600GT:

12 Pipelines

Core Clock: 560mhz

Mem Clock: 1400mhz (700mhz x 2)

Support for DX9, OpenGL 2, support for newer technology (Intellisample 4.0, CineFX 4.0 etc)

Power Consumption: Lower than 6800 series

Heat production: Lower than 6800 series

6800XT:

8 Pipelines

Core Clock: 350mhz

Mem Clock: 1000mhz

Support for DX9, OpenGL 1.5, support for older tech (Intellisample 3.0, etc :D)

Choose this one, since PNY is decent, and cheaper too :D This one also has a rebate, so I think this is a sweet choice :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814133150

You can also opt for Evga, but I had many bad experience w/ evga :D Go for BFG if you need the warranty (Oc ability is low though) while XFX for good oc :D

that was a good reply.. :D really appreciated it. im from San Bernardino by the way.

yeah, ill consider getting the 7600GT, that is if i could squeeze some more budget. :)

anyways, im almost done looking up for the main parts. im planning to buy some of misc here, like PSU, UV cold cathodes, fans, case (pwde bang ilagay sa balikbayan box ung case? kc mas mura mga case d2 compared sa new egg eh). itll be better to buy those parts here kasi walang shipping and tax. :)

ive heard somewhere that no matter what parts i buy, dont ever ever go cheap on the PSU. and the best performance/price PSU in new egg is ANTEC TRUEPOWER which costs $80. damn! P4000 din un. baka merong matibay na PSU dito na di kasing mahal ng antec?

anyway, here is my updated new egg parts:

DFI motherboard

Athlon 64 3000+ Venice

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner (anong dvd writer ang pwdeng bilin dito sa pinas na katulad nito)

eVGA Geforce 6800XT (7600GT considered)

Logitech Cordless Desktop

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 BLUE 480W Power Supply (anong magandang PSU na tatak dito sa pinas)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA

sa fan naman, anong klaseng fan ang tahimik? and if ever bumili ako dito sa pinas ng misc parts, san maganda bumili? alam ko mura sa gilmore, pero may quality ba naman dun?

Edited by duayne

Yup, its true, the PSU is the backbone of your whole system. So no matter how good you pc is, w/ a sucky PSU, you're already risking your rig to go down in flames, Literally :D And Im sure you wouldn't want that :D

Now, lets talk about PSUs. When overclocking, its always recommended to go single rail (forgot the reason why :D) But since more and more hardwares require more juice, dual rails/quad rails are now a trend :D

Stick w/ PSUs w/ APFC and 500W above :D

I'm a fan of the Antec TP1, very stable oc capability. But TP2 550w could also do the job :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103931

But... so far, the only decent (and cheap) PSU that I know is the HEC Winpower 550W, but its not in newegg, but its locally available for 3.9k :D It has APFC too :D Very stable. this PSU has been a hot stuff in TPC a few months back :D

All other PSUs that I know that are really good is OCZ and Silverstone. You can also go to Europe and look for FSP (Forton Source), since the new OCZ GameXstream 700W is a rebadged Forton :D

If you want, you can buy my OCZ Powerstream by middle of June. LOL :D

If you plan to buy some modding stuffs, just buy them locally, frozencpu.com is expensive, although you'll have many choices there :D

Re: fans, it'll depend on your budget, there are a lot of high end fans there ($15-$20 and thats w/o shipping :D) But when you say high end, IT IS high end :D Here's Silverstone's FM121 :D Very high CFM for the noise :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811999344

You can also opt for the Aerocool, only 32dba, but packs a whallop! :D 80+ CFM and it's very stylish (Turbine style w/ Led, Shiny too :D)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835129245

There's also a 65+ CFM w/ 27dba if the 32dba is still noisy for you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835129043

Buy the UV CCFL lights here :D Its very cheap here, but handle with care, as it breaks easily :D Broke 2 CCFL bulbs already as I was riding the LRT (Gilmore is near my place :D).

For the casing, well, yeah, casings sold here are cheap because most of them are from China/Taiwan. You can buy a cheap one then let someone modify it to your liking :D I already sent my CM Stacker for modding to hide the wires :D

Since you're getting a DFI mobo, I guess you're planning to overclock :D So I suggest getting a tower casing, not a mid atx, as mid atx casing tends to get hot :D Look for a Tower Casing w/ good airflow :D I can't suggest since casings are user preference :D But I can tell you why I disposed my TTake Kadalf for 6.5k and buy a CM Stacker instead :D The CM stacker has very good airflow, thats basically it. :D W/ good airflow, there's no need for high rpm, high cfm, noisy fans for your casing :D

Oh yeah, before I forget, if you're going to buy a 7200.9, either buy 160gb or the 500gb only :D These two has the best seek/write time for their capacity :D But if you can afford a Raptor, get it instead :D

Yup, its true, the PSU is the backbone of your whole system.  So no matter how good you pc is, w/ a sucky PSU, you're already risking your rig to go down in flames, Literally :D And Im sure you wouldn't want that

Now, lets talk about PSUs.  When overclocking, its always recommended to go single rail (forgot the reason why :D) But since more and more hardwares require more juice, dual rails/quad rails are now a trend

Stick w/ PSUs w/ APFC and 500W above

I'm a fan of the Antec TP1, very stable oc capability.  But TP2 550w could also do the job

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103931

But... so far, the only decent (and cheap) PSU that I know is the HEC Winpower 550W, but its not in newegg, but its locally available for 3.9k :D It has APFC too :D Very stable.  this PSU has been a hot stuff in TPC a few months back :D

All other PSUs that I know that are really good is OCZ and Silverstone.  You can also go to Europe and look for FSP (Forton Source), since the new OCZ GameXstream 700W is a rebadged Forton

If you want, you can buy my OCZ Powerstream by middle of June. LOL

ill take a look at HEC Winpower if ever i bumped into it one of these days... P3.9k? almost same as antec2 which is $40 plus free shipping... might as well get the antec. :)

and oh? are you serious about selling your OCZ powersteam? for how much? how long have u have it?

If you plan to buy some modding stuffs, just buy them locally, frozencpu.com is expensive, although you'll have many choices there :D

Re: fans, it'll depend on your budget, there are a lot of high end fans there ($15-$20 and thats w/o shipping :D) But when you say high end, IT IS high end :D Here's Silverstone's FM121 :D Very high CFM for the noise :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811999344

You can also opt for the Aerocool, only 32dba, but packs a whallop! :D 80+ CFM and it's very stylish (Turbine style w/ Led, Shiny too :D)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835129245

There's also a 65+ CFM w/ 27dba if the 32dba is still noisy for you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835129043

Buy the UV CCFL lights here :D Its very cheap here, but handle with care, as it breaks easily :D Broke 2 CCFL bulbs already as I was riding the LRT (Gilmore is near my place :D).

For the casing, well, yeah, casings sold here are cheap because most of them are from China/Taiwan. You can buy a cheap one then let someone modify it to your liking  I already sent my CM Stacker for modding to hide the wires

Since you're getting a DFI mobo, I guess you're planning to overclock :D So I suggest getting a tower casing, not a mid atx, as mid atx casing tends to get hot :D Look for a Tower Casing w/ good airflow :D I can't suggest since casings are user preference :D But I can tell you why I disposed my TTake Kadalf for 6.5k and buy a CM Stacker instead :D The CM stacker has very good airflow, thats basically it. :D W/ good airflow, there's no need for high rpm, high cfm, noisy fans for your casing

Oh yeah, before I forget, if you're going to buy a 7200.9, either buy 160gb or the 500gb only :D These two has the best seek/write time for their capacity :D But if you can afford a Raptor, get it instead :D

thanks for fan links... they're great.. but i think ill just look for modding parts locally.. do you know other modding parts that i dont know? UV CCFL, fans, sleeves.. anything more? :D does putting UV CCFL inside the case cause the temp to go higher?

all the while i thought you're not based here in the Philippines, pero lapit ka lang pala sa gilmore. :D

sorry for asking this stupid question, but how would i know if a case has a good air flow or not? :)

and oh, i havent tried OCing yet, but ill stil get the DFI mobo in case id try to OC later. :D

Edited by duayne

@ duayne

You can check out in this link and search for the best OC guide in case you plan to OC. ^_^

http://tech-forums.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10

By the way cheese, ask ko lang. Bili kasi ako ng AMD Athlon 64 S754 3000+ . Kasi yung current PSU ko ngaun, 20-pin lang connectors niya so gagastos ako ng kaunti kapag nag switch na ako sa PCI Express mobo. So ask kta kung kakayanin ba ng 400W kong PSU sakaling bumili ako ng GeForce 6600GT para sa AGP8X?

E2 magiging specs ng PC ko sakali lang..

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 Ghz 512KB Cache Socket 754

Biostar Redfox NF325-A7 NVidia NForce3 250

Maxtor 40 GB 5400 RPM

Inno3D GeForce 6600GT AGP8X

generic 1x 512MB 1x 256MB DDR333

DVD-ROM

CD-W/RW

Kayanin kaya ng 400W PSU ko? Hay hirap ng walang pera. Di ko pa nabenta Intel CPU and MOBO ko. :(

thanks for giving the link at tech-forums. :D im already a member there.. and i already checked the OC thread there. i already browsed that thread. tska ko na ulet babashin pag mag OC nako. :D

about your question to cheese, diko rin alam sagutin. haha. lolz.. pero sa tingin ko kaya ng PSU mo un, pero alanganin.

and oh, im not an expert into hardwares, pero ang alam ko, sayang ung 256mb ram mo kc di sync ung 512 sa 256. so bale ung 512 lang ang mggmit mo. better yet get 2 x 512mb. tama ba ako? correct me if im wrong ha. may nakapagsabi lang sakin nito dati eh. :)

ill take a look at HEC Winpower if ever i bumped into it one of these days... P3.9k? almost same as antec2 which is $40 plus free shipping...  might as well get the antec. :)

and oh? are you serious about selling your OCZ powersteam? for how much? how long have u have it?

thanks for fan links... they're great.. but i think ill just look for modding parts locally.. do you know other modding parts that i dont know? UV CCFL, fans, sleeves.. anything more? :D does putting UV CCFL inside the case cause the temp to go higher?

all the while i thought you're not based here in the Philippines, pero lapit ka lang pala sa gilmore. :D

sorry for asking this stupid question, but how would i know if a case has a good air flow or not? :)

and oh, i havent tried OCing yet, but ill stil get the DFI mobo in case id try to OC later. :D

My OCZ?:D Im still thinking how much it'll be :D I only used it around nearly a year, so it still has 2 more years of OCZ warranty :D

Other modding products? Hmmmm... you have the fan grills, the 5.25 bay fan controllers (w/ temp gauge), other 5.25 devices, sound activated modules etc... there are too many to mention :D Go to Tipidpc.com :D You'll see every locally available gadgets here :D And re: UV CCFL, no, it won't increase the case temp :D I have 3 of them before, my temps never increased even 1C (Using the temp gauge of course :D)

Hmmm...good airflow is where the air can move naturally w/o obstructions, with that, the hot air won't be stuck into the case :D You can get good airflow by minimizing wires (Hide the wires at the back of the mobo tray or mod the case itself) and placing the fans correctly (Fans as intake, you can place the intakes in front, you can also place one at your side panel. Then fans as exhaust, put the fans at the back of the case, then also put a fan on top of your casing as exhaust, since hot air goes up :D). Remember, its not always the RPM of your fans that does the job, its how your air flows inside your case that'll improve your temps :D

Oh yeah, another link for you re: oc'ing, since Im a DFI user myself (And still waiting for my wretched SLI-DR Expert to be RMA'ed :()

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Very very helpful, since DFI really requires tinkering to get the best oc :D Sometimes, it takes me 3 days to oc (Memtest testing for hours, to find max fsb w/ target timings and vdimm, then prime95 stability testing, Large FTTs first for 6 hours then Blend for 8 hours, if everything passed, its time for 3dmark testing to test 3d stability)

DFI street is where all DFI users meet, but if you want to be an avid overclocker, go to:

http://www.xtremesystems.org

SImply the best of all forums, may it be overclocking, reviews, and news :D

@ duayne

You can check out in this link and search for the best OC guide in case you plan to OC. ^_^

http://tech-forums.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10

By the way cheese, ask ko lang. Bili kasi ako ng AMD Athlon 64 S754 3000+ . Kasi yung current PSU ko ngaun, 20-pin lang connectors niya so gagastos ako ng kaunti kapag nag switch na ako sa PCI Express mobo. So ask kta kung kakayanin ba ng 400W kong PSU sakaling bumili ako ng GeForce 6600GT para sa AGP8X?

E2 magiging specs ng PC ko sakali lang..

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 Ghz 512KB Cache Socket 754

Biostar Redfox NF325-A7 NVidia NForce3 250

Maxtor 40 GB 5400 RPM

Inno3D GeForce 6600GT AGP8X

generic 1x 512MB 1x 256MB DDR333

DVD-ROM

CD-W/RW

Kayanin kaya ng 400W PSU ko? Hay hirap ng walang pera. Di ko pa nabenta Intel CPU and MOBO ko. :(

Yup :D No problem :D Just don't add another hdd, since hdd's are power hogs :D

2x512mb is better since you can run it in dual channel mode (if your mobo supports dual channel), which can make your pc faster :D

Ah. Yung memory ko kasi, dati pa yan e d ako nagpapalit xiempre walang pera :P Pero after ko mapalitan yung CPU, mobo and GFX card, plano ko na talaga yung branded na 2x512MB RAM PC3200. Kingston bilhin ko maganda na kaya un? Un lang nakikita ko e.

I'd go for Twinmos and PQI :D Twinmos is cheaper, with also a very decent timings (2.5-3-3-8). :D PQI is also good but only when you something overclockable :D Of course, you'll need a good eye for it :D

Latency is written at you mem's sticker, if not, use CPU-Z (Downloadable program :D) and you can check your pc's speed, mem's SPD (This is your mem's nominal/stock timings), current mem timings and a bit about your motherboard :D

You can also download Lavasoft's Everest too :D

Just bought my set up last Tuesday...

PROCESSOR: P 6,500.00 AMD Athlon 64 3000+ s939 (How do you find the name of the core?)MOTHERBOARD: P 3,975.00 Asus A8V-MX K8M800 s939/DDR400/AGP8X

MEMORY: P 2,205.00 Generic 512MB PC400 DDRAM

VIDEOCARD: P 3,922.00 Inno3D GF6600 128MB 64BIT AGP TV-OUT/DVI

HARD DRIVE: P 3,975.00 Seagate 160GB 7200RPM

MONITOR: P 6,254.00 17" Samsung 793MB Magic Bright Monitor

CASING: P 1,855.00 AMP 7004 500W ATX w/ KB,Mouse and MMSpeakers

CDWriter: My old Samsung CDRW DVD Combo

CDRom: My old LG CDRom 52X

Bought it at PCX Surplus Store at Shaw Blvd. Total: P 28,986.00

I initially planned to use it primarily for gaming but I just found out that this set up is not ideal for multitasking and video conversion and editing.... :wacko:

PROCESSOR: P 6,500.00 AMD Athlon 64 3000+ s939 (How do you find the name of the core?)MOTHERBOARD: P 3,975.00 Asus A8V-MX K8M800 s939/DDR400/AGP8X

I initially planned to use it primarily for gaming but I just found out that this set up is not ideal for multitasking and video conversion and editing.... :wacko:

Nice rig dude. Wish I coud have one also :(. Well your processor according to my research has the Venice Core with 512Kb of L2 Cache. Name of processor cores are named by their size of cache (512KB, 1MB Cache :P).

U have pix of your rig? Could you show me some? :P

Just download CPU-Z :D

Anyway, most AMD64's here are already Venice cores :D unless you bought a reconditioned proc (which is rampant in PCX and other PC stores :D)

I've just assembled my latest rig few weeks ago & im using it right now running 24/7 hopefully tatagal din ito like my older pc na P4 1.5 GHZ that just died a month ago

Specs =

Casing : Thermaltake Silver/Aluminum Xaser III - P10,000

Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 2.80 GHZ 800 MHZ DUAL CORE 2MB LGA 775 - P11,800

MoBo : Intel 945GNTL i945 - P5,500

Video Card : Inno3d Geforce 6800 XT PCI-Express 128MB 256Bit - P6,800

TV Tuner : Leadtek TV Tuner Expert Edition - P2,800

Sound Card : Creative Audigy Value - P2,250

Memory : Geil DDR2 (2pcs 1 Gig = 2 Gig) Ram - P5,250

Power Supply : Task Dualfan 450W - P2,500

Hard Disk : Seagate Barracuda 120GB SATA - P3,950

CDWriter : Liteon 52x 32/52 (black) - P1,300

CDROM : Asus 52x (black) - P850

Printer : Epson Stylus CX3100 Printer/Scanner/Copier - P4500

Speaker : Altec Lansing ATP3 - P3,200

Mouse : A4Tech X710-3 Red Gaming Mouse - P800

Keyboard : A4Tech KB Slim - P600

Fans : 8 Led Fans - P800

Monitor : 17" AOC 7F Flatscreen Black - P5,500

Total : P68,400

:headsetsmiley:

I've just assembled my latest rig few weeks ago & im using it right now running 24/7 hopefully tatagal din ito like my older pc na P4 1.5 GHZ that just died a month ago

Specs =

Casing : Thermaltake Silver/Aluminum Xaser III - P10,000

Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 2.80 GHZ 800 MHZ DUAL CORE 2MB LGA 775 - P11,800

MoBo : Intel 945GNTL i945 - P5,500

Video Card : Inno3d Geforce 6800 XT  PCI-Express 128MB 256Bit - P6,800

TV Tuner : Leadtek TV Tuner Expert Edition - P2,800

Sound Card : Creative Audigy Value - P2,250

Memory : Geil DDR2 (2pcs 1 Gig = 2 Gig) Ram - P5,250

Power Supply : Task Dualfan 450W - P2,500

Hard Disk : Seagate Barracuda 120GB SATA - P3,950

CDWriter : Liteon 52x 32/52 (black) - P1,300

CDROM : Asus 52x (black) - P850

Printer : Epson Stylus CX3100 Printer/Scanner/Copier - P4500

Speaker : Altec Lansing ATP3 - P3,200

Mouse : A4Tech X710-3 Red Gaming Mouse - P800

Keyboard : A4Tech KB Slim - P600

Fans : 8 Led Fans - P800

Monitor : 17" AOC 7F Flatscreen Black - P5,500

Total : P68,400

:headsetsmiley:

Wow... ganda naman nyan.. hehe ganda rin ng Price its good for you if have the money...

For me...

AMD Athlox 64 3200

sockect939MB SATA

512MB Ram PQI

Vidcard - Inno3dMX 440 256mb/256 bit

30 gig HD

redfox casing

and do it my self sound system.. connect ko sa compnent ko hehehe

@wetkizr nabawasan nga savings ko ng d oras eh huhuhu taena kasi yung luma kong P4 bumigay na kaya pnalitan ko na buo kesa mag upgrade dahil naka RD Ram yun kaya sayang lang kung mag upgrade pa ko hehehe bebenta ko nalang yung ibang parts dun na good condition pa.. but anyways sulit naman ang ginastos ko sa rig ko ngyon talagang mabilis kumpara sa dati ehehe

i've a 2 year old HP pavilion desktop pc which still runs great thanks to the many upgrades i've done to it over the years.

-amd athlon xp 3200+ (2.2ghz)

-1GB pc2700 ram

-160GB (primary) and 200GB (slave) hard drives

-16x DVD (primary) and a 16X DVD±R burner (salve) optical drives

-nvidia geforce 6800 512mb (AGP)

-430W PSU

-17 inch viewsonic LCD.

extras:

-m-audio MIDI keyboard

-hauppauge win-tv tunercard

-saitek cyborg evo joystick

-logitech driving force pro steering wheel

-logitech rumble force gamepad

Edited by milhouse83

MINE IS

PENTIUM 4 2.66@3.01

DELL 19" LCD MONITOR

DELL KEYBOARD

LOGITECH MX 700 CORDLESS MOUSE

ASUS P4P800 DLX

1 GB INFINEON DDR PC3200

ATI 9800 PRO 128MB

120GB MAXTOR SATA HD

40 GB QUANTUM HD

30 GB EXTERNAL HD

NETGEAR SC101 NETWORK HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE WITH 250GB WD HD

NETGEAR WGR614 WIRELESS ROUTER

CHENMING ATX BLACK CASE

LOGITECH X220 SUBS/SPEAKERS

COOLERMASTER TURBINE CPU COOLER

SONY DVD 12X WRITER

SAMSUNG 8X DVD DRIVE

MOTOROLA VOIP CABLE MODEM

13 IN ONE CARD READER

GETTING OLD NEED TO UPGRADE IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Nice rig dude. Wish I coud have one also :(. Well your processor according to my research has the Venice Core with 512Kb of L2 Cache. Name of processor cores are named by their size of cache (512KB, 1MB Cache :P).

U have pix of your rig? Could you show me some? :P

Gusto ko sana kaso shy siya eh. Ayaw niya magpa-picture lalo na kung lalabas sa MTC. Pero I went with the black with silver trim color scheme para compaq-look. From the monitor to the case to the mouse to the Altec Lansing spekers it's all black with silver trim. :thumbsupsmiley:

The processor is brand new sealed in a box. Hindi ko na pinakabitan ng 1.44" floppy disk para walang kung anu-ano ang pinapasok doon pag wala ako. <_<