What's Your Current Pc System ?

@papaFresh

How do the Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse perform in gaming?

I am thinking of going wireless too.

Mine works great, it came w/ the MX700 Optical Mouse. It's pretty high dpi and comes w/ a charging station so you won't find yourself low on battery during gameplay. If you're playing lots of FPS style games, you'd wanna get at least the Cordles Desktop w/ the MX700, otherwise the lower end mice aren't that accurate.

My recently built gaming rig :-)

--Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

-- ABIT KN8 SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

-- XFX PV-T71G-UDE7 GeForce 7900 GT EXTREME (520MHz) 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

-- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

-- Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual

Channel Kit System Memory

-- Western Digital Caviar SE WD1200JS 120GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-- Acer ET.L5209.005 Black 19" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

-- LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner W/ LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM Write Black ATAPI/E-IDE

-- Thermaltake CL-P0200 Silent 938 K8 - AMD K8 solution w/ Heatpipe Cooling Tech

-- Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V

Gaganda talaga ng mga rig ng tao dito...hay...

Holdap muna ako ng bangko hehe :P Tanong ko lang guys, magandang mobo din yung Biostar(Redfox) diba? Sa Asrock kasi parang alanganin ako e

bro.. mas may tiwala ako sa asrock...

yung 2 lumang gaming rig ko is both asrock mobo... 2 yrs. old na sila pareho but they're still kicking ass..

bihirang bihira ko na lang nga gamitin dahil meron na aong bagon rig... masmalufet.. :-D

This is my rig..

AMd Sempron 2200+ running at 1.5Ghz

Ecs Elite km400-m2 Socket 462 motherboard

Ati Radeon 128Mb DDR 9250 AGP Video Card

512Mb pc333 + 256mb pc333 RAM

80 GB Hdd

17 INCH MONITor

-- Help me update this specs.... Whats the fastest socket 462 amd processor available?? How much??

-- video cards that's pretty decent in 5th pesos range???

-- kahit modest lang ang specs but i was able to run Farcry and Halflife 2 in low to medium settings...

This is my rig..

80 GB Hdd

17 INCH MONITor

-- Help me update this specs....  Whats the fastest socket 462 amd processor available??  How much??

-- kahit modest lang ang specs but i was able to run Farcry and Halflife 2 in low to medium settings...

bro. sa ngayon medyo pine-phase out na ang socket A (socket 462)... meron pa ring ilan-ilan dyan na binebenta pero i think ang pinaka mabilis na lang na nasa market ngayon is :

AMD Sempron 2800+ Thoroughbred 333MHz FSB Socket A (2.0 Ghz) [ about P 4,500 ata ]

you can over clock this up to 2.3 - 2.4 Ghz... anything above that, the life span of your processor will decrease...

for video card na nasa 5k --> Radeon 9600 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X

hope this helps.. peace!

This is my rig..

80 GB Hdd

17 INCH MONITor

-- Help me update this specs....  Whats the fastest socket 462 amd processor available??  How much??

Socket A was already phased out by AMD due to the release of the Sempron64. You can get the Sempron64 instead, but it is a Socket 754 :D Anyway, you can look for Sempron Socket A procs in http://www.tipidpc.com to save you some money, as well as your 5k budget for a vc. :D I saw in TPC that there's a 6600gt being sold @ 4.5k only :D get it while it's hot :D

bro. sa ngayon medyo pine-phase out na ang socket A (socket 462)...  meron pa ring ilan-ilan dyan na binebenta pero i think ang pinaka mabilis na lang na nasa market ngayon is :

AMD Sempron 2800+ Thoroughbred 333MHz FSB Socket A  (2.0 Ghz)  [ about P 4,500 ata ]

you can over clock this up to 2.3 - 2.4 Ghz... anything above that, the life span of your processor will decrease...

for video card na nasa 5k --> Radeon 9600 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X

hope this helps.. peace!

What is the fastest Athlon for socket 462??? Don't care pre na i phase out nila yung socket na yan :lol: :lol: what matters for me is that I will be able to run all those new game titles... I want my pc to survive for 2 more years before I upgrade bigtime :D :D .. Sayang pera eh...

Radeon 9600 256mb maganda na ba toh?? .. anyways I don't usually max out my settings as what other gamers do... I'm perfectly happy in the 800x600 gaming resolution range at medium to high settings... B) B)

Socket A was already phased out by AMD due to the release of the Sempron64.  You can get the Sempron64 instead, but it is a Socket 754 :D Anyway, you can look for Sempron Socket A procs in http://www.tipidpc.com to save you some money, as well as your 5k budget for a vc. :D I saw in TPC that there's a 6600gt being sold @ 4.5k only :D get it while it's hot :D

thanks for the reply... Do you think 6600gt price at 4.5k is just to good to be true??? Baka damage yan... :lol:

I'll evaluate your suggestion regarding switching to sempron64 or better yet athlon64 but hey it requires addtional dough since you also have to upgrade the mobo.. B) B) ...

thanks for all the suggestion..

you can call me a serious but budget conscious gamer... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the reply... Do you think 6600gt price at 4.5k is just to good to be true???  Baka damage yan...  :lol:

I'll evaluate your suggestion regarding switching to sempron64 or better yet athlon64 but hey it requires addtional dough since you also have to upgrade the mobo.. B)  B) ...

thanks for all the suggestion..

you can call me a serious but budget conscious gamer... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, you can check the feedbacks re the sellers in TPC, similar to ebay feedbacks too :D More feedbacks = reliable :D

• 2 months later...

Help guys!

I have an Epox EP-8RDA3I-pro motherboard with a Tornado GeForce 4 AGP MX440-8X video card on 512 RAM. Since yung slot ng motherboard ko ay tatlo (two are occupied by two 256 DDR SDRAM). Pwede ba akong maglagay ng isa pa pero 512 para maging 1G sya? I noticed na 3G kasi ang max na memory nya eh. I'm not really an avid gamer, eto lang ang pinabili ng friend ko when I asked him what should I buy when I wanted to have a PC. Though I have games like: LOTR: War of the Rings, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne and Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf installed in it, it seems a bit slow, I notice thias with the mouse pointer's reaction.

Sorry, pero di kasi ako pc savvy, hope you can help me with this.

Eto nga pala yung full spec ng motherboard ko:

CPU Socket:

Supports 462-pin Socket-A for AMD Athlon XP processors 1500+ to 3400+ with 266/333/400MHz FSB

Chipset:

nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 + Raid MCP AGP set

System Memory:

Three 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets

Support single-sided or double-sided 2.5v DDR-266/333/400 DIMMs with dual channel architecture in 128/256/512Mb technologies

Support Asynchronous clocking mode between FSB and DIMM

Support up to 3 GB system memory

Expansion Slots:

Six PCI connectors compliant with PCI v2.2

One 1.5v AGP- 8X/4X connector compliant with AGP v3.0

IDE:

Two IDE interfaces (up to 4 IDE devices) with UDMA-33, ATA-66/100/133 support from embedded IDE controller

USB:

Eight USB connectors compliant with USB2.0 from embedded USB controller (4 connectors at rear panel)

S-ATA:

Two S-ATA ports with up to 150MBps bandwidth

LAN:

One RJ45 from onboard Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet PHY

Audio:

Selectable 2, 6-CH audio from onboard RealTek ALC65x AC¡¦97 v2.3 compliant CODEC.

Support Aux-In, CD-In, S/PDIF-in and S/PDIF-out

Rear panel audio jacks configuration;

For 2-channel mode; stereo Line-out (green), stereo Line-In (blue) and Mic-In (pink)

For 6-channel mode; Front stereo-out(green), Rear stereo-out (blue), Center and Sub-woofer (pink)

Support Front panel audio for Mic-In and stereo Line-out only. (Front panel Line-out electrically shared with rear panel Line-out)

Support Auto Jack Sensing for fool-proof audio device installation

Support SPDIF Coaxial output.

I/O:

Onboard Winbond W83627THF LPC bus I/O controller

Legacy peripheral interface for PS/2 keyboard & mouse, FDD, Parallel, Two Serial, Game and IrDA (v1.0 compliant), ¡K

Support Hardware Monitoring function such as fan speed monitoring and CPU temperature.

BIOS:

4Mb Flash EEPROM with Award Plug & Play BIOS

Support ACPI S3 (Suspend to RAM) mode in ACPI compliant O/S

Support EZ Boot for fast bootable device selection

Support Magic Health for system hardware status report during system boot-up

Special Features:

Support KBPO (Keyboard Power ON) function

Support Wake-On-LAN by PME

Support USB Resume in S3

Onboard Post-Port LED display

Support AGP-Master for protection against improper AGP card insertion

Power BIOS for excellent over clocking features:

Support Asynchronous FSB/AGP and FSB/DIMM timing mode

1MHz fine tuning on FSB, AGP timing

Support BIOS adjustable CPU multiplier & Core voltage, FSB clock, AGP clock, Vdd voltage, DIMM frequency and voltage settings

Powerful utilities for Windows:

USDM (Unified System Diagnostic Manager) for system hardware monitoring

Magic Flash for BIOS update without requiring DOS flash utility and bootable diskette

Magic Screen for personal bootup screen design

Useful software bundle:

Symantec Norton Ghost, Personal Firewall and Trend PC-Cillin for system backup and security

Form Factor:

305mm x 245mm x 40mm, ATX Size

Accessories:

User's manual, IO shield

CD for drivers, utilities and bundle software

Flat IDE & FDD cables

Mine is an old school HP pavilion 8898 almost 6 years old. Up until now it's pretty much stock with its Intel P4 1.3 Ghz processor 400 Mhz FSB and the ever so expensive 128 Mb RDRAM Rambus technology. Can't upgrade the damn thing co'z it would cost a fortune to add more RAM. They reckoned I'd be better off getting a new one than spending on its upgrade. But I must say this baby still a bullet proof when it comes to performance it hardly hang.

Here's my aging rig. I think i've done enough upgrades on it to last till middle of next year at least. By then I should be finally ready to build a PCI-E setup.

AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.2Ghz

2GB PC3200 Memory

ATI Radeon X800GTO 256mb

Turtle Beach USB Sound Card

Hauppauge PVR150 TV Tuner

Antec 500W Power Supply

160GB + 80GB Hard Drives

17" Viewsonic LCD Monitor

M-Audio MIDI Keyboard

Windows Vista RC1

Edited by milhouse83