Back To The 70's

Since we're close to Christmas mode, if not there already, who among you have that classic Jackson 5 Christmas album? That has to be the greatest Christmas album ever. My late father had a copy. It's buried somewhere with all those LPs of Rachmaninoff, Pat Boone, Connie Francis, Ray Conniff, etc.

what pat boone album do you have?

curious lang i've been trying to complete my collection..

a few Lps are missing ...

thanks man!...

Naku, pareng blackmamba. I wish I knew. There's just a huge pile of LPs over at the house. I do remember that there's a Pat Boone LP with his rendition of "Moon River." I believe there are other LPs, since my mother adores Pat Boone.

Since we're close to Christmas mode, if not there already, who among you have that classic Jackson 5 Christmas album?  That has to be the greatest Christmas album ever.  My late father had a copy.  It's buried somewhere with all those LPs of Rachmaninoff, Pat Boone, Connie Francis, Ray Conniff, etc.

I still have that LP - and I believe it's still holding up well - the condition, I mean :D

Naku, pareng blackmamba.  I wish I knew.  There's just a huge pile of LPs over at the house.  I do remember that there's a Pat Boone LP with his rendition of "Moon River."  I believe there are other LPs, since my mother adores Pat Boone.

good for her..

pat boone's one of the best crooner during the early days...

i grew up hearing the ray conniff singers during christmas... :)

Pat Boone's daughter Debbie Boone has a hit song in the 70s - 'You Light Up My Life'. ginawang titulo pa nga ng pelikula yan nuong 1977, naalala ko yan kasi may kasama akong babae sa loob ng sinehan :evil:

While it was Debbie Boone who brought the song to no. 1 for many weeks in the Billboard charts, it was Didi Conn (who also appeared in "Grease") who starred and sang the song in the movie. Napanood ko rin yan sa sinehan (wala pang betamax kasi). Yun nga lang, mag-isa akong nanood. Lonely boy lagi ako noong araw.

Kumusta na, pareng Anaheim?

A little memory from the 1970s. I wonder who among you remember this.

One channel (I think it was Channel 7) premiered the movie "Patton" with a promo. You had to list down all the commercials aired, in the proper order, to qualify for a raffle. This was a week night, with school the next day, yet we stayed up well past 12 midnight just to get all those commercials down in proper order, and we were all so sleepy (I think the movie started at 8 p.m.) with the end of the movie nowhere in sight. It was incredible. The entire premiere broadcast of "Patton" on Philippine TV lasted more than four hours because of all those commercials.

A little memory from the 1970s.  I wonder who among you remember this.

One channel (I think it was Channel 7) premiered the movie "Patton" with a promo.  You had to list down all the commercials aired, in the proper order, to qualify for a raffle.  This was a week night, with school the next day, yet we stayed up well past 12 midnight just to get all those commercials down in proper order, and we were all so sleepy (I think the movie started at 8 p.m.) with the end of the movie nowhere in sight.  It was incredible.  The entire premiere broadcast of "Patton" on Philippine TV lasted more than four hours because of all those commercials.

galing ng memory mo pareng jt2003, yes naalala ko yan I think that was in 1971 (parang sa IBC 13 pinalabas). I remember my grandfather listing down all of that commercial and he was disappointed when his name wasn't picked but we did enjoy Patton (George C. Scott)...makahanap nga ng DVD nyan.

Edited by Anaheim
30 years ago, YONEX ang brand of choice ng raketa pero hindi pangbadminton kundi pelota.

nagpepelota ka rin pala nuong 70s pareng storm, ang pelota brand na ginamit ko ay Leach...sa harrison plaza ko pa binili nuong 1975. sa nichols air base ako madalas mag pelota noung 70s . nasa akin pa yung raketa na yan heto attached ko photo. usong uso pelota nuong 1970s.

post-46232-1101167549.jpg

Edited by Anaheim

kaya 2loy bihira akoh d2, pelota and patton ang usapan (erferferf).

did not do very well on those pelota things, but watched patton and I still say george deserved the academy award for his performance. the first scene alone where patton was haranguing his troops, sulit ka na.

george canseco was that artist whose songs became movies, na naging typical formula ni mother. I always try to remeber these canseco songs without the teenybopper/sob story movies that go with them.

pinanood ko ang acadamy awards where 'you light up my life' won the best song, beating 'someone's waiting for you' (from the rescuers). well at least the rescuers movie is a whole lot better than the YLUML film

nagpepelota ka rin pala nuong 70s pareng storm, ang pelota brand na ginamit ko ay Leach...sa harrison plaza ko pa binili nuong 1975. sa nichols air base ako madalas mag pelota noung 70s . nasa akin pa yung raketa na yan heto attached ko photo. usong uso pelota nuong 1970s.

Wow, talagang collector ka Pareng A. Yung sa akin noon ay YONEX pero bobo ako sa mga sports na me raketa tulad ng tennis, pingpong and badminton. Pero pambawi naman, kakaunting Pilipino lamang ang mas magaling sa akin noon sa mga sports na kailangan ang ipenetrate ang mga fingers at may titirahin. :P :cool:

Welcome back Pareng Robbie.

Ang hindi ko malimutan noon sa Patton ay yung harapan nila with the Russian "allies". kung nasunod siguro si Patton, ubos siguro ang communista noon.

Nung November 1978, tuwang-tuwa ako kasi bibili raw kami ng bagong car. I was suggesting a lancer kasi mabangis noon ang Lancer for a college student like me. I was tired of the Volks beetle kasi pinependong kapag gamit ko tapos wala pang aircon. Anyway, yung gagong salesman napilit ang parents ko to buy their top of the line na Galant Lambda.

Well, kapag minsan-minsan kong magamit yung lekat na car, alaskado ako kasi pang DOM daw. Anyway, masarap naman siyang gamitin compared to the Beetle kaya lang hindi lang pangtatay, pang tatay na DOM pa. :evil:

the only guy in our tundo neighborhood who has a personal vehicle is the attroney, who got a 70s corolla. yun nga lang, the car was wrecked one day - umamin pa sya na 'nakabangga ako ng baka'.

erferferf.

I was too young for a car in '78, elem pa lang akoh nyan (erferferf) pero sawa akoh sa stable ng uncle ko who operated 5 kalesas plying the tondo-divisoria area. pag naligo ang mga horsey, sinasabayan na namin para tipid sa tubig. hindi namin naisipan na gamitin ang mga shampu ng mga horsey tho.

Pareng Robbie,

In 1979, tumirik jan sa Tundo yung beetle ko on my way to a debut jan sa Manila Hotel. Una kinabahan ako kasi sa Tundo pa tumirik pero wala namang masamang nangyari kahit iniwan ko ng magdamag at nagbilin lang ako dun sa may-ari ng bahay sa tapat ng kinatirikan ko. Binalikan ko the next day, kasama mekaniko. Intact pa rin yung beetle.