Back To The 70's

I remember Charlotte Rampling in the movie Zardoz, starred with Sean Connery.

Rio Locsin was the first "crush ng bayan" if i'm not mistaken. She was first linked with Al Tantay.

Remember Yvonne? - one of the first "Bomba Queen". :boo:

to me the most "memorable" Charlotte Rampling film is THE NIGHT PORTER, where she had a lot of nudity and steamy scenes with Dirk Bogarde hehehe...

to me the most "memorable" Charlotte Rampling film is THE NIGHT PORTER, where she had a lot of nudity and steamy scenes with Dirk Bogarde hehehe...

For me it was "The Verdict." No steamy scenes, but what a story. And what a performance by Paul Newman, as good and perhaps even better than his roles in "The Hustler" and "Cool Hand Luke."

back to jingle magazine:

what i can never forget was HITSHITSHITSHITHITSHITSHITS running on the top and bottom of the pages.

u could read it as HITS or SH_T

quite appropriate for some songs :D

Yes, too bad all my collections are gone... damn rats! :(

I wrote an article once in Jingle Magazine. I was commissioned by one of the staffers who is my friend to write an article about Audiophile Terminologies to explain it in layman's term. I can't remember what issue that was, but it had Donna Summers on the cover with green background. B)

jt2003 Posted Today, 12:09 AM

QUOTE(bods1000 @ Mar 31 2007, 07:56 PM)

For me it was "The Verdict." No steamy scenes, but what a story. And what a performance by Paul Newman, as good and perhaps even better than his roles in "The Hustler" and "Cool Hand Luke."

I agree with you guys and with Pareng Storm regarding Charlotte Rampling. I saw both movies mentioned above and I liked her a lot because of her nude scenes sa "The Night Porter". :evil:

When she was still starting out, she had guested on one of the Avenger episodes in the late 60s. :cool:

I just watched DREAMGIRLS on DVD (a bio-pic loosely based on The Supremes)... DIANA ROSS was THE Diva of the 70's.. For me, she was the prettiest Black singer/actress. I watched the entitled "MAHOGANY" (co starring Billy Dee Williams who was THEN the 70's version of Terrence Howard ::heart:) and i became an instant fan. I also remember her and her Disco break-out song "The Boss". I saw her recently on the AMERICAN IDOL her performance was so disappointing. :cry:

anybody remember BEDROOM MAZURKA?

cinerama (now isetan) - pssst boy BTS (bedtime stories)

sa locals - yvonne & merle fernandez

What about the x-rated local movies inserted in between double bills at the old Del Monte theater along Del Monte avenue just off Roosevelt. This was where I saw the late George Estregan humping who I think was Rosanna Ortiz and that classic humping movie of Ricky Rogers and Scarlet.

Entrance during the early 70s was 50 centavos. We would go in after lunch after the last day of our periodical tests and get to step out after dark. In between there would be a showing of a Jess Lapid or Jun Aristorenas flick doubled with some local scary movie.

The seats were four abreast wood benches with no upholstery and if you happen to sit on top of a bedbug nest, too bad for you. The floors tended to get slippery too and we all knew why.

Anyone remember Ginoo magazine?

My dad along with a gentleman named Rodolfo T Reyes used to be the publishers of Ginoo. You will remember Reyes as the man who went on to become Press Secretary under FVR and then again under Erap. Photography was done by Emil Davocol and Mario Co in a small studio along Pasay road where I had the chance to watch centerfold shoots during my early college years.

I remember shoots of:

Daria Ramirez

Lotis Key - whoo hooo!

Gloria Diaz

Pilar Pilapil

Cherie Gil

Elizabeth Oropeza

Anna Marin

Ana Marie Gonzales

Carmen Ronda

and Susan Henson

yeah this should be good...makahanap din nga...

sana maglabas na din ng DVD collection ng early Star Trek TV series, or Twilight Zone, or Combat hehehe

Pards, actually mayroon nang DVD collections for all the series you mentioned. Here in the US, they've been out for at least a couple of years na. I hope they become available there soon.

Mandrake Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Still watch their re-runs on TV Land- a cable channel. I prefer the earlier episodes with

Suzanne Sommer.

Same here. I also watch their reruns on the same cable channel you mentioned and like you, I also prefer Suzanne Sommer to the lady who replaced her. Plus, the earlier episodes were much funnier. :cool:

What about the x-rated local movies inserted in between double bills at the old Del Monte theater along Del Monte avenue just off Roosevelt. This was where I saw the late George Estregan humping who I think was Rosanna Ortiz and that classic humping movie of Ricky Rogers and Scarlet.

Entrance during the early 70s was 50 centavos. We would go in after lunch after the last day of our periodical tests and get to step out after dark. In between there would be a showing of a Jess Lapid or Jun Aristorenas flick doubled with some local scary movie.

The seats were four abreast wood benches with no upholstery and if you happen to sit on top of a bedbug nest, too bad for you. The floors tended to get slippery too and we all knew why.

Tama yang sinabi mo, madalas din ako makapanood dyan nung araw. Black and white pa mostly mga singit dyan, pero yan talaga pinapanood ng mga tao. Wala pang aircon! :lol:

Ukay-ukay na ngayon dyan.

Yeah Bong bested out a lot of other contestants most of the time but minsan natatalo din siya. Yung nakakatalo sa kanya yung Muslim guy, Nasir Abbas ata name nun.

If I'm not mistaken, Bong Barrameda remained un-beaten in this quiz contest, where he made his name as a "walking encyclopedia."
My dad along with a gentleman named Rodolfo T Reyes used to be the publishers of Ginoo. You will remember Reyes as the man who went on to become Press Secretary under FVR and then again under Erap. Photography was done by Emil Davocol and Mario Co in a small studio along Pasay road where I had the chance to watch centerfold shoots during my early college years.

I remember shoots of:

Daria Ramirez

Lotis Key - whoo hooo!

Gloria Diaz

Pilar Pilapil

Cherie Gil

Elizabeth Oropeza

Anna Marin

Ana Marie Gonzales

Carmen Ronda

and Susan Henson

You must have a collection of those issues. :cool:

Speaking of the Bomba genre, the husband and wife team of Ricky Rogers and Scarlet was un-beatable. :thumbsupsmiley:

I remember shoots of:

Daria Ramirez

Lotis Key - whoo hooo!

Gloria Diaz

Pilar Pilapil

Cherie Gil

Elizabeth Oropeza

Anna Marin

Ana Marie Gonzales

Carmen Ronda

and Susan Henson

What a small world! I and Mario used to work for the same boss.

Wow ang daming bago. Welcome folks, our group is getting bigger and bigger.

I haven't seen any of those bomba flicks specially the Ricky Rogers and Scarlet tandem. :(

I remember GINOO Magazine and PIC.

I hope boomouse can post some pics of the GINOO ladies. :P

Sorry to comment on boomouse handle but.... I just remembered the BOO team in the Intramurals when we were in high school where a picture of a big mouse (rat) is embroidered in their uniform below the BOO. Nakalusot sa mga pari at madre. :thumbsupsmiley:

Any one remember, or been to, Good Earth Emporium along Avenida Rizal near the corner of Carriedo? When I was still a kid my dad brought me there and I remember always the 3rd floor kasi yun ung toys section. Magaganda pa quality ng matchbox cars nun compared now.

Wala na ata ngayon un...

Any one remember, or been to, Good Earth Emporium along Avenida Rizal near the corner of Carriedo? When I was still a kid my dad brought me there and I remember always the 3rd floor kasi yun ung toys section. Magaganda pa quality ng matchbox cars nun compared now.

Wala na ata ngayon un...

Matchbox nut din ako in those days...i still have in my baul the Aston Martin classic issue of JB-007. :cool:

Meron pa rin ngaung mga new issues but pretty expensive.

Pards, actually mayroon nang DVD collections for all the series you mentioned. Here in the US, they've been out for at least a couple of years na. I hope they become available there soon.

Same here. I also watch their reruns on the same cable channel you mentioned and like you, I also prefer Suzanne Sommer to the lady who replaced her. Plus, the earlier episodes were much funnier. :cool:

thanks pare!

I actually saw Star Trek Seasons 1-3 here in Metrowalk - planning to buy it next time and I will also look for the others pero parang wala. Would you also know if Mission Impossible - the original TV series with Peter Graves and Martin Landau has been released as a video collection? Ito rin ang gusto kong mapanuod uli...