• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

In the 1976 one could buy HELLO KITTY Items in a variety store - cum record shop in the basement of CIRCLE THEATER in Quezon Ave. (This later became a Jollibee branch). I remember spending my X'mas collection of P200.00 pesos (a big amount then) on a Hello Kitty Pencil box, Pencil Caps and Slippers.

In the 1976 one could buy HELLO KITTY Items in a variety store - cum record shop in the basement of CIRCLE THEATER in Quezon Ave. (This later became a Jollibee branch).  I remember spending my X'mas collection of P200.00 pesos (a big amount then) on a Hello Kitty Pencil box, Pencil Caps and Slippers.

My favorite was the Hello Kitty toothbrushes, which I had to keep buying because after using it a few times, the bristles wear off so easily. What a waste! :(

Girls, who remembers collecting Hallmark stationery? I'm sure all of you fell in love with the characters of Betsy Clark! I kept all my boxes of stationery with matching envelopes, stickers, and greeting cards, para ipamamana ko sa daughter ko. A few years ago I inspected them and they have darkened with mildew, the envelope flaps got stuck, and the stickers don't stick anymore! Again, what a waste!!! :(

Oh well, I guess it's the Philippine weather (not the passage of time, he, he, he...) !!!

Girls, who remembers collecting Hallmark stationery?  I'm sure all of you fell in love with the characters of Betsy Clark!  I kept all my boxes of stationery with matching envelopes, stickers, and greeting cards, para ipamamana ko sa daughter ko.  A few years ago I inspected them and they have darkened with mildew, the envelope flaps got stuck, and the stickers don't stick anymore!  Again, what a waste!!!  :(

I remember asking for Hallmark Stationaries from my sisters and cousins when writing short love notes to my GF before. she liked it (plus dagdag pogi points pa) hahahahaha!

Bago nauso si Voltes V at Mazinger Z pinakasikat na robot animation si Gigantor!!!!

As a kid then, you should know the lyrics of the theme song!!!

pwede po bang makisali. Kumusta po kayong lahat. I remember Gigantor sir masi pag lumalabas na sya sa bukana ng bulkan. Anybody remember Alakazam?

for basketball fans

1979-Legendary former NBA greats Larry Bird and Earvin"Magic" Johnson were NBA Rookies(Bird was the eventual Rookie of the year).

sa PBA naman the late Arnie Tuadles was the rookie of the year and member of the Mythical 5.

Thanks to Ms. Augustmoon for inviting me to this thread.