Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Follow up question lang about redundancy.........

Here's the scenario.....

merong nurses in manila and cebu......... due to redundancy daw tatanggalin na kami (wherein fact mag outsource sila ng nurses to replace us, so i guess wala pang redundancy), we learned na kami lang mga taga manila ang tatanggalin, yung nasa cebu eh hindi kasama.

Question... isnt this "unfair labor practice" tsaka nasaan ang security of tenure dito? Lahat kami ay regular employees.....

Thanks to all MTC Lawyers.

Unfair labor practice normally refers to breaking up of unions and legitimate union actions. In my opinion, the decision to outsource is a business decision. It is a method of decreasing your operating costs. Hence, the redundancy. As long as they give the required termination pay, and that the redundancy is for a legitimate reason, then there is nothing the employees can do.

I thank you all for your response to my query.

I agree ..i have my obligations to HSBC and I am not turning away from that responsibility of settling my debts, but not with these Law firms who calls me everyday sa office and demanding that I pay this certain amount...and if I say i cannot make a payment then they will counter na " kakasuhan namin kayo kapag di ka nagbayad ngayon din" and in a rude manner as well...and if they call the ofc and I'm not around, they will tell our secretry na malaki ang utang ko sa card ko. I have a question, why do they have to tell our secretary that? to embarass me to pay? to de-grade me and humiliate me so i will pay them? I know they work thru commission but do they have to do that? Now if that is not harrassment of some sort, then I dont know what it is...

I thank you all for your response to my query.

I agree ..i have my obligations to HSBC and I am not turning away from that responsibility of settling my debts, but not with these Law firms who calls me everyday sa office and demanding that I pay this certain amount...and if I say i cannot make a payment then they will counter na " kakasuhan namin kayo kapag di ka nagbayad ngayon din" and in a rude manner as well...and if they call the ofc and I'm not around, they will tell our secretry na malaki ang utang ko sa card ko. I have a question, why do they have to tell our secretary that? to embarass me to pay? to de-grade me and humiliate me so i will pay them? I know they work thru commission but do they have to do that? Now if that is not harrassment of some sort, then I dont know what it is...

Unfortunately public embarassment is one of the favorite tactics of collectors. Reminded me of a clip from Harrison Ford's "Firewall" where a lawyer/collector was shouting at Harrison Ford's character that he better pay off his online gambling debt.

If someone filed for annulment on grounds of psychological incapacity, does that mean that the petitioner is not the one who's capacity or incapacity is in question? :unsure:

did i even word my inquiry correctly? :blush:

Edited by Macy
If someone filed for annulment on grounds of psychological incapacity, does that mean that the petitioner is not the one who's capacity or incapacity is in question? :unsure:

did i even word my inquiry correctly? :blush:

macy dear:

he/she (Petitioner) can say his/her spouse is incapacitated or he/she himself/herself is the incapacitated spouse.

It'll work either way.

ask ko lang po what if u met this guy and he told u ne he's single then nagkaroon kayo ng relasyon then later u found out n hes not single umabot sa point na na eskandalo yung girl....meron bang case na ganun????

As far as I'm concerned you will only have a cause of action if you suffered damages due to his misrepresentations. For bruised egos and broken hearts you cannot run to the courts.

60K lang? wow.. thats kinda cheap. my cousin kc filed for one and it caused him liked a 100K+. im not so familiar with the process actually. what are the grounds ba for filing an annulment?

ps.

thanks.

my gf's annulment cost her 70-80k. a year-long processing.

it always depend on the following:

a. the lawyer (the better or more seasoned, the more expensive)

b. the judge, prosecutor, etc. (lets not disregard the fact that some of them are "dirty"

c. the evidence to be adduced. like the psychiatrist, etc.

depende lang talaga sa budget or capacity to pay ng parties yan. and as for the cause of action, depende rin sa tindi ng ebidensya.

b. the judge, prosecutor, etc. (lets not disregard the fact that some of them are "dirty"

depende lang talaga sa budget or capacity to pay ng parties yan. and as for the cause of action, depende rin sa tindi ng ebidensya.

Agreed, as I mentioned, the simple ones will be generally less expensive, e.g. both parties "cooperate", the evidence is substantive and available etc.

There is always "degree of difficulty" to consider when assessing the costs.

thanks for the info. :)

Do u guys know what are the requirements (legality wise), to put up a retail/store website based in PI?...is it just like putting up a regular business?...thanks much...noah

Dear Noah,

There is no requirement as of yet for putting up a retail/store website in the Philippines other than the regular requirements for putting up a business and protecting your rights. Technically, a retail/store website is nothing more than putting up a small sari-sari store, albeit a high tech one :) . If you want to protect your trade name and branding then it is suggested that you register your business and reserve the name of your site so that no one else can copy it or imitate it.

sirs,

sorry kung na-post ko rin sa isang thread. just dunno where to post it more approprietly...kung nasagot na, paki disregard nalang po.

help po pls...this message keeps on appearing when i start my laptop...

Windows-Registry Recovery

One of the files containing the system’s Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

ok naman when i click OK...nothing bad happens...so far...nakakainis lang kasi laging ganon...what should i do? salamat ng marami!