Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i'm not sure kung available here sa atin ah, pero knowing pinoys, meron na siguro nyan, try raon, gumawa na ako security surveillance as my thesis before, and they have many gadgets there or if not try buying online if interested. (ano yan pang scandal?) hehe.. kiddin' bro! goodluck!

hehehehehehehe... i will try raon.. sige... thanks bro.. pang scandal? pwede.. hehehe

alan dude, if you have the dough, go for G5 na or the ibooks ng MAC, super stable and very user friendly OS nila, though the availability of the programs are limited but still it's worth the buy, or still keep your own pc as well for other programs.

im thinking of getting the mac mini. para mag-assemble din ako ng PC platform, magagamit ko yung flatscreen, usb mouse and keyboard. thanks dude. nakagamit k b ng mac?

im thinking of getting the mac mini.  para mag-assemble din ako ng PC platform, magagamit ko yung flatscreen, usb mouse and keyboard. thanks dude. nakagamit k b ng mac?

yup, not very familiar with it though, just a couple of times, my friend owns a G5, kaya sa akin na punta yung high-end assembled na pc nya which I bought from him at a very cheap price. hehe..

he uses it for music recording and video editing.

pano po mag reformat ng win98 to xp tapos dual boot ng knoppix?

First make sure that all necessary data are backed-up to ensure that you won't commit suicide afterwards... :P

Second, insert your Windows XP CD and restart the computer. If all goes well, the computer should boot up from the XP CD instead of from the HD. (Assuming you have a bootable XP CD installer...) Once there follow the instructions until you see a screen where you choose on which partition you should install XP to. Here you must delete all partitions* (this is why you must back-up your data...) and create a partition that is large enough for your XP needs but small enough so that there is still some space left on the HD for the Knoppix install later. (About 2.8 GB if you're not planning to install applications on your Knoppix/Debian (since it's already installed on the HD...) installation...) Afterwards, just continue on with the XP setup and remember to read always...

Once the XP setup is completed, boot from the Knoppix CD and run the Knoppix HD installer from the root shell: sudo knoppix-installer. Afterwards just follow directions. Btw, while installing Knoppix on your HD, you will be asked to create two partitions for your Knoppix/Debian Linux installation, one for your Knoppix, the other for the swap. Everything should be fine afterwards. If you have any more questions, just surf to Knoppix.Net for more details regarding the Knoppix Installer utility. :headsetsmiley:

*this is deemed necessary if you often play with your partitions with Partition Magic...it sometimes messes up the partition table which makes installing the boot loader a great pain... :)

i do. in fact, i got 2.

1. is the non-compete clause in employment contracts valid AND enforceable here in the Philippines?

2. can MNC-Philippines enforce such clause even if the MNC is governed by the code 16600* of the Business and Profession Code of the State of California which renders such clause void, thus, unenforceable?

*16600. Except as provided in this chapter, every contract by which

anyone is restrained from engaging in a lawful profession, trade, or

business of any kind is to that extent void.

MNC is for Multinational Company.

any good schools/institues here or perhaps websites that teaches the different procedures in troubleshooting a computer hardware ?

niit used to have a school in ortigas but they changed the name. prior to that i have seen and read manuals they are giving out their students, and everything looks nice and easy to understand even for newbies.

i do. in fact, i got 2.

1. is the non-compete clause in employment contracts valid AND enforceable here in the Philippines?

2. can MNC-Philippines enforce such clause even if the MNC is governed by the code 16600* of the Business and Profession Code of the State of California which renders such clause void, thus, unenforceable?

*16600.  Except as provided in this chapter, every contract by which

anyone is restrained from engaging in a lawful profession, trade, or

business of any kind is to that extent void.

MNC is for Multinational Company.

Contracts which prohibit an employeee from engaging in business in competion with the employer are not necessarily void for being in restraint of trade. Such a clause is valid and enforceable when reasonable. It has been held that a non-compete clause that is limited as to time and trade is reasonable and therefore valid.

A non-compete clause that is limited in time but not as to trade, however is unreasonable. It must be limited to those trades in competition with the employer's business.

I am not competent to discuss 16600, but the phrase "Except as provided in this chapter.." suggests that there are exceptions to the general rule. A limited non compete clause may be among the exceptions.

But MNC-Philippines may definitely enforce it here in the Philippines without violating any local law.

Hope this helps Tasha8 or Annais :D